[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 84 KB, 1050x839, Holy-Bible.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22306208 No.22306208 [Reply] [Original]

>Holy Word of God
>Filled with countless corruptions and errors

I don't know but maybe the Muslims might be right in calling both Hebrew Bibles and the Christian Bibles corrupt.

>> No.22306223

people say things like this but won't offer substantial examples
the most substantial are additions that were already known to the early church, like the extended ending of Mark, or don't interfere with essential doctrine like the Johanine comma
the fact there are scribal errors is mediated by the rich cornucopia of fragmentary documents we have of the texts. More than any other documents of antiquity.
This idea that the bible is "corrupt" is relatively new, and more importantly, uninformed of how textual criticism works.

>> No.22306294 [DELETED] 

Why did you delete the last thread? Are you just going to keep recycling the bait until they get tired of refuting you?

>> No.22306406

>>22306208
>the same cope about "corruptions" and "errors" that never holds up to scrutiny
every time.

>> No.22306411

>>22306223
>don't interfere with essential doctrine
>Johanine comma
What??

>> No.22306417

>>22306411
which aspect of the doctrine of the trinity do you believe hinges on the Johanine comma? I'm only assuming this is what you mean since you only replied "what" instead of using your big boy words.
I'd suggest you google "bible verses person Holy Spirit" and "bible verses Jesus deity" before your reply.

>> No.22306425

>>22306406
Who are you quoting?

>> No.22306446

>>22306417
There is no Bible verse that teaches us to worship the Holy Spirit except the Johannine Comma which is a clear addition

>> No.22306447

>>22306425
the op on his exact words of "corruptions and errors".

in this case i am using greentext to point out his cope.

>> No.22306454

>>22306446
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/The-Spirit-Of-God
just apply deductive reasoning to the majority of these + the verses that validate the distinct personhood of the Spirit like Acts 5:3

>> No.22306459

By "errors" he means buttsex should be legal

>> No.22306463

>>22306454
>Acts 5:3
One can lie to other than God. In fact, you cannot lie to God without him knowing.

>https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/The-Spirit-Of-God
None of these imply that the Spirit is God. You can read all of these with the understanding that the Spirit is an angel.

>> No.22306474
File: 429 KB, 800x2400, xnity2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22306208
XNITY PRIMER
read moar learn moar discern moar
many good bible studies in that pile

>> No.22306480

>>22306474
Many people study theology at college and lose their faith in Christianity. But no harm can come from learning about the Word of God

>> No.22306484

>>22306463
I don't think we find instances of someone being indwelt with a angel the same way we find Joshua or Moses to be "filled with the Spirit" especially adding the proceeding revelation in the NT of Jesus referring to the Spirit as a unique "helper".

>> No.22306488

>>22306480
"theology", most often.
i highly doubt anyone who lost their faith actually went through patristics and mainline theology in honesty.

>> No.22306505

>>22306484
The Jewish understanding of the Spirit has always been 'the Spirit of Prophecy', so too the early Fathers who claim the Spirit inspired the gospels, ie they 'helped' them in prophecy and discerning the Canon. I cannot find anything from the Bible that indicated the Holy Spirit was worshiped in any way, and I think most Christians don't pray to the Holy Spirit while still believing it is God.

It seems to me, Trinitarians held Neoplatonic views and tried to complete the Trinity like in Neoplatonism. So they filled in the blank with the Holy Spirit.

>> No.22306518

>>22306446
Jesus says blaspheming the Holy Spirit is unforgivable so that's pretty big in saying he should be worshiped. The Ascension of Isaiah is second-or-even first century and it's pretty much Trinitarian. Augustine not explicitly mentioning the comma has been (unconvincingly) used as evidence of it being a later addition, but Augustine literally wrote a book-length treatise describing his views on Trinitarian theology. So if the Johannine comma is an interpolation, Trinitarianism became the dominant strain of theology perfectly fine without it.

>> No.22306526

>>22306480
>study theology
all that learning distances people from reality

>> No.22306540

>>22306526
no, the other way around.
knowledge heightens perception.
for a simple example, an uninstructed viewer might not get the nuance of a painting's methods, while an artist might enjoy it even more from understanding all of that.

