[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 96 KB, 785x442, agents.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22286921 No.22286921 [Reply] [Original]

Literally every literary agent I submit my Scifi manuscript to, says they are looking for work by and featuring "BIPOC, Gay or transgender or female voices, voices from the disability community, and that preference for work to be represented must come from those categories."

I don't have a problem with diversity, I'm a progressive, but this shit is insane, everything has to be and is favored if your manuscript represents tiny minority groups. I fear for the fact that my two main characters are white, and one happens to be a white male, and that they may find me to be a racist simply because I happened to picture them that way.

Has anyone else encountered this in trying to get published? Not to mention the insane pickiness these agents have when evaluating work.

>> No.22286924

>>22286921
I should correct it by saying they are looking for marginalized group characters, as well as marginalized group authors*

>> No.22286930
File: 342 KB, 1200x1600, aha.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22286921
try mailing a physical submission alongside some sort of pipe bomb maybe
thats the only idea i have, sorry.
best of luck

>> No.22287060

>>22286930
Not helpful

>>22286921
It's unfortunately the way the industry is nowadays

>> No.22287092

>>22286921
Genre panders to the current trends, it is largely about making a quick buck because 99% of it is going to be quickly forgotten and the only way to make money on it is to follow the fads and give the market what the market is buying. The price you pay for being a genrefag, If you must stick to genre the best you can do is let market forces determine your genre or wait for the market to change.

Things were pretty easy for me as a lit fiction fag, I just submitted stories to journals and got an agent after getting a few short stories published, did not even know about agents back then. Wasn't a very good agent in retrospect but still helped me progress and find an agent more suited to me and my writing.

>> No.22287093

>>22287060
>not helpful
you're asking for literary advice on a mongolian anime imageboard where every thread gets derailed by double-chinned greaseballs screeching about jews, what did you expect?
>preference for work to be represented
but here's some real advice. it's just that, a preference. submit anyway. just keep submitting to different agents. you only have to get lucky once. on the other hand, they could be rejecting your manuscript because it's not very good. but it's easier to tell yourself it's because you're a white man rather than admit that the writing isn't as good as it could be. are you sure the manuscript's up to snuff? do you have a publication record in sci-fi lit mags? if you don't, it might be a good idea to write some short stories and get those in print first. once you have a few under your belt, then tinker with your manuscript some and send it back out there. agents get literally thousands of manuscripts and they discard most of them without reading because the vast majority of them suck ass. if you're able to lead with "my sci-fi's been published in SpaceBalls Quarterly and Martian Rocket Cock Extravaganza" that lets them know they're not wasting their time by reading your manuscript as someone else has already gone through the trouble to check you can write.

but also, grow up and stop writing scifi.

>> No.22287103

>>22287060
Oh but it is. These antisocial subhumans won’t get the memo until literally all of them are dead. They can’t be reasoned with as they are mentally children.

>> No.22287105

>>22287093
>>22287060
>grow up and stop writing scifi
there's nothing wrong with writing genre
scifi is really overplayed though. i'd suggest writing it for fun but playing around with different genres to cast a wider net.
anyways OP is just looking for verification that he's a le epic writer and it's really the industry that's against him, which is why I made the pipe bomb joke to begin with
later we can make out if you want though
either of you. i'm not picky.

>> No.22287109
File: 128 KB, 354x291, coffee apu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287105
>there's nothing wrong with writing genre
it's wrong to me, anon
>OP is just looking for verification that he's a le epic writer and it's really the industry that's against him
many such cases

>> No.22287112

>>22286921
use a gay bipoc pseudonym. generate a fake social media presence full of gay bipoc activity using AI.

>> No.22287115

>>22287109
you're a frogposter so luckily your opinion doesn't have much weight
*kisses you gently on the lips*

>> No.22287116

Try imperium press, maybe antelope hill
idk I'm kinda retarded.

>> No.22287124
File: 86 KB, 345x279, apu happy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287115
>*kisses you gently on the lips*
yay *kisses back*

>> No.22287136

Just say you're black and autistic.

>> No.22287137

>>22287105
I don't think I'm the next Isaac Asimov. I had two agents request the full manuscript out of 40 queries who said my novel had "great elements and characterization, but they didn't feel right to represent it".

My point is, is the industry has become woke as fuck, and I say that as a proud liberal.

>> No.22287141

>>22287109
>>22287093
He's got a better chance getting genre published than litfic. Not a good chance, buy better.

t. tries to publish litfic

>> No.22287143

>>22287141
My novel is YA Scifi. I'm a big fan of that genre so yeah.

>> No.22287147

>>22286921
>I don't have a problem with diversity, I'm a progressive
make your bed, lay in it
faggot

>> No.22287155

>>22287141
yeah, that's true. bar's lower. especially for ya scifi. (sorry OP but it is and you know it.)
>>22287136
I mean this is an option if you're desperate. to make the money right you'd have to do it through a lawyer though, they'd figure you out once they requested a way to pay you for publication rights

>> No.22287159

>>22286921
>I'm a progressive
then enjoy your fruits

>> No.22287179
File: 74 KB, 800x677, immigrant population.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287147
>>22287159
how this make you feel whitebois

>> No.22287181

>>22287137
alright excluding politics or whatever thats just the way the wind blows sometimes
but if you've written a novel you're further than most of the monkeys on this board, so more power to you. hopefully you get published in the end
but be prepared to look both ways if you keep getting rejected. maybe there is something you overlooked, or maybe that project just isn't meant for the world at this time.
maybe not though
who knows?
just keep writing and all that jazz you already know or whatever

>> No.22287182

>>22287092
>>22287093
How much do published short stories help with agents? Is it easier to get shorts published than novels? How many $3 magazine submission fees did you have to pay before getting accepted somewhere?

t. Litficfag who doesn't think his shorts are that good

>> No.22287192

>>22287155
Well no shit you do it through some type of lawyer. If Pynchon could go for years not being photographed then you should be able to never been seen as well.

>> No.22287200

>>22287179
Nothing can be done unless we have a new age of reason. Won't happen with how much people are addicted to social media and television/movies. No one has the attention span to understand what deep problems the nation has. White people deserve to lose their great nation by not promoting education and letting the average man become addicted to trivialities.

>> No.22287213

>>22287182
Probably at least a few dozen, many of the journals have a free period on submissions or waive the fee for the first x number of submissions so you can save some money if you are watch the submission windows. Agents in litfic want a publishing history or a prize win or two or three almost as a rule, few get them without something in their publishing history. It is far easier to get short stories published than novels, short stories you have loads of options for open submissions, for novels you pretty much need an agent.

>> No.22287214

>>22287182
short stories help tons. a friend had an agent reach out to her after she published a short story in a litmag. in my friend's bio, you know, the one they make you write when you submit the story, she mentioned that she was working on a novel or something and the agent emailed her about it. it's much, much easier to get short stories published than novels. don't get me wrong it's still hard but litfic novels are way harder. there's a lot of magazines that don't charge submission fees. check out newpages for places to submit to, but don't be that guy who doesn't read anything from the journal they're submitting to and sends their 40 page long odyssey into the mind of an onanistic schizo assassin to Smiling Kittens Quarterly who mainly publishes stories about marital strife. don't be that guy. read the fucking magazine before you submit to it.
>how many did you pay
I've only been published in mags that don't require submission fees. the downside of this is that these mags don't pay, but shit man we're writing literary fiction, if we wanted to chase money we picked the wrong love. I typically send out a story to like five places at once if they allow simultaneous submissions. if they don't you can still submit to other places but if you get published in Journal A and have to tell Journal B (that doesn't allow simul) that you're pulling the piece bc publication elsewhere, Journal B won't look at any of your subsequent work for a long while. just a little etiquette thing to be aware of

>> No.22287246
File: 78 KB, 850x400, nixon-quote1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287093
>where every thread gets derailed by double-chinned greaseballs screeching about jews
couldn't find my Ezra Pound quote so this one will have to do, nigger

>> No.22287254

>>22287179
like moving back to Europe oh wait shitskins ruined them too

>> No.22287256

>>22286921
self publishing options exist
do that get some sales

>> No.22287276

>>22286921
I think we're beginning to see a shift back to normal. Too many people are going woke and going broke. It's unsustainable.
>>22287256
You should really only self publish if you have guaranteed sales. Self publishing and then getting zero sales will be a bigger deterrent to agents and publishers than you can imagine.

