[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 100 KB, 362x559, La.Vie.de.Mahomet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22808661 No.22808661 [Reply] [Original]

Red-pill me on Orthodoxy, Muhammad and the Fascism of Ezra Pound.

>> No.22808692
File: 764 KB, 600x841, 1000005600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22808661
I'm not sure what those three things have to do with eachother, but if you read the history if the early church it's clear that the Orthodox church is the true apostalic successor to the church established by Christ and not the latin papacy. Church authority is real, but the concept of a pope having total authority over the whole church is a latin invention that came from the political situation of the Holy Roman Empire. Even earlier latin patriarchs like Gregory the Great say “Whosoever calls himself, or desires to be called, Universal Priest, is in his elation the precursor of antichrist.”.
Furthermore, the Roman Church changed the Nicene Creed to include the doctrine of dual procession which modern Catholics will cope and say isnt their position but the reality is that at the time of the schism and when the franks dominated the western churches and added the filioque that was in fact their position.
I'm sure some latins will have something to say about all that but that is a sort of quick rundown primer on it. Read Kallistos Ware, he is probably the best introduction to Orthodoxy that we have in English

>> No.22808709

>>22808692
Oh, actually I do have a redpill on Muhammad. He said that false prophets will die by havung their aorta cut, and then when he was poised he specifically mentioned that it cut his aorta. kek