[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 85 KB, 950x580, ferdowsi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22619720 No.22619720 [Reply] [Original]

talk about your native language advantages and disadvantages
i'll go first
>farsi (its called farsi not persian retard)
>adv: same pronouns for everything like men, women, objects, animals... (no woke pronouns bs)
>SOOOOO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL, rich af in literature, poetry, poem, you name it
>objects doesn't have a gender like in fr*nch or dutch (EXCUSE ME SIR BUT XE DOOR IS FEMALE)
>SOOO RICH IN CURSE WORDS THAT YOU NEVER GONNA RUN OUT OF THEM (e.g. عمه ننه, i just insulted ur mom, dad and her sister and even ur grandparents in two words)

>dis. adv: EXTREMELY HARD TO LEARN, like holy shit. even for arabic speaking people which have the same (kinda) script and alphabet
>its not pure, its like a mud-baby whose parents and grandparents and grand grand parents had been raped by every possible race, too many mixed word from many languages added over time
>not so common, but still 80+ million native speakers
>hard to implement in softwares (as font and shit, no ascii support)
>impossible to master, my dad have a PhD in farsi literature and poetry, and still finds it hard to make sense of some shit he reads in books.

>> No.22619731

>english
what more is there to say? it's the best language in the world

>> No.22619740

>>22619731
simple to learn and a bit hard to master
BUT
too much fight on pronouns and name
>they/them xe/xer
mental retardation

>> No.22619745
File: 21 KB, 117x128, 1695886873196982.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22619720
mcfuckingkys

>> No.22619758

>>22619720
English is the best language in the world. There is not a single downside. There are some merits to folk languages across the world but English. The language is flawless and every complaint against it is unmerited

Let's consider a list of common complaints
>SPELLING IS HARD!!!1
This allows you to easily identify ill educated or lazy people. Also ESLs.
>ITS NOT PHONETIC
Again this allows you to identify ill educated people due to incorrectly pronouncing words.
>ITS FULL OF BORROW WORDS/TOO MANY WORDS IN GENERAL
A worldly language with a massive lexicon is only a good thing. Folk languages that feel the need to indigenize alien words (ie Icelandic, Hungarian) just come off as pathetic.
>NONE OF THE RULES ARE ACTUALLY RULES
Allows for superior flexibility. Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

There's a reason English is crushing it out there and gay little languages are going extinct or getting corrupted by English influence.

>> No.22619790

I'm American. I speak American.

>> No.22619798

Portuguese is a beautiful language if you don’t speak like a illiterate monkey with 80iq

>> No.22619809

>>22619798
Quite the contrary, anon, Portuguese is a beautiful language when spoken by illiterate monkeys with 80iq. Yuro Portuguese is ugly and soulless, while Brazilian Portuguese is beautiful and full of SOVL.

>> No.22619816

>>22619720
Persian and Farsi are interchangeable in the English language.
>its not pure
Just use the Persian words then, faggot. For example, instead of saying "salom," say "darood".
Also, there was bigger language shift from Achaemenid Old Persian to Sassanian Middle Persian than there was from Sassanian Middle Persian to Modern Persian.

>> No.22619829
File: 42 KB, 500x417, pbs.twimg.com_profile_images_1184720339_dilb1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22619720
>your wife
>talk about your wife's advantages and disadvantages

This is like those country maps of places you've maybe been to a couple of times and you're supposed to pretend you know enough about them to form an opinion or make HOI4-larp alliances and such. My wife/country/native language is the best because it's mine and I can fully think and express myself in it. I can't properly compare it to anything else, nor would I trust anyone else to do with my or their own.

>> No.22619843

>>22619816
>enter coffee shop
>darood guys!
>HAHAHAHA what do we have here? stfu, even ferdowsi wasnt talking like that.
most of the "pure" words were just invented by retards at APLL, so can't

>>there was bigger language shift from Achaemenid Old Persian to Sassanian Middle Persian than there was from Sassanian Middle Persian to Modern Persian.
how come the 200 years of arabs ruling didn't have a bigger impact?, it literally changed the language script

>> No.22620337 [DELETED] 

>>22619843
>most of the "pure" words were just invented by retards at APLL, so can't
I meant to write "dorood", and it's still commonly used by Dari speakers like Tajiks.
The Pahlavi script was influenced by Arabic during the Sassanian empire.
Arabic, itself, was grammatically weak until improved by Persian linguists like Sibawayh. Arabic script derives from Aramaic.

>> No.22620381

>>22619843
>most of the "pure" words were just invented by retards at APLL, so can't
I meant to write "dorood", and it's still commonly used by Dari speakers like Tajiks.
The Pahlavi script was influenced by Aramaic* during the Sassanian empire.
Arabic, itself, was grammatically weak until improved by Persian linguists like Sibawayh. Arabic script derives from Aramaic.

* Fucking autocorrect