[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 351 KB, 995x1061, adam_lanza.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21899544 No.21899544 [Reply] [Original]

As I fixed up and enjoyed my breakfast this morning I watched a branch of the mainstream media cover the Kentucky shooter (big mistake). At one point the "law enforcement correspondent," a hideous late middle-aged mulatto, was brought on to provide an assessment of the shooter's character and motives: "He was a coward. There's nothing else to say."

This isn't surprising; along with the one that goes, "He was evil. There's nothing else to say," it's the same standard mainstream media-approved line that I've heard over and over again every time there's a shooting of this sort. I understand these sentiments as a lament of least resistance in a time of anguish and a position where the killer's actions seem incomprehensible ("Why? They were such good people, they had families and children," etc), or perhaps more appropriately as a capitalization on real sentiments in order to push a political agenda, but it is also true that this attitude will never take us any closer to an understanding of the very real motives behind those actions. As an aside, it must take a tremendous amount of resolve (or else complete and utter apathy) to take on such a final undertaking, and so the charge of cowardice seems unintentionally comical (what was he scared of?) and only from a place of purely emotional grief or rage, but that is neither here nor there.

The killer was not born some Satan, with an understanding of the task at hand and a philosophy of waiting for the right moment to strike. As the history of mass shooters might make clear, he was a person that probably could have been born into any number of other human societies and managed NOT to attempt to murder people.

So what led to this unhappy conclusion? Are there any sociological (or maybe psychological) books that can shed light on the subject? It seems to me that they might be forthcoming from my cursory understanding of topics like Durkheim's anomie, Marx's alienation (both from species-being and from other individuals), and what Weber describes as the "iron cage" (if I remember it correctly).

>> No.21899555

>>21899544
Have you seen the radio interview by your pic related? It was pretty insightful in itself.

>> No.21899584

>>21899544
Unstable households. A lot of these mass shooters grow up under single mothers.

>> No.21899596

>>21899544
IIRC he developed a Messianic view of himself where he thought he could save children from suffering by killing them. He lived in near total isolation and only interacted with other people who were also obsessed with a romanticized view of violence.

>> No.21899630

>>21899555
I just read it, thanks for bringing it up. I hadn't heard about it before. Is there a solid consensus on whether that was really him? He's much more articulate than I would've expected.

It's very grim if it was, in light of what happened. It's so strange to me that we can acknowledge that a child's socialization has a profound impact on their behavior and worldview, especially vis-a-vis other (more "primitive") societies, and yet people don't draw the obvious connection between the way that we organize ourselves and the monstrous things that many so often end up thinking and doing. And yet we seem (or only pretend) to be so concerned with it. It goes doubly so if that is Adam Lanza, because if it is he was clearly of at least above-average intelligence.

Or maybe I'm like him, seeing associations where there aren't any.

>> No.21899634

>>21899596
What antinatalism does to a mf

>> No.21899639

>>21899596
>He lived in near total isolation and only interacted with other people who were also obsessed with a romanticized view of violence.
based

>> No.21899659

>>21899596
I wasn't aware of that, but you point to what might be more important in a survey and assessment of greater breadth: his isolation. I wonder to what extent it is merely social isolation that breeds these types rather than other factors present in the way we organize ourselves presently. I'm not too familiar with the lives of very many mass shooters but off the top of my head it seems like they are not all as isolated as Lanza was. The Kentucky guy for example. But that's definitely worth a deeper exploration.

>> No.21899881

>>21899544
I just took a trip down the Adam Lanza rabbit hole, it's grim. Can't help but think things would've been different if had friends or a gf. Basically this:
>>21899634

>>21899596
Where do you get the Messianic view of himself stuff, and the romanticism of violence? He seems like the most dreary downer I've ever heard of but I haven't seen anything about that.

>> No.21899894

>"He was a coward. There's nothing else to say."
Yup. Law enforcement nailed it in one go. Didn’t read whatever the hell you wrote.

>> No.21899899

>>21899555
I remember watching some of his youtube vids before the channel got taken down. He was clearly a schizo but I’m surprised by how articulate he was given that his wikipedia article made his sound like some nonfunctional super-spaz.

>> No.21899905
File: 23 KB, 307x475, Going Postal Rage, Murder, and Rebellion from Reagan's Workplaces to Clinton's Columbine and Beyond.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21899544
This book is good

>> No.21899915

>>21899894
What was he scared of, that the easier option was to walk into a bank and start murdering people and shooting at police? Because somewhere up there on my list of reasons I wouldn't do that is, "I'm too scared to for fear of what will happen to me."

>> No.21899937

>>21899905
This looks perfect, thanks. What'd you like about it?

>> No.21899971

In America, it's easier than anywhere else on the planet to be completely, utterly alone. People are superficially friendly, yeah, but if you're not in any social circles it's like you're not even human.

For example: Watch a video of some Australian cops. They are worlds nicer than American cops, and they start out friendly, because they assume a basic sense of community with the perp (he's an aussie like us). Same with France, Japan, England, Russia, everywhere. Community in these countries is not optional -- if you go to France, you are in their community, and while this has some downsides, it's also a wonderful thing. In America, there is no American community. America is like one giant atmosphere filled with a sea of clouds, each containing little communities, but if you happen to fall through this sea of clouds, you will have nothing and be no one. There is no common courtesy, no guaranteed sense of brotherhood or kinship between Americans. It is this situation which creates mass killers -- that faint societal web 99% of us have no need for is what protects us from killers. Because deep down, they are like you and me, only sadder. They just need that little sense of purpose, belonging, that "You good mate?" which makes them feel they are a human too, and they matter. And in America, you won't get that.

>> No.21900046

>>21899971
Maybe in some states and cities, but I live in the "Bible-belt" where people have more hospitality. It is also a higher context culture of manners (not necessarily nicer people) but it's still one that values grace and treating people nicer than they deserve. You'd have to have isolated yourself by being a shut in, have mobility issues, or brain blast yourself with drugs to feel no community here.

>> No.21900058

>>21899937
I liked shilling for radio war nerd

>> No.21900070

>>21900046
I've lived in the bible belt all my life, but more in the suburbs. Generally that sense of community only exists in small towns or church groups.

>> No.21900090

>>21899544
This is one of those topics were imo there isn't anything much deeper than unstable and isolated people feeling impotent lashing out.
There might be some sociological factors facilitating that isolation or sense of despair like the general decline of communal organizations.