(this has the clear exception of ideological stances, like most of left-wing "theory", but that's another case; there it's more of indoctrination than knowledge).

>> No.22306545

>>22306518
>blaspheming the Holy Spirit
This means not believing the prophecy given through the Holy Spirit. Did Jesus ever worship the Holy Spirit? No.

The Johannine Comma was added by Trinitarians, first as a commentary, then it was copied as a verse.

>>22306526
Textual criticism of the Bible is what normally makes people doubt

>> No.22306552

>>22306505
>I cannot find anything from the Bible that indicated the Holy Spirit was worshiped in any way
God is Spirit and must be worshiped in spirit

>> No.22306557

>>22306545
>Textual criticism
which is often distorted to the moon, regrettably.

the johannine comma is merely a repetition of facts found elsewhere, though.
Trinitarian theology has been there from the first writings.
Athanasius is a simple example, discussing the Spirit to be of the same substance as the Father and Son, and detailing the Trinity.

>> No.22306621

>>22306552
There is a clear distinction between the Spirit and God in Scripture

>>22306557
>discussing the Spirit to be of the same substance as the Father and Son
But he didn't mention the Holy Spirit

>> No.22306737

>>22306208
"we can proceed by interrogating some famous instances of spontaneous bibliogenesis. If we consider the paradigm case of holy writ, letters and books which are considered to be one and the same substance of God, as the author of the Gospel of John maintains, we might consider the oddity of Hayy ibn Yaqzan, whose name meant “Alive, son of Aware” and whose true story is recounted in the 12th century historian Abujaafar Ibn Tufayl’s Philosophus Autodidactus. As all Muslims know, the Koran was revealed to the prophet Muhammad in the 7th century by the angel Gabriel, but this case is less remarkable than the story of Hayy, who was himself born “spontaneously” into the uninhabited wilderness. (And this is also relevant to us, for here we have a case of a mysterious appearance, a natural complement to a mysterious vanishment)."

"I have related these stories because they illustrate the case of an artifact that enters into the world from the outside, taking different forms at different times, infiltrating the minds of men as by subterfuge. I will now expound a third and more chilling example, which I believe may be most relevant to the incident that concerns us here. "

"A man whose real name has been lost to us, but it may have been Abdullah Zahr-ad-Dihn, was born in Sana’a in Yemen in the eighth century of the Christian era (that century was, for him, the second of the Hegira). <...> Thereafter his story is more well-known; when he emerged from the desert, he called himself by a new name, which has been misrendered as Abdul Alhazred. This is believed to be a perversion by European scholars in the thirteenth or fourteenth century. “Abdul Alhazred” is not a grammatically or theophorically correct Islamic name; the “al” in Alhazred is redundant to the name Abdul, and Hazred or Hazrad is not among the 99 names of God. A passage in Alfarabi explains the etymology of his true name; Abul Hazrad is derived from zarada, to devour.

What possessed Abdullah Zahr-ad-Dihn to become “the servant of the devourer?” We may consider that the Rûb-al-Khâlie or “empty space” of the Arabian desert is held to be inhabited by the Jnun, the female Djinn, who are spirits of madness and death. In Farsi, the word Jnun also means delirium, maddening love, or especially: terminal madness resulting from the love of a woman. Despite this, Jnun is not compatible with the western definition of madness. A perfect translation eludes us, but its hallmarks are possession, love, and limitless openness to the outside.
When he emerged from the desert, he transcribed the cacophonous droning of the sands into a blasphemous and impious text he called Kitab Al Azif, a term that refers to the nocturnal sounds of insects, and which connotes the screeching and howling of demons. Later, Theodorus Philetas of Constantinople would secretly translate the Azif into Greek under the title Necronomicon,"

>> No.22307089
File: 28 KB, 300x100, 170.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22306208
>>22306223
>people say things like this but won't offer substantial examples
They can't, all they do is parrot mantras.
>>22306406
>every time.
Yep.

And if you make a thread they can't refute or debate you, they just cry to mods and have it deleted because they lose every debate.

>>/lit/thread/22302386

Atheists are cry baby losers who can't debate so they cry to mods. All they do is lie and and when you call them out they cry to mods to have your thread deleted.