>> No.22287277

>>22287254
the first world will inhale a hundred trillion migrants and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. cope harder

>> No.22287290

>>22287277
I know! I'll vote!

>> No.22287306

>>22287179
You probably don't even know how to read that graph lmao

>> No.22287307

>>22287276
I was thinking of trying small independent presses, they request full manuscripts and don't entirely dismiss you based on shit

>> No.22287314

>>22286921
>I don't have a problem with diversity, I'm a progressive, but this shit is insane
No refunds.

>> No.22287352

>>22286921
"I just need one chance!!!!" is weak tier cope imo, more honorable to cope with "I'm unappreciated in my time" comboed with making your own zine and distributing it irl

>> No.22287372

Rejection doesn't sting so bad when you think to yourself, "they didn't even read my manuscript."

>> No.22287467

>>22287214
good advice, thanks

>> No.22287499

>>22287214
Where do you look for litmags?

>> No.22287586

>>22286921
That's why everyone gets closer to favouring white nationalism everyday, the extreme right have been telling you this would happen for 100 years or more, you retard.

>> No.22287603

>>22287276
>Too many people are going woke and going broke.
That doesn't matter, this whole anti-white garbage ultimately comes from the people who have unlimited money/power to spend on social engineering. You actually think these enforced social changes are grassroots? A bunch of screeching sjw retards got to the top of every corporation and convinced the investors that their laughably juvenile leftard social justice worldview was gonna make money when all reason and data indicate the contrary?

>> No.22287609 [DELETED] 

>>22287179
It's funny that you think your worthless, stinky shitskin family will be able to maintain a decent quality of life once whites become a minority. That's why your "countries" are such toilets in the first place and your faggot immigrant parents ran away to a white country.

>> No.22287620

>>22286921
>Change all characters to niggers and spics
>change pen name to Tyrone Jackson
>...
>profit

Its easy. Stop being an idiot and exploit retarded trends.

>> No.22287645

>>22287620
Change the name to U'bungu d'Inighres or something epic, make him a non-binary trans-identifying mentally disabled Cape Verdian

>> No.22287673

>>22287277
So you admit that democracy has failed? Because the overwhelming majority of Whites/Westerners want to severely limit immigration, according to all data, yet no politician anywhere will stop it, they just speak to the issue to get elected then continue the anti-white program enforced by the financial elites who want to rule over a low-IQ, cultureless mutt slave megaclass. You are essentially admitting that the ethnonationalist/pro-white cause is correct, you're just gloating over it because you're a butthurt anti-white poo-person.

>> No.22287682

>>22287673
desu he's probably just trying to make you mad but yes, you're 100% correct

>> No.22287684

>>22287136
Almost no such creature has both of those characteristics

>> No.22287686

>>22287673
Democracy would fail if you severely limited immigration (so would the economy), it goes against the spirit of democracy. If people voted to stop democracy that is not democracy working, but falling apart. It is a constitutional democracy, not mob rule.

>> No.22287690

>>22287686
>immigration goes against the spirit of democracy
retard

>> No.22287697

>>22287277
>the first world
can you give an example of a single first world country? I can think of several dystopias, a rape capital of the world, several war zones where there are grenade attacks every week, but I can't think of any "first world" countries.

>> No.22287702

>>22287690
>No argument

>> No.22287704

>>22286921
Fake and gay post m8

>> No.22287718

>>22287686
>it goes against the spirit of democracy.
only if you falsley assume all people are of equal merit (they are not)

>> No.22287719

>>22287704
DAW / Penguin:
>To this end, DAW is actively seeking new works of science fiction and fantasy written by and/or featuring people of color, Native people, disabled people, neurodiverse people, LGBTQIA+ people, and those from other underrepresented or marginalized communities.
Triada US:
>ALWAYS seeking: diversity. Race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, mentality, health, economic status, religious affiliation, all of it. The obvious shouldn’t need to be said — that I want my projects to reflect the beautiful diversity of the world, that I want to see and share with others life through another’s eyes, that I want to see these differences expressed through art and creation and culture, that these books need to be on bookshelves — but that’s the state of things. So yes, there is no question to it: I want diversity.
Book Ends Literary Agency:
>This is your semi-annual reminder that while I'm looking for diversity and own voices across the board, I am particularly interested in seeing submissions in the mystery and historical romance genres. Please send! #mswl
Knight Agency:
>Really want to find queer teen lit.
P.S. Literacy Agency:
>“Young Adult: LGBTQ+ rom com, psychological horror, a new take on vampires, a girl in a rock band, an eerie mystery.”
KT Literacy
>#ownvoices#marginalizedvoicesfriendship-based adventure a la Goonies, please! #MG #YA #amquerying #amwriting
Lynette Novak
>Seeking: manuscripts from POC, diverse authors,#LGBTQ,#OwnVoices, & all voices that have been silenced but NEED to be heard. I support you & want to share your stories with the world.
Kiki Nguyen
>No funny business, but I want more tattooed queer LIs, THANK YOU. Neck tata, knuckle tats, knee tats, lips tats, I’ll take an eyelid or two as well. I am DESPERATE.#mswl
Leah Spann, DAW / Penguin
>I am always looking for inclusive storytelling. LGBTQIA+ characters, less explored mythologies, SFF from authors of color, neurodivergence.
Elana Roth Parker
>I have never stopped looking for Black voices to add to my list of authors. If you write fun, escapist stories for MG or YA, I'm here! Currently hungry for rom-coms and light fantasy, but open to an adventure.
Lynnette Novak
>Seeking: manuscripts from POC, diverse authors,#LGBTQ,#OwnVoices, & all voices that have been silenced but NEED to be heard. I support you & want to share your stories with the world.

>> No.22287739

>>22287719
>Literary agencies are not only looking for white men anymore and giving a small opportunity to books that are already more marketable (women eat that shit up)
The west has fallen

>> No.22287761

>>22287686
>Democracy would fail if you severely limited immigration (so would the economy), it goes against the spirit of democracy. If people voted to stop democracy that is not democracy working, but falling apart.
This is extremely fallacious.
>Democracy would fail if you severely limited immigration (so would the economy)
Prove it. European democracies absolutely thrived with almost no immigration for a long time. I think you mean the debt-based financial system would struggle if there were fewer people buying into it, it's like a giant ponzi scheme. But that is different from democracy.
> it goes against the spirit of democracy
How? Why are foreigners de facto part of a nation because it is democratic? You're actually enforcing your beliefs on them which is the opposite of democracy. You're also saying that this time the will of the people must be ignored, which is anti-democratic.

This really sounds like some NPC brainwashing you are just parroting without having thought it through completely.

>> No.22287767
File: 787 KB, 1106x830, image (1).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22286921
Does anyone else feel like the reaction against anti-white racism is way too understated? It's the only group you are allowed to humiliate and discriminate against en masse and white people basically just shrug their shoulders at it. I know people here are going to say that I am just preaching to the choir, but even people here basically just say "Yeah, it sucks, but blah blah blah."

I feel like I am in the world of Kafka, and everyone in the world acknowledges it sucks, but then they go on tik tok right after saying that and go about their day. I would ask why nothing is being done, but I think I already know the answer. There is no hope out. The demoralization is too strong.

>> No.22287768

>>22287702
Not him but your argument is NPC nigger-tier stupid, which is why he accurately calls you retard

>> No.22287797

>>22287719
Exactly 0 of these say they're looking only for "BIPOC, Gay or transgender or female voices, voices from the disability community, and that preference for work to be represented must come from those categories." You have never written anything and this fake and gay post is just a desperate cry for attention. You couldn't even write a convincing fake rejection email

>> No.22287798

>>22286921
>voices from the disability community
So that includes you then

>> No.22287804

>>22287767
The affirmative action debate a few weeks back was crazy. The anti-affirmative action people never mention white people, just Asians and Indians. The pro-affirmative action people ignored Asians and Indians entirely, only talking about black people and white supremacy.