>> No.21900108

>>21899894
bigotry: the post

>> No.21900133

>>21900090
>move along, citizen
>there is nothing to discuss here
>there is no deeper understanding
>he was just [insert official talking point here]

>> No.21900134

>>21899905
>the problem is... le corporations
enlightening

>> No.21900139

>>21900133
Weird how you suddenly turn to
>he dindu nuffin
when it's about white incels.

>> No.21900143

>>21899544
>As I fixed up and enjoyed my breakfast
what was wrong with your breakfast?

>> No.21900149

>>21900134
it is though

>> No.21900191

>>21900133
If there's anything deeper to discuss about it, it's that people are not much different than frustrated, over socialized animals. school system seems to be a major part of that.

yes, there's probably a million ways to change the recipe for cake, but how much do you really get out of exploring that deeper? the insight has been mined, yet governments are slow to act. I'd guess because they're not sure how to further optimize the problem and there's already plenty of compromise in the system given the constraints.

>> No.21900196

>>21900139
The meme refers to people attempting to absolve blacks of responsibility for their actions. The reality of external influences on thought and behavior does not absolve individuals of responsibility for their actions. You can hold black criminals and white mass shooters responsible while also acknowledging that external factors exist which push people into characteristic patterns. I'm not that anon, but if I sound more sympathetic towards whites it's probably because I don't like black people.

>>21900143
It wasn't cooked yet

>> No.21900204

>>21899881
>Can't help but think things would've been different if had friends or a gf

He said himself that he was so skinny that it rendered him asexual

>> No.21900222

>>21899544
That mulatto is paid to say exactly that, that the shooter was a coward and doesn't deserve any more attention or any second thought, so other terminally online chuds are not encouraged and inspired.

>> No.21900233

>>21900133
I wasn't denying there can be deeper causes to people feeling alienated or lonely, but if you look at most mass shooters there is rarely any coherent statement or political reason beyond that sense of despair.
If you look at a school shooter you aren't gonna find some super deep reason beyond the person feeling despair at their life circumstances or being bullied or having a shit family life.
It really depends though from case to case. A school shooter has a very different underlying motivation than a radical Islamic terrorist or a white nationalist. There is no singular reason people commit shootings.

>> No.21900263

>>21900191
It's a matter of emphasis and teleology. To what end to we organize ourselves today, and how is it different from previous epochs? A better understanding ideally leads to better or more practical solutions, though I don't deny there is an inertia that seems almost insurmountable. The idea that we should rely on governments to solve these problems when they seem to have a vested interest in keeping them going might be one part of that.

>> No.21900301

School/mass shooting have been increasing in frequency because the media has made it clear that's what you should do if you're a nutter.
Before school shootings became a meme, your average violent schizo would just kill himself and maybe his parents too,
but now that it's been established that schools are filled with valid targets, how could he resist?
They're right there, ripe for the picking.

>> No.21900307
File: 74 KB, 782x782, 3C8D764A-D31B-4A34-8DD8-6F03BFB99EBB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21900196
No such external factors exist. Unless someone is poor or disabled, there is no reason to say race is anywhere near a factor in criminal investigation, especially nowadays. It’s like you give them lemons and they just turn around and make piss. Not my fucking problem. Same goes for women, homosexuals and any other so called “oppressed” demographic in this day and age. It’s especially pertinent nowadays when they are given so much opportunity and then squander it for nothing.

>> No.21900312

>>21899544
>This isn't surprising; along with the one that goes, "He was evil. There's nothing else to say,"
It shouldn't be surprising at all, since so many things have the causes purposefully blotted out, as the cause of Why will reveal some horrific thing about everyday life - the twin towers for example and the motives for that, also Columbine.

Stilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll,
Lanza was an idiot.

But you're right, it's the false narrative which stems from denial and cover-up which creates worse situations. Pretty sure if Columbine or 9/11 had gotten real scrutiny as to the causes of these two things that lessons would have been learned and the causes would have been remedied long long ago.

>>21899596
Christians.

>> No.21900318

>>21899544
I think the biggest single motivator is a desire to do something for which one might be remembered. the fact of the matter is that any of these shooters might have lived and died anonymously, perhaps without even a snippet in the newspaper to mark their names (or at least they likely felt so. whether or not their families etc actually felt like that is irrelevant). at least by killing others they got to be the star of a short-lived media sensation, and got their own wikipedia articles.
etc etc
so in the end I blame the mass media 100%. reporting on acts of terrorism (that is, crimes committed mostly for notoriety) should be heavily restricted and terrorists (in these cases the shooters) should not be publicized, name or face.

>> No.21900321

>>21899544
>Christians.

As I think more, the psychology remains the same as it did in the pr-revolutionary days. Remember that it took General Washington physically sending troops to shoot people who were burning their townsfolk as witches, and LaFayette also resorted to mass cannoning of people who just refused to stop thinking like this.

I mean that when we pretend XYZ is "Evil" it's the same thing; we invent a magical narrative to excuse ourselves from proper remedy of all the problems which resulted in the terrible thing happening.

>> No.21900326

>>21900233
Then I suppose the next question, if the contemporary prevalence of mass shootings is an increased sense of loneliness and/or alienation, what are the mechanisms that resulted in that new loneliness and/or alienation, and how different in nature is it from loneliness and/or alienation that existed previously? It seems to me it must differ considerably, because only a few decades ago (prior to the 1980s maybe) these were almost entirely unheard of, and the ones that did occur were likely due to entirely different motives (e.g. the University of Texas tower shooting).

>> No.21900328

>>21900090
>unstable and isolated people feeling impotent lashing out
That doesn't really speak towards the 99.9% of unstable isolated people that never lash out. This is the sort of thought-termination that OP was referring to. Its how you can guarantee more of the same. Obviously those are factors, but I think what's at task is figuring out "unstable, isolated, and... ? "

Predisposition towards violence? Did they hurt animals? Lack of empathy?

>> No.21900330

>>21900318
A real society would take advantage of media technology to perform in depth interviews an debates in order to understand why and convince the person publicly why they were wrong. Then a merciful death.

I find the pixelblocks to be a psychotic thing.

>> No.21900362

>>21900307
I don't know exactly what you're trying to say, but obviously external factors exist. Kids that grow up in shitty impoverished crime-ridden neighborhoods in single parent households are going to have a higher incidence of being fuck-ups whether they're black, white, or Chinese. It doesn't excuse them when they decide to pick up a gun and start robbing and assaulting and murdering, but I hope you'd agree with that much at least. Whether or not there's other more internal factors like genetic predisposition, which I think is what you're talking about, is besides the point.