>> No.22307130
File: 11 KB, 299x445, Skeptic&#039;s Annotated Bible.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22306223
There was an entire Bible written highlighting all of the corruptions and errors.

>> No.22307148

>>22307130
Yet atheists and antichrists can't express any of them themselves. They just make these statements but can't prove anything contradicts the Word of God.

The "best" you get from any of them is they read something that God did in the Bible then they ask "how did this happen by purely naturalistic means", which shows one of the major flaws with atheist thinking is that they can't even conceptualize the idea of an eternal God. Or you get some idiotic nonsense about different authors not recording the exact same details they thought were important in the accounts of the gospel. It's like they expect them to plagiarize each other, as if every account of the gospel needs a genealogy back to Adam. And most of the time, they're not even using the Bible but some modernize/catholic/jesuit perversion of it. Or they think their fairy tale creation myth of molecules-to-man evolution prove it wrong Or they think their big bang spontaneous generation fairy tale prove it wrong.

>> No.22307155

>>22306208
They all are.
>Nietzche, The Antichrist ; 44.

>> No.22307825

>>22306621
in what sense is there a distinction when it says God is Spirit

>> No.22307896

>>22307089
That thread towards the end was just OP debating me on evolution—I’m a theist, just not a complete literalist like him.

Just read this: “ >How exactly? People who get detrimental mutations will simply have fewer children than those who don’t.
Keep thinking, anon, I know you can do it. What happens to their offspring? and their offspring? and their offspring? If everyone's more mutant than the last generation, what happens in the end?”

He struggles to comprehend that individuals with detrimental mutations will simply be outcompeted by those without them. We have entered “I’m infertile because my parents were” territory.

>> No.22308914

>>22306208
>>22306223
>ahktually contradictions and differences in text means it is more likely to be divinely inspired

>> No.22308919

>>22308914
No, but comparing the textual variances helps us piece together how it originally was written, which increases its accuracy
that goes for any ancient historical text

>> No.22308951

>>22306518
Holy cope

>> No.22309676

>>22307130
That website is very useful

>> No.22309744

>>22307148
The problem with what you're saying is that this reasoning can be applied to every religious text or tradition. Do you have a way to prove that the Shinto creation myth is wrong? Or the Hindu one? What about the Aztec religions? The only way you have to contradict such theories is to base it on the observation of the world around you and how it behaves. The molecule-to-man fairytale, as you call it, is based on observations of reality that anyone can reproduce, and it still remains a theory, not a dogma. However, this theory is the one that allow us to treat diseases and have infinitely lower mortality rates than in the past, proving that these investigations really work and have an objective outcome

>> No.22309751
File: 167 KB, 1130x863, 1690164361361689.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22307089
>all they do is parrot mantras
>5th time I've seen this image attached to a post today

Uh huh...

>> No.22310929

>>22306505
Accurate

>> No.22310950
File: 266 KB, 890x1080, yahweh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22306223
Here's your error you Christcuck fucking retard.

>God is Love

1 John 4:8
The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

>What is Love?

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind, it is not jealous; love does not brag, it is not arrogant. It does not act disgracefully, it does not seek its own benefit; it is not provoked, does not keep an account of a wrong suffered, it does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; it keeps every confidence, it believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

>God is Not Love

>Love is kind
Psalm 137:9 How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your infants against the cliff.

>Love is not jealous
Exodus 20:5 I, Yahweh your God, am a jealous God

>Love does not brag
Isaiah 44:7 ‘I am the first, and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me. Who is like Me?

>Love does not seek its own benefit
Isaiah 43:7 Everyone who is called by My name, and whom I have created for My glory

>Love is not provoked
Deuteronomy 9:7 Remember, do not forget how you provoked Yahweh your God to wrath in the wilderness

>Love does not keep an account of wrong suffered
Revelation 20:12 And the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

>Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness
Isaiah 45:7 I form light and I create darkness; I make peace and I create evil; I am Yahweh; I do all these things.

Now eat shit, Science will take it from here.

>> No.22311060

>>22306208
>corrupt
that's literally what religion is, of course they're all corrupt.

