[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 89 KB, 709x827, atlas.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2231390 No.2231390 [Reply] [Original]

So I'm slugging through 'Atlus Shrugged', its tiresome sermonizing, terrible straw-man arguments grating against an otherwise interesting premise and then:
"...he signed his name at the foot of the Statue of Liberty"
*Threw the book down right then and there.

So: Rearden signs away the labour of ten years, any tool against his enemies and any sign of hope from the others holding out with him.

To: Betray |every| principle of the woman he claims to love as a move to protect her against the slander of the people she could not give a fuck about and is actively trying to fight for the sake of hiding a relationship that she wears his wife's bracelet in public to commemorate ?

WHAT.THE.FUCK

>> No.2231409

>So I'm slugging through 'Atlus Shrugged'

Found your problem OP

>> No.2231416
File: 4 KB, 259x194, atlus..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2231409
...because of the typo or the book itself?

>> No.2231419

>>2231416

The latter. Everyone here knows Rand is shit; her books are just troll thread material.

>> No.2231426

>>2231419

I think there's a small but loyal following here on /lit/. Your taste is what smells like shit.

>> No.2231435

>>2231419
This is the first time I'm reading anything by her.

I had thought that the sentiment came from her trumpeting her ideology sloppily in her work, not Twilight-esque complete character reverts (There is literally no reason for him to sign the paper, whether love or logic based).

I'm literally thinking about not reading the rest, and I never quit a book mid-stream.

>> No.2231443

>>2231426
>I think there's a small but loyal following here on /lit/.

Comprised of dedicated trolls, yes.

>Your taste is what smells like shit.

Because I don't like Ayn Rand? That's about all you know about my taste. No need to act all buttravaged.