>> No.21900378

>>21900326
Globalization, atomization, the decline of communal organizations and organized religion; & how social media/the internet supplanted these communities. Are some factors I'd single out as comtributing to the phenomenon.
I'm not trying to as others accused me to ignore these factors, I just don't find it particularly interesting as a phenomenon.
While school shootings are new, terrorism or violence in general arent. People have always lashed out when they feel like they aren't being heard in some way.
What's unique about school shooters imo is that the action is more often individual, compared to the bomb throwing radicals of the early 20th century who were much more motivated by radical utopian ideologies.

>> No.21900400

>>21900362
I’m not a behaviorist. Obviously they do, but I’m this day and age with so many opportunities they still seem to choose violence over rational thought

>> No.21900403

>>21900330
Unfortunately I don't think that'd have the effect you think, though I don't agree with the anon you replied to either.

Reading through the Adam Lanza stuff, no amount of argumentation was going to convince him that he was wrong, because from his premise he wasn't wrong. At this point it is a different matter though. The mainstream media seems to be adamant in its refusal to expose "dangerous" perspectives to the public. A pretty chilling topic itself.

>> No.21900418

>>21900403
>ADAM LANZAS PREMISE WASN'T WRONG
WTF ANON you just volunteered for the treatment. Prepare yourself for a media tour the likes of peterson or trump, by the end of the whole world will wish you dead.

>> No.21900428
File: 2.43 MB, 540x443, sam getting away with it again (5).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Its a pretty safe assumption at this point that at least one or two mass shootings (if not more) were either blamed on a patsy or directly coerced/MKultra'd into the act by glowies. Las Vegas is my top pick for this.

>> No.21900432

>>21900400
Yeah, personally I don't think it unlikely that there is some sort of biological predisposition at work but obviously that opens up a whole can of worms that, in my mind, can safely be reckoned with later

>> No.21900434

>>21900301

This. In a very real way the schizos really are being programmed to committ mass murder by the media, in the same way that psychopaths are programmed to be serial killers.

>> No.21900438

>The killer was not born some Satan
You think bad things happen because people lack knowledge? Bad is intrinsic and if you defeat evil in one place it grows the same head in another place. Adam Lanza understood that existence in the monster.

Existence is like a video game where it is programmed that the amount of good and bad are always equal and in a never ending conflict. This is the blurst of all possible worlds.

>> No.21900444

>>21899596
>Thought he could save children from suffering
He caused a lot more suffering and trauma in the act of killing the kids though.
>But those kids in particular-
Probably endured more terror, fear, and pain in the process of being gunned down than the motions of growing up ever would. Fucking hell, what a loon.

>> No.21900445

>>21900418
I think he got what he deserved (if only too quick maybe), but yeah the revelation that moral premises are culturally conditioned and not physical realities or rational determinations is pretty scary even today. Reminds me of that essay by Thomas Carlyle on utilitarianism, "by which Hume was so coldly towing them and the world into bottomless abysses of Atheism and Fatalism."

>> No.21900449

>born into the easiest period in human existence
>still manage to freak the fuck out and break down mentally to the point of Suicide By Cop: Nuclear Boogaloo
The LEO was right, but he's also too much of a pussy to address the hard fact that these human failures only carry out this specific course of action because of media glorification.

>> No.21900454

>>21900428
Vegas was undeniable glowy shit, but the rest of the American mass shootings are generally symptoms of a damaged society which the alphabet feds contribute to but are not directly causing. Idk, Sandy Hook's media coverage was sketchy as fuck imho but that doesn't really work as evidence that the event itself was staged.
If you're looking for some 9/11 levels of staged shit then just read about the Port Arthur Massacre. That was a falseflag if I've ever fucking seen one.

>> No.21900462

>>21899971
>Community in these countries is not optional -- if you go to France, you are in their community, and while this has some downsides, it's also a wonderful thing. In America, there is no American community. America is like one giant atmosphere filled with a sea of clouds, each containing little communities, but if you happen to fall through this sea of clouds, you will have nothing and be no one. There is no common courtesy, no guaranteed sense of brotherhood or kinship between Americans. It is this situation which creates mass killers -- that faint societal web 99% of us have no need for is what protects us from killers. Because deep down, they are like you and me, only sadder. They just need that little sense of purpose, belonging, that "You good mate?" which makes them feel they are a human too, and they matter. And in America, you won't get that.

This is such bullshit, burger hands type this. Western Europe is just as individualistic and lonely as America. What you're saying is true for Third World countries, where community ties are strong, but that's not the case here. americans don't seem to understand that

stop it with the eat pray love bullshit, europe isn't some sort of haven for authenticity and traditional community ties, it's just america with nicer buildings and better educated people

>> No.21900465

>>21899971
Nigger france is completely overwhelmed and subverted by mudslimes what in FUCK are you on about. Just stop posting holy shit.

>> No.21900471

>>21900449
I really wish more people realized this. It guarantees notoriety and a lot -- perhaps all of them -- want some form of attention to be paid to them.

I wouldn't call it glorification, per se, but media coverage doesn't help as much as people think.

>> No.21900474

>>21900438
I only mean to say that, things different, Adam Lanza might not have been a mass murderer. I don't have an optimistic view of human nature but thankfully I don't believe it so bad that Adam Lanza's actions can be fully understood through it.

>> No.21900477

>>21900471
It glorifies the course of action to people whose goal has become to inflict as much suffering and spite upon the rest of the world as they themselves perceive the world has inflicted on them. It's psychological, individual terrorism and it follows much the same MO as political or religious terrorism.

>> No.21900480

>>21900474
Adam Lanza was congenitally mentally ill and was always going to kill himself. He committed the most atrocious and destructive means of suicide possible, but it was still ultimately suicide. You can protect your society from antihuman individuals, and you can structure your society to prevent the formation or continued existence of those antihumans, but you can't fix those antihumans at a scale or rate that matters.

>> No.21900494

>>21900480
If you structure your society to prevent the formation of those antihumans then don't you fix those antihumans on a scale that matters? What do you call those that don't undergo that formation into antihumans?

>> No.21900499

>>21900477
>>21900471
I don't deny that this is a recurring theme but I don't think it's as universal as you guys think. Consider the cases of the 1980s, people "going postal" and shooting up workplaces. Not saying that these weren't covered extensively by the media, but investigations have shown time and time again motives for the crimes that have nothing to do with notoriety. Also consider the Kentucky bank shooting this week.