>> No.22287805
File: 107 KB, 502x497, masked.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287673
>>22287697
>>22287306
>>22287609
seethe

>> No.22287806

>>22287767
What is your solution?
Argue against it publicly - lose job, lose all future prospects, become social pariah
Organize - entire weight of justice system comes crashing down on you
Complain as softly and gently as possible about the unfairness - openly mocked, harassed, possibly lose job

>> No.22287810

>>22287797
read between the lines, moron

>> No.22287811

>>22287739
>>Literary agencies are not only looking for white men anymore
1. That was never the case.
2. They are intentionally excluding white men/people, who founded the West in every sense.

Your argument is that perceived discrimination was perhaps the greatest ill of all time, but now you want to repeat that same mistake essentially because your feelings are hurt. But that is not the end of your nonsense. The entire philosophy that has informed or rather constructed your moral framework (which you probably accepted without question) came directly from straight White Christian society, directed by White Christian males.

You are obviously very young and stupid. Or maybe you just hate white people. Either way, nobody needs a fool like you diagnosing the state of the West. Go build legos or something.

>> No.22287820

>>22287499
newpages, but also anthologies; if you pick up a copy of the Best American Short Stories/Poetry/Essays (yearly anthology) there's a list in the back with a bunch of litmags in it. Even better is the yearly Pushcart Prize anthologies, you find a lot of really good, pretty unknown lit mags there. Also great writing in the Pushcarts, a lit mag will nominate a handful of its stories/poems for the prize and the pushcart committee selects the best for that year
>>22287467
no prob

>> No.22287826

>>22287767
After a few hundred years of anti-Black hatred, I think whitey can bear a few decades of mild disapproval

>> No.22287833

>>22287806
Organize politically was my answer. And in some ways, we did pretty well for ourselves in 2016. But then I realized most of the GOPers were with Trump because of the cult of personality and not because of policy. Meanwhile, most of the GOP politicians in Congress still supported mass immigration despite the cries of their base. Even the people who are supposed to be our biggest allies don't really care. So I gave up politics cold turkey. It's so over. We never had a chance.

>> No.22287834

>>22287767
>>22287804
Just ride the tiger. Make as much money as you can, allow the 3rd world hordes to inflate your/your families assets and sell them your shitty overpriced yuppy house for a million dollars then move somewhere nice and white again. Obviously it's not a permanent solution. But what isn't a solution isnto cry like a baby and just be a despicable loser who lives with his parents at 30 and whines about how bad the world is. Meet like-minded people and establish yourself and become someone people admire then start to redpill them. Anything other than whine all day about how bad things are on 4chan like a fucking loser.

>> No.22287835

>>22287811
a bunch of basement dwelling incels memed you into an ideology that has you spitting mad at your computer screen lmao. go outside. See a movie or something

>> No.22287842

>>22287834
I'm not a white supremacist. I just thought it was weird/funny that nobody was willing to talk about the negative impacts of affirmative action on white people unless they think it's good or to accuse someone else of secretly caring about it.

>> No.22287845

>>22287833
There is a chance left, but time is running out and it is so slim it isn't even worth mentioning. It will also radically alter everything should it come to pass and most likely not in positive ways for anyone for a couple generations

>> No.22287847
File: 1.30 MB, 320x213, 1472397436950.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287826

>> No.22287854

>>22287826
>After a few hundred years of anti-Black hatred
White society, white rules. What claim do niggers have to Europe and the West, dog? You should be kissing my white ass for the fact that whites 50 years ago pretended blacks were their equals, which is nothing short of farcical. Blacks in the US should be thanking God that their ancestors were sold as slaves and taken to the US, instead of suffering in the squalor of Africa. It's the best thing to ever happen to them.

>> No.22287860

>>22287854
Imagine for a minute that all your country's prime age men were taken and sold for labor somewhere else

>> No.22287862

>>22287845
I have come to the conclusion only a destabilizing force can save us, and that it is out of all our hands at this point. It's up to the economy to tank or foreign countries to go nuts.

>> No.22287864

>>22287854
You seem very angry that a black person can use the same restroom as you can in a restaurant

>> No.22287868

>>22287833
>It's so over. We never had a chance.
Pretty sure you're just a falseflagging leftist subhuman, otherwise you're such a fucking crybaby, what an absolute disgrace of a man you are. Politics was never going to allow Hitler 2.0 or whoever to come back. The entire system is predicated against that. That was never the point.

>> No.22287870

>>22287826
>>22287860
>>22287864
Can you please stop with the obvious bait?

>> No.22287871
File: 64 KB, 1200x800, TLM_dt2_stills_request_4K_rec709_20230228.0001.0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287835
>go outside. See a movie or something
ummm

>> No.22287872

>>22287835
Not an argument. Cope.

>>22287842
Babbys first redpill.

>> No.22287873

>>22287870
Meds

>> No.22287874

>>22287810
I did, that's how I determined your post was fake and gay.

>> No.22287876

>>22287868
We could get someone good if even our own people cared, but people just don't. Democracy has failed us in so many ways and that is that. I look forward to the next system of governance to take over.

>> No.22287879

>>22287872
im not arguing with you im making fun of you kek

>> No.22287880

>>22287860
>all your country's prime age men
Citation needed. Also, blacks sold other blacks to whites and jewish slavers, whites didn't go in there rounding them up.

Also, whites were the ones who abolished slavery. You are quite ignorant.

>> No.22287882

>>22287870
>it's bait because i disagree with it
Back to r*ddit

>> No.22287883

>>22287834
I have a good life so far. But belief in your nation state was something that fulfilled me that I lost. Sorry if my complaints trigger you.

>> No.22287886
File: 552 KB, 3300x3140, PAPER.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287882
>>22287873

>> No.22287885

>>22287879
No, really you're just coping because you can't defend your idiot NPC beliefs from criticism. Keep trying to hide that fact, you dumb nigger.

>> No.22287888

>>22287880
>citation needed
I love how you give yourself the license to spew bullshit into the air but as soon as someone else makes a counterclaim you go all ummmm ackshually citation. why should anyone listen to your rules when you don't even follow them yourself?

>> No.22287891
File: 51 KB, 500x334, man laugh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287885
>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
please continue, this cracks me up

>> No.22287894

>>22287876
>We could get someone good if even our own people cared, but people just don't
Not really, all candidates are essentially pre-selected, the financial elites rule "democracy" from the shadows. Trump was essentially an anomaly and the US was lucky to have him.

>> No.22287897

>>22287894
>the financial elites
which doesn't include multimillionaire trump of course, totally different

>> No.22287898
File: 28 KB, 920x428, 2023-07-20 (2).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287811
>1. That was never the case.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/11/opinion/culture/diversity-publishing-industry.html
this is recent, in a relativley progressive time in a relatively progressive country.
>There’s a correlation between the number of people of color who work in publishing and the number of books that are published by authors of color,” said Tracy Sherrod, the editorial director of Amistad, an imprint of HarperCollins that is focused on Black literature.

That correlation is visible in our data, exemplified by Toni Morrison’s career as an editor at Random House from 1967 to 1983. Random House’s first female Black editor, Ms. Morrison championed writers such as Toni Cade Bambara, Henry Dumas and Gayl Jones. During her tenure, 3.3 percent of the 806 books published by Random House in our data were written by Black authors.

The number of Black authors dropped sharply at Random House after Ms. Morrison left. Of the 512 books published by Random House between 1984 and 1990 in our data, just two were written by Black authors: Ms. Morrison’s “Beloved” (through Knopf, which was owned by Random House) and “Sarah Phillips,” by Andrea Lee.

2. They are intentionally excluding white men/people, who founded the West in every sense.
except they aren't, they simply are looking for more people who aren't white to attract more readers.
you see any sort of difference as an attack on white people, you believe in white people's cultural superiority and thus feel entitled to greater opportunities, when the opportunities are partially evened out you label it anti-white.
>The entire philosophy that has informed or rather constructed your moral framework (which you probably accepted without question) came directly from straight White Christian society, directed by White Christian males.

and why would i care? i am a christian, i do not hate white peopple, in fact i love "the west" and enjoy european culure. i am not anti white s you claim, but you think i am because i see things differently from you. consider that maybe people aren't out to get you, and that maybe the bigger issue is with a broader system making workers and artist poor and miserable, not minorities just trying to get a job like you.

