[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 18 KB, 320x240, temp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2278199 No.2278199 [Reply] [Original]

Is he going to die before he finishes the series?

Just finished Dance, and the cliffhangers are going to kill me. Doesn't help that he takes forever to write his books too.

>> No.2278204
File: 464 KB, 1158x557, LSD1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sorry OP but he will die soon

>> No.2278205

GRRM rides a bike he's pretty healthy he's only sixty three

>> No.2278211

>>2278205
he'll be atleast 80 before he gets round to releasing the next book though

>> No.2278213

who cares
shit overrated series for babbies

>> No.2278217

ASOIAF is fucking gay anyways
>hur dur kill off all the characters so dark and edgy
fucking babby shit
if i wanted to read about misfortune after misfortune i wouldve just read a fucking newspaper

>> No.2278220

>that feel when GRRM dies and you'll never find out whether Jon lives or not

>> No.2278225

He's not even that old, medically speaking.

>> No.2278228

>>2278213
>>2278217

Somebody better call the WAAAAAMBULANCE

>> No.2278229

>>2278225
see
>>2278211

>> No.2278236

There were at least 2 big things that he meant to tie up in ADWD but his bitch editor insisted to move them to TWoW

>> No.2278238

>>2278217

That's not how ASoIaF is though, you fucking retard.

That is something mongoloids who have only read Dragonlance and R.A. Salvatore novels before reading ASoIaF say.

>> No.2278241

>that feel when Arya and Bran's chapters are the best but they just had to be the fewest ones

>> No.2278243

>>2278238

>Robb dies
>Ned dies
>Catelyn dies
>Jon dies
>Jaime is probably dead
>Quentyn dies
>practically every supporting character dies

hur dur

>> No.2278246

>>2278243

>practically every supporting character dies

Utter bullshit.

>Catelyn, Jon dies

Both of them come back to life

Also Jaime's not going to die.

Also, even if you had actually managed to list actual deaths it still wouldn't mean what was implied earlier.

>> No.2278249

>>2278241
>that feel when dany is the shittest character of them all but has the most chapters and plot armor out of anyone

Whenever I finish a book of GRRM I end up frustrated by what could have been if dany had died instead of any of the other numerous main characters killed off.

>> No.2278251

>>2278249

Why is Dany "the shittiest character" ?

Also, only three PoV characters have died fully and two of them weren't "main" characters.

>> No.2278259

>>2278251
cliched poor girl becomes benevolent princess, ridiculous plot armor, generally boring and unlikeable, far removed from the rest of the plot where things I actually care about happen.

She was alright in the first book but afterwards I just couldn't stand it whenever her chapters came up.

>> No.2278262

>>2278259

>cliched poor girl becomes benevolent princess, ridiculous plot armor

How else can you portray a rise to power? Should you just not portray it at all?

>generally boring and unlikeable, far removed from the rest of the plot where things I actually care about happen.

None of these are valid answers to the question "Why is she a shitty character" ?

>> No.2278272

>>2278262
>"Why is she a shitty character"
Because she's a retard and her character becomes dumber and dumber book after book.

In ASOS, she was ruthless, cunning and bitchy. In ADWD, she's trying to be peaceful, dumb as shits and passes Quentyn's sweet ass offer.

Someone on these forums said it best. GRRM tried so hard not to make her Mary Sue, he went too far.

>> No.2278276

>>2278272

>In ADWD, she's trying to be peaceful,

No shit she is trying to learn how to rule efficiently before going to Westeros

>passes Quentyn's sweet ass offer.

Quentyn's offer was a fucking joke. He had no ships. All he had was an army on the other side of the world. Completely useless to Dany.

If you want to complain about Dany passing on an offer talk about Xaro Xhoan Daxos' offer.

Although none of this has anything to do with how she's a shitty character.

>> No.2278279

>>2278243
fuck you. I just finished the first book. Why did I put my mouse on that spoiler...

>> No.2278281

>>2278279

>thread starts with discussion of the latest book in the series

>"fuck you for spoiling things"

Go away.

>> No.2278283

So now that jon is dead I have no reason to read these books anymore.