>> No.21900502

>>21900454
QRD or a book on the subject?

>> No.21900514

>>21900149
It looks like the author was on the right track, but his hypothesis is not extensible to contemporary shooters neatly, and the issue with that is that there is obviously some sort of continuity or common kernel connecting workplace shootings of the 1980s to the more random-ish shootings of today.

>> No.21900527
File: 28 KB, 640x473, xdl5x49ugbsa1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21899894
The police are bigger cowards though

>> No.21900541

>>21900462
>it's just america with nicer buildings and better educated people
Absolute cope

>> No.21900551

>>21900541
>Typed from my McMansion.

>> No.21900555

>>21900541
>it's just
That is not cope. That is him taking ownership of the situation.

>> No.21900558

>>21899596
>>21899634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqeN2RRR3xQ

>> No.21900562

>>21900502
Port Arthur?
Local retarded man who can't even drive himself around gets ahold of military firearm, drives himself downtown and proceeds to make MLG pro FPS players look like scrubs by getting off record-setting amounts of headshots in the tightest time window humanly imaginable. Guns banned throughout the country the following week. Local retard then mysteriously loses all superpowers and goes back to drooling on himself.

>> No.21900571

>21899630
>>21899899
If you go down the psychology rabbit hole there are some very uncomfortable truths you have to face. A very simple one that few people really accept is how decisive the environment one grows up in is.

Also many paranoid schizophrenics have a contained stable delusion that leaves their cognitive abilities intact. That's totally different than affective psychoses or unregulated delusions that wreck a personality. He could even become successful if his delusion was channeled in a correct way, like in many successful ultra rich folks

>> No.21900576

>>21900571
translation: psychologists cope hard for the politicization of their field that has allowed the mental health institutions of this country to be entirely dismantled by big pharma, quote "well its #notallpsychopaths"

>> No.21900582

>>21899971
I'm not American but I get the same sense about the country. It's not that different in European mega-cities though

>> No.21900585

>>21899971
>In America, it's easier than anywhere else on the planet to be completely, utterly alone.
Not an excuse to shoot up schools.

>> No.21900617

>>21900378
I don't think I agree with your characterization of the differences between new shooters and terrorists. Terrorists act in service of some political agenda or ideal, whereas civilian shooters do not, and probably do not think of their targets as enemies in the same way.

>> No.21900649

>>21899544
check out Heroes: Mass Murder and Suicide

>> No.21900665

>>21900617
Yeah that was my point school shooters are usually not politically motivated.

>> No.21900675
File: 18 KB, 265x375, The_Killing_of_America_DVD_Cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21900514
>the more random-ish shootings of today
Not so modern

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_XCKFHodwY

>> No.21900690

>>21900585
assessing a possible why isn't excusing an action. It's this moronic conflation that OP was complaining about.

>> No.21900694

>>21899544
It's called obscurantism anon. They're trying to hide the fact that the system produces desperation and alienation that leads people to do horrible things. That way they don't have to do anything about it. Instead, they're projecting the ultimate causes of these misdeeds on a mythical Satan, a vague and indescribable metaphysical evil which inexplicably tempts and compels lost souls into wrongdoing. And Americans by and large are an inane and superstitious lot, so many of them buy this non-explanation and clutch their talismans in fearful ignorance.

>> No.21900704

>>21899544
Gotta love the context of calling murderers and suicides cowards
>He's a coward!
>Obviously, I wake up every day with the ache to kill and the certaintly that every day until I slake my thirst for carnage will be an agony. But I'm brave, so I swallow my fury and hold it down for one more horrible day.
>Obviously I wake up every morning and face the certainty that every day will be exactly the same, each bleeding pointlessly into the next. I reel in horror at the pointless, endless misery that awaits me. But I'm a man, so I push all that aside and think of only what I owe others.
Very bleak. I kind of suspect these people have actually never felt that way, and are instead angry idiots lashing out at someone who has now slipped beyond their reach. Which is its own kind of irony.

>> No.21900715

>>21900694
By the way I would also like to point out how blaming guns is another evasive non-explanation. This is true for one elementary reason. It attributes agency to inanimate objects Like all tools, guns are a reflection of the intentions of the toolmaker. In this case the intention is to kill. But it reverses the matter to say that the intention of the tool is communicated by it and impressed on the user. No, the tool user applies the tool for the reasons it was made. What needs to be explained are those reasons as they are the primary cause of the consequences of the tool's application. Otherwise, the guns would just sit holstered.

So blaming guns is an evasion. It attributes intention the means by which agency effectuates its will, but not the ends which it seeks to achieve.

And, what of those ends? The official narrative says nothing of substance. It is mindless, inexplicable evil. It is merely "senseless violence." On the contrary. There's plenty sense to it. They just don't want you to see it.

>> No.21900719

>>21900715
>No, the tool user applies the tool for the reasons it was made.
because they have those reasons

>> No.21900726

>>21900704
Normal people don't wake up with either of those attitudes and people who kill themselves and others as a literal cry for attention instead of touching fucking grass ARE cowards.
Curious how you feel drawn to defend and identify with the weak and subhuman.

>> No.21900737

>>21900726
>weak
>kill more people than you ever will
uhhh

>> No.21900746

>>21900737
>strength is killing children with a modern firearm
c'mon now bud that's not even good bait. I could kill more children with my bear hands than Lanza did.

>> No.21900751

>>21900726
>as a literal cry for attention instead of touching fucking grass
That's an explanation in the same vein as the ''he was just evil bro" ones

>> No.21900754
File: 118 KB, 853x800, d453c02bbb432464bcbdb969e0493f43f4e5c1db7aef53d1e21b9158e1625fb7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21900746
>I could kill more children with my bear hands than Lanza did.
Interesting hypothesis... but do you have proof?

>> No.21900756

>>21900726
Explicitly what is cowardly about it? Wouldn't the cowardly thing be to silently rot away in some dark corner, unseen? What they do is literally bold and brazen. Perhaps wrong. Perhaps evil. Regardless, it is done in the face of everyone without a lot of regard for their own well being.

>> No.21900764

>>21900746
>bear hands
Watch out, boys, we got a genuine grizzly in here.

>> No.21900775

>>21900756
>Wouldn't the cowardly thing be to silently rot away in some dark corner, unseen
Bearing one's suffering cannot possibly be more cowardly than breaking down into a full-on spiteful rage and committing suicide by atrocity. What a confused concept of strength you have. Of course the most heroic thing would be to genuinely overcome your circumstances and improve the world, but you have to start with small steps.

