[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 232 KB, 1779x1328, icb - the musical.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22123290 No.22123290 [Reply] [Original]

and where are the books on this massive subject? Where are the authors?

The author would have to not be held back by feelings for the catholic church or ethnic ideologies, since most of the propaganda relates to ethnic consolidation against a larger silent majority; most nations have some form of "we were persecuted" in their pitiable histories also, so no nationalist could write this and no christian either, as the bedrock of the faith is 100% "propaganda fides" and 'bad faith' libel / ad hominem / appeal to audience, etc.

Forgive me, /lit/, I'm considering how it is that 'evil actions' seem to operate from this basis in virtually all instances (of those popular atrocities which did take place, following this recipe of preemptively demonizing the intended victim). It certainly appears this this 'phenomenon' ought have lots of books about it, and then I consider what culture such an author would have to come from to actually be able to see the matter clearly and not be demonized by his culture for stepping on their sacred absurdisms.

I'm down to the USSR for potential candidates and I cannot be fucking bothered to learn Russian.

And is this a western phenomenon? possibly inspired by the religion or habituated to this mentality via the notion of 'fidelity' to untruth? Isn't it queer how academics have persisted in this behavior even in entirely secular liberal climates, for centuries, when freed of the yolk? Is it 'merely' egotism or possibly a gestalt ethnic egotism on the part of mental cripples? Could we cauterize this part of the brain? If we did, what would society be like this? If we attempted, every single contemporary world faction would unite to stop us; each of them being organized and operating upon this protocol - be it conscious or unconscious - in their every action.

Truth is sometimes inactionable.

>> No.22123306

or.. where id it begin is probably an easier question.

The british propaganda against napoleon seems to have been the first instance of this... with the early modern press.... but the thing does trace back to the catholics and the orthodox also, who share in this. As well as the jews.

The press itself is perhaps the history of this.

>> No.22123315

working title: propaganda fides.

>> No.22123406

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victimisation
Do you mean this? Note though that I come from a society where this word, "making yourself out to be a victim" has inherently negative connotation and is sanctioned on the most basic societal level. "you are a victim?", "defend yourself", they will say, and no one will help you.

>> No.22123428

>>22123406
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_playing
this would be more accurate

except out of the interpersonal scope and far more into the broader societal scope where large groups are mobilized on the claim and where the status of the claim is sought in order to mobilize that percentage of persons.

>> No.22123446

>>22123428
Well, I would say that if there's individuals of victims, there is societies of individuals of victims. The strategies those groups work on should be no other than those of their individuals. I repeat, though, the criticism they receive, in a newspaper for example, says no other: that they allow themselves to be victimized, that they tolerate such behaviour, wich summarizes itself in the most common slur here around: "go away from me, you poor miserable dog"

>> No.22123545

>>22123446
I'm not so sure we're talking about the same thing here.