[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 30 KB, 430x430, rabbit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2266085 No.2266085 [Reply] [Original]

something to get lost in the 4chan deluge... sooo i worked for james frey's publicist for a few years and had access to a rough draft of his ''controversial'' jesus novel. it's the ''final testament'' one which seemed to bomb pretty bad. well this book originally peaked my interest because (three years ago) it started as the story of jesus and charlie chaplin reincarnated and romping around manhattan. at least that's what the rough draft was. (the book as it's now sold on amazon is some kind of socio-political self-important garbage.) the draft i originally read however was more of a sleazy pulp novel or something. but as time passed, there was pressure on this guy to finesse the story into something more-- noble i guess, but ''serious'' is a better word. and if you read the one that got printed in the end--- well it's everything that everyone expects it to be. anyone could have written it. (part of the reason i'm glad to be out of publishing is because all the books just seem to be ghostwritten by the groupthink.) recently though, i ran into a friend from that office who said that the rough draft had popped up at a smaller mail-order publisher (???) that had gone out of business now--- but this friend now had a copy of the old rough draft on an SD card. i jumped at the chance to have a copy-- this seems like just the kind of rare oddity that any literary nut enjoys being the gatekeeper of. i read it again, and, while i can't attest to its worth in the scope of american writing--- it's definitely very odd. i can't help leaking it and i wonder if james frey would just be embarassed to have this floating around. i can't resist. the guy had to be on drugs writing this. and i feel like this gives us a window into what kind of books there would be without all the intervention of the big publishing machine. so merry christmas.

http://pastebin.com/JHExf2zh

>> No.2266098
File: 65 KB, 227x219, didntreadlol.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.2266224

Is this a virus or the real deal?

>> No.2266417

I literally typed the whole thing in with my middle fingers.

Lol

>> No.2266431

Someone with good anti-virus software should check if there's something there

>> No.2266437

It's just plain text. The only virus in there is the rancid shit this guy writes.

>> No.2266460

>>2266098
I just saw the pic & it Killed Me LOL!