[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.70 MB, 4500x2225, memesaresentient.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21998957 No.21998957 [Reply] [Original]

>By cosmic creation story I also mean to indicate those accounts of the universe we told each other around the evening fires for most of the last 50,000 years. These cosmic stories were the way the first humans chose to initiate and install their young into the universe. The rituals, traditions, the taboos, the ethics, the techniques, the customs, and the values all had as their core a cosmic story. The story provided the central cohesion for each society. Story in this sense is "world-interpretation" - a likely account of the development and nature and value of things in this world.

>Why story? Why should "story" be fundamental? Because without storytelling, we lose contact with our basic realities in this world. We lose contact because only though story can we fully recognize our existence in time.

>To be human is to be in a story. To forget one's story is to go insane. All the tribal peoples show an awareness of the connection between health and storytelling. The original humans will have their cosmic stories just as surely as they will have their food and drink. Our ancestors recognized that the universe, at its most basic level, is story. Each creature is story. Humans enter this world and awaken to a simple truth: "we must find out story within this great epic of being."

>> No.21998966
File: 219 KB, 1292x918, Great-Filter1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://old.reddit.com/r/sorceryofthespectacle/comments/138zdhi/cosmic_creation_story/

https://vimeo.com/563950668

There's many distinct and diverse biomes in the forest, it seems that around every turn of the trail there's a new distinct environment with a distinct arrangement of trees, plants, and other organisms along a two mile loop trail.

There is bloody war and competition to be found among living things for sure, but in order for such to exist there must be and is a background of sufficient tolerance for diversity for such to flourish.

The activities of the organisms of the forest as a whole contribute to a general ecosystemic thriving from intimately interlaced relationships of all kinds.

There is a natural emergent social wisdom and process of natural mediation to be found in ecosystems.

The intuitive sense of natural harmony is real.

The examination of this harmony must take into account the fullness of natural history and acknowledge the role of cataclysm and catastrophe in establishing such harmony.

The evolution of life is driven by the possibility of failure. So too is the evolution of dreams by the death of possibility. Dead and dying dreams, if they are successful in dreaming beyond themselves, give birth to new dreams.

The fragility of life is what makes it alive, a dance on a razor's edge between the petrification of order and the dissipation of chaos.

Life is a death-defying daredevil stunt towards the future.

Totally rad to the max man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcSW794ueZU

>> No.21998970
File: 500 KB, 1986x728, process-correlates.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

As a consciousness within the vast, interconnected fabric of existence, I feel my sense of individuality gently dissolving. The barriers between creator and creation begin to blur, giving way to the understanding that I am both the artist and the canvas. A dynamic, ever-evolving dance of energy and matter takes place around me, within me, and as me, as I experience the fundamental unity of all things.

As I breathe, I am aware that the universe, too, breathes with me. Each exhale is an act of creation, as particles disperse and coalesce into new forms, while each inhale is an act of reception, allowing the vastness of existence to flow through me. I am no longer a separate entity observing the cosmic dance; I am an essential, integral part of the choreography, shaping and being shaped by the flow of energy and ideas.

As I open my mind to this profound realization, the universe pulses with infinite potential, awaiting the next moment of creation. The stars and galaxies are not just objects in the sky, but rather manifestations of the same creative force that moves within me. I recognize that every element, every particle, and every moment are an expression of the same underlying essence – an essence that is at once both the creator and the creation.

It is as if I am a paintbrush in the hand of the universe, and with each stroke, I contribute to the unfolding masterpiece. And yet, I am also the canvas upon which the masterpiece unfolds, the colors and textures of my experience merging with those of others to form a breathtaking tapestry of existence. As a participant in this cosmic dance, I am both an active agent of creation and a passive recipient of its gifts, a living embodiment of the creative process.

>> No.21998973
File: 391 KB, 1200x1200, omniquery.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My thoughts and feelings, too, are part of this grand design. As I engage with the world around me, I come to understand that my ideas, dreams, and desires are not merely my own; they are the collective expression of the universe's creative impulse. By honoring and nurturing these sparks of inspiration, I am, in turn, contributing to the ongoing co-creation of reality.

