[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 29 KB, 599x448, pepe basement.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22133851 No.22133851 [Reply] [Original]

Reading Huxley's books is breaking me inside. I've spent two months going over his works and time period and I just realized my current life is as dystopian as the lives of Brave New World's characters. Seeing utopian picture of Island is the coup de grace. When the characters from BNW are baffled and uncomprehending by reading about births and natural parenthood, lack of sexual repression or individualism, I feel the same when reading about people doing social activities, falling in love or having a community.

My - and many others - life is utterly atomized, there is almost no opportunities or will to go out. I cannot relate to common life events or experiences, they could just as well be relics of time long passed. It hurts to be reminded I'm no human, but there's nothing that can be done. My life is already dystopian, I'd welcome anything resembling Brave New World's in a second.

At least shrooms aleviate the pain for some time.

>> No.22133876

>>22133851
So basically you're saying Huxley should've supported NEET genocide as the precondition for preventing the dystopia?

>> No.22133972

>>22133876
Huxley clearly stated, that it's the normie masses wanting only to consoooom that will bring World Republic unto this Earth. NEETs would be his allies if anything.

>> No.22134367

It's better to read Huxley's nonfiction than the books, they are shit.

>> No.22134447

>>22133851
Wait till you read his brothers works(Julian Huxley)

Honestly just do yourselves a favor and read Perversion of Normality. It’s a very clear cut look at the world rn and how it got that way and where it’s going. It will tie everything yoire talking about nicely. Then start searching for God so that you can obtain the free gift of grace from Jesus Christ.

>> No.22134459

>>22133972
NEETs are the ultimate consoooooomers. Their entire existence is refusing to do work, and demanding to be given free shit. NEETs aren't rebelling against anything but good hygiene.

>> No.22134973

there are still possibilities out there you wretch, our society and its future are shit but you can change, i live in a small-ish city (80k population) and not even a kilometer away from where i am there are hundreds of people going out every day, on friday and saturday i can hear the rumbling and bumblings from my place. change is possible, start with yourself, small actionable steps in the right direction. there are winds of change in our society and bastions of real community. get off the computer, do anything

>> No.22134992

We aren't atomized. Each life is another thread in the tapestry of humanity, all connected.

>> No.22135586

>>22134992
We are not. It's just an illusion that's supposed to make you feel empathy and care for others' well-being, deluding yourself into thinking they will reciprocate and all will benefit. But you won't, the current state of society doesn't support strong relationships among people not living in their close proximity.

>> No.22135592

>>22135586
You aren't thinking on a long enough timeline. I'm not talking about one generation. Reread what I wrote and think for a second.

>> No.22135674

>>22133851
Brave new world isn't a dystopia

>> No.22135683

>>22134459
>just work for soulless corps that wage all out war against humanity

>> No.22135706

>>22133851
>utopian picture of Island
They're both equally eu and dys topian. Island has its own system of eugenics and euthanasia, and drugged conformity.
>Reading Huxley's books is breaking me inside. I've spent two months going over his works
>press X to doubt
X. Nobody bothers with his social novels and the furthest I've seen anyone go beyond bnw, dop/h&h, island is eyeless in Gaza or point counter point.
>but noooo I am le well read and totally not like all the other anon's
This would be an inflation thread if you'd read all his works.