[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 86 KB, 1000x788, Hunter-S-Thompson.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22166345 No.22166345 [Reply] [Original]

Mostly a hack, books not worth a read, triggerhappy dopehead, but got some articles right.

>> No.22166354
File: 281 KB, 775x1176, Fear_and_Loathing_on_the_Campaign_Trail_'72_(1973_1st_ed_jacket_cover).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fear & Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 is one of the most entertaining things I've ever read, and for that alone, HST is okay in my book.

>> No.22167293

>>22166345
his novel, The Rum Diaries, his only novel, may tell you more about decisions you get to make in life and outcomes you cannot control than, let's say, The Stranger by Camus. the fact that the bird who gets herself gangbanged and fucked up is played by Amber Heard who later ruined Johnny Depp's life is quite the icing on the cake on this books legacy.

>> No.22167380

>>22166345
Man he has such a tiny corpus. At least what's on libgen. I kind of like his style and ... Idk ... What it takes to be such a 'le great writer' are all those articles in normie magazines, why should I care?

>> No.22168052

>>22166345
Jesus Christ I just watched a video on this guy and now I’m seeing this here

>> No.22168227 [DELETED] 

>>22167293
I like how in the movie it is strongly implied that she got gang banged by a pack of wild 3rd world NIGGERS, probably including Rabbis taking pictures and filming, then she comes back to him like she just had too much to drink and he takes her back no problem (I almost threw up), like she wouldn’t be physically injured or her holes blown out and ripped apart or she wouldn’t have been infected with super nigger AIDS or razor clam anal warts in her eyes, like a lithe blond women could just survive no problem a drug fueled dance crazed barnyard stall baboon gang rape running train on every hole for hours on end all while dehydrated from the liquid jew. Her pussy and butt hole would have been torn into one giant flappy STD discharge horror show not to mention she definitely would be pregnant with vile gorilla turds. My point is African females have evolved a much heavier bone structure and fat padding around the pussy, butt and face to survive such “wilding” impregnation violence. The old adage, you can’t rape a black women is true for a reason, they LOVE this and coom dozens of times from this reproductive destruction even when they die. Rape is only rape to human beings. To animals this is normal procreation. The savageness of such acts ensures only the biggest, most brutish and fatest asses donkey bitches pass on their donkey genes. I wasn’t bothered by the nigger gang bang just found the aftermath unrealistic.

>> No.22168302 [DELETED] 

>>22168227
I actually agree with you. I felt like they were trying to push an antiracist antireality idea that what she was doing and getting herself into was not that dangerous, like she could just walk it off the next day lol and her white love interest would simp for her and vacuum out all the nigger cum. Think about the message they are trying to push into the heads of young girls jesus.
There is no way (Mexican) Hitler is not coming back in my lifetime

>> No.22168306

>>22167380
Read Proud Highway, skip any letter you find boring and come back to it later. It should be on libgen/Anna's

>> No.22168985

>>22168052
That's not a coincidence, Derek

>> No.22169010

>>22166354
Is this just political shitflinging? I'm not american, I have no interest in democrat vs. republican tribal warfare.

>> No.22169031

>>22166345
is there another writer who did cocaine everyday?
haven't read a word of him but that's impressive, to do cocaine and still sit down and write anything that wasn't just spamming girls you know

>> No.22170711

>>22167293
gotta watch that kino asap

>> No.22170726

>>22170711
Movie adaptation was total failure, the book is by miles better although quite mediocre slop soaking with boastful hubris of youth. In the later works he's more honest to himself, almost becomes readable, to stretch the point. Campaign trail was good. The rum diaries is a prolonged shitpost abundant with figurative frog.png s , created with aim to bait, to boast and to show how cool and comfy , and edgy ,and anything opposite normies the OP is

>> No.22171928

>>22166354
How does one even get into political publishing, I mean today?

>> No.22172519

>>22170726
Amber Heard was so hot in that movie though that, despite everything we know now, I still would have given up everything I have to pump and dump her one time circa her filming the Rum Diaries era.