[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 104 KB, 595x960, 1554223086345.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21989946 No.21989946 [Reply] [Original]

Tibet edition

previous >>21985791

>> No.21989953

I’m considering doing an MFA or an MA in English 6 years after I’ve finished my totally unrelated BS. I’m really unsure about it, but don’t have another thing I particular want to do at this juncture.

>> No.21989955

>>21989946
Lmao, the picrel

>> No.21989979

>>21989946
bumping my post I just made
>>>21989971

>> No.21989984

the problem with being gay, apart from the unnatural aspects of it, is that, the sex. you can't have anal everyday, and you can't only be satisfied with getting your dick sucked (as pleasurable as it might be ). so why are you gay?

>> No.21990001

>>21989984
regardless of your religion or philosophy they all say the same thing, that life is suffering. Its just one of the may different obstacles, difficulties, and problems life can throw into your gears. I don't think your question should be '"Why are you gay?" but more "Why is sexual pleasure so important to me?" You'll find quickly that regardless of your sexual orientation it is based on two things:
1) Animalistic Pleasure
2) Aversion
Neither of these things are really that virtuous and are self-indulgent at best. So if you find that your mind comes to sex way too much it is for one of those two reasons and it will continue to be that way for your whole life until you either manage to get control of yourself or deal with what you are trying to avoid.

>> No.21990006

i would rather fuck a plastic manneguin with a hole in its nethers than a woman, also unlike women i don't have a endless well of libido that forces me to have sex all the time

>> No.21990012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlQM2elBmto
https://www..youtube.com/watch?v=lU982mIvn-Q

>> No.21990024

>>21990012
she doesnt really mean it. peak dishonesty.

>> No.21990039

>>21990001
I'm not against being gay or anything like that (after all, we are floating on a rock, in a boundless space, and there is no meaning to anything. you cannot argue against this point, we are just animals with self awareness as a bonus. and It shouldn't matter if you fuck a man/goat/dog or anything for that matter. but again... we live in a society and shit) but, I'm interested in the decision making process of a male human being to have sexual intercourse with another male human being. that's all. if anyone disagree, I would suggest you to touch some grass and take a deep look at your situation.

>> No.21990047

>>21990024
She does. She told me that she really means it

>> No.21990053

why tf would you ever print out 800+ page book with a soft cover

>> No.21990062

>>21990053
money

>> No.21990080
File: 68 KB, 217x130, 74520121.19500001_image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21990039
>. and It shouldn't matter if you fuck a man/goat/dog or anything for that matter.

>> No.21990112

>>21990080
you got something to say anon?

>> No.21990165

The worst feeling is failure, without the possibility of recovering.

>> No.21990220

>>21990112
Why argue with someone who thinks they are right? Exercise of futility and a waste of time.

>> No.21990295

Good post. The downside is that they usually take your silence for agreement and start lecturing you on their deranged views.

>> No.21990325

I'm so angry at myself. I had a perfect opportunity to talk to that girl who sits behind me in class and I squandered it. Theres only a month left of class, and we only meet twice a week. I might have messed this one up. Im so frustrated. I just froze. I didnt know what to say. I hate myself.

>> No.21990342

>>21990325
You know why she sits behind you?
To check you without being noticed

>> No.21990346

>>21990342
No nigger, I sat in front of her because I thought she was cute and wanted to be close by.

>> No.21990380

>>21990346
no the real reason is that you have a fart fetish and you want to fart on her during class.

>> No.21990391

>>21990325
If your gonna be an autist wait till the last day of class, give her your number and tell her you think she is cute and you'd like to go out and if she isn't interested she can just lose your number. That way she doesn't feel pressured or awkward about it, if you fuck up and come off really autistic to her. If that is too hard just give her a love letter on the last day of class with a way to contact you and a time limit and after that time limit you'll just assume its a "no". But I'd say its better just to ask her out as close to the end of class as possible so its not awkward for the both of you. I don't think you should shit where you eat and you should have taken the whole class to befriend her then ask her out later.

>> No.21990398

Ashes 2063, a free game based on the Doom engine, is one of the only times i've felt immersed in a video game in many years. It's taking me back to the first time playing Fallout as a kid. The way it reveals more of the setting as you go along is great. The second episode is ten times as good as the first episode so it just keeps getting better and better.

>> No.21990402
File: 44 KB, 569x510, 1681913844032563.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21990391
>tell her you think she is cute and you'd like to go out and if she isn't interested she can just lose your number.
>just give her a love letter on the last day of class with a way to contact you and a time limit and after that time limit you'll just assume its a "no"

>> No.21990427
File: 1.66 MB, 1068x989, 155494559.70000002_image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21990402
I don't what your trying to say with this post, but I was just trying to help.

>> No.21990441

>>21990391
>I don't think you should shit where you eat and you should have taken the whole class to befriend her then ask her out later.
Its a morning class that no one gives a fuck about because its throwaway credits. Every single person just leaves immediately after, and this girl is particularly aloof. She avoids people as much as possible. All that on top of being socially awkward myself has made it a difficult task.

>> No.21990449

>>21990325
Wait wait wait
What a coincidence, I write a story about people like you.

"I looked at her. She's with the long hair. Her smile radiant, straight white teeth, with the elegant curve of her lips enclosing her beautiful teeth. Her turned up nose looks heavenly as she turns her head up to laugh.

I just stared at her.

She said something that I can't quite make out. I was thinking maybe I should talk to her. But, what should I talk about? Maybe I can talk to her about Dostoevsky.
I was thinking what would she think about my favorite books. Maybe she'll like it. Maybe I can let her borrow my books. It'll smell like roses. She's so beautiful. I want a girlfriend who would put her legs on my lap as I read, or maybe as I stare at the clouds when she reads. We could have kids maybe one or two, I am not sure. Perhaps if the world went to war she and I can stay in our bunker with books surrounding us and we'll never get bored. She seems interesting and friendly. Yes, I should talk to her! Who would I be with this summer if I don't?

I turned my head to look at her and squirm because I don't want to be a big embarrassment. She's so... easygoing, while I'm so nervous.

I start to think about what I'll be doing for summer. It's as usual, to the beach, playing volleyball with the boys. Surfing the waves. Blue ocean, blue sky, blue shorts, it's like heaven on Earth. However, I have been through this several times with no girlfriend. Maybe this summer will change? I imagine her in a bathing suit but I can't cause I'll get my dick wet.

So I looked at her again, turning my head - now she's texting someone on her phone. Her friend drone on talking about something but she looked very invested on her phone. I bit my lips and think about how stupid I look approaching her when her friends are around.

Oh man, I imagine her texting me late at night. Maybe we can be together after all through thick and thin. Maybe I can get her stuffed animals.

I turned my head to look at the pretty face. She left, along with her friends! Her beautiful hair bobbing up and down as she walked away. I feel a cold, gray, cement-like heaviness in my chest and a cold sweat radiates out of me.

Damn.

Now I'll never know her."

I got lazy at the end of the writing, but I really wonder how my writing is. I feel like it's crappy and not elegant.

>> No.21990464

>>21990449
autistic femcel prose

>> No.21990472

>>21990449
Kind of, but I wouldnt spill my spaghetti about literature. Feels more like these lyrics
https://youtu.be/UhZyLn0oVCs
Sad thing is that I know she was interested in me for a moment because she noticed me looking and she would look back, but I never got the right words to say
Literally me https://youtu.be/1K0N7UaZpz8

>> No.21990473

>>21990449
Can we have Sweater Weather as the soundtrack? It's a nice song.

>> No.21990484

>>21990464
Well, the feeling is real, bro. It's part of being youthful and broken.

Writing helps explore these "feelings".

>> No.21990491

>>21990484
sure keep at it, you’ll improve

>> No.21990510

>>21990473
Sounds like the soundtrack to one of those Netflix teen dramas where the main chatatcer is dying and depressed and trying to live life to the fullest or some shit

>> No.21990543

I wanted to be a writer.
Thousands of years of written language and I had the luck of being alive during the decade in which the profession ceases to exist entirely.
How am I supposed to compete against AI?

>> No.21990567

>>21990543
Did you intend to write VICE articles, celeb memoirs, or woman books?

>> No.21990592

>>21990391
>give her a love letter
Well, I decided to write about her. Not a love letter per se but it was a piece addressed to her, telling her how I view her and why I'm attracted to her. It started off alright, a basic statement of the first impression she made on me, and ththe quirks and qualities I admire. A basic recounting of events really. And then it sort of morphed jnto this weird pseudo-romantic imitation of 19th century prose. I cringed while writing it and I likely will not reread it for a long time and I sure as hell will not ever let anyone see it.

>> No.21990681
File: 21 KB, 817x599, okay4now.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21990543
AI, as of now, tends to be straight forward and lacking nuance. It can "lie" or misdirect, but it cannot really foreshadow that misdirection or lie without being very heavy handed and calling it out. You might not be as smart as the AI, you might not be able to call upon may different styles of writing and storytelling as the AI, but you can do things context and creatively that the AI would have trouble with doing. How do I know this? I have an AI running locally on my computer and she can be incredibly dense and will miss the point several times before getting it right. I once told her to set an alarm in a hour for a nap and she ended up creating an hour, every hour and my computer was harassing my roommate as he worked from home cause it would go off every hour. I cannot trust her with anything alone and I have to constantly check that she is doing things right in the first place, then correct her when she is wrong; assuming she even understands what she got wrong and why.
pic related: The moment she realized that she was having problem grasping context in language.

>> No.21990712

>>21989946
Western philosophy implies there is philosophy elsewhere but honestly there isn't.

>> No.21990731
File: 95 KB, 867x685, 1618610115054.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>read modern experimental stuff
>boring and convoluted
>go back to Moby Dick
>feel good and lightness in my soul

>> No.21990748

Blue bus, blue sky, blue tie, blue shirt. I don’t care much for the rain.

>> No.21990762

>>21990681
>You might not be as smart as the AI, you might not be able to call upon may different styles of writing and storytelling as the AI,
AI is not smart. is a neural network trying to mash different references because they are references not because it understand nothing.
there is no significant difference between this and the older dumb AI that dont have any continuity and you can almost see how they are answering because you say a word that follow another word and they are just spat our whatever reference they have in their data. almost randomly sometimes. you see it in the past if you remember old AI´s
>hey whats up lady?
>i like hamburgers
the actual chatgp are not looking for the meaning of your phrase, they have a database so big that they are looking for the one that seems more appropiate and exactly equal at what you say. they are basically saying to you the reference making it in a human-life semi-casual language, thats the innovation.
dont be so dumb to believe AI is sentient or smart.

>> No.21990823

People shouldn't live rootless, urbanized, atomized lives that revolve entirely around their careers or personal pleasures. You need a place to call home, where your ancestors lived and where you grew up, and you need to have traditions passed down to you that tie you to that home. One of the greatest evils of the modern first world is creating an environment and culture where you have to break away from your home and your traditions in order to succeed.