>> No.22287905

>>22287888
I wasn't purporting to state any facts, i was using rationale.

Also, to further refute your idiot claim, most of Europe's prime aged men were constantly fighting and dying in wars, that didn't stop them from overcoming. You're just making excuses to justify your fragile pre-fabricated worldview.

>>22287891
>he's a coping simian who can't defend his npc worldview to save his life
Top kek, keep going retard.

>> No.22287909

>>22287897
I'm talking about banking dynasties, the ones who gives loans to billionaires and megacorps and you don't even know their names.

>> No.22287914

>>22286921
The only people who buy new books are women.
Women like to read this stuff.
It will not change unless men start reading new fiction again.

>> No.22287917

>>22287894
>and the US was lucky to have him.
Nah, if anything it just placate and then demoralize the right as the left continues to steamroll.

>> No.22287921
File: 117 KB, 1140x570, cope.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287905
>top kek, keep going retard
im not mad!!! im not mad!!! im not!!!

>> No.22287924

>>22287909
idk man it seems like I have more in common with a poor guy who doesn't look like me than a millionaire or billionaire who does

>> No.22287927

>>22287898
>i am a christian
like it wasn't fucking obvious from the get-go you limpdicked christcuck go to hell

>> No.22287930

>>22287924
Because those are the only two possible allegiances.

>> No.22287933

>>22287924
>I have more in common with a poor guy who doesn't look like me
you do not

>> No.22287939

>>22287767
You are right, I dont relate to the attitude of the majority of people; however, I can just go on 4chan and call for tnd

>> No.22287940

>>22287898
>this is recent, in a relativley progressive time in a relatively progressive country.
Can you refute the point instead of posting an opinion piece from your favourite corporate media site? Also, what are you progressing towards?
>except they aren't, they simply are looking for more people who aren't white to attract more readers.
They're openly discriminating against white people. And are you just assuming that nonwhites don't read white authors and yet whites will read nonwhite authors or what? Whites are the majority, so by your logic it would make sense that they are favoured in publishing, but right now we are seeing the opposite.
>when the opportunities are partially evened out you label it anti-white.
The idea that it wasn't "evened out" before is fallacious. Nonwhite authors were ways getting published, whether they got famous or not is irrelevant.
>you believe in white people's cultural superiority and thus feel entitled to greater opportunities,
Yes, white people founded the West for their descendants, not for random 3rd worlders who have nothing in common with us. But you aren't even arguing for equal treatment, you are actually arguing for preferential treatment of nonwhites, which is discriminatory.

You're just a stupid naïve little girl.

>> No.22287946

>>22287917
Idiotic. You think the Clinton administration would have been better? They would have been vehemently anti-white and corrupt, like Biden. You're a fool.

>> No.22287954

>>22287940
>Whites are the majority
not for Z and beyond

>> No.22287955

>>22287924
Kek you think a middle class white man has anything in common with some ghetto nigger who smoed crack with his mother at age 9? Fuck off brainlet.

>>22287921
>he's actually triggered
Dance monkey dance.

>> No.22287959

>>22287136
A year ago there was a /lit/ thread made by an anon that pretended he was an asian woman and his publisher asked for a skype call.

>> No.22287963

>>22287179
It's a conspiracy theory.

>> No.22287970

>>22287927
It's just some idiot, probably brown or still in high school

>>22287954
>not for Z and beyond
Do you think that's a good thing? Do you think your comfortable, prosperous, and safe white Western nation will stay prosperous and safe if whites become a minority? All data indicates the contrary. Also, why should whites want to become a minority in their own nations? Are you admitting that white ethnonats are in fact correct?

>> No.22287976

>>22287940
>Can you refute the point instead of posting an opinion piece from your favourite corporate media site? Also, what are you progressing towards?
i posted data that disproves your point. show me data that proves that non white get published more than white authors then

>> No.22287983

>>22287898
okay, now separate out the jewish % from the "white" % and probably also the "white" arabs and latinos

>> No.22287984

>>22287976
>i posted data that disproves your point
Explain how.
>show me data that proves that non white get published more than white authors then
Thr argument is that the industry discriminates against whites.

>> No.22287994

>>22287984
You got absolutely blown the fuck out as soon as he posted sources. Just stop responding and admit you lost this battle.

>> No.22288016

>>22287994
not really, i get this is a /lit/ board so you might have trouble with basic statistical interpretation.

the graph only goes up to 2018 (it is now 5 years later and things have gotten exponentially worse) and the appropriate statistics to be looking at (relevant to the argument) here is submission versus acceptance. 11% of what's published might be by nigs but when every nig who submits gets published, meanwhile only the cream of the crop of from whitey gets published, that's racial discrimination. Not whitey's fault there aren't enough literate blacks to even submit work to publishers lmao.

also what >>22287983 said

>> No.22288033

>>22287984
>despite the supposed anti white agencies, non white authors are underrepresented in the graph. considering that the ammount of non white people is greater than the percentage of non white authors, and that the ammount of white author is greater than the percentage of white people, you can say that it is not an equalplaying field , and that non white authors are at a disadvantage.
>The argument is that the industry discriminates against whites.
and the data does not show that to be true.
>>22287970
>why should whites want to become a minority in their own nations?
the only reason you fear becoming a minority is because you know how the majority of white people treated the minorities of non white people. Are you admitting that society discriminated against minorities unfairly for centuries?
the reason immigration is allowed is because the modern economic system needs the influx of poor people that will accept shit wages and treatment. and they are only moving because they live in countries that were exploited by europe and america so it is comparatlively better for them in america. people who are figthing to get better oppostunities for them are not doing so by taking away from you,because the average white person has no money, it is the 1% that makes all the profit, and those are the people that should be our enemies, not white people, not minorities, but those who own everything we fight over. most minorities don't hate you, they only fear that you would turn on them instead of on the people in power.

>> No.22288035

>>22288016
>it is now 5 years later and things have gotten exponentially worse
this is an opinion, not data
>the appropriate statistics to be looking at (relevant to the argument) here is submission versus acceptance.
classic move where you were disproven and then claim that's never what you were saying

admit it he got your ass good. study up next time okay

>> No.22288036

>>22287994
How? The data didn't even pertain to the argument. Also stop samefagging.

>> No.22288050
File: 91 KB, 1354x599, sorry anon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22288036
sorry anon, two people disagree

>> No.22288057

>>22288016
>>22287983
you make the label white as open to include every founder of "The West". but then you close the same lable to exclude them when it benefits you.
you do know irish people, italians, greeks, they were not considered white for a long time. in fact Whiteness is more of an American idea. Europeans up until recently only had eachother to contrast themselves. so you would see arguments of slavs against caucasians against mediteraneans over who the best race was. but to americans all of those people were white, and they all founded a thing called "The West" together. now why is it that you can accept so many different groups as white but not others? why make this arbitrary distinction? why do you cut specifically those groups out but not the italians or the greeks or the slavs or anyone else. what are your reasons?

>> No.22288058
File: 430 KB, 587x445, 1683213640147306.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22288035
>this is an opinion, not data
can be extrapolated from ESG trends. Don't even pretend like this is contentious. Nigger Floyd riots were in 2020, and we all lived through that and the aftermath. Let's not gaslight, shall we?

>classic move where you were disproven and then claim that's never what you were saying
i'm not even that anon. but no, right now you're committing the classic move where i blow you the fuck out and you start floundering and trying to point people elsewhere

>> No.22288063

>>22288058
>can be extrapolated from ESG trends
again, a claim without data. you're not very good at this

>> No.22288089
File: 31 KB, 500x509, main-qimg-48041b1a79fb8cc02ac53bf62ac58084-pjlq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22288057
>you make the label white as open to include every founder of "The West". but then you close the same lable to exclude them when it benefits you.
not that fucking anon you moron. adapt to the site already you filthy tourist.

>you do know irish people, italians, greeks, they were not considered white for a long time
cool. In what context? also, who cares.

