[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 209 KB, 640x461, 1656286190716.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22723690 No.22723690 [Reply] [Original]

What do you do after finishing a book and reflecting on it? Do you do research to try and find other perspectives on it? I do but for less popular books it feels as of there's generally very little of substance out there. Having a book club is nice but it takes a while to condition others to read actually good stuff you can discuss in this day and age. I've begun conjuring characters in my mind and having dialogues about the book with them because I need to bounce ideas off something. It also seems like /lit/ doesn't generally want to discuss specific books unless they're the latest fad on here.

>> No.22723702
File: 126 KB, 1199x1078, w.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I eat it

>> No.22723732

>>22723702
You-you what?!

>> No.22723852

>>22723690
Yeah I know what you mean. I categorically split the characters and will frequently mix and match my internal metrics to account for something as close to random variability as I can summon outside of an actual dice roll scenario. If a topic is interesting I will keep reading about it, if an author is good I will probably keep reading them. /Lit/ is still 4chan to a degree, and with all public environments there is still a lingering herd instinct even with anonymity, you also have to take into account who is likely to be on here at any given time so it can be difficult to tailor a post to get the kind of responses you would like to see.