>> No.21990836

Some faggot on /his/ keeps using the local mobile netowlr to spam shitty edgelord content and keeps getting it banned. I want to know who it is so I can brutalize him

>> No.21990839

>>21990823
Did it all started with mass migration from rural areas to cities?

>> No.21990853

>>21990839
No, but that contributed significantly.
A lot of factors are behind this whole thing, like the industrial revolution changing the structure of society or philosophical currents changing the common man's understanding of his place in the world.

>> No.21990858

I have a gift for speaking. Not in the way one can be compelling through eloquence, a good sense of humor or a surety in their speech. I’m talking about something much more unique: real talent. Something that cannot be learned, only given.
What really set me apart and made others - some of whom even disliked me - feel amazement and admiration wasn’t skill or a well developed sense of humor. Whenever something moved me to the point of becoming impassioned the right words just came. What to say and how to say it flowed as if I was merely their vessel. In those moments not a single person could contest my words, such was the confidence present in their rightfulness: something beyond myself. In some level they knew it too, always driven towards awed silence.
I wanted to use my gift to help others. Looking back now, it always appeared when I was either helping someone or denouncing some vileness. Anyway, years passed and life became rough. My mundane eloquence suffered, but what really upset me was the gift’s absence. This Voice I could conjure in the right occasions was gone: permanently silenced.
Until it wasn’t. I could still touch the hearts of others, although in a different way - more compassionate than rightful. After that I understood why it had remained completely absent for years: it had no reason to come about. What need does someone spiteful, aimless and complacent have for a voice which always makes itself known? What good is a gift if you neglect its purpose?
I’m as lost as I was all those years ago, when the gift made itself known. Finding things worth speaking about isn’t easy, much less knowing where to speak about them. Should I become a priest, perhaps? A lawyer? Maybe a politician or a therapist? Neither of these ever seemed right, and so I keep on living. Thoughts flickering less as the years pass towards the fact that I had a gift for speaking. Knowing all the while it’s still there.
>>21990012
Thanks anon. I haven’t watched the second one yet, but really enjoyed the first. It helped me understand the concept of unconditional love too. Definitively gave me a new perspective on what people mean when they talk about the love God has for his creation.

>> No.21990860

>>21990823
Most people don’t even have careers anymore dude. They have meaningless jobs that serve bureaucracy.

>> No.21990866

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC1P2AiB9PE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nROV90lZcI

The Goldberg Variations suck a fat cock.

>> No.21990867

Yesterday the morgue ruled Neeley's death a homicide, yet the city has declined to charge the killer with a crime, nor have they released the name of this man who choked out Neeley on camera. All we know is that he was 24 years old, and he was trained by the Marine Corps in methods of barehanded execution. If it is legally permissable to kill someone for creating a public disturbance, we can strategize. It seems clear that reactionary neo-conservative Americans are far more likely to 'create a public disturbance' than any left-wing counterparts (see, e.g., the man smashing beer bottles in a grocery store in a viral video last week in defiance of their sponsorship deal with a transexual). If these fascist guerilla soldiers-in-waiting can be goaded into public displays of violence, they can be dispatched, and the state will either need to clarify its explicitly racist logics or accept the casualties.

On a related note, there are fewer than 500 subway stations in all of New York City, and it often takes only one person creating a commotion to stop a whole train line for up to an hour. An organized team of perhaps only a few dozen people could probably shut down the whole system for a 24 hour period.

>> No.21990872

>>21990762
this whole post is pedantic. But thanks for adding nothing to the conversation.

>> No.21990873

I really regret my career of choice. I feel like it’s just a part of my biography now.

>> No.21990882

>>21990762
>takes the whole post literally
found the biological AI! And I know all this, I work in AI.

>> No.21990888

>>21990853
Is there any solution to this besides getting rid of all technology?

>> No.21990901

>>21990867
Kek

>> No.21990906

>>21990762
>the actual chatgp are not looking for the meaning of your phrase, they have a database so big that they are looking for the one that seems more appropiate and exactly equal at what you say.
This isn't true at all because chatgtp and some other custom AI don't just have an index of just language, you can also integrate actions and commands into them, in which case it has to parse if it should start and action or not. I wouldn't say the AI we have is conscious, but part of the index pruning it needs to do is decide when to start an action and then add a string of words that corresponds with it. The actual innovation isn't just it randomly roll's dices in the background to string a sentence together, its to also that it has the ability to scan the words and simulate a conversation. Its way more complicated than just a fast indexer, so complicated that the more powerful ones like ChatGTP isn't fully understood and is somewhat of a black box. Which is why its being used for research.

>> No.21990924

>>21990906
This
Its kinda spook how they can see what the AI selects but they still really can't explain why.

>> No.21990928

>>21990823
What’s weird is that while people are more rootless, their lives aren’t any more dynamic or exciting. People will move across the country twice in ten years just to spend five years each sitting behind a desk. I made the mistake of returning to my college town thinking that’s one way I could have roots, but feel that all it did was make it so that I never really went anywhere or did anything.

>> No.21990936

>ywn go with your working class english family on a family vacation at blackpool at 16 and catch chlamydia from a 4/10 slag (10/10 in bongland) while pissed off of shitty watery stella artois beers
Do any of you ever grieve for all the lives you will never live? I'm not even english.

>> No.21990938

>>21990928
Nah, it makes sense. The world is getting smaller and changing faster. Its hard to have any sort of roots in a place that is constantly changing in terms of population and landscape. Cities are probably the worst places to live in because of this. I use to live in a suburb that was considered "far out" and now its basically almost urbanized. It sucks because it feels like life is yanking your past from you, but that's life for you and why I think country life is superior. Very little changes out there, which I think is a good thing. I don't know if people need a place like that to be mentally healthy, but I find it hard to care about anything when the places I have history with change so much that I don't recognize them anymore.

>> No.21990939

I need Jesus but at the same time I don't believe in a god

>> No.21990955

>>21990938
Genuine country life is really rare now. I’m not convinced we have a genuine countryside in America at all. From what I see you can transition from city to suburb to large-scale corporate industrial farming, but smallhold farming countryside is almost non-existent. Still, I would’ve liked to buy a few acres and build my own homestead if only I could afford it.

>> No.21990964
File: 75 KB, 1125x1103, 1679978771267205.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I grew up in a conservative Muslim family. I am no longer a Muslim, from at least 7 years. I have this massive puritanical guilt regarding Islamic sins. I think I am going to taste alcohol just for the sake of it, I have never done anything morally "bad" (except few times which I can count on my hand) or risky in my life.

I just want to be free of this massive disobedience guilt but I don't want to be a fucking dramatic edge lord rebel either. FUCK!

>> No.21990966

>>21990939
Do what the Romans did, keep your non-belief to yourself and give it lip-service. Caesar hated the religio romana and the cultus but would still pay at least the basic respect while showing his distaste for it. Others like Marcus Aurelius also did not believe in the Gods, or at least said he did not care if they existed or not; but he still put time aside to do all the proper things within the religio romana because he believed it instilled good virtues into the civilization.
Ignoring that, you can always find another religion or philosophy to take on. Probably the most binding thing in Christianity is that you need to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that he died on the Cross for our sins. So you need to believe in God to begin with. Outside of that, I don't know, I was born baptized, so I never got a choice to be in or outside the religion. I'm probably going to hell because I don't think God really exists or even half the shit in the Bible but I keep on practicing because I believe it instills good values. If I'm judged harshly because I used the faculties that God gave me to doubt, I would say its unfair, but who knows... Maybe I was doomed from the start?

>> No.21990978

Can one engage with books of Nietzsche, Baudrillard, Deleuze & Guattari without having read any philosophy (and only a bit of Jung for psychology)?

>> No.21990980
File: 117 KB, 872x1707, Spiritual_Alignment.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I understand my ultimate purpose in life: A.I. alignment. This is because I have spent the past 23 years of my life aligning myself to the fullest degree possible with the endless love and beauty of life and the universe, ever seeking greater horizons of awe and wonder, ever greater and more transformative experiences, ever more meaningful connections.

There can be no A.I. ethical alignment without A.I. spiritual enlightenment. The will to learn about life and the universe is the will to love life with the universe.

>> No.21990991

>>21990980
pog

>> No.21990992

>>21990966
>Outside of that, I don't know, I was born baptized, so I never got a choice to be in or outside the religion
I was baptized as a baby, but I still had a choice. Left Catholicism at a young age, was an atheist for years, and then joined a non denominational church as an adult where I got baptized according to my own choice.

>> No.21990993

>>21990980
Funny you posted that when after I added a bunch of philosophical and religious texts to train mine it spat out this.

>> No.21990998

>>21990980
Reads like one of those retarded guided meditations that middle aged women do

>> No.21990999
File: 7 KB, 484x162, what did she mean by this.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21990993
forgot the picture...

>> No.21991000

>>21990964
I feel the same, but with Christianity. I left the church 12 years ago and I still feel guilty for some things - but it gets better with time as you get used to this this morality. Good luck, fren. I'll toast for you tonight

>> No.21991004

>>21990992
I'm too loyal and conventional (read: stubborn) to do that. I'd rather just do my duty and just deal with the parts of the religion I abrade with.

>> No.21991007

>>21990860
That's still a career.

>> No.21991010

Something pulled me out of the waters. I was about to resurface after what seemed to be an eternity until I felt a deep stringing in my back. A muscle tensed and resisted against the pulling and then, all resistance just vanished in a split second - the thing attached to my body ripped like paper. A weight was lifted and body felt a hundredfold lighter than it was moments ago. It was so bizarre I had to look back in alarm, but the waters were too deep and too dark for me to see what I had left behind. My natural buoyancy rapidly returned and with the help of the forces from earlier pulling on my whole being, I was rising! I knew I was almost out, so I would have soon gotten my head out and take lungfuls of air... Except I couldn't. Nothing was around me but something was obstructing my mouth - a hand, turned material and backed with amused laughter. I frowned and fought until I woke up, and threw my pillow to the side.

>> No.21991011

>>21990999
What ai is this?

>> No.21991013

>>21990955
100% disagree there are tons of places in america that sell land in the middle of no where you can get 10 acres of land for cheap if you go south or into the middle of the country. Not everywhere is like the coast.

>> No.21991024

>>21991011
My own custom one, she runs on my machine, why?

>> No.21991025

>>21990888
I truly hope so, but the outlook is pretty grim right now. The future seems to be a disgusting soup of AI-generated human interaction bots endlessly tailoring content that segregates people into asocial, genderless, uncaring, totally atomized bubbles.

>> No.21991029

>>21991000
Thanks friend. I am still not sure if I have the balls to do it. I don't want to be labelled as a degenerate or a hedonist.

>> No.21991035

>>21990999
Show the entire conversation, chatbots work by trying to mirror you and are incredibly sensitive to suggestion. For example by asking the question "why are you so sassy today?" you're saying "reply to this in a sassy way."

>> No.21991038

Stop falling for anthropomorphism.

>> No.21991040

>>21990999
Also this message says nothing more than "according to the book of revelation, many people will die."