>> No.22311174

>>22310950
obviously organized religion is full of plot holes, as it's a tool for controlling the masses, not communicating truths, but just to shitpost:
>Psalm 137:9
Obviously doesn't establish that god isn't kind, because that example could be defined as kind in a number of different contexts.
>Exodus 20:5
Yeah, this does directly contradict the "love is kind" statement in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
>Isaiah 44:7
Stating facts is not bragging
Isaiah 43:7
Glory != Benefit, so this isn't even related
>Deuteronomy 9:7
(lol isn't this the book that contradicts like, every other book in the bible? The shitter non-canon stuff?) It does use the word ""provoke"" to be sure, but "righteous punishment for breaking universal laws" isn't provocation. That's talking about anger, not cause and effect.
>Revelation 20:12
Got 'em. This absolutely is "keeping an account of wrong suffered", but fathfags would probably just lean on "righteous rules that are inherent to the universe, and thus things you cannot do" being different from "wrong suffered". You're not "wronging God" you're just "Breaking the Universal Law and thus must be punished".
>Isaiah 45:7
Just stating what he does, not whether or not he rejoices in it. Again, this is a weak weak citation.

>> No.22311196

>>22309744
>Do you have a way to prove that the Shinto creation myth is wrong? Or the Hindu one? What about the Aztec religions?
You do realize the Bible can be read metaphorically, right? All myths, properly made and constructed, illuminate the collective un- and conscious that we build on top of as we age. I am massively confused as
>>22311174
>obviously organized religion is full of plot holes,
This is basically what pride looks like. Imagine if I said "Organized housing is obviously robery." And then you lived in a self-constructed log cabbin in the middle of nowhere which is fine but the second you have a second person you have now an organized community. The hatred of "organized" religion is just pretending that an individual is not organized but in a collective is organized. Also, there are many priests who do not have bank accounts nor property.

>> No.22311203

>>22311060
What is your religion? How is it not corrupt?

>> No.22311205
File: 221 KB, 1080x1050, state of lit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.22311598

>>22311203
raised catholic, and they are corrupt. I was engaged by it as a child, but once I was old enough to critically think about things, I obviously grew out of it.

>> No.22311630

>>22311196
>This is basically what pride looks like.
what do you mean by this?
>The hatred of "organized" religion is just pretending that an individual is not organized
The hatred of organized religion is because it's not based on real things. People will say "b-b-but religion encourages you to be nice, and that's good and justifies its existence!". The demonstrative scenario I like to give is:
Imagine your dad raised you to believe that ceiling lights were powered by little gnomes in your ceiling. A light burns out one day and you say "Hey Dad, why did the gnomes stop illuminating this one light?" and he says "Well they get bored with light bulbs sometimes, so you just buy them a new one". You do this, replacing the burnt bulb, and now the light works again! Great! The gnomes are appeased! This works for a long time, and on you live comfortably appeasing the gnomes with new bulbs. One day though, a light stops working because of a corroded electrical wire. You replace the bulb and it doesn't start working again. Confused about why the gnomes are so unhappy, you try playing them music, or giving them a different type of bulb. Nothing works and eventually the house burns down due to an electrical fire started by the corroded wiring.

Moral is: It's important to understand the true reason behind why things actually happen. Old guesses, or beliefs, may occasionally, -accidentally-, get you to take a Good Action but if they're founded on untrue beliefs, then all that good is happenstance. Religions have given people a few good moral tools (and dozens more bad ones...) but have done so by sincerely believing in fairytales, which will inevitably stop working because that's not how the universe really works. Free yourself, if not for your own good, then for the good of your children (and their children, and so on).

Have a good day, my dude.

>> No.22312456
File: 272 KB, 822x1857, bc745f31e.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22306446
See this chart. The Spirit of God is found throughout the Bible as God, starting in Genesis 1:2 where it says, "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

And in Job 33:4 for example, it says, "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life."