I don't give a shit about "FUCK ME DARRIO, OH DARRIO, DARRIO FUCK ME" shitcunt dany with her boring fucking chapters.

>> No.2278286

>>2278283

You're a retard for numerous reasons not the least of which being that you actually think Jon is dead.

>> No.2278289

Guys, can someone link me a download to the second book in pdf form? I don't want to wait a week for delivery.

>> No.2278290

>>2278286
>gets stabbed numerous times
>bleeds out

yeah totally going to make it out of that one.

>> No.2278292

>>2278290

Please, do stop reading this series and never discuss it again. This fanbase is retarded enough already. Shoo.

>> No.2278307

Why do people still think Jon will be dead? It all pointed to Brianne dying in Feast or whenever, and then she reappears in Dance.

>> No.2278309

>>2278307

The signs pointing to Jon coming back far exceed those of Brienne coming back so I am truly flabbergasted to find out there are people out there who lack the reading comprehension to see this shit.

>> No.2278328

>>2278290

>gets stabbed numerous times
>in a series which has already had several misleading 'deaths'
>after forming some kind of relationship with a priestess who worships a power that can bring people back from the dead
>while being a strong candidate for position of Jesus-like figure in said religion
>while being able to shift into the body of a wolf, previously shown as a way to escape death, reinforced right at the start of the book

yeah totally going to make it out of that one.

>> No.2278332
File: 51 KB, 198x198, raep01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2278199
He's old and fat. He will have a heart attack and die by june 2012.

>> No.2278343

>>2278279

shut up you stupid fucking fag seriously just kill yourself you god damn mongoloid

>> No.2278346

>>2278307

>Brienne
>shouts out a word at the last moment
>shouts out a word
>that one word is heavily implied that it could have saved her life
>no surprise here

>Jon
>stabbed four times in fatal places
>falls to the floor blacking out

I want to know how GRRM is going to pull this off without using another one of HURR R'HLLOR REZERRECTION U MAD? DEAL WITH IT
the red priests are overpowered as hell god damn

>> No.2278351

>>2278346

Read the goddamn prologue of ADWD again you dense cunt.

>> No.2278353

>>2278351

how about you suck my dick, huh?
retard.
jon didn't even know he was a warg
several characters throughout the book make mention of how he fights his warg nature instead of embracing it
he only subconsciously goes into Ghost in his dreams
so you can fuck right off you cretin gypsy

>> No.2278357

>>2278353

Jon does know hes a warg you dense motherfucker.

>> No.2278358

Holy shit the ASOIAF fanbase is cancer in every meaning of the word.
I hope you guys get exterminated.

>> No.2278361

>She asks to see Azor Ahai, hoping for Stannis, but sees only Jon Snow surrounded by skulls, his face changing between that of a man and that of a wolf.

OH BOY IT'S TOTALLY UNCLEAR AS TO WHAT THIS MIGHT MEAN OH BOY OH BOY

>> No.2278365

>>2278358

You are very bad at formatting your text, please refrain from posting again until this issue is resolved.

>> No.2278366
File: 50 KB, 428x510, crylaughHDb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy fuck this thread is hilarious

>> No.2278370

>he only subconsciously goes into Ghost in his dreams

Which rules out Jon subconsciously passing into ghost when he falls unconscious?

>> No.2278372

>Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again.

GOSH DARNIT THIS CODE CANNOT BE CRACKED! WHAT DOES IT MEAN????????

>> No.2278373

>>2278346

>Catelyn - confirmed dead, brought back by R'hllor
>Beric Dondarrion - confirmed dead, brought back by R'hllor multiple times
>Gregor Clegane - fatally poisoned, kept 'alive' or restored to life by unknown means
>Sandor Clegane - officially dead, apparently alive
>Brienne - seemingly about to be killed, alive without explanation
>Coldhands - obviously dead, returned to life as wight and not a mindless zombie
>A couple of wargs - killed, jump into another body

There are lots of other characters as well like Dany, Bran, Arya, Davos, Bran and Rickon, etc, who are either believed to be dead or in incidents that it suggests has killed them, only to find out they either survived magically or because it wasn't that bad or they were just very lucky, etc. You can shout all you like about HURRR STUPID LIKE I EVEN CARE ABOUT YOUR HURR DURR STUPID R'HLLOR ANYWAY, but.. it's still been proven as a valid way for characters to return from the dead, as has warging, so between Melisandre and Snow, it's not totally wacky and far out and impossible that Jon will survive.