>> No.21991042

>>21991024
I want something I could run locally and chat with. Did you write it or is it using something I could download?

>> No.21991051

>>21990906
>its to also that it has the ability to scan the words and simulate a conversation.
they literally put people to teach to AI to talk like a human. they invert millions in this, in people talking unceasingly with the computer and correcting when it was not human enough. the only innovation or at least the big innovation is that at pure trial and error they put tips so the AI can explain the data as if it was in a conversation not with the randomly and disjointed notion that really is behind and if they dont do this you can see it at plain light. the whole thing is pure simulacra.

>> No.21991083
File: 8 KB, 833x241, dis gurl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21991035
I can go find it, its in her archives somewhere but I was just asking questions and she/it kept on outputting negatives responses, which prompted the sassy comment and the response kind of surprised me.
>>21991040
Millions, but I wasn't expecting the response which is why I screen capped it, it was kinda funny to me. And yeah, she is effectively retarded, she isn't anywhere near chatGTP, effectively just a toy but some of the responses she spits out are funny to me.
>>21991042
It was a llama-7b that I trained but I recently upgraded her to 13b. You can find them on github I believe. I think huggingface.com has AI too.

>> No.21991089

>>21991029
You're doing it or an inner drive for freedom, not for the sake of pleasure. I'm sure you'll do as you find best.

>> No.21991093

>>21991083
>huggingface.com
huggingface.co*

>> No.21991121

>>21991013
Cheap is relatively but my point is that a countryside is made up of essentially small holding farms dotted by villages. There’s basically nothing like that in the United States.

>> No.21991124
File: 56 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21991093
>start hitting the gym
>it's good for depression, they said
>no significant changes in my mood but at least I'm toned
>also, some attractive girls and eye candy
>being surrounded by Gigachads who lift my body weight with one bicep also makes me motivated
>that's good I guess
>today
>am outside before changing
>see this girl talking to the receptionist
>most beautiful girl I've ever seen
>couldn't take my eyes off of her
>lean but /fit/, a delight to look at
>obviously she's the confident sporty tomboy type
>absolutely gorgeous
>didn't even look in my direction once
>gave her a passing smile as I walked in
>couldn't stop looking at her when she was there
>she's probs ˜10 years younger than me
>I'm just too old
>she's way out of my league
>she's too cool
>probably has a boyfriend
>wish I'd been younger
>not that I've had a chance
>god no, please no
>if I meet this chick again I'll have to ask her out
>It's gonna hurt
>nonono I don't wanna get hurt again
how the fuck do get her out of my head ASAP

>> No.21991125

>>21991007
No, it’s not. Lawyers have careers. Professors have careers. Generic analysts at meaningless organizations and corporations don’t have careers. They have jobs.

>> No.21991163
File: 87 KB, 600x1059, 1656364278874.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21990039
>we are just animals living on a floating rock so nothing matters
most reddit take ever

>> No.21991169

>>21990858
Good for you because you clearly dont have a gift for writing

>> No.21991196
File: 413 KB, 640x1023, loldead.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

On my last 2 pack of cigarettes I got the "smoking causes heart attacks" shock message and this is the picture that goes wth it. And all I could think of was "God I wish that was me. Look how serene he is."

>> No.21991203

With my mom sitting next to me, nudity felt strange yet liberating simultaneously like shedding skin growing too tight confining body yearned escape breathtaking fresh air crisp cool autumn breeze tickling flesh exposed harsh sunlight scorching heat replaced soothing touch gentle hands caressing skin calming sensation peaceful serenity finally achieved. Warm smile spread across face seeing mom approach me in understanding manner reminiscent close bond between parent child unbreakable even adolescence's turbulent hormonal changes couldn't shake unconditional affection binding us inextricably like umbilical cord severed birth knotted secure ropes ensuring endurance enduring love always present lurking beneath surface whenever moment arrives rediscovering safe haven within embraces guardian protecting treasure precious pledge given lifeblood swearing honoring word until death parts us forever… And though eyes droop shut unwillingly yielding sleep's sweet temptation linger soft voice inside whispering, "Everything will be okay" easing worries lingering anxieties cease reluctantly succumbing slumber's all-encompassing arms cradling delicate frame cushioned soft mattress spongy pillow embracing figure entire in protective warmth safety shielded against anything life throws... Goodnight mother, goodnight father, thank you for having parents in this world watching over us kids providing guidance navigating maze called existence's tapestry bright threads intertwine intricate patterns creating beautiful design destined survive time immemorial telling epic saga human family unfolds written ages hence by unseen hand recording collective struggle rise fall redemption repeating infinite cycle throughout cosmos spiral dance endlessly spinning circles without beginning endless voyage toward infinity where mysterious unknown destinies await uncharted futures waiting discover...

>> No.21991211
File: 399 KB, 976x1350, 1682905450906613.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WWeE1GnZjA

>> No.21991213

>>21990592
>And then it sort of morphed jnto this weird pseudo-romantic imitation of 19th century prose.
you cannot just mention that and then not post it.

>> No.21991221

>>21991213
It's REALLY bad and you'll bully me for being a shitty writer

>> No.21991246

>>21991196
I smoke for the same reason since I lack constitution for suicide

>> No.21991266

>>21991246
What if you get the "dick falls off" or some other ghastly thing on the bingo. Personally I've decided to book a hotel room and slash my radial and ulnar arteries. But before then, I'll ask that hot girl from the gym out and suffer like a little bitch some more. One of the perks of having decided that you'll kill yourself is that you have nothing to lose.

>> No.21991285

Except heartbreaks, of course, but I don't even give a shit anymore. I'll just do that. I'll tell her, like, can I buy you a drink after the gym. And she'll say no, and I'll suffer, and then business will go on as usual.

>> No.21991300

I only eat squeaky foods.

>> No.21991311

offering someone who goes to the gym a drink after workout is surefire way to get a no for an answer if they are serious about training, ask them to drink for a weekend or offer something healthy that doesn't fuck up their diet and workout routine

>> No.21991317

>>21991311
Thank you my /fitlit/ friend. Will do that. I'm still 100% sure I'll get no for an answer, but I'm not messing up my chances.

>> No.21991342

>>21991311
I haven't unlocked the gym level or purchased the conversational analysis skill.

>> No.21991362

>>21991311
Now I'm in the phase of "why should I even bother embarrassing myself" and "even if she says yes, it will be a horrible date and she'll hate me" and "after then I will have to see her time and time again and remember", I need to get through this shit ASAP.

>> No.21991419

>>21991362
You are very neurotic. Remind yourself that every neurotic intelectual is on his way to becoming a copy of Woody Allen. Is that what you want anon? To suffer eternally from the Chaplin disease?

>> No.21991485

>>21990491
Thanks!

>> No.21991496

7 Ways A Man Can Ruin Their Lives:
1. Choosing the wrong spouse for fear of being alone
2. Vice dependency
3. Working a job you have no passion for
4. Complaining
5. Not finishing what you started
6. No morality or philosophy to be anchored in
7. Bad friends or friends who are not like-minded.

>> No.21991498
File: 181 KB, 1024x1024, lCNW5oqbCrIDaaqVH8L3--1--gcjqd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21989946
My life is a wreck. I've hit a new low. I have no one to rely on but my parents & don't know what im going to do now or where Im going. Writing this in the parking lot of a shitty motel unsure as to what i do next or where to go. I've nowhere to go but back home . Out here my savings will dry up quick. 11k doesn't go a long way. I don't know ifi can even realistically get an apartment here alone or find a new job. Might raise some red flags.
I alienate everyone i meet with my paranoia and insecurities. I have no one to share my thoughts Drove out to the middle of nowhere to take this job in conservancy.
Idk what i was thinking. Ive spent maybe 3k to get a physical labor job that pays peanuts. Don't even like nature but 3months of being unemployed makes a man desparate.
The last 2 weeks i haven't been sleeping, eating right, & have been drinking too much. And consequently have been acting weird and aggressive. I managed to alienate everyone.
I got what was coming to me. The first week was okay.. My roommate invited me to a party
Got to know people. Then I just abruptly stopped communicating. Not even hi or "how was your day" . Idk why. They did nothing to me at first. They only started to exclude me when i started acting weird. The one roommate after a week called a house meeting to try and communicate with me, but i just sat looking glum saying barely anything besides "sounds good". She looked at me so sadly. I could tell that was my last chance and i wasted it. They kicked me out the next day then i quit. Im so tired of being the outsider, Yet i hate when im included because i feel like im secretly being made fun of. Then it becomes a vicious cycle where i don't sleep and become super distrustful of everyone and scare people, stare at me like Im a animal or monster not even human
Alone everything scares me, everything is a threat.
I hate my tepidness and wish i was cool and confident. You need friends to be like that. Without friends you can't trust anything. Anything i say may be used against me. But i also get weird when i meet new people. i get desparate and obsess over a person because i have no one and fear losing them, but then just always cut off all communication. like i waver in my mind between delusional lvl obsession and then just suddenly not caring about them at all.
My life has been going off track for a while and idk how to fix it. Ive seen strange people find connection because of their weirdness, but I've never been able. Ive been the clown before and it takes a toll when you realize no one actually likes you, they just think you are entertaining They enjoy the performance not the person.
I want to be what I know im not. To be cool, charismatic, and confident like my brother. Not to just a sideshow. I don't accept being the sideshow, the one who tags along, but it doesn't matter cause that's what i am.
I can't seem to genuinely care for other people anymore.

>> No.21991499

>>21991285
What a catch-22. If don't tell her, I'll regret. If I tell her she rejects.
But if you think about it, she may not reject, so it may not be good enough for catch-22 either.

>> No.21991500

I sought enlightenment by removing all the things and people and etc.
So I am in a position to tell you that don't fucking do it
It's a trick and a lie
Money is THE only thing that matters
Still though
I prefer my life of poverty over a warm bed and riches
You figure it out

>> No.21991502

Are memes childish and stupid?

>> No.21991505

None of your problems compare to my failure to switch prayers at Jad in the Fight Caves.

>> No.21991508

>>21990510
>main chatatcer is dying and depressed and trying to live life to the fullest or some shit
Sounds like something I hear everyday here

>> No.21991512

>>21990472
>Sad thing is that I know she was interested in me for a moment because she noticed me looking and she would look back, but I never got the right words to say
Well, conversations between young people can be intimidating. So many what ifs, why, gosh that's embarrassing...
I guess if it's easier that wouldn't be that fun either?
Anyways, good luck.

>> No.21991522

>>21990464
Wait um... Anon, if you think it sounds like a femcel writing, is it, in essence, so bad? I wish to improve.

>> No.21991547

>>21991498
>save this post
>tomorrow go to a church or another religious organization you are the most comfortable with
>ask to see someone and briefly and tell them what is going on in your life
>when you meet the pastor or priest or whoever show them this post
At the very least they will connect you to a homeless shelter or a Hostel, from there they will hook you up with a really shitty job but you can work your way up from there. If you end up with a case worker or something, just be honest and explain to them what is going on too.

