[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 129 KB, 1290x600, 1BF705CF-1D62-43F5-BB59-D054B449ABCD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22084847 No.22084847 [Reply] [Original]

Translate this to understandable English.

>> No.22084855

>>22084847
what the fuck?

>> No.22084868

>>22084847
>Misprision
>defined as neglect or violation of official duty in criminal law
So... How do you misprision a philosophy?

>> No.22084875

>>22084847
so I googled the words and it seems he's saying Knausgaard's work is an expansion of some phenomenology which by nature of being a long text makes certain things explicit just like some other two blokes did with Heidegger and the parallel is that both of these expansions exist because of the authors failure to recognize the value of said philosophies because if they actually understood them they wouldn't be writing about them, or at least not in the way they did
that's my guess at least

>> No.22084877

>>22084868
Classify it as science.

>> No.22084892

>>22084847
>In MY STRUGGLE, Knausgaard imitates two academics shit take on Heidegger; Knausgaard also imitates a famous German author's way seeing the world through symbolic images, but he uses more words, just the two academics did with Heidegger.
Pol Pot was right about academics

>> No.22084916

>>22084892
>two academics

>> No.22084966

>>22084916
Correction
>irrelevant French consciousness explainer

>> No.22085042

>>22084847
>Translate
A child spies a child, frolicking in a meadow holding a daisy full of wonder, he child runs up and snatches the daisy and find quiet spot to frolick an wonder at the daisy, another child does the same thing.

In this instance society is the string of crying infants.

>>22084855
fuck the what?

>> No.22085057

>>22084847
What's a translatable English for you ? Ebonics?

>> No.22085096

>>22085057
what's the difference between American English and Ebonics? Americans speak the Kings like a half-a-retard.

>> No.22085465

>>22084847
Knausgaard adds the body to an analysis of experience and this is agonistic and a prison because Max Lawton is a tranny platonist

>> No.22085478

>>22084847
Holy fuck this guy is a pseudointellectual

>> No.22085488

>>22084847
Hey kiddo, let me tell you something cool! So, there's this guy called Knausgaard who wrote a book called "MY STRUGGLE." In his book, he does something really interesting. He kinda pretends to be another guy named Merleau-Ponty and tries to understand this other guy named Heidegger in a different way. It's like he's playing a game with their ideas.

But wait, it gets even cooler! Knausgaard also brings in some new stuff, like the body and something called the "long take." It's like adding new ingredients to a recipe. You know how Handke does this thing called quick-cut ideogrammatic phenomenology? Well, Knausgaard takes that idea and adds the body and the "long take" to make it even more exciting.

It's like Knausgaard is saying, "Hey, Merleau-Ponty and Heidegger, I see what you guys are doing, but let me show you something different and awesome!" And he does it in a way that makes their ideas even more interesting.

Isn't that pretty neat? Sometimes people take ideas from other people and make them even better by adding new things to them. It's like a big puzzle where everyone adds their own special piece. Cool, right?

>> No.22085513

>>22084847
Here’s the biggest pseud of booktwitter, WASTE, interviewing this loser, Max. Absolutely insufferable interview where they’re stroking their own egos and seeing who can come up with the most meaningless and empty platitude https://youtu.be/ps_d7uGPhFs

>> No.22085518

>Max Lawton is a translator, writer, and musician. Born in Brussels, Belgium, he received his BA in Russian Literature and Culture from Columbia University and his MPhil from Queen's College, Oxford, where his dissertation comparing Céline and Dostoevsky is being published by the O.R.E. Max has translated seven books by Vladimir Sorokin for upcoming publication (TBA): Blue Lard, The Norm, Their Four Hearts, The Sugar Kremlin, Telluria, Dispatches from the District Committee, and Red Pyramid. Max has written two novels and recently worked on a screenplay that’s being made into a feature film in Russia. Max’s band White Nothing has released a tape, Rhine Maidens and Cut Glass, on London label Pressured Speech Productions. He is currently writing his doctoral dissertation on phenomenology and the 20th Century novel at Columbia University, where he also teaches Russian.

>> No.22085588
File: 122 KB, 800x614, 16805343876920.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22085518
>go to America to study Russian

>> No.22085661

ChatGPT: This sentence delves into the themes and techniques employed by the author Karl Ove Knausgaard in his work "My Struggle" (also known as "Min Kamp" in Norwegian). It draws connections between Knausgaard's approach and the philosophical ideas of Maurice Merleau-Ponty and Martin Heidegger, as well as the writing style of Peter Handke.

The phrase "agonistic misprision" refers to Merleau-Ponty's interpretation or reinterpretation of Heidegger's ideas through a lens of conflict or struggle. Merleau-Ponty engages with Heidegger's philosophy and adds his own perspective, often challenging or reimagining Heidegger's concepts.

In this sentence, the critic suggests that Knausgaard, in "My Struggle," is reenacting this agonistic misprision by incorporating and transforming elements from both Merleau-Ponty's and Heidegger's philosophies. The critic further explains that Knausgaard introduces the concept of the body and the "long take" technique, which is typically associated with film, to Handke's quick-cut ideogrammatic phenomenology.

Handke, an Austrian playwright and novelist, is known for his use of fragmented and condensed language to convey meaning through images and symbols, a style referred to as "ideogrammatic phenomenology." Knausgaard, according to the critic, incorporates Handke's approach but expands it by incorporating the body and employing the "long take."

By combining these various influences, the critic suggests that Knausgaard's work engages with both the philosophical ideas of Merleau-Ponty and Heidegger and the stylistic choices of Handke, creating a unique synthesis of these elements in "My Struggle."

>> No.22085968

>>22084847
I'm going to compare a modern popular novel to an obscure philosopher to sound smart. This philosopher, who I had to read in grad school and took up for my thesis work, you probably haven't heard of him, had a take on a notoriously difficult philosopher which I'll use obscure terms to describe, the jargon will emphasize my intelligence: the obscure philosopher challenged ("agonistic") the well-known difficult philosopher and understood his hidden tricks ("misprison"); it's very subversive and you can see how this reflects on me as a fellow rebel and you should be impressed by how nested my thought is. I will now throw out the name of the popular author again and emphasize that it is dense in it's treatment of another related obscure philosopher that deals with the same ideas as the former obscure philosopher I read in grad school (aren't I smart for connecting the two) --but I'll do this by making two unecessary analogies instead of stating it. (I'm sure you get what I'm saying because it's not like I'm aware of the aloofness that betrays just how intellectual and smart I am).