[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.32 MB, 2800x2500, Doorstoppers_list_for_wiki.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2289106 No.2289106 [Reply] [Original]

Has anyone here ever reached a point where you have nothing interesting to read? As in, a point where you got to the end of your to-read list. How long did it take?

At the speed I read at, it's doubtful that I'll ever run out of interesting material to read (for every book I finish, two more books are added to my to-read list basically), so I find it hard to justify rereading books. It just feels like wasted opportunity.

>> No.2289113

No, and I don't think I ever will.

Right now my to-read list is about 3,400 books long. That'll probably take me at least another two decades to get through, and by that time I'm sure I'll have found more interesting things on top of all the things that will have been written during that time.

I have no qualms about re-reading though. If I find a book that feels like a favorite, I'll reread it, because I can't not.

>> No.2289119

No, but after reading a few bad or deceitful books I tend to reread another I did enjoy.

>> No.2289132

Just try to switch between new books and rereading. It's important to read a book more than once, for you will not fully comprehend the richness after one read.

>> No.2289457
File: 125 KB, 500x707, 3333.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I haven't re-read a book since 2002. I can't possibly justify re-reading something when there are literally thousands of books for me to read out there. My to-read list, both ebook and physical, is massive and I need to get my ass off 4chan and get reading

>> No.2290539

There are too many books to run out of for me.
I don't have a to-read list of over 3000 books like the other anon, but I buy new books on a whim all the time.
There are still a couple of books that I bought over a year ago and haven't read yet, because I constantly buy new stuff.

>> No.2290662

> implying I can ever get tired of reading In Search of Lost Time

nigga please

sage because anyone who doesn't reread should just inject heroin into their butt and overdose and die

peace