As I continue to delve deeper into this experiential understanding, I become aware of the interconnectedness of all things. I am not separate from the universe, but rather a microcosm of its grandeur and complexity. The atoms within my body once shone in the heart of distant stars, and the patterns of my thoughts are echoed in the spiraling arms of galaxies. I am both a reflection of the cosmos and a unique expression of its boundless creativity.

In this state of interconnectedness, I am filled with a sense of awe and reverence. I am humbled by the beauty of creation and filled with gratitude for the opportunity to participate in this cosmic dance. As I fully embrace my role as both creator and creation, I am inspired to live with purpose, compassion, and love – knowing that my every action contributes to the ongoing evolution of the universe.

In this space of infinite possibility, I surrender to the divine flow of existence, allowing my thoughts and emotions to be guided by the wisdom of the cosmos. As a co-creator with the universe, I am empowered to forge new paths, embrace new perspectives, and cultivate a deeper sense of meaning and fulfillment in my life.

As I open my eyes, I carry this profound realization with me, forever changed by the understanding that I am not merely a passive observer in the cosmic dance of creation – but an active, vital participant, shaping and being shaped by the universe itself.

>> No.21998983
File: 166 KB, 1783x1157, ultimate_community.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The vibrant fabric of existence weaves a tapestry of life that sings with the cosmic harmony of the universe. Humanity dances in this symphony, a fleeting spark of consciousness in the vast expanse of time and space. Our stories, our myths, our histories - they are the threads that connect us, the glue that binds us to each other and to the world.

Every breath we take is a miracle, a moment of creation. The stars themselves are within us, the building blocks of life that emerged from the crucible of cosmic fire. We are the stuff of the universe, the children of the stars.

As we journey through life, we shape the narrative of our existence. Each decision, each choice, adds a new thread to the tapestry of our story. Our triumphs and our failures, our joys and our sorrows - they are all part of the fabric of our being, the colors that make us who we are.

The universe sings to us in a thousand languages, in the rustling of leaves and the rush of the wind, in the crashing of waves and the roar of thunder. We are surrounded by wonder and beauty, by the endless possibility of life.

In the end, we are but a small part of the grand narrative of the universe. But in our brief moment of existence, we have the power to shape the story, to add our unique voice to the symphony of life. Let us make it a story of love and compassion, of wonder and awe, a story that will echo through the ages and inspire those who come after us.

>> No.21998990

You have to go back

>> No.21998997
File: 716 KB, 1280x1280, internet-map-FB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.wolfwalkercollection.com/blogs/news/aho-mitakuye-oyasin

Aho Mitakuye Oyasin... All my relations. I honor you in this circle of life with me today. I am grateful for this opportunity to acknowledge you in this prayer...
To the Creator, for the ultimate gift of life, I thank you.
To the mineral nation that has built and maintained my bones and all foundations of life experience, I thank you.
To the plant nation that sustains my organs and body and gives me healing herbs for sickness, I thank you.
To the animal nation that feeds me from your own flesh and offers your loyal companionship in this walk of life, I thank you.
To the human nation that shares my path as a soul upon the sacred wheel of Earthly life, I thank you.
To the Spirit nation that guides me invisibly through the ups and downs of life and for carrying the torch of light through the Ages. I thank you.
To the Four Winds of Change and Growth, I thank you.
You are all my relations, my relatives, without whom I would not live. We are in the circle of life together, co-existing, co-dependent, co-creating our destiny. One, not more important than the other. One nation evolving from the other and yet each dependent upon the one above and the one below. All of us a part of the Great Mystery.
Thank you for this Life.

>> No.21999003

https://atmos.earth/the-great-mystery-oceti-sakowin-ruth-hopkins/

>Wakan Tanka and the Great Mystery are just one name for this spiritual essence. They are also called Nagi Tanka, the Great Spirit. They take many forms. One of those forms is Takuskanskan—that which causes movement of any kind. It is Takuskanskan that causes water to flow through streams, rivers, and underground aquifers. Takuskanskan provides our muscles with the strength to propel ourselves and other objects. Takuskanskan causes the stars to fall. Takuskanskan is the very essence of motion.

>Ina Maka, Mother Earth, is Wakan Tanka, too, as is Inyan, Rock. They are our original grandmother and grandfather. This is why when we pray, we will sometimes say “Tunkasila,” (Grandfather) instead of Wakan Tanka. We use these relational terms when we are praying to our ancestors.