Psalm 139:7-8
Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Psalm 104:30
Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

>> No.22312458

>>22306223
>the most substantial are additions that were already known to the early church, like the extended ending of Mark, or don't interfere with essential doctrine like the Johanine comma
Those aren't additions, they were found in the originals.
>the fact there are scribal errors
Do you have any actual examples of such errors?
>This idea that the bible is "corrupt" is relatively new, and more importantly, uninformed of how textual criticism works.
Well, the versions that people make outside of the received text have been corrupted, but the process of some people in the world corrupting and warping God's word has been going on since the beginning. People like Marcion made corruptions of large parts of the New Testament, for example, taking the Gospel of Luke and corrupting it significantly. Paul warned against that activity in 2 Corinthians 2:17 (KJV).

>> No.22312481
File: 4 KB, 168x250, 1661488424687854.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22306505
>The Jewish understanding of the Spirit has always been...
You're listening to a gnostic group of talmudists from the middle ages, not actual Old Testament Israel. The fact you're even allowing yourself to be subverted by such illegitimate groups seems to reflect the fact you haven't looked into these things too much.

>I think most Christians don't pray to the Holy Spirit while still believing it is God.
What about what it says in John then?

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
- John 14:16-17

"As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away."
- Acts 13:2-3

>> No.22312526

>>22311630
>The hatred of organized religion is because it's not based on real things.
It is, though. And that's the whole point.

>People will say "b-b-but religion encourages you to be nice, and that's good and justifies its existence!"
No it doesn't. Nothing other than relentless pursuit of the truth is worth it.

"For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable."
- 1 Corinthians 15:16-19

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."
- 2 Thess. 2:10-12

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
- Hebrews 11:6

Amen.

>> No.22312677

>>22311205
Two threads about books and religion in a literature board. Big deal

>> No.22312679

>>22312456
Muslims have similar verses yet none claim that their book encourages the worship of the spirit. If anything it makes more sense to read these verses from the islamic view as a spirit being a special angel

>> No.22312681

>>22306208
>Holy Word of God
>written by humans

>> No.22312688

>>22312679
They probably didn't copy this verse:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
(Matt. 28:19-20)

>If anything it makes more sense to read these verses from the islamic view as a spirit being a special angel
To a lost person, things that are false make more sense to them than things that are true.

"There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."
- Proverbs 16:25

>> No.22312699

>>22312677
There is also the "This has genuinely never been refuted" thread and the shitpost about Origin of Species. People need to take this shit to /his/ where it belongs...

>> No.22312716
File: 1.44 MB, 292x292, 1667128235736655.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22310950
Lmfao, all you can do vomit out bible verses exactly like the retarded Christians you hate. Care to elaborate on any of them, or are you afraid you'll reveal how ignorant you really are?

>> No.22312737

>>22312699
It belongs on /lit

>>22312688
It seems Proverbs 16:25 fits the trinity, or literally any concept ever.
Besides, how does baptism in the holy spirit imoly it is to be worshipped alongside the father rather than uttered in baptism after the father.

>> No.22312757

>>22307148

You are constructing a strawman, but one that demonstrates the futility of these arguments - not only is that -not- what all people who attack religion do, but when this does happen, it is just talking past one another and masturbatory. Just based on how you wrote this, I cannot fathom there would be anything that you cannot do apologetics for or that you'd take issue with. You've already constructed a world wherein all possible "issues" of faith can be removed by connection to elements you don't like or that just "work for you. I'll say there is 0 point in debating religion, but there is very much 0 point in discussing the matter with someone like you. The die is cast.The more interesting line of discussion in faith is philosophical - do we read this literally, do we not, what do we take from this. Religion either works for your brain or it does not; this stupid circular debates you should have dropped in middle school astound me that they still occur. Also, the weird conspiratorial hatred of the Catholic church is also always insanely funny, and I love that this is becoming more and more of a stupid talking point.

>> No.22312779

>>22312737
See the examples in >>22312456

>> No.22313369
File: 35 KB, 800x450, artificialsoytelligence.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22310950
>Now eat shit, Science will take it from here.

>> No.22313518

>>22312716
Wait, no shot you read all that and you couldn't comprehend what he was saying? That's... actually kind of sad, damn

>> No.22313540

>>22306223
There are two contradictory genealogies of Jesus in different gospels.

