[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 411 KB, 3168x3080, pepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22751084 No.22751084 [Reply] [Original]

Everything is just a reaction against something else. But if all the parts are reactions, then the whole will also be a reaction. For if all the parts are reactions, then some of them are reactions to something external to the whole or not. But if some of them are, then the whole is itself in some measure a reaction to things outside it. But if none of them are, all the parts will be reactions only to parts that are in the same whole. The whole will therefore be a reaction to itself, since the whole will have an essence identical to the sum of its parts, and its parts are mutual reactions to each other. Therefore the whole universe is simply a reaction to itself. But whatever is a reaction is distinct from what it reacted to. Hence, the universe is distinct from itself. But the only thing distinct from itself is nothing. Therefore, the universe is nothing, and does not exist. But if the whole does not exist, none of the parts exist. For everything that is joined forms a whole, implying that if there is no whole no parts are joined. But if nothing in the universe is joined together, then there are no reactions of anything to anything. But everything is a reaction, hence, if something is not a reaction, it does not exist. Therefore, nothing exists.

>> No.22751086

>>22751084
Neither do you

>> No.22751091

>>22751086
well yeah

>> No.22751156

I just realized my first sentence already implied that the universe is a reaction to itself, since the universe is a thing and would have to react to something, since the universe is precisely what doesn't have anything outside it or at least isnt related to anything outside it. So I can change the first assumption from "everything is just a reaction against something else" to "everything that is a part of a whole is a reaction."

>> No.22751313

>>22751084
>Everything is just a reaction against something else.
proof?

>> No.22751321

>>22751313
proof by empirical evidence. I have experienced trillions of moments in my life and not one of them contained anything that wasn't a reaction against something else.

>> No.22751366

>>22751321
Well that’s wrong. Causality is an illusion and this universe is just one of many anomalies in the omniverse

>> No.22751370

>>22751366
if causality isn't real then how can you say anything exists? The only defensible definitions of existence have either been that it exists if it effects something, has the power to effect something, or is a part of a whole, and all those involve causality.

>> No.22751381

>>22751370
the effects are illusory, like animated cartoon drawings. Each individual moment seems to be a cause and effect, but only because they have been placed in a certain order