[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 251 KB, 860x1101, 7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22862895 No.22862895 [Reply] [Original]

Where do you find philosophy resources for kindle reading?

So I have started studying philosophy this year and really love it. The only problem I have is that my university provides all the texts we have to read as PDFs. The look like scanned in books, but I can still search through them which is a plus. The only thing that annoys me is that I would like to read them on my Kindle. Reading PDFs on it isn't very pleasant since I can't adjust the font size, mark sentences and so on.

A lot of texts are from 'The Journal of Philosophy' or 'The Philosophical Quarterly', where both are accessible through JSTOR, but these are all just PDFs.

I already tried the pdf to ebook converter that Calibre provides, but that worked very poorly.

>> No.22862897

>>22862895
Some philosophy books are available in the Kindle store, but for most texts you'll probably have to take your chances with the convert function in Calibre. In my experience, it sometimes works. Some PDFs are more readable than others, usually better in landscape mode.