>> No.21900793

>>21900719
The problem is that we have a very good reason to want to be able to own personal firearms, and these numerically insignificant but very sensational deaths are clearly not due to mere civilian ownership of firearms. These killings are a comparatively new occurrence.

When emotions are high the prospect of ending these killings at any cost might be cathartic, but it'd be a pretty hollow victory to proclaim that the only thing keeping the few civilians that die in these attacks alive, is the lack of access to firearms for people who would readily murder their own countrymen given the opportunity.

>> No.21900817

One more point. Don't get it twisted, obviously guns are a necessary condition for gun violence. But they aren't sufficient. There has to be something wrong with the culture for people to want to do this. Loss of community, social atomization, the "fend for yourself" competitive war of all against all that is unfettered free market capitalism, a crass materialism which ultimately encourages one to see others as objects, either as obstacles or resources to be removed or exploited. And so on

>> No.21900821

>>21900793
>These killings are a comparatively new occurrence.

I'm sure if you go to old local newspapers in anyway hickville you can find instances about bumpkins going mad and killing with some commentary involving phrenological or animal magnetism explanations

>> No.21900848

>>21900793
You're right. However it's a mistake to think only in terms of body counts. What also matters is the psychological attrition of mass shootings, the terror it creates . This sense--justified or not--that you can't be safe anywhere and that you might just get gunned down randomly by some crazy as you go about your day because he's mad at the world and has no healthy ways to cope with it.

Mass shooter psychology is driven in large part by emotional immaturity. These men are extremely lacking in coping skills and the ability to put their grievances in perspective. I came across the term "wound collectors" or something of the sort used in the literature on mass shootings. The idea is they lack grit and resilience. Rather than apply mental toughness to mitigate the distress caused by life's pains and misfortunes, they take it to mean that every time they encounter a spot of bad luck it's because everyone's out to get them. Such thinking indicates a deficit in emotional intelligence.

>> No.21900895

>>21900848
>every time they encounter a spot of bad luck it's because everyone's out to get them
>Such thinking indicates a deficit in emotional intelligence
Misogynist detected.

>> No.21900988

>>21900726
>Curious how you feel drawn to defend and identify with the weak and subhuman.
I feel drawn to identify with literally everyone.
>People who ... ARE cowards
In what way? What do you understand "coward" to mean? A coward is someone who is cowed, who fails to do something important because they're too afraid. What planet are you from where people murder others they KNOW are no threat to them, put themselves in harms way, literally INVITE death out of fear? It's irrational. It's stupid. It's evil. It's vile. But cowardly? How the fuck so? Because they didn't stick around for you to get YOUR frustrations out? Who the fuck would.
Like, it's obvious who's the bad guy here, but that doesn't mean you can just say stupid shit because you want to make yourself feel better. Accept that these fuckers made you feel insecure and powerless, don't invent some kind of nonsense system where you're super strong and brave for not feeling totally alienated and hopeless.

>> No.21901003

>>21899584
If not that, their father/uncle/auntie/cousin/teacher/foster parent/mother molested them or physically abused them.
Or they were just mentally insane (like Columbine/recent Louisville shooting)

>> No.21901006

Killers like that are like a tornado or a flood, a natural disaster. You might be able to point out particular elements (bullying, single mothers, lack of romantic success, feelings of resentment, etc.) whose confluence has an extremely high likelihood of producing such killers, but ultimately whatever formula you come up with will hardly be exact enough to have real predictive power, certainly not to the level of being able to delineate certain causes and effects because people don't all react the same to similar traumas.

>> No.21901043

>>21900821
>low-class scum get into a fight, bystanders drawn in
This isn't new, and the fact that 95% of "mass shootings" in the US are done by negroes demonstrates that. What's new is White people doing it.

>>21900817
Most (White) mass shooters are bizarre lefties who have persecution complexes pumped into their head 24/7 by the media and are told from birth that they'll be adored as a martyr if they hurt other people.

>> No.21901065

>>21900988
Not him but you could think in terms of cowardice because they "chose" to act out their frustration and achieve a release instead of suffering in themselves. That's subjective, from their vantage point. They had to choose between eternal struggle and misery and a violent release. That's ,I suspect, the reason people call suicide a cowardice.
Of course almost everyone that calls it that doesn't have a faint idea about a situation where killing yourself is the better option.

>> No.21901096

>>21901043
>persecution complexes pumped into their head 24/7 by the media and are told from birth that they'll be adored as a martyr if
Christians, Muslims, Jews.

>> No.21901130

>>21901065
>They had to choose between eternal struggle and misery and a violent release. That's ,I suspect, the reason people call suicide a cowardice.
>Of course almost everyone that calls it that doesn't have a faint idea about a situation where killing yourself is the better option.
That' a very good point, I imagine we'd have very few lunatics walking around boiling over if they were just given the option to kill themselves without having massive guilt attached to it to prevent them from the sensible option.

>> No.21901137

>>21900432
Fair enough

>> No.21901141

>>21901065
Right, hence
>Obviously I wake up every morning and face the certainty that every day will be exactly the same, each bleeding pointlessly into the next. I reel in horror at the pointless, endless misery that awaits me. But I'm a man, so I push all that aside and think of only what I owe others.
To have standing to call someone else a coward, you have to feel that you fully understand their situation and any decent person would overcome it through bravery. It's quite silly, imo. Dare I say, intellectual cowardice!

>> No.21901172

>>21901141
>any decent person would overcome it through bravery
A better wording might be ''any decent person would overcome it through fortitude''. The fortitude to withstand is what is lacking, not the bravery.

>> No.21901187

>>21900675
>uncut
are you sure it's american?

>> No.21901214

>>21900988
>I feel drawn to identify with literally everyone.
I'd love to know what cocktail of mental problems lead you down that path. The inability to define standards and identify oneself properly with a given caste is telling.

>> No.21901228 [DELETED] 

>>21899544
in the end, it's the fault of the shooter.
any reasoning that led them to lash out is faulty, and even though they had a bad upbringing, that doesn't necessarily result in a bad outcome.
lanza was literally insane and needed better psychological and psychiatric care, though.
he probably didn't reason out the shooting, but absorbed it into a delusion.

i've been ostracized and bullied through the entirety of school years, and i, funnily enough, think all of that suffering is what really helped me shape who i am, and i'm much better off, more aware of everything, and probably much more refined and sane than if i was absorbed into their circles.
the issue is how they respond to stimuli. which, paired with some faulty mental faculty for that response leads to a shitshow.

