[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 40 KB, 650x533, i-cant-explain-why.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2197553 [Reply] [Original]

I missed you /lit/

;__;

>> No.2197694 [DELETED] 

Sieg Heil!

Moot/reddit/all these fag sites say "don't permit the government to censor the web!"
Meanwhile, banned for racism! banned for hate speech! Banned for unpopular opinions!

>> No.2197715

>>2197694
>doesn't understand that someone can support your free speech and still not want to be a part of it
A newspaper editor refuses to print your ramblings, so you decide to print them off yourself and hand out flyers. Then some jackass attacks you. The newspaper editor, seeing this happen, runs to your aid. When the attacker flees, the editor picks up your flyers off the ground and hands them back to you so that you can resume distributing them freely.

This isn't contradictory. Someone can disagree with and disapprove of a message you're expressing, and thus not want to be party to its expression, but also feel that you have the right to express it yourself.

Also, I think the bans for racism and such are extremely rare.

>> No.2197724

>>2197715
"I may not agree with you but I will defend your right to say it."
--Voltaire

>> No.2197733

also being banned from a privately-held internet message board is not the same as bein' censored by the government

>> No.2197742

hooray now we don't have to read again