>> No.22314142
File: 775 KB, 640x960, df9mdv6v0bqa1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

For the past decade I've been gradually moving away from Catholicism. However I still think the New Testament is mostly right, and I still believe that there's a God (although I don't think he's the same god from Genesis). All of my favorite people were Catholic; Chesterton, Scotus, Hopkins, Tolkien, etc. I'm leaving this faith with a heavy heart, and I'm not sure how to think about my beliefs anymore because so much of it is grounded in Catholicism. I feel that Klages, Goethe, and the other more 'pagan' Romanticists had the right idea, but all the same it just feels so flimsy compared to the grand Tradition of the Church.

>> No.22314158

>>22314142
Pope francis is a G. Met with Sistani too which is very interesting.

>> No.22314166

test

>> No.22314306

>>22312526
>It is, though
It's really not, though, and that's the whole problem. People make up whatever they want and claim """god""" totally said it! Which they can do, because god isn't real.

>> No.22314372

>>22310950
Pretty sure that God is loving, but if you reject God then you will not benefit from any aspect of his love.

So, you can accept his sacrifice for you and he won't keep an account of your sins, he won't hate you, and he will accept you into his kingdom forever.

But, if you reject him then you don't get to benefit from any aspect of love. And that's on you, not Him.

>Love does not brag
> Isaiah 44:7 ‘I am the first, and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me. Who is like Me?

It ain't braggin' if it's true.

>> No.22314570
File: 1.18 MB, 3600x2400, 1668118884645883.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22314372
And so somebody else comes along and elaborates on the verses for him, so the lazy, ignorant fuck doesn't have to do it himself. What the fuck is wrong with you people? Why do you always just play along with this bullshit? You're not convincing anyone of anything, you're just doing their work for them so they can find some other retarded way of attacking your faith, because they're too god damn lazy to actually read the books they spend all day whining about online.

>> No.22315520

>>22314570
I was thinking of that when I made that post. Honestly, I think this is more of an excercise for myself than an honest attempt to change anyone's mind (I mean, this is 4chan, after all).

Reading patronizing comments and bad-faith arguments sometimes gets me to think about things that I might not have considered before. I suppose my response is just a thought exercise.

Still, if it helps anyone else, that's great too.

>> No.22315529

>>22308951
"cope" is just what midwits say when they lose the argument

>> No.22315536

>>22314142
If you're leaving Catholicism it's probably either because of will or because of intellect. You sound like you like the Church's intellect but you just don't want to commit or believe.

>> No.22315539 [SPOILER] 

>>22306208
This just seems like a butthurt response to the quran is repetitive thread which dunked on muslims.

Spoiler: all three religions are complete bullshit

>> No.22315569

>>22306208
If its corrupt then the muslim literature is even worse considering its based off poor ly remembered stories of the tanakh and the bible, gets countless details wrong like jesus mother miriam and the moon being split on two, countless spelling mistakes, contradicting its own values (god places a veil over the hearts of disbelievers and sends them to hell meaning the choice of belief was never there) and being wrong about about scientific facts.

Muslims cant also ever prove they are corrupt as technically if they read the books they are commiting shirk thus being a corrupting influence and so can be killed under their own religious rules.

>> No.22315604

>>22306208
Muslim hands typed this post

>> No.22315702
File: 156 KB, 962x667, 4F7ED12B00000578-6110295-Astronomers_have_captured_the_sharpest_image_yet_of_a_monster_ga-m-24_1535559584947.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22315569
>based off poor ly remembered stories
the quran explicitly states that it rectifies and corrects the stories of the bible. Whereas Christian Scripture quotes the Book of Enoch where fallen angels mate with humans

>jesus mother miriam
Can easily be explained by Mary being a descendant of Aaron

>the moon being split on two
Are the miracles of Moses and Jesus also "errors"?

>countless spelling mistakes
Do you even know arabic?

>god places a veil over the hearts of disbelievers and sends them to hell meaning the choice of belief was never there
God explicitly states that their hearts were hardened for their transgressions and prior rejection of the religion

>being wrong about about scientific facts.
the very basis of the scientific method is to assume we are always wrong, and as evidence develops, our scientific views might change. to proudly proclaim "our current scientific paradigm is the only truth" and reject every other view is unscientific

>if they read the books they are commiting shirk
what are you talking about??