>> No.21901238

>>21901228
Clearly it is not fault of the shooter. There are societes that don't create shooters, either because of no gun accessibility or bether society values, more integration.
USA is filled with drug addicts and killers, and a lot of citizens, like you, keep blaming everyone of their faults instead of helping them.
At the end, as some famous american said, you get what you deserve.

>> No.21901241

>>21901238
>Clearly it is not fault of the shooter.
Kill yourself slave

>> No.21901251

>>21901214
>The inability to define standards and identify oneself properly with a given caste is telling.
Take your meds you schizophrenic psychopath

>> No.21901264

>>21901238
the second biggest problem is the nearly unrestricted gun access.
the biggest one is the entirety of american culture.

>> No.21901269

>>21901264
>>21901238
So true! If only people would just like, be nice to each other, then we could live in utopia! I can't believe those fucking idiots won't just be nice to each other! Right, fellow Redditors?
*takes fat bong rip*

>> No.21901271

>>21901251
You do realize screeching meds doesn't really work when you're trying to use it to decry basic bitch established psychology and neuroscience, right? Your in/outgroup preference is baked into the functioning of your brain cells. You're positing that you're actively working against your own biology in some pyrrhic inhumane altruism which doesn't bode well for your mental state.
And your defense is "I know you are but what am I" so I'll be accepting your concession now.

>> No.21901272

>>21901214
Well, my father was abusive if that helps, so that did lead me to get hypersensitive about reading and managing others' moods. I think it's not totally related but I also got very invested in rationally and impartially judging different situations. It helped me make sense of a lot of situations where I couldn't get justice, but could understand logically how things ended up where they did, and how I could manage my behavior and expectations to properly evaluate how to get the most out of my situation. It helped me figure out when something actually was my fault and when I was just at hand while some other unrelated thing caused a violent meltdown. It's also very helpful in detaching from some very painful realizations so you can digest and react to them in time.
Although earned through unjustifiable trauma, I think these are mental talents, rather than problems. Identifying with unfamiliar people is good practice and one of the main draws of literature. I'm vaguely surprised it interests you at all, but I suppose you're one of these who just self-inserts as the main character and can't get anything out of something that isn't just imagined validation for you.
I'm sorry your life has left your imagination and compassion so limited, and I suspect your rigidity makes you angry an awful lot. Please take some time for introspection, as it feels likely you pass this anger off on others quite frequently so you don't have to actually process any of it yourself. It hurts the people around you and stifles your own emotional and intellectual growth.

>> No.21901277

it comes from people feeling marginalized or ostracized from their community
but the way the media reports it creates a pathogen effect that motivates others to replicate it. "copycats"
the way to fix it is 2 fold: hold the media accountable and pressure (not legislate) them into reporting these tragedies as a local event and not a national one (very extreme tragedies are an exception like 9/11)
then, we need to go out of our way to treat the ostracized in our community with love, and lovingly enable them to conform to our community (not kowtow to whatever their sick demands may be... these really are "sick" people, in the medical sense).

>> No.21901284

>>21901271
Despite how many people say that, nobody actually believes it. Human kindness cannot be stretched so thin. These people favor their children and friends and loved ones same as anybody else.

>> No.21901297
File: 79 KB, 643x820, whoanigga.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21901272
Pause on that lil bro I'll roleplay your naughty gay therapist/stepdad but you gotta put up at least $20 an hour and I take commissions on a minimum 2-week basis.

>> No.21901316

>>21901271
c'mon amun, who the fuck thinks in terms of non-existent "caste"?

i jsut copy pasted that schizo line tho, i'm goi to copy what you said and post it to th guy who said it to me, you had a great reply.

>> No.21901331

>>21901316
>who the fuck thinks in terms of non-existent "caste"?
your brain does despite how hard you consciously try to subvert it. Literally google mirror neurons and implicit bias.

>> No.21901344

>>21901297
aww, you said you'd love to know about my mental problems, you tease!

>> No.21901392

>>21899544
Adam Lanza knew that he behaved and looked different, and knew that society judged him for it. He resented it. He saw the concept of language as forms of mind control. He saw every cultural institution, whether that be school or even his parents, as impositions on his "feral" self.

He did not like life. I think he resented his mother for giving birth to him. I do not think he killed his mother because he hated her, because he did not see death as something negative. He saw death as a good thing. I think he pitied her and wanted to save her from the emotional/legal outcome of his actions.

He viewed him shooting his mother and a bunch of children as some revolt. It was him trying to reclaim his agency, if you will. Just like how the domesticated chimpanzee whose name was Travis "revolted" against the humans who domesticated him.

>> No.21901406

>>21899630
I think you would find the book “understanding understanding” by Humphrey Osmond interesting. It touches upon socialization and its impacts upon a society

>> No.21901446

>>21901331
you have to demonstrate that 'caste' exists in the first place before you can borrow from psych and neurology to lend weight to the notions 'of' caste.

I'm pretty sure you're coming from that pleb-tier neetchian thing, for instance, and not, say, kshatriya and vaishya. i.e. you are the ubermensch, just because, and all other people are in rebellion against it.

>> No.21901491

>>21901392
Travis was on xanax and ecstasy

>> No.21901526

>>21901269
reddit?
your country is so shit you can only screech memes when confronted with words. What a fucking pathetic retard.
It is not normal for young men to drug themselves and kill people and cut their penises off. No, I do not use weed like all americans do. This does not happen normally in the world. And yes, taking care of your people actually makes them better people.
Your shit country provides all these destructive options for young men, and abuses them so hard them until they either become absolute retards like you or start killing people.

>> No.21901528

>>21899544
SSRIs
https://amidwesterndoctor.substack.com/p/the-decades-of-evidence-that-antidepressants

>> No.21901571

>>21901526
is this poster South American or Eastern European? My bet's on Eastern European

>> No.21901654

>>21900462
>>21900462
the real black pill is the knowledge that although europe is much the same as the states, third world countries are actually even worse than either of these, the human psyche is an extremely fragile and tenuous affair, things we take for granted like individuation, or the ability to distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate reactions to certain events, or to be able to independently distinguish when one is being lied to or deceived, are modern, first and second world, developments, as are human rights and their codification and enforcement. The idea of a ‘better far off land’ is itself a necessary myth to console and drive the general public, to help them cope, basically.

>> No.21901784

>>21901406
How'd you even find this book?