>but to americans all of those people were white, and they all founded a thing called "The West" together
lmao that's not what happened

>why make this arbitrary distinction? why do you cut specifically those groups out but not the italians or the greeks or the slavs or anyone else. what are your reasons?
there's nothing wrong with arbitrary distinctions. white is a fuzzy label, welcome to living in reality. white is a fine label and if your conversation requires more precision, then you adopt it then. welcome to wittgenstein

you can look at some genetic data if you want for a scientific basis of race. personally, i don't really care, and actually it's not relevant to this conversation in any meaningful way. Niggers are subhumans homo-erectus hybrids who never founded ANY kind of civilization EVER and the IQ data supports this. For me, the two races and blacks, and non-blacks. And then, among the non-blacks, europeans are just the most attractive.

>> No.22288093
File: 25 KB, 1709x892, Fig1_Global-AUM-invested-in-ESG-mandates-in-USD-tn_in_The-rise-of-ESG-investments_BankingHub-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22288063
I told you not to be a sore little piggy; it's trivial to look this shit up. you KNOW it's there so quit pretending you have a leg to stand on

>> No.22288118

>>22287179
So what that graph is saying is that there are a smaller share of immigrants than there were in the turn of the century.

>The blue line shows a spike because of a population spike
>The orange line shows total percent of the population

It’s painful to me you don’t understand that, but how could you, you’re likely a shitskin. It isn’t your fault nature made you intellectually inferior.

>> No.22288126

Book publishers were overtaken by faghag women and fags in the late 90s/early 00s.
This is just what happens when they take the reins.
Self-publishing is the only real option at this point.

>> No.22288133

>>22287797
they're pretty much saying "don't submit if you're a white man."
>fake and gay post
these statements can all be verified on their website and twitter

>> No.22288135
File: 44 KB, 1855x314, 2023-07-20 (4).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22288016
>the graph only goes up to 2018 (it is now 5 years later and things have gotten exponentially worse)
so the problem began 5 years ago? then why were people claiming the exact thing you are claiming right now 6 years ago in this very board? if the data does not show the impact of what you're claiming and i have to look at more recent data, then you would still be buying into a theory that said these things were happeing when they were not happening. you are buyiong into an ideology of people that keep lying to you
>>22288133
no, they are saying they are looking for diversity, not that they are rejecting white people. the people back in 2016 were saying the same thing and as the data shows, white people were still vastly over represented in the industry.

>> No.22288137

>>22288093
he posted a graph of the racial proportions of the writers of published books, and you post in response a graph that has nothing to do with that at all and strut about like you've proven something. god this is pathetic. please do just an iota of research you're making your compatriots look bad

>> No.22288141

>>22286921
>female voices
Female voices are not a fucking minority in contemporary literature.

>> No.22288152

>>22287874
>no, they are saying they are looking for diversity, not that they are rejecting white people.
they are telling white people to not submit to them.

Imagine if I opened a restaurant and put a sign on the front that said: "Welcome black people, gay people, women, trannies, nonbinary individuals, native people, disabled people, and marginalized individuals." Do you think straight, white people are welcome inside as well? Or do you think they carefully excluded them for a reason?

>> No.22288161

>>22288135
>so the problem began 5 years ago?
depends what you mean, but no. esg has been ramping up, as per >>22288093 that's just a fact. I don't understand your point.

also, you are so fucking dumb. just reread what i told you in >>22288016

>>22288137
lmao what are you talking about? i posted a graph showing increasing esg style investment which would suggest the end-trend seen in data that only goes up to 2018 gets far, far worse. That's what the conversation moved on to because i already btfo your faggot data that means nothing. Keep up you dumb wordcel.

>>22288135
>>22288137
I'll reiterate here for both you dumb assholes. The stat you want here is published acceptance rate. It wouldn't matter that only 11% published is niggers when they accept 100% of nigger submissions, for example. Not my problem niggers aren't literate and can only get to 11% with the gates wide. Not my problem you fools are statistically illiterate, either.

>> No.22288162

>>22288152
Imagine if there was a restaurant that had a policy of shooting every black person, gay person, woman, transgender person, nonbinary person, native person, disabled person, and marginalized person every single time they stepped over the door. Imagine that restaurant was open for five hundred years. Then imagine that it came under new management and they didn't want to do that anymore. Don't you think they'd hang some kind of welcome sign up to show that they're not interested in shooting anymore? Doesn't mean white men are excluded, they never were and never will be, just means that everybody else won't be shot on entry

>> No.22288164

>>22288152
>Do you think straight, white people are welcome inside as well? Or do you think they carefully excluded them for a reason?
Obviously yheyy are included. Because that is the norm, they dont have to be included in the sign because they have never been excluded from anything, while there were signs like "no blacks no dogs no kids" in restaurants, while there were gay and trans band in the military. And it is funny you are saying this since the conservative supreme court made it so you actually are allowed to discriminate gays and transgenders from your establishment.
If you see the things that you claim to be happening to you in secret, happen to the people who you claim are doing that to you in public, do you take this as a bit of a hint that maybe you had it wrong? Do you support fair treatment for everyone or do you support unfair treatment for some people

>> No.22288165

>>22288162
>Imagine if there was a restaurant that had a policy of shooting every black person, gay person, woman, transgender person, nonbinary person, native person, disabled person, and marginalized person every single time they stepped over the door.
here come the histrionics

>> No.22288170

>>22288161
>btfo your faggot data
Again, this did not happen. You were disproven and then claimed you were never arguing what was disproven.
>increasing esg style investment which would suggest the end-trend seen in data that only goes up to 2018 gets far, far worse
And ice cream causes drowning. "Would suggest" is doing so much work in this phrase that it's about to collapse under the strain. It doesn't prove what you're talking about at all. You still have not posted any hard data to back up this claim, you've only waved your hand in its direction.

>> No.22288176

>>22287898
>i am a christian, i do not hate white peopple
fucking lol

>> No.22288181
File: 3.70 MB, 1920x1080, 1689464978246209.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've just come to the conclusion of never giving any business or help to anyone who isn't a straight white male if they aren't directly related to me.
They want to make us minorities in our own countries?
Fine, then let's act like minorities do.

>> No.22288184
File: 24 KB, 1001x426, hugo awards wokeness.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22288162
>>22288164
>Obviously yheyy are included. Because that is the norm,
>Doesn't mean white men are excluded
Actually, they are excluded. Not only is it evident when you look at current publishing trends, current book award nominations and winners, but even industry professionals like Joyce Carol Oates

>Oates wrote: “A friend who is a literary agent told me that he cannot even get editors to read first novels by young white male writers, no matter how good; they are just not interested. This is heartbreaking for writers who may, in fact, be brilliant, & critical of their own 'privilege."

>> No.22288187

>>22288170
>Again, this did not happen. You were disproven and then claimed you were never arguing what was disproven.
you must be high

>"Would suggest" is doing so much work in this phrase that it's about to collapse under the strain. It doesn't prove what you're talking about at all. You still have not posted any hard data to back up this claim, you've only waved your hand in its direction.
lmao you wish so badly you had an argument. What does your tiny pea brain think the S in ESG stands for? SOCIAL as in SOCIAL JUSTICE as in the exact ideology responsible for the "inclusion" of BIPOC and exclusion of whitey in the name of EQUITY which is JUST. I demonstrate that money is explicitly being invested based on advancing this aim at a steadily increasing rate year after year and you call this hand-waving? Get a grip you seething nigger.

None of this changes a thing about the shitty misconstrued data you've been pretending means anything, anyway.

>> No.22288188
File: 1.83 MB, 1920x1080, hugo awards 2020 part 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22288162
>>22288164
>white men aren't being excluded

>> No.22288191

>>22286921
Write something good and you’ll be published. It is embarrassing to acknowledge that niggers and women are getting published over you. In a capitalist system, the cream always rises to the top. I’m tired of your commie bullshit about equal opportunity when you aren’t good enough. We live in a merit based society. It’s time to face the truth: you aren’t a good writer

>> No.22288199

>>22288188
What have they put out that deserves to unseat one of picrel?

>> No.22288202

>>22288191
>In a capitalist system, the cream always rises to the top.
Laughable to anyone whose been following any form of media in the last 20 years.
I know multiple normalfags who used to be huge fantasy fans who outright refuse to read big four published american authors.
The only real contention anymore in the fantasy scene is if you're reading self-published western authors or chinese ones.