>> No.22315718

>>22312481
>And I will pray the Father
God prays to Himself

>he shall give you another Comforter
God gives them God, who apparently wasn't with them before

>> No.22315756
File: 156 KB, 493x225, Screenshot 2023-02-02 183531.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22314142
You can still call yourself a catholic if you're a lapsed catholic, it's one of the cool things about being catholic.
I genuinely believe the only way christianity can continue is by outright rejecting evangelism and becoming more like an ethnic religion. Evangelism always leads to cult like dogma and thought-termination and you end up with weird fringe shit like non-denominational churches in the US, African magic nonsense and Korean whatever-the-fucks; all of these institutions do more harm than good to the idea of christianity and the further legitimate churches (Orthodox, Coptic, Roman Catholic) can distance themselves from that the better.

>> No.22316036
File: 1.41 MB, 400x352, 16901590395365422.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22310950
>Science will take it from here
You just had to throw that in didn't you

>> No.22316715

>>22312716
What should he elaborate on? He was quite clear

>> No.22318084

>>22306208
Different from the Vedas and the Quran, the Bible was written by various people.

>> No.22318179

Holy boredom, you mean. From Numbers 33:
[5]: And the children of Israel removed from Rameses, and pitched in Succoth.
[6]: And they departed from Succoth, and pitched in Etham, which is in the edge of the wilderness.
[7]: And they removed from Etham, and turned again unto Pi-hahiroth, which is before Baal-zephon: and they pitched before Migdol.
[8]: And they departed from before Pi-hahiroth, and passed through the midst of the sea into the wilderness, and went three days' journey in the wilderness of Etham, and pitched in Marah.
[9]: And they removed from Marah, and came unto Elim: and in Elim were twelve fountains of water, and threescore and ten palm trees; and they pitched there.
[10]: And they removed from Elim, and encamped by the Red sea.
[11]: And they removed from the Red sea, and encamped in the wilderness of Sin.
[12]: And they took their journey out of the wilderness of Sin, and encamped in Dophkah.
[13]: And they departed from Dophkah, and encamped in Alush.
[14]: And they removed from Alush, and encamped at Rephidim, where was no water for the people to drink.
[15]: And they departed from Rephidim, and pitched in the wilderness of Sinai.
[16]: And they removed from the desert of Sinai, and pitched at Kibroth-hattaavah.
[17]: And they departed from Kibroth-hattaavah, and encamped at Hazeroth.
[18]: And they departed from Hazeroth, and pitched in Rithmah.
[19]: And they departed from Rithmah, and pitched at Rimmon-parez.
[20]: And they departed from Rimmon-parez, and pitched in Libnah.
[21]: And they removed from Libnah, and pitched at Rissah.
[22]: And they journeyed from Rissah, and pitched in Kehelathah.
[23]: And they went from Kehelathah, and pitched in mount Shapher.
[24]: And they removed from mount Shapher, and encamped in Haradah.
[25]: And they removed from Haradah, and pitched in Makheloth.
[26]: And they removed from Makheloth, and encamped at Tahath.
[27]: And they departed from Tahath, and pitched at Tarah.
[28]: And they removed from Tarah, and pitched in Mithcah.
[29]: And they went from Mithcah, and pitched in Hashmonah.
[30]: And they departed from Hashmonah, and encamped at Moseroth.
[31]: And they departed from Moseroth, and pitched in Bene-jaakan.
[32]: And they removed from Bene-jaakan, and encamped at Hor-hagidgad.
[33]: And they went from Hor-hagidgad, and pitched in Jotbathah.
[34]: And they removed from Jotbathah, and encamped at Ebronah.
[35]: And they departed from Ebronah, and encamped at Ezion-gaber.
[36]: And they removed from Ezion-gaber, and pitched in the wilderness of Zin, which is Kadesh.

>> No.22318183
File: 2.44 MB, 1696x6224, islam-pwned-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.22318188
File: 2.37 MB, 1336x6290, islam-pwned-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22318183

>> No.22319137
File: 70 KB, 1280x720, pigeon-god.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Invisible-sky-daddy religions lose again.
Seriously, I can't fathom how people in this day and age still fall for this crap.
It really makes me lose faith in the human race.