[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 19 KB, 480x640, images (3).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22554815 No.22554815 [Reply] [Original]

I wish I was never born.

My body is am endless chore, which I must address through being embedded within a society of which I hate, in which all manner of authorities and oppressions bear down on me.

And for what? For the chance to strive after an ephemeral taste of happiness only to have it slip as soon as its grasped? And in the context of a temporal body, aging through time, steamrolling towards an inevitable confrontation with my own mortality which renders the whole ordeal meaningless? And at constant risk of contingent harm - the everyday sickness and injury and accidents and diseases that lurk behind every movement.

It is a hellish state with no recourse - not even suicide. To inflict violence upon oneself in order to render one's body inert, as if to approximate the pre-birth ocean of disembodiment, would be nothing but a cruel facsimile - death doesn't erase embodiment, it is merely embodied violence. For all to see and deal with.

My mother will fucking pay for this crime. Plata o plumo.

>> No.22554830
File: 10 KB, 279x445, The Hedonistic Imperative - David Pearce.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Benatar is refuted by A) transhumanism, and B) the fact that antinatalist social engineering is intractable.

https://www.abolitionist.com/anti-natalism.html

>Benatar's policy prescription is untenable. Radical anti-natalism as a recipe for human extinction will fail because any predisposition to share that bias will be weeded out of the population. Radical anti-natalist ethics is self-defeating: there will always be selection pressure against its practitioners. Complications aside, any predisposition not to have children or to adopt is genetically maladaptive. On a personal level, the decision not to bring more suffering into the world and forgo having children is morally admirable. But voluntary childlessness or adoption is not a global solution to the problem of suffering.

>Yet how should rational moral agents behave if - hypothetically - some variant of Benatar's diagnosis as distinct from policy prescription was correct?

>In an era of biotechnology and unnatural selection, an alternative to anti-natalism is the world-wide adoption of genetically preprogrammed well-being. For there needn't be selection pressure against gradients of lifelong adaptive bliss - i.e. a radical recalibration of the hedonic treadmill. The only way to eradicate the biological substrates of unpleasantness - and thereby prevent the harm of Darwinian existence - is not vainly to champion life's eradication, but instead to ensure that sentient life is inherently blissful. More specifically, the impending reproductive revolution of designer babies is likely to witness intense selection pressure against the harmfulness-promoting adaptations that increased the inclusive fitness of our genes in the ancestral environment of adaptation. If we use biotechnology wisely, then gradients of genetically preprogrammed well-being can make all sentient life subjectively rewarding - indeed wonderful beyond the human imagination. So in common with "positive" utilitarians, the "negative" utilitarian would do better to argue for genetically preprogrammed superhappiness.

>> No.22554879

>>22554830
What a bunch of shit. Utopian copian dreams of some techno future in which we live in the happily ever after?? Hahaha

Even if that technology existed (it doesnt) what makes you think human nature would immediately commodify it so only the ultra rich and privileged get access? Ever seen the movie elysium? It would be like that.

We can't even distribute fucking food to starving people, and this idiot thinks the entire world is going to distribute bliss technology? What's the motivation? The rich will give it to their kids, the poor will suffer and starve and work and live as they always have.

>> No.22554985
File: 203 KB, 825x960, hedonistic imperative bingo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22554879
>Even if that technology existed (it doesnt)
Yet

>what makes you think human nature would immediately commodify it so only the ultra rich and privileged get access?
And no one having access to it at all is somehow better?

>Ever seen the movie elysium? It would be like that.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jsEt7zDxRzY

>> No.22554988
File: 670 KB, 1920x960, world population 2100.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22554879
>We can't even distribute fucking food to starving people
>implying ending famines is a good thing

>> No.22554997
File: 536 KB, 1916x1322, automation.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22554879
>the poor will suffer and starve and work and live as they always have.
At that point, what would be the point of keeping the useless eaters alive? AI and automation are on the horizon and the menial labor jobs that the low class people work will be automated away. There's no reason why the elites couldn't just depopulate the impoverished masses, which is something antinatalists should approve of.