>> No.21901887

School shooters are the karmic consequences of the American lifestyle given flesh.

>> No.21901908

>>21901571
He's right, is what he is. You treat each other like shit and wonder why you're all so fucking miserable. You eat children, and your children are eaten in turn. Too bad, so sad.

>> No.21901967

>>21901571
I'm putting bets on Brazilian
t. /int/ fag

>> No.21902307

>>21899544
>Durkheim's anomie, Marx's alienation (both from species-being and from other individuals), and what Weber describes as the "iron cage" (if I remember it correctly).

you're on the right path. now add in easy access to guns, and the relentless pressure of corporate america to squeeze every last drop of productivity out of the goys in a dehumanizing and anxiety/depression provoking work ethic and america's general infatuation with violence and the picture becomes more clear.

>> No.21902311

>>21901264
it really is this simple, as borne out by real world observation of where this happens the most. any other post itt is superfluous

>> No.21902327

>>21899544
It's very simple. People go on shooting sprees when they have no future. No family, no home, no country, not even future job prospects. What do you do in this situation? Calmly resolve yourself to homelessness? Or do you fight back?

It's the same reason people become suicide bombers for the Taliban. If they had any future to look forward to they would choose life. Governments know this, and they choose to remove the societal safety nets that could prevent this to create more killers.

>> No.21902371

>>21902327
>It's the same reason people become suicide bombers for the Taliban
What? Taliban are basically noble freedom fighters compared to them. Lanza wasn't political. Don't romanticize him. He was chaotic.

>> No.21902478
File: 87 KB, 667x1000, 71JpuccuUtL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ignore all the replies and read this OP

>> No.21902483

>>21902371
I'm not romanticizing, I'm pitying. If we want to stop shootings from happening in the future we need to convince the disenfranchised that they have a future in this country. And the first step is to stop treating them like evil psychopaths.

>> No.21902509

>>21900462
>Western Europe is just as individualistic and lonely as America.
You have never lived in a major European city. With the exception of New York, and to a lesser degree San Francisco and Chicago, the isolation of American cities is absolutely crushing. You literally can't go to a public place without getting into a car.

In Spain when there is a festival the noise pours into the streets and you just go downstairs and people are dancing and singing. The denatured and artificial quality of a city like Dallas, Atlanta, Austin, (the list goes on indefinitely) where you can't even interact with someone without driving is insane.

In most of Europe and Asia the city starts outside of your home.

>> No.21902521

>>21899971
French here and you're wrong about everything.

>> No.21902924

http://williamsonletters.blogspot.com/2009/02/what-is-going-wrong-with-our-children.html
http://williamsonletters.blogspot.com/2009/02/suburban-way-of-life-goes-against.html

>> No.21903012

>>21901141
Yes that's true. Those that call it cowardice don't have the faintest idea about the reality of mental illness.

>> No.21903081

>>21902509
>You have never lived in a major European city
I have never lived outside of a major european city, anon. But you're right, the cities are organised in a much more humane way. But culturally speaking europe is the same, we don't have a sense of community as the anon i was criticising said. that's something that exists in third world countries.

>> No.21903083

>>21902509
>its impossible to be socially isolated on a train
Hmmmm

>> No.21903334

>>21902509
Maybe in the poor counties.

>> No.21903338

>>21903334
yes sorry you're right, i meant Western Europe

>> No.21903376

>>21903012
Oh yeah anon jack yourself off for having cognitive deficiencies even harder

>> No.21903469

>>21901528
I took paroxetine for a decade and I got the craziest impulses. I think I am still fucked up somewhat even off them for longer than I took them, but I am so glad that most bizarre power fantasies and ideology come off as so utterly cringe. If I was still an edgelord I might have been willing to have a far worse legacy.

>> No.21903519

>>21901297
Obnoxious moron

>> No.21903658

>>21901528
Enlightening read, good post

>> No.21903681

>>21899544
2000s school shooters: Nihilism and a hatred for the world stemming from differing motives like a feeling of inadequacy, hopelessness or being unaccepted in the community. Since these teens have no other outlet to satisfy these needs to these teens the school is equivalent to the entire world; shooting up the school thus becomes an act of destroying the world.

Manifesto chud shooters: Desiring recognition by their substitute online community which is often some /pol/ or troon ideological bullshit. These online communities become the persons tribe and they seek to prove themselves in front of this tribe as full members, as real men, by offering human sacrifices. So when Tarrant live streamed his shooting that was his way to prove himself to his tribe, kinda like an Aztec warrior who went on a manhunt in the jungle so he could become a Jaguar warrior.

>> No.21903697

all of the livestream shooters are manipulated attention whore faggots
the earlier ones were just psychos lashing out

>> No.21903733

>>21899971
Can't speak to other countries or states but I feel completely isolated outside of my small friend network of autists. Normies are just exhausting to talk to, and it seems the younger crowd, for all of their 'mental health awareness' and posturing, does not actually give a single fuck about any basic communication or camaraderie beyond the surface level social credit they get by making people "seen" or whatever.

>> No.21903804

>>21899544
Why should an average joe be concerned about the inner motives of a crazy killer?
That kind of stuff is reserved for psychology students and professionals, the police, and internet weirdos like us.

>> No.21903940

>>21901528
Cool article. But MDs write all sorts of blogs from every different viewpoint, I'd be careful to put too much weight in his words on account of his education. afaik TLP for example has never written about this topic, and he's also a psychiatrist.

>> No.21903987

Important question: Can the tranny shooter manifesto be found anywhere on the internet?

>> No.21903993

>>21899544
Good post anon
Well done

>> No.21904000
File: 177 KB, 647x1000, 9170Fsd9drL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21899544
>Are there any sociological (or maybe psychological) books that can shed light on the subject?
Roger Griffin wrote a book about terrorists, and also a bunch of books about fascism as an extreme reaction to the loss of meaning and identity. It's verrrry academic and pop metapolitical, but I thought his thesis was pretty interesting. He also references movies like Taxi Driver and Fight Club.

He focuses more (the book was written in 2012 ) on actual terrorist groups like Al Qaeda, but I think much of it applies, and he sees terrorist radicalization as a response to anomie and the meaningless reality that people find themselves inhabiting. Terrorist acts are like a personal self-apocalyptic thing (with other people conscripted along for the ride), and the people involved engage in mental "splitting," so they contrast their own weak personality with a projected alter-ego that's born again hard and then they build up to an act of vengeance against the society. So they can be quite calm while doing it, survivors of attacks often say that a shooter seems very calm, because they have a focus and a purpose for the first time in their lives -- this is quite frightening. But there's an element of sacralization to it and the mass shooter subculture and fans out there ("Columbiners") will often turn them into martyr-like figures.

