[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.00 MB, 400x263, 56467.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2197814 [Reply] [Original]

Say it over and over again till it sounds like something else. if it transforms multiple times, post each result.

My word; Vehicle

Started to sound like "Real cool"

Oh the joys of the English Language.

Lets do this!!

>> No.2197817

My word: poop dick shit miser

Started to sound like "original poster"

>> No.2197823

floccinaucinihilipilification

sounds like

watermelon

if you say it fast enough

>> No.2197826

This phenomenon fucks with my head so hard. I keep repeating a word and it looses all meaning. Semantics disappear and the utterance becomes something so completely foreign that i do not know what it is I am saying. Alienation through repetition.
repetition
repetition
repetition
repetition
repetition
repetition
repetition
repetition
repetition
repe tit ion
ion tits repertorie
im about to throw up

>> No.2197829

>>2197826

loses*
repertoire*
loses*
repertoire
loses*
repertoire*loses*
repertoire*
loses*
repertoire
loses*
repertoire*

>> No.2197844

>>2197826
Yeah, I would think this is true of any language, not just English. Is there some formal term for it?

>>2197814
My bird, be it culled.

>> No.2197856

>>2197844
The thing about the english language is that it can be used to romanize all the Other languages and the alphabet can be arranged to make all of the native sounds of those languages, without having to use the particular "special" characters in that languages alphabet.

You cant make hebrew sound like japanese. But you can make english letters sound japanese and hebrew.

hehe got another word

Hebrew.. turns into.."He Brew". Cheers! =P

>> No.2197862

>>2197856
Yeah, but I would think the process of something losing meaning as you repeat repeat repeat it would be auditory-cognitive-speech based.
But iono. Not a neuroscientist over here, just trying to be.

Biochemistry is really hard.

Heber, heber, heber, heber, hey bro, hey bro, hey bro....uh oh...

>> No.2197875

>>2197862
yeah the way words change has nothing to do with the words themselves, aside from the fact that the letters make certain sounds.. then those sounds are interpreted by as, repetitively and altered by our imagination. Maybe our brains are getting confused or something. Dont know. Also, awesome biochemistry. Wish i was book smart. lol

>> No.2198415 [SPOILER] 
File: 65 KB, 533x600, seeyouin3days.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApqUwNIoBkk

do