[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 39 KB, 200x256, l-ron-hubbard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2203566 No.2203566 [Reply] [Original]

Are there any good books by L. Ron Hubbard that don't relate to Scientology? I'm asking this because my local book store has a huge section on Hubbard and the majority of the books are less than $6.

>> No.2203567

Never actually seen a pic of this asshole before.

He looks like a this really passive aggressive friend my buddy knows.

Geez this guy looks like a grease ball bastard.

>> No.2203573

>>2203567
Agreed, he looks like a fat Anders Behring Breivik.

>> No.2203576
File: 60 KB, 200x200, goldfinger04.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2203567
He looks like a 007 villain.

>> No.2203707

Most of it is pretty pulpy. It's decent if you're looking for something fun, but keep in mind, his endings are HORRIBLE, but they're often funny enough.

Fear: Decent enough horror novel. Troll ending. The guy realizes he killed his wife and neighbor because he thought they were cheating on him and everything that happened in the book was in his imagination

Typewriter in the Sky: Pretty lame book. A writer makes his friend a character in his novel and the person, in real life, disappears into the novel's world. Troll ending. He realizes that his friend is god or something

Death's Deputy: A short, pretty fun book. Someone figures out he can't die, but everyone around him ends up dying. Troll ending guy decides to kill himself to save his wife, but then finds out that his wife was immune to his curse or some shit

It's been awhile since I read these, and I'm pretty sure I read another that I'm forgetting about, but yeah, decent pulp fiction, hilariously shitty endings.

>> No.2203771

>>2203707
Ya those three are the one that are worth reading.
I would also throw in Final Blackout.

>> No.2203775

>>2203576
he looks like the bad guy from Dune who got his nipples ripped off and was eaten by the sandworm