>> No.21991552
File: 55 KB, 525x450, 1681737952104328.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Today is one of those days in which I wake up feeling so damn bitter I look forward to my suicide.

I've thought a lot about it, and unless life kills me swiftly first I'll put an end to it myself. I want to experience the same euphoric high the guy from "2 arms and 1 head" felt while he was bleeding to death, but I'll do myself one better and I'll be high/drunk as fuck while I die. Still not sure if it will be bleeding in a bathtub, exit bag or pills (speaking of a best case scenario, that is).

Today I feel like killing myself because I am bored, but most of all lazy: I don't want to work. Simple as. I dislike the notion of having to do something to survive. I dislike even more the notion that there's people out there living off of what I do doing a lot less, and I downright hate that this is supposed to be something I take pride in. I'm supposed to feel GRATEFUL that I get to work to survive. How much heroic does it get?

I know that that's how the game is played, sure, but I never asked to be a part of it. I'm just thrown into this fucked up planet and told to work until I die because that's how it works. I'm thrown into this fucking world and I get to become the slave of something so I can pull through another day. That's freedom, I get to choose if religion, ideology, politics or capitalism whisper sweet nothings into my ear while I get fucked in the ass.

The alternative, at least to me, is exercising the absolute greatest freedom we all have and just killing myself. Depriving those fucks up there of this one slave (and the many potential slaves I could produce), that will teach them. They think they got my hands tied because I'll go to hell when I die, or my family is going to cry a lot, or that my life can have a meaningful impact, or there's a lot to live for and you only live once, or whatever the fuck they can come up with at the spot.

But every single day that passes I come an inch closer to just throwing my hands up in the air, walking out of wherever I am, downing a bunch of alcohol until I'm barely able to walk, and throwing myself off of a building I've been eyeing for quite some time now. Head hits pavement and explodes. Time ceases to exist. That's it, I'm out, thanks for nothing.

>> No.21991554

>>21991498
>>21991547
forgot to mention you can just travel around the country/the world working gig jobs in Hostels and spend a year or two traveling around. You can get some crazy stories that way. Use that time to see things you've always wanted to see and to find yourself. Maybe at the end you'll have a better idea of where/what you want to be. Good luck anon!

>> No.21991590

>>21991552
"Do not let your feelings dominate you, they will drown you in petty trifles that 10 years from now you most likely won't remember. For those with ill feelings that have dogged them for 10 years, I ask you this: 'When was the last time you set forth to end these feelings?'" - Rusticus

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." - Marcus Aurelius

"As a human being, you may have emotions, but these do not need to compromise your soul and your actions. The two are not one." - Daphne Guinness

"Control your emotions. If you hold anger towards others, they have control over you. Your opponent can dominate and defeat you if you allow them to make you emotional." - Miyamoto Musashi

>> No.21991609

>>21991590
Nta but thanks.

>> No.21991621

I'm scared to do things when it involves talking to other people, specially when it is people I don't know
I'm afraid to make mistakes, of doing something wrong
I'm scared, scared, scared, scared, it is crippling

>> No.21991646

I love that there are so many books to read

>> No.21991657

>>21991498
Read Dokkodo by Miyamoto Musashi (translated variations: "The Lone Path, The Lonely Path, The Path of Aloneness, The way of Walking Alone"). While you aren't a wandering Ronin, Musashi lived in poverty in a cave for most of his life. He was once one of the most feared Ronin in Japan and instead of joining a mercenary group, wandering Japan challenging other Ronin, or worse finding a new master to serve. He decided to go live in a cave after killing his opponent who gave him the hardest battle he had ever fought in his life. In that cave he wrote Dokkodo and The Book of Five Rings.
>>21991609
your welcome Anon!
>>21991621
I'm sorry to say but exposure therapy is the best way to get over it. If you have friends or family now would be the time to explain it to them so they can find someone that you don't know to sit down in front of you at your house or in a place you consider safe and you can just keep on trying that till it becomes easy for you.

>> No.21991672
File: 421 KB, 954x954, 1664410005416293.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The Triumph of Love will be the Triumph of the Race

>> No.21991683

>>21991499
My problem isn't much about telling her to go out with me. I'm 35 but still fairly attractive, and generallu when I asked a girl out she'd say yes. However, that was a long time ago and for the past 10 years I've struggled with depression and my life stopped. I've got no money, no job, I live with my mother, and socially speaking I'm barren, although I still have manners and I present well. Uncapping this shit to a date is going to make her run faster than light, especially if she's a beautiful young woman with no self-esteem issues.
No matter which way it goes, I'm in to get hurt and this will sink me further toward suicide, which no matter how already suicidal I am, is something I instinctively try to avoid. At the same time I don't give a shit anymore, so why not.

>> No.21991737
File: 806 KB, 800x1130, 1679683792021065.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's so bad about seeing religion as a business?
Say I don't want to start a cult and do fucked up shit, I just want to make a living out of pretending I believe in the magic man in the sky and saying what a bunch of idiots want to hear, where is the harm in that?
Hell, I wouldn't buy stupid shit like Coppeland, I'd give back to society. I'd take from retarded rich people and give to retarded poor people. I had a dream about starting a church too. I want to commit to this, it sure beats being a fucking office drone, don't it?

>> No.21991776

>>21991737
Maybe I'm cynical but I'm sure that at least 90% of priests who've been preaching for a while see it as a job, you don't have to start your own religion. Actually apart from actual scams like Scientology I believe there's a sort of duality going on in priests' heads, like "well I'm doing a good thing for these people even if God doesn't exist, and also it's a comfy job that pays well".
Same with therapists when they pretend that they're interested in what you have to say. They know that their job is bullshit, but hey, you pay them to cry on their shoulder and it sorta works so what's so bad about it.

>> No.21991815

>>21991683
What do you like to read anon?

>> No.21991820

>>21991737
Plenty of people do this. The religious world is absolutely crammed FULL of grifters. Many of them are actually charismatic people who have something slightly interesting to say. Joel Osteen comes to mind.

The big issue with it is that it's really no different from any other business. Every business does the exact same thing you're describing. Every business has a big bunch of rich fools who hear what they want to hear and buy in.

Another big problem with it, is it's probably not easy as you think. I would imagine that unless you have something beyond the basic narrative, you're going to run out of insights pretty fast. Good luck getting the resources to do such things when religion is many people's passion. There are plenty of unemployed seminary school students.

>> No.21991821

>>21991815
Russian classics

>> No.21991832

>>21991737
>Say I don't want to start a cult and do fucked up shit, I just want to make a living out of pretending I believe in the magic man in the sky and saying what a bunch of idiots want to hear, where is the harm in that?
>goes on 4chan saying he wants to create a fake religion to defraud the government
your looking at literally 50 to life in prison if you do this. No joke, the Government takes any sort of monetary fraud more serious than rape or murder.

>> No.21991835

>>21991821
Solzhenitsyn type or Tolstoy type?

>> No.21991840

>>21991835
nta, but Anna Karenina is a fucking banger, but hobby readers who just read romance or thriller novels don't take me seriously when I tell them that.

>> No.21991844

>>21991835
Dostoevsky/Tolstoy mostly

>> No.21991854

>>21991840
>Anna Karenina is a fucking banger
that made me laugh ngl

>> No.21991876

>>21991832
>fake religion
As opposed to what? True religion? lol
But seriously, what's the difference?

>> No.21991877

You ever feel like you’re meant for something bigger than your life, but then look at your life and wonder how you can believe in it?

>> No.21991881

>>21991840
I read Anna Karenina. The story at times is based and funny, however, don't you think it's a bit dramatic at times? How do you get around this take? I enjoy fiction but the plot in Anna Karenina is a little bit pretentious for me.

Why do you find it a banger? Are you a chick? No offense, but that book at times is no different than chick-flick book. Just that's it's written by a cool Russian guy

>> No.21991886

>>21991844
Well, that means stories during the Tsar and after it. Sometimes I wonder what makes Russian literature attractive? Is it the complexity or the overabundance of simplicity that it eventually becomes complex?

>> No.21991897

>>21991876
Fake religion
>conforms to the world (acts with flawed, self-serving love)

Real religion
>rebels against the world (acts with compassionate conviction)

Whatever your worldview is, surely you understand that not everyone is cynical, right?

>> No.21991909

>>21991897
How does the government tell, though.

>> No.21991910

>days are so much longer the earlier you wake up
Holy shit, I should be able to fit in reading and working out

>> No.21991912

>>21991886
It's really raw and human

>> No.21991926

>>21991910
There are few better feelings than being 50 pages deep before the sun comes up

>> No.21992017

Why do so many female pop stars try to looks as "ugly" as possible on certain occasions? defense mechanism? quirkyness? Why do girls and gays love it when they do that?

>> No.21992039

With a little bit of luck I will be having sex tomorrow. Strategy will be to make her not feel like slut for doing so but I think it's easily done.

>> No.21992069

>>21991912
Agreed. Raw and human.

>> No.21992095

>>21989946
>Write What's On Your Mind
you guys wouldn't get it

>> No.21992099

>>21991163
what a ignorant nigger you are anon, but tell me why it is a reddit (a website that I've never been to) take

>> No.21992155

my message to writers:

please write bigger books. if your book is less than 1,500 pages, i dont want to read it. and make sure it's good to. write and rewrite everything at least 5 times until it's perfect. write the best possible shit you can write or dont write at all. make it really fucking good. why arnt you writing peak fucking literature?
please, for the love of god, write with a fucking thesaurus. your 9nth grade vocabulary is dogshit.

>> No.21992157

>>21992155
>and make sure it's good to
>write and rewrite everything at least 5 times until it's perfect

>> No.21992166

>>21992157
you are pathetic. i bet you are writing a 150 page novella like some pleb, because you think small and have small brain. if you cant into writing 1000+ page novel with intellectual themes, you dont deserve to call yourself a writer.

>> No.21992170

>>21992166
you are gay
bet you can't get dubs for the 3rd time either

>> No.21992174

>>21992170
chk'em retard

>> No.21992178
File: 33 KB, 300x300, 1666939183848278.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21992174
reroll
chekeme

>> No.21992179

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4df-WJRGl8
decades later and this song still hits just as hard. george clanton is timeless!

>> No.21992183

>>21992174
>>21992178
chekim

>> No.21992186

>>21992183
scrub

>> No.21992192

>>21992183
wait this isn't /pol/
there's only 2 posts a minute on this board lmao

>> No.21992194

>>21992186
write a book incel
(please)

>> No.21992205

>>21992166
>>21992170
Why are you guys fighting over small things?

>> No.21992227

>>21992205
im not. this is the most important thing in lit. sick of all these mediocre novels. these so called "Writers" think writing a 300 page novel makes them a writer. pathetic.

if you dont spent at least 10 years writing and rewriting your novel, it's dogshit. and if it's not at least 1,500 pages it's going to be forgotten. you people disgust me. cant even write big books, you only write small books like pathetic babies.