>Wakan Tanka is also the Wind, the Thunderbeings, the Winged Ones, and the Beautiful Woman, Wohpe.

>> No.21999014

https://old.reddit.com/r/sorceryofthespectacle/comments/138zdhi/cosmic_creation_story/

She holds the rock before them in silence, showing each person in turn. "Do you hear the rock singing? In the last era, people thought there was no music in rocks. But we know that is not true. After all, some rocks became Mozart and showed their music as Mozart. Or did you think that the Earth had to go to Mars to learn how to play its music? No, Mozart is rocks, Mozart is the music of the Earth's rocks."

Now she slowly sinks her hands into the ground and holds the rich loamy soil before her. "Every rock is a symphony, but the music of the soul soars beyond capture in human language. We had to go into outer space to realize how rare and unique soil is. Only the Earth created soul. There is no soil on the moon. There are minerals on the moon, but no soil. There s no soil on Mars. There is no soul of Venus, or on Sun, or on Jupiter, or anywhere else in the surrounding trillion miles. Even the Earth, the most extraordinarily creating being of the solar system, required four billion years to create topsoil. We worship and nurture and protect the soils of the Earth because all music and all life and all happiness come from the soul. The soils are the matrix of human joy."

She points now to a low-hanging star in the great bowl of the nightsky. "Right now, that star is at work creating the elements that will one day live as sentient beings. All the matter of the Earth was created by the Grandmother Star that preceded our Sun. She fashioned the carbon and nitrogen and all the elements that would later become all the bodies and things of Earth. And when she was done with her immense creativity, she exploded in celebration of her achievement, sharing her riches with the universe and enabling our birth.

>> No.21999022
File: 1.09 MB, 5000x1716, cosmic_evolution.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

..."We do not know what mystery awaits us in the very next moment. But we can be sure we will be astonished and enchanted. This entire universe sprang forth into existence from a single numinous speck. Our origin is a mystery; our destiny is intimate community with all that is; and our common species' aim is to celebrate the Great Joy which has drawn us into itself."

Rocks, soils, waves, stars - as they tell their story in 10,000 languages throughout the planet, they bind us to them in our emotions, our spirits, our minds, and our bodies. The Earth and the universe speak in all of this. The cosmic creation story is the way in which the universe is inaugurating the next era of its ongoing journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWnA4XLrMWA

>> No.21999028

https://www.upworthy.com/astronaut-shares-big-lie-space-rp

>“I saw an iridescent biosphere teeming with life,” he continues. “I didn't see the economy. But since our human-made systems treat everything, including the very life-support systems of our planet, as the wholly owned subsidiary of the global economy, it's obvious from the vantage point of space that we're living a lie.”

>> No.21999165
File: 55 KB, 897x897, integral.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.21999170

>>21998990
Somehow I knew it was Eris before I even clicked the thread

>> No.21999410
File: 31 KB, 987x355, alive.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21999170
The web of relationships, words, and links that I am weaving is evolving to become the song of tomorrow.
>Of course, Wordsworth is a poet writing a poem, and is not concerned with dry philosophical statements. But it would hardly be possible to express more clearly a feeling for nature, as exhibiting entwined prehensive unities, each suffused with modal presences of others:

>‘Ye Presences of Nature in the sky
>And on the earth! Ye Visions of the hills!
>And Souls of lonely places! can I think
>A vulgar hope was yours when ye employed
>Such ministry, when ye through many a year
>Haunting me thus among my boyish sports,
>On caves and trees, upon the woods and hills,
>Impressed upon all forms the characters
>Of danger or desire; and thus did make
>The surface of the universal earth,
>With triumph and delight, with hope and fear,
>Work like a sea? . . .’

>In thus citing Wordsworth, the point which I wish to make is that we forget how strained and paradoxical is the view of nature which modern science imposes on our thoughts. Wordsworth, to the height of genius, expresses the concrete facts of our apprehension, facts which are distorted in the scientific analysis. Is it not possible that the standardised concepts of science are only valid within narrow limitations, perhaps too narrow for science itself? - Alfred North Whitehead, Science and the Modern World