>> No.2278376

>>2278373

>Sandor Clegane - officially dead, apparently alive

Except no.

>> No.2278378

>>2278376

What? He's alive, deal with it.

>> No.2278380

>>2278376

GRRM just randomly decided to drew attention to the big fucking gravedigger who is one of the very few men taller than Brienne, with an obscured face, who likes dogs, and is limping as if he received a nasty leg injury recently, and recently became a novice at the same place where the Hound apparently died?

>> No.2278386

>>2278380

I can't wait for the Sandor/Jaime fanfiction~

>> No.2278416

Am i the only person who thinks that coldhands is Benjamin stark?

Sounds like something that fat dick would do to an awesome character.

>The crows he killed were the traitors who took out mormont.

>> No.2278424
File: 16 KB, 300x390, tweest.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2278332
>>2278199
>>2278204
>>2278211
>>2278205

mfw any of you could die in a random accident before he releases his next book.

How's that for a tweest?

>> No.2278431

>>2278416

>Am i the only person who thinks that coldhands is Benjamin stark?

Everyone thinks that. To the extent it's too obvious to be true.

>> No.2278497

>>2278431

Really? when i talked to the group of people i know who are into ASOIAF they were totally blown away.

Then again, these are the people who thought that quentyn would actually manage to be one of the 3 targaryen heads.

>> No.2279142

>>2278283

stay mad faggot
dany is the most important character in the series and nothing you can say will change that
(i used to think that it was bran or rickon but apparently GRRM disagrees)

>> No.2279198

>>2279142

With the advent of the HBO series i get the feeling that robb, edd and tyrions popularity have skyrocketed far above DARIOOHDARIOcocklovers.

>> No.2279736

>>2278251
Cue lame pun about Dany's last chapter in ADWD as proof that she's a shitty character.

>> No.2280153

>>2278249
>that feel when dany is the shittest character of them all but has the most chapters and plot armor out of anyone
That's not how you spell "Brienne", chap.

>> No.2280172

I know alot of people hate all the dany chapters from dance I certainly didnt love them but I did enjoy the chapters following other characters in mereen the quentyn and baristan chapters were sorta great imo

>> No.2280174

why are all the female characters retarded or batshit crazy?

>> No.2280180

>>2280174

They aren't.

>> No.2280182

>>2280180

your right most of them are both

>> No.2280184

>>2280182

Arya, Brienne, Catelyn, the Sand Snakes, Sansa, Olenna Redwyne, Maege Mormont, Margaery Tyrell etc. etc. none of these fit the description of "retarded" or "batshit insane".

In fact, the only two women I can think of who DO fit that is Lysa Arryn and Cersei.

>> No.2280200

>>2280184
Catelyn - fucked over the north by releasing Jamie retarded

Brienne - thinks men would actually want to sleep with her retarded

Sansa - responsible for her fathers death retarded

Arya - yet to get her moons blood and be overtaken by female stupidity

the others you mentioned arent major characters as for those you didnt mention

arianne martell - tryd to crown myrcella and got her disfigured retarded

asha - thinks she can do mens work retarded

dany - queen fucking retard

>> No.2280203

>>2280200

Oh boy all aboard the retard train

>Catelyn - fucked over the north by releasing Jamie retarded

To have a chance at saving her children, not exactly a strategic decision you dense cunt

>Brienne - thinks men would actually want to sleep with her retarded

What?

>Sansa - responsible for her fathers death retarded

Right Sansa is "responsible" for Ned's death in the same vein Robert is "responsible" for Ned's death because hey, if he hadn't taken Ned as Hand Ned would still be alive, right? Totally responsible for his death.

>Arya - yet to get her moons blood and be overtaken by female stupidity

You're so clever.