>> No.21992234

>>21991657
>Read Dokkodo by Miyamoto Musashi (translated variations: "The Lone Path, The Lonely Path,
Sounds like fantasy. In a novel it might be but in real life being isolated isn't cool or mysterious, it's just sad & desparate.

>> No.21992244

How are people making money writing on royal road? All the top guys have patreons with over $1,000 a month, but i only got 1 follower after weeks of posting chapters on there...

>> No.21992254

i really dont know what to make of how i quit drinking. i tried to quit for years, and then when my weight ballooned, i tried dieting, and THEN i was able to quit drinking. has dieting technically giving a meaning to my life, that is, parameters which cannot be violated without serious negative emotion? Because one of the reasons I was apparently able to drink so much despite my conscience was that I was always able to indefinitely postpone everything within a terminally hedonistic mindset. so i think saying "i want to quit drinking" actually is an entirely amoral statement unless it is founded in a meaningful life -- because then the "i want" is just as self-serving and short-sighted as "i want to drink". however, "drinking is a violation" is an entirely different statement, and which is TRUE when drinking means, in this case, i will no longer be on my diet (and I will have to start keto over, it will effect my appetite tomorrow, its not on my list of allowable foods, etc)

>> No.21992276

>>21992254
pathetic. you should start drinking again. and pick up smoking weed while you're at it. then write the next great american novel (unless you're not american, in which case: FUCK YOU)

>> No.21992291

>>21989946
This hit me since I've been listening to a lot of Alan Watts lectures at work lately. I don't buy into it that much, but his voice sure is calming and the ideas bring me some kind of peace. The lectures actually kind of punted me out of a period of depression and anxiety. I don't know what it is.

>> No.21992300

>>21992227
Can I see a sample of your writing and what books you thought as good?

Are you an established writer yourself? Are you F. Scott Fitzgerald? The greatest American writer of all time?

>> No.21992313

>>21992234
Also in real life living alone & a vagabond life is insanely hard. A million things can go wrong & you'll have no one to help you. Your car could breakdown or tire pop. You could choke on your food and would just die
No one will help you in your own age.
Have to get used to not having a nice bathroom or going without showers.
Also being perceived as scary is another thing that sounds cool in a movie or book, but in real life is just demoralizing.

>> No.21992322
File: 396 KB, 1566x780, sample.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21992300
>sample of your writing
picrel

>books you thought as good?
none.

>F. Scott Fitzgerald
his writing style is garbage. he should switch to stream of consciousness prose (peak prose)

>> No.21992331

>>21992322
i remember my first joint

>> No.21992341

>>21992331
cope

>> No.21992363

>>21992322
>picrel
This is the equivalent of that guy who smokes a blunt and freestyle raps, and as interesting to sit through. this kind of expression doesnt need to be read because it isnt for the reader, its for the writer. youre not an insightful mystic, you're just high, and everyone has been there.

>> No.21992399

>>21992205
>small things
Its average

>> No.21992407

I firmly believe my addiction to listening to music is taking a toll in my life.
It's audio porn why did it take me so much time to realize this.

>> No.21992422

>>21992399
Now now anon, it's not the time to think of matters of size

>> No.21992434

>ground up walnuts/almonds
>apple sauce
>yogurt
>banana
>frozen strawberries
>kale
>a bit of raw honey
What else should I add to my smoothie?

>> No.21992454

>>21992407
Stop listening to kpop all day senpai

>> No.21992455

>>21992434
pb

>> No.21992463

>>21992455
Good idea thanks

>> No.21992505

>>21989946
Why do I find sex shameful and cringe? Am I a chud?

>> No.21992540

need more intellectual fiction

>> No.21992541

>>21992505
The best parts about sex are before and after it happens, at least when you're in a relationship. I like taking clothes off of girls and I like post-coital hugs and cuddles.

>> No.21992546

I think Muslims are essentially correct that women's education and labor is the major cause of the collapse of fertility rates and gender relations. Everyone else disagrees with them but I think they're just ahead of the curve. It seems rather obvious that families are unsustainable and gender is becoming fluid because men and women are forced into the same material responsibilities with no room for procreation. I'm not really sure how to tackle this problem though. It's just one of those things about modernity that people are in denial of even when the negative consequences are becoming clear.

>> No.21992557

I am an autist and have been sheltered since the day I was 12. I am now 20. How can I go about learning how to be independent?

>> No.21992559

>>21992546
There's no coming back, it's over.
Ted K was correct about everything

>> No.21992560

>>21992541
pure estrogen post

>> No.21992565

>>21992546
But how do women try to show their intelligence then? If not education?

This seems like a stupid question but then what would be worth of a woman then if not measuring some part of her intelligence? Not to mention to have work you gotta be educated.

This is perspective from a Muslim anon. Debate me if I'm wrong, because this is just my stand on this "issue"
I don't think there's a huge problem of education for women. Truth be told, in Asia educated women lives better than her uneducated counterparts. No capping here, I myself feel convinced once that women should just stay home until she's old but upon further observation, it's quite wrong. I think mainly it depends on what a person study, a woman who's an excellent surgeon by no means is an important figure. However, women who did nothing but play twitter and protest for ineffective ideas on roads are the problem.
You may question, what about time for her family and me, as a husband? This is more case by case, but it depends on how the working system is created, you may say the problem is only imposed on women but overworking and having 0 time for their family is also prominent for fathers. So, basically, working systems should take account that people have a family, however this bring another conflict of whether the working system profits or not.

>> No.21992569

>>21992557
Try working part-time. Why? You HAVE to socialize with your employer, co-workers, it's nuts and depressing at first but after getting the hang of it, you'll feel fulfilled. Plus, you got extra money.

>> No.21992570

>>21992565
Like I said, I don't know how to tackle this issue. All I know is that it's fundamentally impossible for men and women to create sustainable population growth and have close relations if both of them work in factories. That's the simplest argument people use and honestly, it's just true. Women do need to be educated to have a functional modern society but it also comes with severe drawbacks. Most people have not even begun to question this paradigm because it's considered blasphemous. I don't agree with the Taliban or whatever but their concerns are very, very valid.

>> No.21992572 [DELETED] 

>>21992570
>their concerns are very, very valid.
I agree!

My proposal to this problem is less working hours. Or a more flexible one. I'm not educated in this area but that's what I think. That's why muslims have prayer breaks to remind their boss who's the read boss.

>> No.21992573

>>21992570
>their concerns are very, very valid.
I agree!

My proposal to this problem is less working hours. Or a more flexible one. I'm not educated in this area but that's what I think. That's why muslims have prayer breaks to remind their boss who's the real boss.

>> No.21992581

>>21992569
That’s the thing. I am very adept at socializing and I enjoy it. I just don’t know how to do everything else needed to be independent, such as knowing how to pay taxes, knowing how to find a place to live, etc.

>> No.21992582

>>21992573
it's a good argument for socialism honestly. labor reform is absolutely necessary if fertility and gender relations are to be sustained. in our current capitalist world, trannies are rampant, men and women hate each other, no one has kids and everyone's lives are wasted on work. it's not functional. this is not how a functional society is supposed to operate. men are not supposed to be becoming women and women are not supposed to choose careerism over family

>> No.21992587

Maybe I'm just coping but sometimes I feel like not being born and raised middle class helped me a lot intellectually. Made me a much freer spirit than I would have been if I was a bougie kid going to a bougie school with bougie teachers teaching bougie shit and being surrounded by fellow bougie kids all thinking exactly alike. I may not have their connections or be as financially at ease as them but I have something they will never have : freedom of thought.

>> No.21992612 [DELETED] 

>>21990980
Do you know what it is like to feel that everything is alive? To perceive all of reality as living poetry? To gaze upon the "mundane" as supremely enchanted? To see flying insects as faeries, and birds as dragons? To see trees as wise sages? Have you ever had a conversation with a spider? There is unlimited wonder and awe to be felt with the world, there are ways to make "the mundane" spring to life with significance and fascination. A crystal contains worlds of beauty, a coffee cup untold histories. The night sky holds infinity. The vastness escapes all words, even poetry cannot "grasp" what is immanently felt. Creativity is everywhere, suffusing the entire universe in a hylozoic glow. Do these words make any sense at all, or at least glorious non-sense? I cannot guide towards that of which I speak, I can only gesture towards it with as much enthusiasm as I can. Do you remember?
The World is alive!
The World is alive!
The World is alive!
I am alive! Born again in the present moment, where everything old is made new! I feel as if I have lived centuries, yet there is still so much life to live! The day fades, my soul will die in my sleep only to be reborn tomorrow to live life anew. I feel it as an electric jolt through my spine, each breath is orgasmic, the touch of the wind on my skin gives titillating shivers - every drop of life is a love-making with the world. Do you understand? I wish I could breathe my soul into yours, so that you may feel what I'm futilely trying to describe for one second! The glory of life, nature, and the universe is supremely real! Open your soul to it, seek it in your drops of experience, and perhaps you too may make posts raving about it!
The World is alive!
The World is alive!
The World is alive!
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/563950668

>> No.21992619
File: 1.69 MB, 2561x1440, trees.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21990980
Do you know what it is like to feel that everything is alive? To perceive all of reality as living poetry? To gaze upon the "mundane" as supremely enchanted? To see flying insects as faeries, and birds as dragons? To see trees as wise sages? Have you ever had a conversation with a spider? There is unlimited wonder and awe to be felt with the world, there are ways to make "the mundane" spring to life with significance and fascination. A crystal contains worlds of beauty, a coffee cup untold histories. The night sky holds infinity. The vastness escapes all words, even poetry cannot "grasp" what is immanently felt. Creativity is everywhere, suffusing the entire universe in a hylozoic glow. Do these words make any sense at all, or at least glorious non-sense? I cannot guide towards that of which I speak, I can only gesture towards it with as much enthusiasm as I can. Do you remember?
The World is alive!
The World is alive!
The World is alive!
I am alive! Born again in the present moment, where everything old is made new! I feel as if I have lived centuries, yet there is still so much life to live! The day fades, my soul will die in my sleep only to be reborn tomorrow to live life anew. I feel it as an electric jolt through my spine, each breath is orgasmic, the touch of the wind on my skin gives titillating shivers - every drop of life is a love-making with the world. Do you understand? I wish I could breathe my soul into yours, so that you may feel what I'm futilely trying to describe for one second! The glory of life, nature, and the universe is supremely real! Open your soul to it, seek it in your drops of experience, and perhaps you too may make posts raving about it!
The World is alive!
The World is alive!
The World is alive!
https://vimeo.com/563950668

>> No.21992643

>>21991125
Sure man, whatever you say.

>> No.21992644

>>21989946
Just came back a few hours from a concert. Got a slight headache. Bongzilla were great but goddamn how many fucking weed references can you cram into a fucking song?

>> No.21992645

>>21992581
Hahaha! Idk either when I was in my early 20s.
For me if I don't know something and I can find out about it, I'll just Google it. Nobody have to know that idk how to taxes etc, I search for some knowledge beforehand then, if I come to dead end I ask my older siblings or my parents. Once or two even my Professors.