>> No.22288210

>>22288187
>ESG REEEEEEEEE IT IS IT IS IT IS EXTRAPOLATED
Wow. I think you just googled “diversity spending” and grabbed the first graph you saw. I legitimately don’t know what to say to this level of retarded rage lmao. At some point you just gotta laugh

>> No.22288215
File: 51 KB, 230x250, IMG_0969.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22288202
>fantasy

Get off my board

>> No.22288223

>>22288188
so it's still mostly white people with 6 or 7 non white people in a group of 30. yup the white race is over now.
>As of 2021, White Americans are the racial majority, with non-Hispanic whites representing 59.3% of the population
>this graph has 20% non whites
so if things were equal. you would be seeing two times as many non white people as you see in the pic
>inb4 they're not white they're jewish!
well i can't fucking tell whos jewish, you tell me. and even then you could find 7 non whites in this pic and then it would be fair

>> No.22288224

>>22288215
>I read deep literature for deep people like myself
"Literary" is just trite womanly drama in the modern day.
The book equivalent of Downton Abbey or Days of Our Lives.

>> No.22288227

>>22286921
Why even deal with this nonsense? Are you writing for money? Get a job! (I’m unemployed teehee) if your doing it for fun just distribute it for free

>> No.22288231

>>22288223
>white people
White women. With LGBT qualifiers.
No one here is blind except willfully.

>> No.22288233

>>22288210
too much of a bitch to admit you were wrong, even anonymously. Doesn't surprise me given your ideology.

>> No.22288237

>>22288035
>this is an opinion, not data
The data you posted doesn't even address any argument that was made.

>> No.22288241

>>22288181
This is the historical norm. Whites did a favour to foreigners by pretending to not see race, but you can see they were just taken advantage of for that, the nonwhites will not reciprocate the generosity.

>> No.22288242

Yeah, it's not exactly a secret.
Brandon Sanderson spends a whole lecture of his lecturing series on why you should add stronk womyn and faggots if you ever want to get published by any agents and how it's morally correct for them to automatically reject books that aren't centered around stronk womyn and this was a couple of years ago before this shit went into overdrive.

>> No.22288243

>>22288224
I admire your boldness in flaunting your plebeian taste, but I’m sure Reddit can accommodate your schlop consuming taste better. Go read about your wizards, sorcerers, and mages and take yourself away from this board

>> No.22288244

>>22286921
Use the recent anti-affirmative-action ruling by the Supreme Court to sue them for discrimination.

>> No.22288246

>>22288191
>Write something good and you’ll be published
Kek

This entire post is boomer-tier blindness.

>> No.22288247

>>22288246
the entire post is bait, man lmao

>> No.22288249

>>22288241
>the nonwhites will not reciprocate the generosity.
That's the conclusion I came to.
I've never seen any reciprocity come the other way in my entire lifetime. It's not even pretended to be a thing even in theory.
Even saying "where's the reciprocity?" or "what's in it for us" among so-called egoist conservatives make them froth at the mouth like you've just questioned the right for non-whites to exist at all.

>> No.22288258

>>22288243
I've been here for longer than you've been alive.
Litslop remains the genre with the most pathetic attempts to buff up it's writer's status since twitter queerlit became a thing.

>> No.22288259

>>22288246
Show me something good that deserves to be published over what is being published now, or you’re just empty posturing, yelling about invisible boogeymen

>> No.22288263

>>22288258
You must be in your 40’s then and still reading about elves. Pathetic and embarrassing. Be gone, plebeian.

>> No.22288267
File: 28 KB, 564x505, stop thinking that.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What happens when you think you know better than the editors? I've gotten several short stories and almost a dozen poems published, so this isn't my first rodeo. I've gotten some favorable feedback on a big book I want to get published from various small presses, but they keep suggesting I change this or that aspect of it. What if I think I know better than them? What if I'm just Proust?

>> No.22288272

>>22288267
Then let your work speak for itself. If it is that good publishers will be fighting over you. The almighty dollar rules all

>> No.22288274 [DELETED] 

Interesting how right wing writers predicted this decades ago. Pejoratives like "nazi" or "white supremacist" are just used to bully whites into not collectivizing while every other group is encouraged to do so radically. You have anti-white, pro-jewish advocacy groups like the ADL (founded by jewish only freemason group B'nai B'rith) out in the open running media campaigns and partnering with google and fb to "stop hate" in the algorithms and protect jewish identity. Or blacks rallying behind ethnic identity to loot and burn entire city blocks while the media runs damage control for them and slanders anyone who defends their property as police are ordered to stand down and not prosecute. It's pretty obvious who is really being oppressed once you wake up.

>> No.22288275

>>22287092
what magazins/journals do you guys submit to?

>> No.22288279
File: 110 KB, 853x747, hugo awards no awards.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22288199
Funny, you should ask that. Because the Hugo Awards is the perfect bellwether to what's going on in publishing today. Back in 2013 the Hugo Awards were criticized by male authors and readers of favoring SJW/LGBTQ type stories over actual science fiction. So they banded together and nominated male authors that they felt were deserving of recognition. Do you know what the oh so inclusive, we don't exclude white males, Hugo Awards did? "No Award" swept the Hugos. The anti-white males in charge would rather destroy their own awards than let a single white male win.
>>22288223
Ok, you're one of them. Have fun crashing the publishing industry. I'll be around to pick up the pieces when you and your ilk are done.

>> No.22288282

>>22288272
That's not the case anymore. Hollywood produces endless woke flops and just keeps going, while normal/non-woke films often do extremely well, the studios keep pushing for woke garbage.

Then there's also the fact that the average consumer will have average tastes.

>> No.22288284

>>22288259
I don't read him but I remember Will Wight's House of Blades was miles ahead of anything else from new authors pushed by western publishers after Gene Wolfe died. The alternatives is actual trash like N. K. Jemisin, Ann Leckie and Sarah Monette and Rachel Swirsky.
Unsurprisingly publishers can't even get him now since he's topped amazon bestseller lists for ages through self-publishing.

>> No.22288285

>>22288279
Why should anyone give a fuck about the Hugo awards? Should I care about a tallest midget contest? Best looking Down syndrome girl? You people sicken me

>> No.22288290

>>22288263
He says while reading youth lit written by and for underage women to schlick to.

>> No.22288295

>>22288282
Woke us your bias and you are too blind to admit it. A black man is in a movie it’s woke. A woman is an action hero, it’s woke. The plights of the downtrodden are shown, it’s woke. Perhaps the issue lies with you and not the industry

>> No.22288296

>>22288285
>Why should anyone give a fuck about the Hugo awards?
because it's undeniable proof that white men are being excluded in the literary community, you massive fucking retard.

>> No.22288297

>>22288249
The cultures are very different. In general 3rd worlders are low trust and usually only motivated by the most immediate self-interest. In White cultures, taking government handouts is still often looked down upon, like it's dishonorable. On the other hand these 3rd worlders will shamelessly take as much as they can then ask for more, I've seen it myself and they brag about being welfare queens and going to as many countries as they can for different/better benefits. It is quite obvious that these people are not the same.

>> No.22288301

>>22288290
It’s clear you don’t know what I read. We are not on the same level. I am better than you

>> No.22288305

>>22288296
Hugo are genre awards desu. Not literary

>> No.22288307

>>22288301
>I am better than you
The rallying cry of every "literary" tranny ever.
Never how much they love a particular work or their sheer enjoyment.
Pathetic.

>> No.22288308

>>22288295
Nope, the ideology is rampant in these productions. They regularly race-swap white characters to be nonwhite, it is consistent. In fact they often make a point of it. Or they have some cringeworthy openly feminist plot arc, like in that stupid avengers movie. You're just blind, a dumb cow. Go munch on your grains in the movie theatre while you eat up this goyslop.

>> No.22288310

>>22288307
I enjoy what I read and am better than you at the same time. I can multitask, retardo

>> No.22288311

>>22288305
>genres do not pertain to writing
Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?

>> No.22288313

>>22288308
Kek at this nigga seething

>> No.22288314

>>22288285
Because it's yet another example of the anti-white bias/discrimination in the industry, you literal fucking halfwit.

