[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 4 KB, 640x941, tiqqun.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2198980 No.2198980 [Reply] [Original]

is everyone scared of being tracked after the downtime or something?
this is being inactive as fuck! this is becoming a 7chan board.

anyways, i crossed these guys some time ago and their writings are very interesting. u know them? what do u think?
its in the vein of "the coming insurrection" but more theorical/philosophical and less propagandistic.
they are influenced mainly by debord and foucault. also by negri in a certain way but they are really critic about him. also agamben shows up.
Recommended anti-intellectualist reading if you dont wanna fall on zizek badiou etc

>> No.2199027

"nobody likes /lit/"

>> No.2199393
File: 33 KB, 500x380, tumblr_lpmfdgSgPT1qazn0eo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

french bamp

>> No.2199397
File: 449 KB, 833x1277, pTrSD.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.2199605

>>>/eh/

>> No.2199609

What's wrong with Badiou?

>Implying metapolitics isn't the greatest theoretical innovation since Deleuzian rhizomes.

>> No.2199634

/lit/ is always slow as fuck
man i swear to god i have seen nights, nights on which 4chan was fully functioning, with 20 minute intervals between posts
not even lying, brah
not even lying

>> No.2199660

I dig their style OP.

>> No.2199663

>Post in thread
>Go to sleep
>Wake up
>Page 2
>Read three responses to post
>Reply
>Repeat

It is the /lit/ tradition.

'Night.

>> No.2200155
File: 5 KB, 259x194, images..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2199609
>implying these intellectuals are still relevant

well im not gonna argue about the metapolitics thing, i dont know it enough; and even if it is true what you say, that gives me reason: he still thinks that philosophy is to play the same role that it played in 60-80s france and europe. the better his philosophy compared with "french theory" the less relevant it is today; not by its content, which might be great, but by the ways he "makes" it.

he's still doing the same act but its meaning changes today. it is exacly like those artist that make ready mades today and think theyre dadaists..

so yeah, it might be a great theoretical invention and maybe 20 years before he wouldve been god, but today it js just pathetic to see him in these french talk-shows talkin and defending communism, being acclaimed by all the radio and tv people and feeling that he is really rad. he might be radical but in todays france thats not too hard.

you guys should check mehdi B. kacem. he was his student but there was a controversy some years ago in france with badiou. he wrote "the spirit of nihilism". worth checking.

>> No.2200157

>>2199609
haven't read him, but it seems like he is not only an Idealist but believes in the spontaneous revelation of absolute truth... I think there are enough quixotic pseudo-religious philosophies around already. Please tell me if I'm mistaken.

>> No.2200163
File: 554 KB, 295x221, seinfeld_enough_gif.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh god. This tiqqun shit again. Look, if some non-pretentious person wants to actually help me understand what the fuck they're trying to get across, (if anything), then I'm all ears. But as it stands, I can't stand Tiqqun or the pretentious fucks who applaud them. Give me Wolfi Landstreicher, Fredy Perlman, Severino Di Giovanni, the Bonnot Gang, etc.. any day over these fucks.

>> No.2200170

>>2200157
>quixotic pseudo-religious philosophies

haha i like that one and feel compelled to agree.
however, maybe a philosophy is structured like a religion and theyre just differents forms of the same thing...

take foucault and power par exemple. his most influential works are those who analysed and described how power/knowledge works. then his late books and courses on ethics and the self-techniques didnt really get as much attention as the previous ones. and if maybe they did, it was just inside philosophy or hippies.

here, i believe that any positive philosophy, in the sens of one that proposes a course of action (eg foucault's "making ones life an art piece"), is not so different of what a religion or any so called cult does. (not to say that is good or bad)
while a negative approach, a critic one, a descriptive one, shows us a wider image and then we can take action knowing how our previous belief in how things worked was really a part of that "work"; no need for a theory. or if you want, the theory is written while acting.

>> No.2200172

>>2200163
>help me understand what the fuck they're trying to get across

thats why people love so much badiou zizek rancier and all those.
cause they take em just like priests, they want intellectuals to tell them, if not what to do, how things "really are".

well maybe theyre not trying to get across anything, theyre not a political party nor a philosophy. maybe they are an exemple on how we dont need any of the classical politics we've been doing so far to "get something across", that we can do it ourselves.

>> No.2200191

>>2200170
I don't feel like all philosophical texts are equally religioform. I just cannot understand why anyone today would want to reinvent absolute truth when we literally spent centuries trying to overcome that notion. I suspect that it might just be a career move, some 'new' philosophy has to be invented in order to engage in 'debate' and go against the grain, and the easiest way to invent something new is to dig up something old... 'oh, I want to be against the current trend, so I will be anti-postmodern! But of course I want to be a special snowflake so instead of just going back to old idealism I will pretend to believe the world is made of math!' This is what Badiou sounds like to me.