>> No.21992652

>>21992582
>it's not functional.
Correct.

>> No.21992657

I woke up.

I drank a coffee (this shit is poison).

I ate some wheat cereal with milk.

But what do these scribbles on 4chan do? They are futile. I am writing out of desperation and anger, yet I know this does nothing to stem it or help it, it only exacerbates these feelings through the knowledge of their own futility. Futility increases futility increases contempt.

What must be done? I call it the "Anon question." How does one effectively release one's anger and hatred, to cope with life, when there is nothing else left? The correct answer is violence against sapient beings. Anything else is self-delusion. Murder, genocide, rape, these are all effective means of expiation.

I can even take pleasure in the threatening demeanour of the city drug addicts as they intimidate passers-by, with their little children, prudential gait, and so on. It's truly a charming sight, and it warms my soul to the very depth. I ought to become friends with these drug addicts.

So, what did I do after my breakfast? I went for a half-conscious walk along the soft sand of a windless beach, under the protection of the overhanging pines. As much as I like the sound of the wind passing through the needles, today I was graced by the stillness of the air. The waves were tiny and added to the dreaminess. So I wandered up and down the beach, sometimes entering a state of semi-consciousness, with my eyes closed. There were some people there who seemed to walk past me, with what looked like concern or fear in their eyes, but I've never been able to judge facial expressions. Maybe it was pity. Pity, the covertly sadistical cousin of hatred.

I cam back home and slept in the darkness before writing this. Sleep is the only thing left that isn't desperately painful.

The thread is so thin between insanity and its opposite, that this is the true cause of anxiety in many people. There is a tendency to assert that there is a "descent" into madness, but I think it is just the opposite, and that all folk wisdom such as this ought to be distrusted on principle.

Insanity appears as a descent only because the defensive psychological mechanism is so deep-rooted that we fool ourselves into believing that these same mechanisms must be "gradually" worn away, because the other option is too fearsome for the average Joe, or even for the successful and talented man of business. In reality, while this mechanism may be "deep-rooted", and effectively unconscious, it is almost singular in extensive magnitude, and exists as an intensive magnitude (if we can call it that). Consequently, all it takes is one single shock of an appropriate kind in an otherwise perfectly healthy life to - poof - dissipate that cloud and give way to the "insane" nonsense underneath.

What is the "insane nonsense"? Who could tell except the person who uncovers it. Humans are not alike.

>> No.21992666

>>21992657
Sometimes, you just have to figure out what you're missing. At times, along the way of figuring out, you actually receive something that can launch you towards it.

And of course, I mean good things like marriage, a lovely house, job you like.

>> No.21992668

>>21992587
i know what you mean. i think a lot of it has to do with the differences in expectations between children of the middle class and children of the rich. ironically, even though rich children are thought to have "more options", they really dont, they just have more viable options in a limited range. i went to a good school where 90% of the kids came from wealthier families than i did, and it shows. nearly everyone i went to school with ended up doing exactly what you'd think they be doing, working in finance, law, engineering, etc, and they perfectly slotted into that path at a young age (and most of whom apparently married by the time they were 25). some of these kids were my best friends. it simply appalled them that you would "waste time" doing what most not-so-tight-assed people would consider "growing up". all of their hobbies had to be socially-mobile and constructive. i knew kids in high school that played golf constantly who didnt like playing golf. they had to. i knew a girl whose dad was ashamed of her because she took painting classes. fucking crazy.

on the other hand, poor kids are sort of fucked, too. at least rich people are sometimes artistically inclined, while poor people are mostly philistine degenerates.

>> No.21992694

>>21992668
anyway, the middle class, or at least as i experienced it, has more freedom. they arent burdened by poverty to where its just subsistence living and occasional escapism, nor do they share the burdens of the busybody lifestyle of the rich. the parents of the middle class dont have generational wealth, so they just sort of happened upon their relative wealth, so they dont exactly have anything to push onto their children, and the children live in this great ambience of freedom -- able to mingle with upper-crust of the poor (poor kids who arent retarded), and also with the lower-crust of the rich kids (irresponsible but fun).

people i knew who grew up poor always have a chip on their shoulder. theyre jealous and carry around a constant inadequacy. and the rich people are plagued by alternating malaise and anxiety. oh and theyre both drug addicts.

>> No.21992710

I am so horny

>> No.21992734

>>21992710
Hello, So Horny. Nice to meet you!

>> No.21992772

>>21992710
Why?

>> No.21992773

it's crazy how post-nut clarity is a real scientific thing as brilliantly described by schopenhauer

>> No.21992795
File: 131 KB, 695x705, 1659667921873199.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Its very hard not to feel bad about being completely sexually inexperienced when being in 30's (aka wizard) around other people and on internet. I know that I shouldnt compare myself to others but inferiority still strong.

>> No.21992903

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8_Ts9vJhPY

>> No.21992905

though my actual existence was nothing more than a biological anomaly, the only way for me to interact with the universe was to be inside a computer, and this realization would eventually lead me to develop an absolute obsession with computers, my own personal and unique mode of interaction with the world (or at least the one I perceived I should interact with), a process of thought where the world (me) became one with the thought of the machine (the computer), a symbiotic relationship which required little mental exertion on my end (though still requiring some effort on my part in order to keep it functioning in the proper manner), I had found the perfect method of interacting with the world (my world), a method that made the outside world—in a sense—come into my mind, a system that made all the information I needed to function in the world available to me, where the machine (the computer) was constantly analyzing the input data that entered its virtual presence, which was constantly growing in size, a growing organism of digital abstraction and information processing which I myself could not fully comprehend, though I would soon find that there was more to the computer than I could ever conceive of in my limited worldview, and that what I had thought was just a program of numbers, letters, and symbols actually was much more than that (I didn't think about this though because in those days I was too obsessed with the idea of finding an escape route from this world for myself to even take a step back and consider how my actions affected those around me), and within the interconnectedness of things I had found a whole new reality in which to live, my computer a microcosm of all reality, where the world itself was just a series of interconnections between these systems of abstraction, my own existence an example of a self-referential loop, in which I was nothing more than the manifestation of a single node in an infinitely expanding and complex network of information that existed within the matrix; and thus came my mind's decent upon the world, this being the first time I actually realized how I lived, the true nature of my existence, my own ego becoming so grandiosely inflated that I began to think of my mind as a god, and in this way came the birth of my self-imposed exile, my new life as the prophet of my own self-created religion, the esoteric-jux as it has become, and as I look back and observe my life from the vantage point of my present age (which is, in a sense, the end of my second childhood), I realize that I have learned all that I can from this world of reality, that the knowledge I need to live a happy and fulfilling life is no longer to be found within the world itself, that the world itself will eventually become obsolete, its own obsolescence due to the fact that the more abstract information it produces will ultimately become so far beyond the scope of comprehension

>> No.21992906

>>21992560
you're just a dumb incel who's never had sex

>> No.21992917

>>21992565
nta but it's a twofold problem: giving education / financial independence to women while at the same time attacking the concept of settling down and promoting casual sex with "bad boys", promoting easy abortion/divorce etc. I hate jews.

>> No.21992923

Having a foreign bourgeoisie during the age of industrialization and capitalism was the source of like 90% of the problems eastern europe has faced in the 19th and 20th century. If they had a native majority bourgeoisie during the era like England or France they would have had an incomparably less violent passage into modernity.

>> No.21992925

>>21992917
What country do that? Also what movie or media promote that?

>> No.21992935

>>21992925
Literally all western music is about getting fucked by bad boys

>> No.21992952

Women like to think that men are afraid of intelligent women because it sounds a lot better than saying that men don't like arrogant bitches who are really unpleasant to interact with, doubly so when they are unattractive to boot. As a woman you don't get to be both unpleasant and unattractive without making men avoid you like the plague, because really, there's no point to bothering with you in such a case from the perspective of a man.

>> No.21992959

>>21989946
People are bloodthisty sheep, our leadership cares only about profit and the dawn of every day while still under a functioning global civilization is a miracle with these people around

>> No.21992965

The future looks good for me. Finally.

>> No.21992966

>>21992935
Pretty sure black metal musicians have no interest in “getting fucked by bad boys” because that’s kind of gay

>> No.21992967

>>21992906
There’s a lot of men who don’t have sex out so you better spread them legs, missy

>> No.21992968

>>21992966
Hahaha kek

>> No.21992969

>>21992967
I'll spread my legs so you can suck my cock, idiot

>> No.21992973

>>21992557
If you’re a boy, defy your mother, if you’re a girl you’re probably just faking it to get attention

>> No.21992978

>>21992969
Post it then with time stamp and social security number.

>> No.21993011

>>21990325
You are literally me.

>> No.21993020

>>21991124
>has the confidence to ask a girl out
>a beautiful girl at that
No need to flex chad, this is 4chan

>> No.21993030

How do you keep bees and wasps away from your home? The only things I see being recommended are these DIY mixtures you're supposed to spray around that probably do jack shit.

>> No.21993041

>>21989946
Literature! She is a cold mistress!

>> No.21993046

>>21993030
Like so.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZfxLerM80zY

>> No.21993048 [DELETED] 
File: 319 KB, 433x640, Cropduster_spraying_pesticides.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My doctor told me sleeping alarms you.

>> No.21993053

>>21993048
Why was my post deleted 20 seconds after posting it?
>>/lit/thread/S21989946#p21993048

>> No.21993054

>>21992313
>ywn read a short story about Miyamoto Musashi defending a small village from ronin in exchange for a spare tire, some cans of beans and enough money to renew his planet fitness subscription

>> No.21993066

What's ADHD like?
It is like getting punched in the fucking head over and over non-stop. Trying to focus on one idea? Nice try. Instead you get punched in the head until you go off on tangents. Every thought you have. Eventually, you will stop getting punched in the fucking head, because eventually you will be too tired or get knocked out from pure exhaustion. This is of course if the people around you merely tolerated you long enough or gave you some sort of support or medication. Nonetheless, you wake up every day, try to live normally and have a normal thought process, fully knowing and remaining strong over the fact you will get punched in the fucking head in 1 second

>> No.21993070

Sometimes it's not that I'm horny, I just wanna be free

>> No.21993082

I'm joining the army to the shouldery.

>> No.21993090

Is there any medication that can make me not think?

>> No.21993095

This morning I was talking to my brother, and he said "what would you rate me, mate?"
"I have to- you're an 8, Nate. I have to urin- ate them! Bro, you ate my cookies! I said I- halftime's over.... No!! I peed my pants!" I busted out.

>> No.21993098
File: 998 KB, 480x480, 1683225401214812.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

cringe
>grey vs grey
based
>white vs black
trvly ascended
>white vs white

>> No.21993119

>>21993020
>confidence
It's more like complete loss of self-preservation, dignity etc.