>> No.22288318

>>22288313
>no argument
>"h-haha im laughing"
My sides.

>> No.22288319

>>22288311
Look up literary fiction. Don’t use literary as an adjective for slop in the future

>> No.22288320

>>22288310
He's obviously more based than you which means he's better than you. He also refuted you and all you have is weak cope.

>> No.22288322

>>22288118
That's wrong because when a large portion of immigrants were germans and other europeans it was a lot better than current day immigration composed mostly of negroes and hispanics.

>> No.22288323

>>22288319
>"The Hugo Award is an annual literary award..."
Libtards BTFO!

>> No.22288327 [DELETED] 

>>22286921
>NO!!! NOT MY WHITERINOS!!! THEY WAS MY ARYAN KINSFOLK, THEY WAS GOOD BOYS AND DINDU NUFFIN!!! THEY DESERVE A NECKBEARD AWARD!!!

>> No.22288335

>>22288305
You think this shit starts and ends with just genre fiction? Take a look at the front page of the big five publishers and see what books they're pushing. Look at who's winning Pulitzers and Nobel prizes. It's all the same.

>> No.22288346

>>22288323
I don’t participate in herd politics. Any astute mind can see the difference between literary fiction and fiction aimed at children and teens

>> No.22288356

>>22288346
Ah ok, so you are arguing that your higher brow publishing is unaffected by the recent anti-white discrimination in the industry?

>> No.22288359 [DELETED] 
File: 73 KB, 645x727, 1648973264084222.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>NO!!! NOT MY WHITERINOS!!! THEY WAS MY ARYAN KINSFOLK, THEY WAS GOOD BOYS AND DINDU NUFFIN!!! THEY DESERVE A NECKBEARD AWARD!!!

>> No.22288361

>>22288356
Yes. They are still putting out good works

>> No.22288366

As a white male who has been praised for writing ability and academic performance throughout my life but finished college in an unrelated field with a mediocre degree, there’s literally no hope for me to ever make a name for myself with literature, right? I have a perfectly fine job but with the state of the publishing industry I don’t think any normal person could ever break through. You really just need to come from a wealthy liberal family or be an ethnic minority.

>> No.22288372

>>22288366
>or be an ethnic minority.
Even then, I doubt there's much money in it. They will get their 5 minutes of fame and some good money for a bit but it won't last, it's a gimmick. Just write because you enjoy it and work a real job to support your hobby, then if your hobby somehow does take off then go from there.

>> No.22288377

>>22288366
Self-publishing.
That's literally it if you have a spine.
Everything else requires censoring yourself, centering your work around women and fags and pretending you're some current brand of minority with the politically correct sexual deviant inclinations.

>> No.22288662

Then shut the fuck up and stay in your lane. Stand aside and let diverse voices rise in the face of systemic oppression. Check your fucking privillege while you're at it.

>> No.22288668

>>22286921
You dig your own grave.

>> No.22288724

>>22288662
Have you never heard of a moderate liberal? Like Bill Maher? He doesn't stand for the woke shit.

I'm OP, holy shit this thread has devolved from the original point of wokeness in publishing to immigration statistics and shit.

>> No.22288727

>>22286921
maybe theyre trying to let you down nicely because your book is shit

>> No.22288745

>>22288724
moderate liberals are being moderate ethnically cleansed

>> No.22289256
File: 476 KB, 1000x1413, 1679506808300508.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22288724
>He doesn't stand for the woke shit.
yeah he doesn't do shit.

ignorant retard boomer who doesn't understand the logical conclusion of his "moderate" beliefs, i.e. wokism, just because he's too stupid to take his own beliefs there (probably because deep down he knows the conclusions are ludicrous and wrong, so he muddles around in ideological limbo larping as a heckin enlightened centrist). Too deeply entrenched in the social circles which afford him a rich lifestyle to ever really stand up and say "you know what, fuck these retarded niggers why are we wasting what little time on earth we have playing word games with these stupit power hungry coons again?"

>> No.22289265

>>22286921
>my two main characters are white
Why not just change it?

>> No.22289269

>>22286921
>I'm a progressive
Down in your own filth

>> No.22289411

>>22286921
How do I become a literary agent

>> No.22289429

>>22289411
First of all be an aging 50+ woman or a faggot who is also some form of brown ethnic minority willing to be their pet.
Send in an application to any publisher outside of Baen while promoting your lib and prog credentials.

>> No.22289472

>>22288724
>make /pol/ flavored thread
>shocked when it turns full /pol/

You’re telling me you didn’t see this coming? These types of threads are always dog whistles, same with banned books threads

>> No.22289484

>>22286921
It doesn't only affect white people. It affects non-white people too who aren't interested in writing multicultural, inclusive diversity propaganda, stupid fucking faggot. Stop self-victimizing yourself and scapegoating others, like a Jew, rather than looking into the deeper underlying problem, which goes beyond your petty partisan politics.

>> No.22289497

>>22289484
>non-white people too who aren't interested in writing multicultural, inclusive diversity propaganda
Who cares what affects square circles or colorless green ideas that sleep furiously?

>> No.22289509

>>22289497
Stfu, you brainlet stupid fucking Jew faggot. The literary agents are the GATEKEEPERS. As the gatekeepers, they accept only what fits into the social engineering project/mold. Therefore, this gives the false impression that oversocialized liberal bullshit is more widespread among non-whites than people think. Both sides are being played.
Kys, uninspired and uncreative faggot.

>> No.22289510

>>22286921
You just pick up the wrong editors, just try others.

>> No.22289744

>>22289510
Each publisher has a privileged target, it is preferable to choose a publisher who publishes works that correspond to the style of your manuscript. No matter the size of this publisher, what is important is its editorial line. Choose wisely, you could be bound to him forever.

>> No.22290537
File: 80 KB, 212x320, cover shot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22286921
Sharing my experience for what it's worth anon.
When i was trying to get my first book (pic related) published i tried three of the well known Melbourne publishers.
First one said "nobody is interested in stories about country bogans doing country bogan things, move to Melbourne if you want to become a real writer."
Second one said "we're not interested in straight white male perspectives"
Third one was interested and asked what Aboriginal nation i was from, i told the truth and said i was white, they never replied to another email.
Eventually i found a little indie publisher and the rest is history.

>> No.22290811

>>22290537
What indie publisher did you find that published it? I'd appreciate it

I'm sending my book out to small publishers now

>> No.22290876

>disability community
That's a lie.
I'm a disabled person. We're not people, not even to those who are woke, they don't care, never have, never will and we'll always be 3rd class citizens to them.
If the agent is female and is 30>60~ then I hate to tell you this but that's the age & gender group that actively discriminates against disabled people without a care in the world.

Pretend to be any of the others, hire someone to stand in for you but don't choose disability because I can guarantee you: disabled people are hated far more than you think and disabled representation is in the fucking gutter.

>> No.22290907

>>22290876
I'm OP.

I was temporarily on disability support last year due to health issues, I'm also Bi, but I'm white and a male, so I guess those are Strikes against me.

>> No.22290923

>>22287137
you get what you deserve retard

>> No.22291225

>>22286921
What the fuck did you expect?

>> No.22291228

>>22287276
>You should really only self publish if you have guaranteed sales.
That's like saying 'Don't put out an album unless you have fans.' That model may have worked with your dad but it's not necessary anymore. I've seen writers crank out self-published books and nothing happens because they're afraid of promotion.

>> No.22291282

>>22291228
wondering if I spend one or two thousand bucks on marketing how successful can my book be? I'd be happy selling 800-1000 copies. Assuming people find it decent, not terrible.

>> No.22291288

>>22289484
>It affects non-white people too who aren't interested in writing multicultural, inclusive diversity propaganda, stupid fucking faggot.
No it doesn't, examples have been posted itt showing that white people are discriminated against.

>> No.22291297

>>22288724
>Like Bill Maher? He doesn't stand for the woke shit
he doesn't stand for anything, he'll just let the anti-white leftists shit all over white people (aka Western civilisation) as much as they want. Don't be an NPC.

>> No.22291306

>>22287959
Just get a friend to be your stooge. Remind them to act autistic.

