[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 5 KB, 251x201, download.jpeg-4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22620087 No.22620087 [Reply] [Original]

>just trust me bro

>> No.22620092

Bible? More like Bile.

>> No.22620104

>>22620087

Trust, faith, belief.
Know, think, feel.
Approximate, guess, gamble.
Truth, fact, honesty.
Falsity, wrongness, deception.

This thread doesn't need to exist. But it does because Christians exist and try to convert people into their cult. When asked for proof, they will say anything to justify their absolute lack of proof.

As if it truly was deliberate lies.

>> No.22620105

>>22620087
>>22620092
The discord trannies are raiding this sub again. Eat shit and die, troons

>> No.22620110
File: 55 KB, 906x720, 534758667543.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22620105
>The discord trannies are raiding this sub again. Eat shit and die, troons

>> No.22620120

>>22620110
Is that a selfie, mr. mutt?

>> No.22620124
File: 1.15 MB, 1023x1022, 1656354639515.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22620120
>selfie

>> No.22620130

I will never understand religion. Like it's cool and all. Good for you if you believe in it but I can't bring myself to believe it at all. I struggle to believe it and I'm not going to smash my head open so I can just stop doubting n shit

>> No.22620155

>>22620130

There's really not much to doubt.

If you had NEVER heard about it your entire life, as if religion had simply never existed, but around you, you had family, friends, neighbors, even some rivals or enemies, technology, science, the idea that things exist that you do not know, yet you still know lots, the idea that there are things to do, sports, books, video games, art to create, music to play, all sorts of things that you can do while alive, love to find, and truths to know, then you would already be fulfilled as you are now.

What would you doubt? If in that imperfect, but realistic society, one day, out of nowhere, with no historical backing, no popular religions, but one day, a man appears just as the most average Christian is, and began mocking you for how you live, telling you how bad your life is, how you're such a naughty bad atheist, indulging in only base material desires, how you're so blind, so evil, for not believing him, and he shows you a book: The Bible.

A book out of millions of books that exist, he points to just this ONE book, and tells you to read the entire thing and believe every word, or you'll be punished after you die; something you've never even pondered before, what do you do?

You open the book. It just describes some fantasy mythological creation. It's not exactly that edgy, but edgy enough to be kinda weird. But it's boring. It's bland. Lots of killing, but it's done in a way that adds very little real drama or impact. Just mass death via a flood, and other things like that. All the children in Egypt die all at once over night because of a miracle. Racist ideas of a "chosen people." Jesus is one of those chosen people, and just says mildly wise self-help mumbo-jumbo, but all tainted with the feeling that he's a cult-leader looking for followers. Just a bunch of weird, disjointed stuff that doesn't make sense.

The man holding the book is frantically desperate to get you to believe so he can go on to the next house, because he's just going door to door, selling his religion to anyone who will buy it. He lies, he mocks, he pretends to be their friend, he does anything he can to desperately get them to convert. That's all this guy is after. He deceives you, acting like he cares so nobly about your poor eternal soul. But if you had never even heard of a soul before, yet you lived your life all the same, what meaning would this have?

What exactly would you doubt? This is just a con-artist trying to deceive you obviously. None of this has meaning or truth to it. It's just a desperate attempt to get you to join an ideology. Just ignore it.

>> No.22620164

>>22620155
>wall of text coming after dubious opening line
god isn't sending his best

>> No.22620173

>>22620164
He isn't for God, fool. You retards really don't read.

>> No.22620175

>>22620173
Well dang, that's egg my face now isn't it?

>> No.22620210

>>22620164
>on a /lit/ board can't even read half a page of text
go back

>> No.22620217

>>22620210
>not ignoring walls of text on principle
ngmi
Have fun reading every mentally ill screed spammed here.

>> No.22620233

>>22620164

Well, it was literally a dubious opening line. Yes, literally dubious indeed. So I can't fault you. But in the end, this is /lit/, and no matter the topic, I end up having to cut out words just to get my posts to fit the text-limit. I simply love writing, and I hope you all do too. Read read read, read your friends, your enemies, your rivals, your lovers. Read everything and see from every possible perspective. That's how you can write good characters, good settings, and good plots.