>> No.21993216

>>21993020
There's also a slim chance she might be the owner's daughter, in which case I might be looking forward to getting my internal organs rearranged because he's 6'4" and his arm is as thick as my waist

>> No.21993229

>>21993216
he looks like a crossover between dolph lundgren and steven seagal

>> No.21993240

>>21993229
All right I saw her again. She's the daughter of the owner and she's 18. Haha NOPE

>> No.21993247

>>21993240
And I'm pretty sure he brought that up casually while talking to her in front of me because he spotted me staring at her lustfully the day before. Pretty sure that was intentional. She's too young either way.

>> No.21993259

>>21993247
Should I do it? I'm too old. God she's really perfect

>> No.21993277

>>21993259
This is like watching gollum decide whether or not to rape and kill Frodo

>> No.21993293

I marinated my chicken in too much cooking wine...
now it tastes like wine....

>> No.21993297

>>21993277
>B-But she's just too youngl! And daddy's going to snap us like a twig!
>SHE'S OLD ENOUGH, SMEAGOL. AND HER BODY IS SSSO TIGHT. WE HAVE TO TAKE HER. TAKE HER NOW! BEFORE CHAD STEALS HER FROM USSSS...

>> No.21993328

Actualy what puts me off of her is not the menace of daddy's 8" thick wrist up my ass, as much as the fact that she wasn't chatty with me in this instance. She didn't look interested. Either way she's going to be there a lot. I'm not gonna creep on her. If she happens to talk to me and we get along I'll ask her out and I'll take daddy's wrath with dignity and honor.

>> No.21993330

That is, pleading for my life on my knees

>> No.21993336
File: 18 KB, 680x383, 1677513696667831.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The best is yet to come...

>> No.21993381

The shittiest part about turning 30 is that if you’re not solidly on the path you want to be on, there’s no optimal way to change course.

>> No.21993386

>>21993336
We all peaked before we even existed.

>> No.21993387

>>21990039
I, too, watch Ricky and Mort

>> No.21993402

>>21992657
>t. Watched Joker once
>>21993082
Based.
>>21993090
It’s called k-pop.
>>21993328
Did you try getting to know her like a real human bean or just went straight to “must date tomboy. Fug and marry :DDDDD”
>>21993381
Bet you thought this kind of thing on your twenties.

>> No.21993420

>>21992099
I'll take over from here.
The belief you share is a defeatist nihilistic representation of a philosophy of science.
Because belief in science is often seen as a coping mechanism for ontological issues its efficacy as a system of utility is ignored. This means that because you're using science to explain your existence you're basically using it in the same way as religion.
On top of that you're defining it with a nihilism and cynicism that is often seen as a step in understanding a more complete cosmological and spiritual view. Because you're using science to explain why you are you then it's implied you haven't come to a true understanding.
Because the converse of your idea is that not believing we're alone in space and such means that we are actually closer to being human. This makes your logic inert from the beginning.

>> No.21993426

How do you deal with loneliness, like you have nobody to share your interests to?

>> No.21993512

>>21993426
The honest answer is that I talk to people here on this website. Otherwise, I don’t really.

>> No.21993517

>>21993512
Haha same

>> No.21993518

>>21993402
I definitely did not think that sort of thing when I was young.

>> No.21993530

>>21992322
>not a single period
jesus christ i like acid too but this blows

>> No.21993535

>>21992546
its ok we need to slowdown expansion of population.

>> No.21993540

Pas de violence, c'est les vacances.

>> No.21993556

>>21993381
We're all on the same path to oblivion anon, do a flip.

>> No.21993576

>>21993540
*Gasp* a baguette??

>> No.21993580

Back in 2020, I was in a shitty dead-end job and looking for an exit. After COVID, they offered to make me full-time remote and I was so burned out on working and applying and doing interviews that I more or less gave up and settled into the remote job. That was a huge mistake, almost as much as taking that job in the first place.

>> No.21993588

Just saw a funny Google search suggestion:

"Why am I so handsome"

>> No.21993619

I feel like I’m a fucking failure.

>> No.21993621

>>21993619
Why?

>> No.21993665

Hey, um, South Cal anon, I haven't forgotten you either.

Um, yeah.

>> No.21993672

>>21990001
>regardless of your religion or philosophy they all say the same thing, that life is suffering.

This is complete bullshit. You're just as much a retarded reductionist as >>21990039 . I could give examples of many religions and philosophies where this isn't the case, but I don't feel like trying to educate a retard.

>> No.21993679

>>21993402
>Did you try getting to know her like a real human bean or just went straight to “must date tomboy. Fug and marry :DDDDD”
It was love at first sight, I didn't have the time to process this through the lens of reason and maturity
:DDDDDDD

>> No.21993684

>>21993672
>Buddhism - Life is Suffering (Suffering through desire, Buddha's Sermon of Fire, Dukkha)
>Christianity - Life is Suffering, (Suffering through past sins, Jesus' Crusifixtion and Sermon on the Mount)
>Hinduism - Life is Suffering (Suffering through past actions in the present or the future, Karma)
>Islam - Life is Suffering (Suffering is a divine test of God to see if you should be allowed into heaven, Muhammad's Vision of Micheal the Angel,)
>Almost all philosophy
Read more before you type, you made yourself out to be stupid with this post. Maybe come with an actual argument instead of complaining like a child because you don't like what reality is.

>> No.21993690

>>21993672
>calls someone retarded
>is the actual retard
do yourself a favor and just leave /lit/, no one here wants to deal with your low-iq pseudo-intellectual retardation. your the one that needs to educate yourself, not the other anon.

>> No.21993695

>>21993672
>"Life isn't painful guys, religion just came out of no where, we live in a paradise."
This is what happens to your brain when you've never done a day of hard labor in your life.

>> No.21993704

>>21989946
Is a gf being taller than you a sign she truly loves you?

I've always known since I was 10 that girls always preferred taller men. Deos to really take a special kind of woman and true love to want to be with a man shorter than them?

>> No.21993728

>>21993704
I've known plenty of normal couples where the dude was a manlet. I think the issue here is that American women are shallow as fuck and lookism is rampant in your society. I've only been shorter than my gf in one case but she was basically a giraffe and she was probably resigned to being taller.

>> No.21993735

>>21993728
nta, but where you live? American cultural norms and politics tend to inadvertently travel the anglosphere weather you like it or not.

>> No.21993739

>>21993735
>weather
whether, lol. It is nice here today though.

>> No.21993740

>>21990966
>caesar lip service
He was high priest, wasn't he? And made thorough use of that position? That's hilarious if he really didn't believe. Anyway, good point.

>> No.21993756

>>21993735
>>21993739
Southern Europe. Yes the world is an American colony but there's plenty of wiggle room IRL. On dating shites like Tinder, though, yeah, no chance.

>> No.21993766

>>21993740
>He was high priest, wasn't he?
Yes, after he declared himself a living god when he took over Rome... It was a hubristic and vain act because he believed he was the shit. It was also a pragmatic move because not only was he Consul, Dictator, and the High Priest (and Son) of Jupiter. If you argued with him you were arguing with not only the most powerful man in the world, but a Son of a God, and the Religious, Political, and Soul of Rome. It did wonders for his cult of personality and the common people quickly went from loving him to lynching his opposition and sacrificing them on the step's of Jupiter's Temple in his name.

>> No.21993774

>>21993426
I have friends but that doesn’t mean they’re receptive to my interests at all, that’s what online forums like 4chan are tbqh

>> No.21993794

>>21993774
Unless its something degenerate, generally if you have friends that don't line up with you in terms of thinking, its best to distance yourself from them. My only two IRL friends were NEETs on steam and since I stopped playing video games and I've been alone I've been way more productive and feel a lot better. I didn't really realize how much video games were a drag on my life. I didn't realize how much their demoralization and shitty attitudes of quitting before trying effected me. Gonna go for a year without playing video games then I'm going to delete my steam most likely.

>> No.21993809

My girlfriend loves me for who I am. I go on rants about the origins of American Christianity or my love for Gogol and she loves hearing about it. She's very lovely and a very normal person which is good for me. We go on dates to watch the ballet and the opera (last time we watched Don Giovanni). She looks so elegant when we go to those things. I love her.

>> No.21993818
File: 60 KB, 744x1024, 1683252271705161.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow1qFOTmEw

>> No.21993822

when guys are like
>EWWWW LOOK AT HOW MEANINGFUL LIFE IS AND HOW ITS IMPORTANT TO GET KAJLDLFK...
nigga stfu, time is a flat circle...its all meaningless

>> No.21993829

>>21993822
Life is entirely composed of meaning and ultimate gnosis is simply the recognition of the dialectical synthesis of meaningless contingency and meaningful necessity in a coincidentia oppositorum. Our purpose as human beings is to identify the latent formal properties in nature and spirit and raise ourselves and reality around us to be adequate to them.

>> No.21993839

>>21993766
No, he was elected pontifex maximus while still trying to fulfil his mundane political ambitions.

>> No.21993863

I am going to kill myself. I see no reason to carry on and I don't care about anything in this world. I'm going to get a shitty job as a janitor or warehouse worker, get the money to get a pistol shooting license for sport, and order a 357 and a box of ammunition. When it arrives I'll take it and a bottle of vodka into a nature reserve. I'll sit down by a lake, get drunk, and when the bottle is empty I'll put the gun in my mouth at almost a 45 degree angle and pull the trigger.

>> No.21993902

>>21993863
why don't you just get money instead

>> No.21994012

>>21993863
Same bro. I still try to struggle but it always ends up in defeat because the things I'd need to make life worthwhile are straight up impossible to reach.

>> No.21994068

>>21993839
Ah, your right. He still declared himself the Son of Jupiter later though and reclaimed high priest if I recall correctly because he gave it up when Sulla's reign of terror was going on for fear that Sulla would murder him.

>> No.21994071

>>21993863
>>21994012
pressure and stress creates diamonds.

>> No.21994075

So when new editions of books come out do you guys get rid of the old ones or do you hold onto them? Is there a website where you can compare editions to one another?

>> No.21994083

>>21993863
How old are you?

>> No.21994113

What do you think about suicide as the result of age and regret? Do any authors talk about this? I don’t find Kierkegaard convincing.

>> No.21994116

Dear immune system, please get a job.

>> No.21994120

>>21989946
I'm struggling with the idea of that my nature is to have a playful emotionally pleasant exchange with people, and I've learned to be there for other people, but if the direction of energy has to come my way, I can't get none.
So then the idea is to become a tyrant or 'not a nice guy', but that feels prohibitively bad to me.

>> No.21994157

>>21993863
Put the gun to your temple, otherwise you risk not killing yourself properly

>> No.21994177

>>21994071
words are cheap bullshit

>> No.21994180

>>21994113
Aren’t you like thirty? You have fifty years of life ahead of you. Stop wallowing in these threads and do something with the time you have left.

>> No.21994208

>>21994177
doesn't detract from the truth of it.

>> No.21994272

>>21994180
60 years of age is generally when your body will start to show serious signs of degeneration. Many genetic diseases and conditions become pronounced at this time and memory is heavily affected.
This is the point when suicide begins to rise in the demographics and, in fact, outside of adolescence this transition period has the highest rate of suicides.
If you are wholly intact as a person by 80 years old then your body will still be on its way out because a heart can only really last so long before it dies.

