[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 159 KB, 677x407, dt7-12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2192372 [Reply] [Original]

what does /lit think about the Dark Tower series?

>> No.2192377

I like the bit where he got his fingers eaten.

It was how King added a fault to what would have been a faultless character.

>> No.2192382

Good Themes, fun ideas, a lot of cliches but fun mix of cliches. WTF ending, (Not even mentioning the epilogue, here, WTF is with the climax?
Definitely worth the read, especially if you're a Stephen King Fan.

>> No.2192391

Stephen King's good at the buildup, the tension and setup and character development. He's bad at climaxes and endings. Doesn't outline. So when he does a series, it's not surprising that the setup books are good and the ending books are weak. I'd say 3 and 4 are the strongest, with 1,2,5 being solid enough and 6 and 7 being "Oh my fucking God, I almost died from that car accident, I don't want to leave the Dark Tower with no ending, better rush things out. Interested in seeing how the new book turns out. And I hope they make a movie, cause of all his books the Dark Tower had the best characters.

>> No.2192394
File: 46 KB, 400x533, stop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>mfw last 2 books
Why is he even writing another?

>> No.2192404

I enjoyed the first book but have no desire to continues since I always read about how much of a trainwreck the final books are.

>> No.2192412

I thought the last 3 books felt rushed and ended the series weakly. The part I find amusing is that he was supposedly 'retiring' after book 7, and instead his muse has grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and is shaking books out of him left and right. He can't seem to stop...not that that's necessarily bad...just amusing from a fan's point of view.