[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 25 KB, 309x414, thomas pynchon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2246567 No.2246567 [Reply] [Original]

This board acts like this board is the most amazing thing written (apart from Infinite Jest trololol), but why is it so good? I semi-like Pynchon, so I may like this, but don't want to buy it unless it's the best damn thing.

>> No.2246569

But, Sunhawk, you have notoriously bad taste.

Even if it was good, you wouldn't know.

>> No.2246570

download it and read a few pages before you buy it

>> No.2246577

>This board acts like this board is the most amazing thing written

accidentally very accurate

>> No.2246582

Snow-Balls have flown their Arcs, starr'd the Sides of Outbuildings, as of Cousings, carried Hats away into the brisk Wind off Delaware,-- the Sleds are brought in and their Runners carefully dried and greased, shoes deposited in the back Hall, a stocking'd-foot Descent made upon the great Kitchen, in a purposeful Dither since Morning, punctuated by the ringing Lids of various Boilers and Stewing-Pots, fragrant with Pie-Spices, peel'd Fruits, Suet, heated Sugar,-- the Children, having all upon the Fly, among rhythmic slaps of Batter and Spoon, coax'd and stolen what they might, proceed, as upon each afternoon all this snowy Advent, to a comfortable Room at the rear of the house, years since given over to their carefree Assaults.

>> No.2246591

>>2246582
Now I'm going to have to go and read the last ten pages or so.

>> No.2246603

>>2246569

If I liked it, would I be an alright poster then? Eh? I want to be an alright poster.

>> No.2246622

>>2246603
You just have no critical reasoning skills. It's why you fail even at job interviews with Waterstone's. Your brain is broken.

>> No.2246624

>>2246567
but sunhawk you're assuming that you would like it if it were the best damn thing

given your track record of notoriously shitty taste, this is not a trivial assumption.