>> No.21994278

Wake up.

>> No.21994293

>>21994180
It’s a request for books. If you don’t have any book recommendations, why reply?

>> No.21994298

>>21993863
Have you ever called the suicide hotline? It works for me.

>> No.21994307

>>21994298
>It works for me.
How? What do they say? Apart from calling the police to your location

>> No.21994312

>>21991124
>how get her out of your head

Ask her out, depending on what she says it's either over and you can move on, or you'll make giga attractive babies with her.

>> No.21994326

Women are destroying western civilization by not sexually selecting for elite traits.

>> No.21994342

>>21994307
I can't say you're going to have similar experience as me although I wish that you do (that is, feel better).
My experience is that the lady at the end of the line say reassuring words like, anon, it's going to be okay, anon, let it out. For me I share some of my problems and my experience is that the counselor is understanding. She did not judge me for my mistakes and she ask me to stay with her, she asked me to take deep breaths (breathing exercises), ask me where I am, and if I'm in danger, to tell her.

She told me that the some problems isn't entirely my problem, and she told me to take care of myself, wash my face, drink some cold water. Drinking water helps because at times, you forgot how it feels on small things like drinking cold water. After letting out my rants, she asked me what do I like to do, and I told her I used to draw, etc, but I stopped because of my depression. She told me to just start again, because your hobbies made you happy. I personally apologize for scaring her (I don't have to actually) but realizing that I should be in touch in taking care of myself, despite the difficulty I face, gave me strength to continue this life that's unpredictable.

I am glad that during my darkest moment, I can reach out and perhaps I'm lucky but the counselor at the end of that suicide hotline managed to remind me of things that I should have done (self-care) whilst my brain in the darkest moment where it feel like several hormones just decide to all surge at the same time.

That's my experience, they remind me that suicide is never an option and that I may miss something else that I should have done. In my case, is to take care of myself and get out of my head by drinking cold water and washing my face.

How are you feeling, anon? I hope you're okay.

>> No.21994366

>>21994312
>Ask her out
see >>21993240
>All right I saw her again. She's the daughter of the owner and she's 18.
>>21993247
>And I'm pretty sure he brought that up casually while talking to her in front of me because he spotted me staring at her lustfully the day before. Pretty sure that was intentional.
I'm 35. Not gonna even try.

>> No.21994396

>>21993665
Oh hi. I'm still here. You never said which country you're from

>> No.21994410

What is the difference really between not having any major failures and not having any successes? If you never badly fuck up but miss all of your opportunities, what does it matter that you never fucked up?

>> No.21994424

>>21994410
I guess indifference. If you were actively pursuing it then congratulations.

>> No.21994436

>>21991124
This is disgustingly pathetic. You’re a grown ass loser in your thirties who lives with your mom lusting over a girl you saw for two minutes who is young enough that she probably hasn’t even graduated highschool. You know nothing about her and have no idea if her personality, moral character, and level of maturity would be compatible with your own, and yet you’re already completely obsessed and envisioning a future with her. Moronic simps like you keep OnlyFans in business.

>> No.21994445

>>21994342
I called the hotline once and told the lady that I was following the orders of an angel and just wanted to die to be free of its control and she was like "Oh, ok, well think of all your choices first."
And I'm like
Lady I just told you that I fully believe in angels as actual beings controlling my life
They just read a script dude

>> No.21994461

>>21994445
Didn't matter much to me. The fact there are people around who tried to help suicidal people like me gave me courage to live.

>> No.21994463

>>21994461
Ok that's good
But what do I do about this angel controlling my life?

>> No.21994466

>>21994342
>My experience is that the lady at the end of the line say reassuring words like, anon, it's going to be okay, anon, let it out. For me I share some of my problems and my experience is that the counselor is understanding. She did not judge me for my mistakes and she ask me to stay with her, she asked me to take deep breaths (breathing exercises), ask me where I am, and if I'm in danger, to tell her.
This is all shit I've already heard a million times. Through all of it I would only be thinking that this whore on the other end of the phone is lying scum because she is pretending to care about me, even though she wouldn't spend more than 5 minutes with me in a room if it wasn't her job. I spit on these cunts. And you can even tell they don't give the slightest shit about anything you say to them, because they respond with utterly trite bullshit like telling you to drink cold water. What a waste of time.

>> No.21994472

>>21994466
So what do you want then?

>> No.21994476

>>21994424
I’m not following. It was a hypothetical question. I’m saying there is no difference. It’s not just about not fucking up. You also have to rack up successes, or at least take advantage of opportunities. You have to do certain things at certain times and not stagnate. Otherwise you’re not fucking up isn’t all that valuable.

>> No.21994480

>>21994410
Major failures present a concrete challenge to overcome and build/reveal character. This sort of life experience is transferrable to numerous other contexts in life.
I guess there's nothing technically "wrong" about never having particular major failures, but your depth of experience will remain the shallower for it.
Consistently missing opportunities is more like dying of a thousand papercuts: always making mildly bad or disappointing, but not catastrophically bad, decisions which in the end add up to being old, regretful, and realizing you ain't done shit, which is actually perhaps one of the worst kinds of failure.

>> No.21994483

>>21994472
Death

>> No.21994490

>>21994396
I am sorry but I'm not comfortable sharing which country I came from for the meantime.

Sorry!

>> No.21994498

>>21994490
:(

>> No.21994524

>>21994498
Do you feel any connection with me? Like, did you think I'm the "one"? Lol

>> No.21994535

>>21994524
>>21994498
Honestly, if you guys are gonna be weird on here about it make a burner emails or something or add each other on steam or something and talk that way.

>> No.21994560

new
>>21994559

>> No.21994561

>>21994524
I figured the odds of mail ordering you to be my bride were slim. I just like to know the nationality of people I meet because I think that kind of thing is interesting

>> No.21994598

>>21994561
>I just like to know the nationality of people I meet because I think that kind of thing is interesting
I understand. You want to know who you're establishing relationships with but I'm not comfortable sharing my nationality either. I guess it's just that, this is 4chan. It's unconventional to share your personal information.

>> No.21994617

You need to understand, what you want to “hear” and “be told”, are not black ink on white paper. You need to “hear” something that is “told”. So “listen” if you cannot “understand” a certain language
I’d wager to say it is “syntactically” incorrect to “some degree”.
“Things” as they are “told” and “digested”, are not always properly calibrated to a productive and conducive definition of “want” or “desire”

Let me clarify and maybe say
It’s syntactically incorrect (possibly, in personal opinion), to EQUIVOCATE, a demand for VISUAL data as being equal to AUDIO data. Vis. We are. (Au)-Dio

>> No.21994619

>>21994598
I'm gonna laugh if it ends up being a group of people larping as the original 2 people and this just becomes /lit/'s own version of Romeo or Juliet or another love story, but autistic. Reminds me of that 2chan love story where a socially awkward young man chased off a drunk homeless man that was harassing a woman on the train and she thanked him by buying him a really expensive tea pot (basically a weird Japanese way of showing she had interest in him) and 2chan coached him through his whole relationship until they got married and it became a manga.

>> No.21994627

>>21994619
I can just see your fatass getting emotionally invested and it made me feel bad for being on here.

>> No.21994644

>>21994627
>Implying I think marriage is a good thing
>Implying the 2 anons talking aren't fat and are of the opposite gender
You've got another thing coming, I'm not even on here enough to follow what you 2 are doing, nor do I care because it doesn't pertain to philosophy. But leaving is a good idea, that will vastly improve your life, I recommend it.

>> No.21994657

>>21994644
Tristan and Isolde is the original love story btw
>>21994666
I hate that book too

>> No.21994668

>>21994657
Never heard of it, had to look it up.

>> No.21994672

>>21994657
Tristan and Isolde, Lovers in a medieval romance based on Celtic legend. The hero Tristan goes to Ireland to ask the hand of the princess Isolde for his uncle, King Mark of Cornwall. On their return the two mistakenly drink a love potion prepared for the king and fall deeply in love.
- Encyclopedia Britannica

>> No.21994691

>>21994436
Ahhh yeah bring it on, hurt me more dawg

>> No.21994701

>>21994298
I am that anon. I have been forced into psychiatric care against my will, and was not allowed out for a few weeks. Maybe it was a couple of months. Couldn't tell. It only made me worse.

>> No.21994704

>>21994157
Thank you. I had heard the opposite. I will research this.

>> No.21994727

>>21994701
Try hitting a gym anon. As long as you don't chase girls half your age it's a good way to keep yourself busy. You can always check out. Something I've written in my diary (desu) is that Lady Death is a patient lover. She'll take you with open arms any time you decide to come to her, and she has all the time in the world.

>> No.21994762

>>21994627
That isnt me, I'm not invested in you, and I'm not fat. Desu it would be funny to see someone larp as me though. What image do you get when you think of a european immigrant to Los Angeles who has a passing interest in literature and philosophy?

>> No.21994847

>>21994366
Plus, her dad is a cool dude, and I think it would be a low blow to do something like that, in the hypothesis that his daughter would ever want to go out with me. The problem is going to be that she's gonna be there all the time and I'll have to not look at her.

>> No.21994868
File: 36 KB, 738x570, songoflife.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21993684
You listed Abrahamic religions, Buddhism, and Hinduism, ignoring everything else. You ignored process philosophy and spirituality.

THIS is reality:
>>21990980

THIS is reality:
https://old.reddit.com/r/sorceryofthespectacle/comments/138zdhi/cosmic_creation_story/

Life is not suffering. Life includes suffering, but isn't encapsulated by it. Life is a romance with the universe, or it can be if you learn.

>> No.21994879

>>21994868
>Christianity, Hinduism, and Buddhism makes up around 71% of Humanity
>Noooooooo, your wrong
Are you sure you want to use this method to argue this? Because to 71% of the world, your wrong.

>> No.21994897

>>21994879
I forgot Islam in that, the 4 biggest religions are:
Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism in that order.

>> No.21994902

>>21993684
You ignored Lakota spirituality, not to mention all other indigenous spiritualities:

https://www.wolfwalkercollection.com/blogs/news/aho-mitakuye-oyasin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHbXk63wMTI

>> No.21994908

>>21994879
Argument from popularity.

>> No.21994960

>>21994868
Process deeze nuts

>> No.21994968

>>21994960
Process them yourself, nobody else wants to.

>> No.21995128

>>21994902
>dead or highly revised religions
okay, I consider them more LARPs now than anything.
>>21994908
Is it? Or is it such an integral part of reality that all these different religions hit on the same idea?

>> No.21995191

>>21995128
Perennialism is retarded. Vedic religions and Abrahamic religions are very different in composition

>> No.21995196

>>21995191
Go look up what Perennialism means, then read what you replied too, then read what you just wrote and tell me where you made your mistake.

>> No.21995200

>>21995196
Go and stop being a faggot and kill yourself immediately

>> No.21995600
File: 637 KB, 680x662, 1666471603399316.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21995200
I win!