[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.15 MB, 820x823, 1673437185492916.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22338582 No.22338582 [Reply] [Original]

I am writing a philosophical dialogue which I plan on publishing sometime soon, and in it I managed to reason myself into an argument or idea which if the Christian or religious folks got a hold of might serve to only puff up their haughtiness. It is not that I am anti-Christian or anti-religion per se, but one recognizes who argues with the true spirit of inquiry and who argues only to dismantle and remain brittle; never conceding a point in the face of contradiction; never humble enough to admit confusion; never being modest over some little victory. I am not sure I should even humour such people by publishing this. It doesn't even logically follow from what I wrote that the pre-existence of God is inevitable; it might even follow that there is no pre-existent God. I don't know. It might be too dangerous to publish this out into the world. I'm sorry... I just wanted to make a living.

>> No.22338591

>>22338582
The monotheistic “God” hypothesis is a massive nothingburger. It’s only cultural accident that this idea even exists. If you trained a race of super philosophers and scientists, they would not come up with the idea of “god” as it appears in Abrahamic religions even in 10,000 years. If you’re still writing about “god” in the 21st century, you can be safely dismissed as someone who does not reason universally or purely and can’t create any new ideas.