>> No.22555061

>>22554815
Is David Benatar still alive? If so I’m convinced this is him or his team spamming these threads. Surely no one can be this mentally ill or this much of a sperg to make the same thread everyday for months on end. If life is that bad and this is what your life has come down to, probably best to neck yourself. Thread isn’t even worth saging because retards will argue anyway and throw fuel on the fire for another 300 post thread. If you are in these threads constantly it’s time to reevaluate your life and time

>> No.22555068

>>22554815
You should sue your parents for giving birth to you without your permission, like that one Indian guy did

>> No.22555083
File: 81 KB, 1024x742, montano waukegan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22555061
Pic related was an antinatalist and unironically necked himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqeN2RRR3xQ
https://vitrifyher.wordpress.com/2019/12/19/antinatalism-in-purgatory/

>I’m an antinatalist. I think it’s unforgivable to bring new people into this world given that there is suffering. The thing is that lately I’ve been thinking and feeling that people aren’t real. This would partially solve the problem of evil. There is just my suffering and everyone else is a simulation designed to spite me. This should cause me to not feel so antinatalist since the breeders are disgusting alien mockeries of a true human being, namely myself. Yet somehow I still feel very antinatalist. When I see children with their parents I am disgusted at the entire concept. They are probably just facets of the simulation and not souls brimming with the inner light of awareness like myself. And yet they still move me enough to cause disgust. I suppose that was the intention of the designer(s), to create something that appeared so real that it was actually disturbing. Dr. Miller says I have some sort of syndrome after finding out about my solipsism. I think he’s an imbecile who deserves to be burned on a stake. But out of my bodhisattva-like compassion I would instead grant him a consciousness and send him to heaven forever.

>Like I’ve said before, it’s plausible to me that this is a punishment. My failure at making friends, then my failure at soccer, then my failure in the stock market, then my failure at university, then my crippling depression. The reason I think it’s a punishment may just be projecting a sense of justice to something that is intrinsically devoid of any anthropomorphic qualities. But it may also be that there really is intelligent design (which I now strongly feel is the case) and the reason this isn’t heaven is because the force behind existence isn’t like me. It’s not the sort of thing that would give heaven to its enemies.

>> No.22555088

>>22555083
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30OlsIZb31Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnnOhZuny_M

>> No.22555287

>>22555083
>My failure at making friends, then my failure at soccer, then my failure in the stock market, then my failure at university, then my crippling depression.
why was this retard gambling with stocks before even going to university

>> No.22555321

It's crazy, I used to think like this before I had sex

>> No.22555334

>>22555287
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STvLOeMHBBw
https://vitrifyher.wordpress.com/2018/02/22/my-all-or-nothing-mind/

>Being Filthy Rich ™ makes things simple. When I was sixteen, before I got into meditation and consequentialism and science, I was into getting rich. I worked and invested on a little eBay flipping business. I haggled over prices with the Chinese through the school’s library computers. I raised thousands of dollars, including money from family members, all to make it grow in the financial markets. I practiced with paper money, using different kinds of technical analysis tools such as the Moving Average Convergence Divergence(MACD for short), the ADX, and Bollinger Bands. I tried it on different regions of the market, and thought I was deriving valuable insights.

>To the contrary, I was little more than gambling. Although, I managed to accumulate over twenty thousand dollars, I quickly lost most of it. In hindsight, I would have probably been comparatively better off by now if I had stuck to fundamental analysis, which is the first thing I had taught myself. But with my prefrontal cortex still developing, and my voracious hunger to break away from the bondage of school, the quick-money allure of day trading was too tempting to avoid.

>> No.22555347

>>22555083
I hate that my thoughts are so rampant among other losers. I’m fucking trapped here.

>> No.22555361

>>22555321
I'm op and I've had about 35 sexual partners

>> No.22555520
File: 153 KB, 377x500, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22554815
Gather around /lit/zens. We have a unique specimen here. OP is the only other human being that knows what it's like to not exist. That's why he compares the pleasure and pain of non-existence with the pleasure and pain of existence. Mortals like us say "I don't know" when questioned about non-existence. We say that it is completely unknown, to the degree that we don't even know whether the labels of pleasure and pain apply to non-existence. But OP (and Pat Ben) are the only 2 humans in history to know.

>> No.22555576

>>22555361
Thank you for telling us that you're an unresposible manwhore.

>t. Happy Engineer, who is married and will pursue getting children in a few years

>> No.22555615
File: 169 KB, 1024x1024, OIG (46).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22554815
Thusly is the power of the DNA molecule, it make sentient beings rip each other to shreds for hundreds of millions of years. Take solace in the fact that your life was inevitable and a blip in the streams of trillions of living things that all suffered and died because Nature willed it

>> No.22555650

>>22554815
skill issue

>> No.22555696

>>22555615
Isn't God great?