>arianne martell - tryd to crown myrcella and got her disfigured retarded

"This woman had a plot that didn't succeed therefore she is retarded" oh jesus christ give me something more

>asha - thinks she can do mens work retarded

She can,

>dany - queen fucking retard

Say something substantial

>> No.2280204

>>2280203
>>asha - thinks she can do mens work retarded
>She can,

But she can't. She keeps failing at everything she tries.

And about dany, bitch please. She's got a plot armor as thick as Daario's cock in her wet dreams.

>> No.2280205

>>2280203
Catelyn IS a retarded, whiny, annoying bitch.
>durr why are my boys dead, let's whine about war instead of winning it, let's release jaime and trust that loyal-dumb ugly cunt brienne

>> No.2280207

>>2280203
Brienne is loyal good. 'Nuff said.
>But he SWORE before the gods and men that...

Also, the fact that such an ugly, worthless, annoying cunt persists on existing - and having such an absurd amount of POV with that -instead of doing everyone a favor and dying is an insult to the reader.

>> No.2280208

>>2280204

>But she can't. She keeps failing at everything she tries.

Your reasoning is astoundingly simplistic. I'm sure you think Doran Martell is an idiot too because his plan of marrying Quentyn failed

>And about dany, bitch please. She's got a plot armor as thick as Daario's cock in her wet dreams.

What does that have to do with her being retarded or batshit crazy?

>>2280205

Jesus fucking christ say something substantial or don't say anything at all I'm tired of this shit

>>2280207

>Brienne is loyal good. 'Nuff said.
>But he SWORE before the gods and men that...

You mean she has a naive belief in the goodness of man? That doesn't make her retarded.

>Also, the fact that such an ugly, worthless, annoying cunt persists on existing - and having such an absurd amount of POV with that -instead of doing everyone a favor and dying is an insult to the reader.

Go die in a fire, scumfuck.

>> No.2280210

>>2280208
>he loves Brienne, Catelyn, Dany and Asha
>the only dumb characters in the series

This is why we can't have nice things.

>> No.2280211
File: 39 KB, 323x377, 1320435166309.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2280208
>Jesus fucking christ say something substantial or don't say anything at all I'm tired of this shit
>Go die in a fire, scumfuck.

>> No.2280212

>>2280210

I don't "love" them, none of them are my favorite characters.

>>2280211

There was nothing substantial to be said against such nonsensical drivel.

>> No.2280213
File: 5 KB, 105x160, th_1282223746342[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This thread is why I don't bother discussing GRRM with people I don't know. There's an incredible amount of bad trolls and complete fucking retards whenever this shit gets mentioned.

>> No.2280214

>>2280212
>Your reasoning is astoundingly simplistic. I'm sure you think Doran Martell is an idiot too because his plan of marrying Quentyn failed

That's not the same. Doran is a chessmaster; he can adapt to failure and make new plans. Asha is only a try-hard viking.

>What does that have to do with her being retarded or batshit crazy?

Well, she keeps doing retarded things - such as not going to west when everything is in favor of that.

>You mean she has a naive belief in the goodness of man? That doesn't make her retarded.

Being that naive at her age in that world is retarded.

>Go die in a fire, scumfuck.
Sorry, I didn't know you were part of the Brienne Defense Force.

>> No.2280217

>>2280214
I was replying to >>2280208

>> No.2280219

>>2280214

>That's not the same. Doran is a chessmaster; he can adapt to failure and make new plans. Asha is only a try-hard viking.

So what are you saying? That Asha is a worse reaver than all the male ironmen simply on account of being a female?

>Well, she keeps doing retarded things - such as not going to west when everything is in favor of that.

Like when?

>Being that naive at her age in that world is retarded.

Age doesn't necessarily correlate with experience. Brienne is extremely sheltered.

>Sorry, I didn't know you were part of the Brienne Defense Force.

I'm part of the Basic Human Decency and Logic Defense Force

>> No.2280220

>>2280213

Who exactly do you think is "trolling" in this thread?

>> No.2280221

>>2280220
Yeah, don't you dare aim a specific post or the post's owner will claw at you will be stuck in that pointless debate.

