[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 133 KB, 766x1181, finalempire.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2191401 [Reply] [Original]

Wow. he does it again, after reading The Way of Kings 4months ago I said I would read the Mistborn series. I took a while getting to it but wow.

He does it again. I am thoroughly impressed with the first book. The second is on order.

Brandon Sanderson appreciation thread?

>> No.2192074

Sanderson is a great author and I am glad he was chosen to finish up the Wheel of Time series. mistborn is a great series and his latest mistborn book (Alloy of Law) is a hit imo as well.

>> No.2192153
File: 58 KB, 250x391, The-Alloy-of-Law.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Yeah man Alloy of Law is awesome, I'm at chapter 4 of the 6 available online as a preview.
I like it even more than mistborn because of not only the new interesting powers in that universe but the effects on society and religion of what happened at the end of the original trilogy.

The ending of Mistborn will blow your mind.

>> No.2192484
File: 14 KB, 107x149, crazy brandon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

the only thing I haven't read from him is that childrens book that's like a light hearted harry potter, again it has a unique magic system but I never found Sanderson's characters particulary humorous (maybe with the exception of Mat Cauthon in WoT but that could've been Jordan's notes)

still, I've been reading Discworld novels and enjoying them, maybe I'll feel the same way with other light hearted fantasy stories

either way he's one of my favorite story-telling authors

>> No.2192520

>>2191401
I've never seen any printed version of that book with that cool looking cover. Not that the ones I have are bad but that looks even better.

Or is it an e-book cover?