[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 63 KB, 600x985, dreams.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21949981 No.21949981 [Reply] [Original]

Was German Idealism the last line of defense against nihilism?

>> No.21949985

>>21949981
Yes. Even in the instances it was not fully on Ok terms with God as the central metaphysical concept, german idealism idolized human history and was basically "HUMANITY FUCK YEAH".

>> No.21949993

>>21949981
It was a movement of obscurantism for those too stupid to understand Kant who got triggered over Kant's remark of their "irremediable lack", leading them to try to find any cope that mickey mouse fields like cat theory or formal logic are distinct from a theory of perception including a priori space, so that they would be less insecure of not applying theit big brain to actual advancement og knowledge. Kant destroyed all of you in advance.

>> No.21950806

>>21949981
No

Read Roger Scruton (Scrutan?) Or any other british idealsits. If you are really lazy, just watch the Scruton documentary called "Why Beauty?"

Disclamer his shit is on my reading list so i havent gotten too deep. Call me a pseud if u like

>> No.21950837

No. Analytic Philosophy was the last attempt. The defense against nihilism didn't come from their positive claims for the most part (although G.E. Moore's realism definitely is anti-nihilistic), but their methodology. Essentially, in their eyes, if philosophy can become as rigorous as science or mathematics, then real progress can be made.