>> No.2280222

>>2280219
>So what are you saying? That Asha is a worse reaver than all the male ironmen simply on account of being a female?

I'm not the same guy as >>2280200. But he's got a point. She's the equivalent of a gurl gamer in a viking boat. "That's right, I can fight, and I'm a girl!"

>Like when?
When Xaro Xaderp offers her a dozen of ships and money to get her back to Westeros with her whole army and she prefers to herpderp with strangers in Meereen some more?

>Age doesn't necessarily correlate with experience. Brienne is extremely sheltered.
Arya and Sansa were sheltered too and they took a level in badass. Being sheltered isn't an excuse. Brienne is a dumb cunt, deal with it.

>I'm part of the Basic Human Decency and Logic Defense Force
This is a fucking fantasy book dude. Chill out, it's not serious business.

>> No.2280226

>>2280200

You can do exactly the same for male characters. Prince Rhaegar got nearly his entire family killed and lost the throne for the Targaryens because he had to run off with Lyanna thinking he was some magical prophecied prince, what a retard! Good old King Bob wasn't the father to any of his heirs and got himself killed by his wife, what a retard! Ned told Cersei he was aware of her treason and thus got himself killed, what a retard! Rob went and lost the North because he just had to marry precious special Jeyne because it was the right thing to do, what a retard!

Everyone fucks up spectacularly in ASOIAF. Plenty of men in ASOIAF have spent as much time mooning over women as Dany does over what's-his-name, and the likes of Rhaegar, Robert, Robb, etc, have made some really fucking stupid decisions that have cost them more than most female characters have lost.

>> No.2280229

>>2280222

>But he's got a point. She's the equivalent of a gurl gamer in a viking boat. "That's right, I can fight, and I'm a girl!"

He'd have a point is Asha got her ass handed to her in a fight but she doesn't. She can fight and she can reave, hence she is not retarded for thinking she can do a man's work.

>When Xaro Xaderp offers her a dozen of ships and money to get her back to Westeros with her whole army and she prefers to herpderp with strangers in Meereen some more?

She had shit to do in Meereen that she was committed to. She practically has no reason to go to Westeros right now.

>strangers in Meereen

As opposed to the familiar people in Westeros? Oh wait there is no one familiar to her there. Westeros is MORE strange and unknown to her than Meereen. She's not even the rightful heir to the throne.

>Arya and Sansa were sheltered too and they took a level in badass. Being sheltered isn't an excuse. Brienne is a dumb cunt, deal with it.

Sansa is the only sheltered one, Arya broke out of it by her own accord since she was little. And Sansa made incredibly dumb decisions based on her naivety too before seeing how things really worked.

>> No.2280234

Why do we never talk about the good characters in these threads!? So, I think it's pretty obvious that Jorah is going to eventually get in good again with Dany, only to be her third betrayal.

Also is Roose dead? I can't imagine him letting Ramsay send that letter revealing so much. And how much truth was in that letter? There was a lot of things that only Roose could of known if he had the upper hand, i.e Mance, but Stannis can't be dead ;-;

>> No.2280236

>>2280234

Ramsay is a devious bitch who talks the big talk, Stannis isn't dead neither is Roose. At least they better not be.

>> No.2280239

>>2280234
I'd imagine Roose has fled to the Towers. Ramsay has remained at Winterfell. Stannis will put the towers of Frey under siege. And that's when his best bro Davos will come with additional men from Manderly to bring the smackdown.

>> No.2280241

>>2280239
Fuck i love me some Davos, he's my fav char by far. But, he wont be coming into battle before he finds rickon.

Also, now that manderly is dying(being fucking sliced by shitcunt freys) who actually is on manderlys side of stuff ? since his familiy is all a bunch of pussys.

>> No.2280243

>>2280241
Manderly isn't dying. I don't believe the cut was so severe. And his family wants to go to war against the Freys aswell. Didn't you read the chapter where he said his family members were just putting on a play for the Freys? Then I believe Wylla (?) talked about the wolf promise and how they all swore an oath to be loyal to Stark.

If Wyman died by Frey hand, then the Manderlys will surely go to war.

>> No.2281263

davos confirmed for best character