>> No.22291318

>>22287276
>>22291228
>>22291282
>self publishing
Not too invested in your specific discussion (not calling it an argument) but is there scraped data of how many books on the kindle store are self published? I'd imagine it's a fair chunk. If not self published then published by a really small publishing house that acts as basically a middle man.
I really do think it's gotta be a sizeable chunk and most of those people get by somehow (but there's also all the floppers).

There's not going to be endpoint sales data of publishing houses vs self published but when I look at Amazon's catalogue, the stuff that's offered for free or subscription: I see a bunch of self published stuff and I wonder how all that works as someone not in the know.
A sidepoint & digression from your discussion but on self publishing in the ebook world where the most profit comes off of drones mindlessly downloading your book.

>> No.22291344

>>22291228
here's a discussion you're going to have if you self publish and later submit to a real publisher
>so have you ever published anything in the past?
>oh yeah, I self published Big Titty Goth Girlfriend
>and how many sales did you get?
>uh... five.
>ok, we'll stay in touch.
>then you never hear from them again.
alternatively:
>so have you ever published before?
>...uh... no?
>we ran your name through Google and found out you self published Big Titty Goth Girlfriend
>oh yeah...
>how many sales did you get?
>uh... jabillion.
>so if your sales figures are so high why did you decide to publish with us?
>uh...
>ok, we'll stay in touch
and then you never hear from them again.

>> No.22291351

>>22291344
>can't in2 self publishing under a pseudonym
>can't think of a reason on the fly aligning with the publisher's brand & values
....you don't write, so what are you doing here, in that conversation? I don't get it. Can you explain?

>> No.22291364

>>22286921
I’m a bisexual liberal and all of you are bigger faggots than me. You get what you deserve

>> No.22291369

>>22286921
You are part of the problem.

>> No.22291370

>>22290923
Faggot leftist damage control

>> No.22291386
File: 417 KB, 1728x1626, 1687745071553898.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287246
>mfw i rifle through my folder of antisemitic azquotes but can't find the ezra pound jpg

anyway you have to go back, son

>> No.22291392

Do you want to know why BIPOC authors are wanted? Because they sell. Look at /lit/. They don't care for new authors. They want to keep reading the "classics" and shit that's 50 years past their first publication date.

But BIPOC authors SELL. Actual readers that aren't circlejerking the same 30 books are the ones picking up these books. They need something "new". They've read everything from ancient manuscripts featuring Gilgamesh and Enkidu to your diary. They don't want that shit anymroe. They want to hear about some random half african half chinaman struggling in a world that has no place for them in Africa, China, or America.

That's unique and interesting. Not your shitty I'm a white farmboy getting his family killed so he picks up a sword and tries to slay the evil mastermind with his trusty dragon and cock sucking woman that he magically stumbles upon and she falls for some NEET loser under 5'6 and weighs less than her thigh.

Understand yet?

>> No.22291394

>>22291392
lol ok
and no
I don't

>> No.22291398

>>22291392
I don’t necessarily disagree with the gist of your post but the people reading BIPOC or whatever it’s called most likely haven’t graduated to that from Gilgamesh, Dostoyevsky, and all the classics.

>> No.22291408

>>22291398
Casual "readers" are not going to go pick up Crime and Punishment. They don't want to read a classic, they have bad memories of classics that their high school teacher recommended. So they want something easy to get through and be proud they read something. So they trust "experts" saying "hey this book is good because it's a modern read that doesn't require 5D chess brainpower to understand."

>> No.22291411

>>22287213
Retard

>> No.22291413
File: 368 KB, 1368x1824, Paris_-_Chapelle_Notre-Dame_de_la_Médaille_Miraculeuse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287179
>>22287254
>>22287277
There is a cure and it's called converting to the one true faith Traditional Catholicism and Reconquista our lands in the holy name of Jesus Christ. No false religions allowed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvkS735KTwQ
Pray the rosary everyday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jkp_A6udso
>>>/wsg/5173311
>>>/wsg/5173904

>> No.22291441

>>22291411
Hey, just a heads up, you don't need to sign your posts here
Carry on!

>> No.22291473
File: 399 KB, 598x631, 1686102157875330.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22287093
We screech about it because these are the people setting these "woke" (antiwhite) standards. Funny how you felt compelled to inb4 any mention of them.
Also instead of telling someone to stop writing fiction and limiting their creative expression and freedom, we instead address the systemic issue of gatekeeping art for antiwhite and pro-paraphiliac bullshit?

>> No.22291506

>>22286921
>he's not making his protagonist a minority and making a penname that fits that ethnicity while blackpilling people on that ethnicity
ngmi

>> No.22292913

>>22291392

>the don't care for new authors

new authors are literally only BIPOC hacks because those are the only people agents now sign

of the very large population of readers out there, publishing houses only cater to a miniscule percentage; people interested in terrible books about BIPOC issues written by "diverse" authors. the rest of the large population just reads the classics, because nothing new is being published. books written by white men don't sell, because those white men can't get an agent in the first place

>> No.22293246

>>22292913
This

>> No.22293402

>>22291392
>Because they sell
No they don't you fucking retard. Books by white authors always sell way more and are far more widely read. Your post doesn't even make sense.

Are you honestly stupid enough to not be aware of the fact that anti-white ideology is prevalent among multiple industries? Were you born yesterday? You dumb fucking cow, this is beyond boomer-tier delusion. How can you not see that whites are simply being discriminated against despite being the overwhelming majority of readers?

>> No.22293429

>>22286921
Here's a neat trick, which will work if your story is good and the character's whiteness and straightness isn't central to their conflicts. Try removing all physical descriptions of your protagonists, change their names to non-gender-specific ones, and replace their pronouns with they/them. When the publishers claim that the characters are cishet white dudes, calll them out for making toxic regressive assumptions, and get published. You're welcome.

>> No.22293473
File: 92 KB, 1280x826, fuck the panopticon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22286921
Wait them out. This shit is a trend, like every single other extreme political opinion popular among retards.
Don't forget a lot of literary classics were only considered such decades after they were written, in many cases after the author fucking died.
In the meantime, pipe bomb.

>> No.22293478

It's not a cliche or anything. The entire industry is capsized. https://www.wylieagency.com/submissions.html

>> No.22293485

as a mixed race man this thread is just depressing

>> No.22293500

>>22291392
>Because they sell
lol
lmao
im fucking plying.

>> No.22293529

>>22293485
>as a mixed race man
How unfortunate.

>> No.22293538

>>22293529
It isn't unfortunate at all but you are baiting me so go back to pol you troll

>> No.22293546

>>22293538
Yes it is, you're a mutt and have inferior genes. Your parents were weirdos. Mixed race people suck, they usually have mental problems and weaker immune systems.

>> No.22293550

>>22293546
And they smell too!!

>> No.22293578

>>22293546
post source or u are a larping nazi

>> No.22293712

>>22293578
let's hope you never need a bone marrow transplant
https://bethematch.org/transplant-basics/how-blood-stem-cell-transplants-work/how-does-a-patients-ethnic-background-affect-matching/

>> No.22293717

>>22287093
everyone who says things i don't like is ugly

>> No.22294046

>>22290537
Why do you keep advertising your shitty vanity publish as a success story? You sold less than 500 copies. It was a flop.

>> No.22294065

>>22294046
I looked them up. It's indeed a small publisher, not a vanity press. Still, his book probably sucks

>> No.22294214

>>22294046
He's proving that white people are discriminated against in their own nations you cretin.

>> No.22294304

>write women and homo genre of not just SF, but YA SF
>wtf why are there so many women and homos
For real though I see tons of Ching Chong and other weirdo ethnic names when browsing popular books now so you might be on to soemthing.
But hey, it's what people want.

>> No.22294369

>>22294304
>But hey, it's what people want.
Lol no. It's more that it's top-down social engineering, they are just controlling the idiot masses and enforcing their anti-white conditioning. These gay mudpeople books don't sell, the highest selling authors are white authors telling white stories, and it's mostly white people who read. It's the same with all these social justice movies eith huge budgets that flop. The studios keep funding them because there is an underlying agenda, it isn't the free market at work.