[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 22 KB, 330x468, kafkapicture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2233384 No.2233384 [Reply] [Original]

Whether it be his short stories, novels, etc.

>> No.2233393

Christ sunhawk, I have literally seen you post in hundreds of Kafka threads. Can't you come up with anything new?

>> No.2233405

No, I'm repetitive and stale. Like Kafka.

Seriously, I'm always trying to figure out what people like about him. I still don't understamd what it is.

>> No.2233421

I like his ears. Sunhawk, you're sort of turning into a parody of yourself.

>> No.2233429

>>2233421
Sunhawk has always been a parody of himself, but I do agree with his opinion on Somerset Maugham's self-deprecatory Michael-Cera-As-Old-Timey-Middlebrow-Novelist prefaces

>> No.2233430

i like how kafkaesque he is.

i like the complex allegories he works with. i always get the sense that i know exactly what he means although it's hard for me to spell it out for someone in an explanation. the ideas are there for me but vague enough to be justifiably debatable should someone else have a different idea about it. it's vague in a way to where it can appeal to different people approaching it in different ways.

>> No.2233432

A man is turned into a beetle. So what?

There is no rational answer to this "so what"

if you don't have the answer in you, then how the story fits, how it works and why it's beautiful won't resonate with you

>> No.2233435

>>2233405
Moral ambiguity and open-ended themes in an innovative technique of elongated parable presented in satirical form. This is slightly different from previous forms of satire or allegory: complications of moral ambiguity. Some critics and writers praised this moral ambiguity and saw Kafka's work as a forerunner of absurdism.
That's just what comes to mind at the moment.

>> No.2234399

I love how he's alienated from God/society/the moral center of everything and expounds it. Who does that in such a spiritual way? I love how his prose (at least, in English, the way I get it) is boring yet hilarious, its humor being mostly a manifestation of its absurdity and improbability--combined with the mundane, of course. He takes the things normal people are hopeful about and turns them into fearful, debased things.

>> No.2234438

Not so much for the "DUR HUR LIFE IS ABSURD AND IRRATIONAL AND WE LIVE WITH IT" in The Metamorphosis. Kind of a stale read in my opinion.

However that Oedipal Complex in The Judgement. I also somewhat enjoyed what he was conveying in The Penal Colony. Overall, I'm impressed with how this schizoid could write some of this shit.

>> No.2234450

I like stories about people living in worlds they don't understand. That's what I like about his novels that I've read. As for his short stories I like how he reasons from absurd premises, it's like the saying of yiddish origin "If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle." Kafka is asking "What if my aunt had balls?".

>> No.2234454

>>2234438
>misconstruing the metamorphosis

sure is high school in here.

>> No.2234460

>>2233405
Why are you so autistic? Why can't you let it go, if you don't understand by now there is nothing anyone of us can say to make you understand.