[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 242 KB, 1095x1368, Jupiter and Thetis Júpiter_y_Tetis,_por_Dominique_Ingres.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21967945 No.21967945 [Reply] [Original]

Why does the narrator in Zorba the Greek sound homosexual? Is it just a cultural difference that I'm ignorant of, or was Kazantzakis writing homoerotic relationships?

>> No.21968239
File: 8 KB, 300x287, CA42F763-5D37-4BB3-98ED-53E9603586B2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got that vibe too but the narrator is not homosexual just an insufferable pseudo. We know Kazantzakis himself was not homosexual but I doubt he had really strong opinions about it. It’s possible that it’s just a cultural disconnect Greeks being a more passionate Mediterranean people with close male friendships. I kinda feel the homosexual revolution in the west has damaged the potential for close male relationships and love for your brothers. No millennial or Zoomer can imagine loving another persons soul without it being a sexual love. Just ask any libshiters opinion on Frodo and Sam from lord of the rings for example. In conclusion the boss is not gay just a prissy intellectual who can’t live in the moment. I hope you enjoy the book and continue to read more Kazantzakis.

>> No.21968560

>>21968239
> I kinda feel the homosexual revolution in the west has damaged the potential for close male relationships and love for your brothers.
Wrong. It predates it in the Anglo world by centuries. Stop trying to blame fags. Also there’s nothing wrong if there is an erotic element, as the ancient Greeks knew