>> No.22555700

>>22554815
>My body is am endless chore, which I must address through being embedded within a society of which I hate, in which all manner of authorities and oppressions bear down on me.

This sounds great where do I sign?

t. The dead.

>> No.22555753

>>22555700
Only the dead know peace from this evil.

>> No.22555755

Based murder-suicide on the cards.

>> No.22555943

>>22555083
He looks like huge faggot kind of like OP

>> No.22555961

>>22555083
the biggest problem with antitnatalists is that they're greedy and needy and impatient, no specifically in that order. they think that in order for God to exist he must a magical wish granter that instantly satisfies appetites and that no effort should be a part of obtaining any kind of joy whatsoever, that things should just inherently be 'good" because they don't actually believe in putting effort into obtaining the "good" and want dessert for breakfast. thats why people like this piss me off. this kind of behavior is inherent in a lot of mid-late millenials and generation z in particular. its just tiresome. pure immaturity.

>> No.22555964

>>22554815
Just go kys. I will gladly pump some man juice into your mother so she can try again.

>> No.22556076

>>22554815
>I wish I was never born.
So do I wish you were never born.
Can I have your money and you can just go now? You have a car?

>> No.22556360
File: 40 KB, 662x547, vitrifyher diet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22555961
>they think that in order for God to exist he must a magical wish granter that instantly satisfies appetites
Mario Montano was a Deist. He believed that God existed, but that God wasn't a benevolent magical wish granter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxYbA1pt8LA
https://vitrifyher.wordpress.com/2018/11/22/the-case-for-the-physical-existence-of-god/

>and that no effort should be a part of obtaining any kind of joy whatsoever
Except that he put enormous amounts of effort into his life. He worked out everyday, ate the exact same routine diet, and took cold showers everyday for 5 straight years.

https://vitrifyher.wordpress.com/daily-workout-routine-and-diet/

>> No.22556572

>>22556360
But was he happy? Considering he lead a routine life I’d wager not. And that’s the problem with deists. Not only do they believe that if god can’t grant them happiness they cope by making God distant from humanity like early church fathers like Justin Martyr believed, only minus divine grace.

>> No.22556688

>>22554985
>https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jsEt7zDxRzY
this is EXACTLY what I imagine people like you look like, thanks for the hearty laugh

>> No.22556786

what zero pussy does to a mf

>> No.22557533

>>22554985
Lol that guy seems like an autistic retard dreaming of some heroin state future where he permanently has that retard grin on his face HAHAHAHAH

>> No.22557563

it's a dog eat dog world
survive or die
pussies normally die

>> No.22557671

>>22557563
*Doggy dog world

>> No.22557688

Dissolving Antinatalism.

For the past several years I've found myself taken in by antinatalist ideology. It seems so simple and logical - the human race should go extinct in order to prevent human suffering. I even considered getting into activism to try and push this idea.

But thinking through it a lot more carefully, I have come to the conclusion that it's simply not my problem. The world's suffering is not my responsibility. I didn't cause it. I am not to blame for it. So why should it be on me to fix it? I am a bystander on the world's suffering and have no obligation to prevent or alleviate it.

I still will not have children, because then it really would be *my* problem. Not just for selfish reasons (I now would have a child to look after) but because I would be responsible for producing the condition on which suffering is predicated (human embodiment). But other people's suffering? The suffering of other peoples children? And all the other "problems" of suffering that antinatalists seem to push (veganism, wild animal suffering, sentient AI antinatalism)?

How is any of this my or your responsibility? They are only a problem if you make them *your* problem by assuming reaponsibility towards it. Just as much as you owe me nothing and not obligated at all to relieve or prevent my suffering, it is the same from me to you. Or your potential children. Our obligations and responsibility towards others is self-imposed.

What is our problem is our personal suffering, which has its source in our individual parents decisions to have us (whose motivations were just as individual). But our personal suffering will end when we die, and the conditions for it arising can not occur again - your mother can not grow you in her womb twice. The solution to the suffering arising from our own births is inherent in ourselves - we are orientated towards an inevitable death. And the solution to the suffering of other sentient beings? That's on them to deal with.

>> No.22557740

>>22556360
This guy looks 24.. why should I listen to anything he has to say?

>> No.22559093

>can't kill yourself because it goes against being born to fulfill a job. That which is to individuate