>>21900378
>What's unique about school shooters imo is that the action is more often individual, compared to the bomb throwing radicals of the early 20th century who were much more motivated by radical utopian ideologies.
What's interesting about this is that Griffin's argument is that those radical utopian ideologies were an attempt to restore a sacred canopy of meaning over the world after that had been shattered by the modernity, following the collapse of traditional meaning-giving systems.

>> No.21904090
File: 1.28 MB, 480x260, JT7B.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21901887
>School shooters are the karmic consequences of the American lifestyle given flesh.
Probably true. I'm not sure the U.S. is more atomized than other societies (South Korea?), but it's certainly one of the most. Of course, most people don't become mass shooters, but we might see other kinds of pathological behaviors that people engage in instead like drug abuse, or simply dropping out or "disconnecting."

I think a lot of people feel like there are too many demands placed on them from too many directions at once. Especially if you work any public-facing job and have to deal with the public. Or from managers. But they're under similar pressures from their managers and those managers are under pressure... and it's almost like nobody is really in control, and that everyone is working more for a machine than an actual person. In some jobs now, a machine *is* your boss, you can get fired by a computer. And you can be fired for any reason, including reasons that are completely outside of your control. To attempt to form a union -- in which you might have some control or say in this situation -- can also get you terminated immediately. People are also overstimulated and overwhelmed and there's too much competing for people's attention. I don't have a scientific backing for this, but it feels true.

Then you bring in this Calvinist work-ethic culture (with its element of Christian apocalypticism) in which asking for help is shameful and you should feel bad about yourself. Take some personal responsibility! And then the society is in love with guns and violence and war and reinforces the idea from birth that bitchin' weapons is how you solve problems. Then some really damaged people turn those weapons on the people around them. Is anybody even shocked anymore?

>>21900134
>the problem is... le corporations
>enlightening
You ever see this Sopranos scene with the wise guys trying to shake down the Starbucks?

https://youtu.be/_Gsz7Gu6agA

The mob was destroyed by corporations which are far more ruthless than the mob ever was. But the manager is like "it doesn't matter if you assault me, they'll have someone else in here doing my job, and every last bean is accounted for." Not saying the mob was good, but hey, it was a family...

>> No.21904183
File: 788 KB, 3168x4752, rodin_the_thinker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21903081
>But culturally speaking europe is the same, we don't have a sense of community as the anon i was criticising said. that's something that exists in third world countries.
Why doesn't europe produce shooters then?

Lack of guns has never been a good reason. Anyone who wants to cause mass public harm can easily do so (as we've seen in Japan, guys using gasoline and knives and trucks and etc.) Despite European nations having no greater "community", it seems like there's some cultural force in the air that just keeps would-be mass shooters in check, but still no one has any idea what this is. Do you know what I mean?

>> No.21904207

>>21904183
>it seems like there's some cultural force in the air that just keeps would-be mass shooters in check
Up until the muslims showed up.
The real magic trick the media is pulling with mass shootings is using the statistical outliers to obscure the reality of mass random and gang violence that has been happening in this country for decades. Don't have to talk about niggers committing industrial murder if you point fingers at the schizo white guys who barely hit triple digits in murders every year.
The same thing is happening in European countries that have been overrun by Muslims. London's violent crime rate is comparable or surpassing NYC's.

>> No.21904215

>>21899544
How do you "fix up" your breakfast. Are you implying your breakfast was broken to start? Did you need glue or tape? Are you British?

>> No.21904220

>>21904207
* forgot to add, the media obscurantism that Europe uses to cover up muslim crime rates is neonazism and 'hate speech'

>> No.21904224

>>21900134
>le corporations
I blame big pharma personally

>> No.21904225

>>21904215
Maybe the problem is that it was raw

>> No.21904348

>>21904183
>Do you know what I mean?
Homogenized societies that speak the same language, have the same customs and religion. Narrower rich -poor gap and strong petite bourgeois class.
These are changing quickly though into America 2.0

>> No.21904409

>>21904348
That's a matter of inertia. The global economic organization tends to centralize capital and replace small businesses with large corporations. That's a force that's obviously an inherent part of market- and consumer-capitalism and if it is not stopped consciously it will be at work.

>> No.21904548

>>21904348
America was extremely ethnically diverse in 1900 yet mass killings did not really begin until serial killers in the late 60s, and mass shooters in the 90s. Race is not a good enough reason

>> No.21904571

>>21904548
Mass killings do not account for even a tiny percentage of total violent crime in America. They're a smokescreen.

>> No.21904577

>>21904571
The topic of this thread is mass killings. Are you lost?

>> No.21904600

>>21904548
Then I'd say Neoliberalism and its effect on how production culture and family is organized and the modern subjects this system produces. America is the flagship of these changes.

>> No.21904609

>>21904548
>America was extremely ethnically diverse in 1900
This is not true though I agree blaming mass shootings on race makes no sense. My guess is it has something to do with glowies.

>> No.21904638

>>21904609
>This is not true
It was. America was already 13% black, you already had tons of Germans and Irish, Italians too immigrated en masse around this time, the Chinese and Japanese came as well. The only significant ethnic change since 1923 in America is the boom in Hispanic populations. This did happen around the same time mass killings got popular, but is that really the cause? Probably not.

>> No.21904658

>>21900649
+1, read the German edition last year and it was such an insightful read

>> No.21904660

>>21904638
80+% of america was white people at the time, though admittedly of several ethnicities. I dont know the percentage but I think more than half were still anglos

Anyway race has nothing to do with it

>> No.21904697

>>21904638
you disgust me but I will not waste my time with you

>> No.21904976

Bump

>> No.21905093

>>21904609
>My guess is it has something to do with glowies.
I would suggest it's more about journalists. Suicide contagion is a well-known phenomenon, they know damn well they have to avoid sensationalizing it or dozens of others who hate their lives and realize they can get talked about by killing themselves follow suit. Mass shootings are "just" noisy, violent suicides. Whatever else comes bundled with it, it's because someone needed to feel important, like their life meant something. Whether they imagine they're furthering some cause, or they want to hurt someone, or they just want someone to finally care what was going on in their head, that's ultimately what most of these are about.
Actually I gather MOST "mass shootings" are really just sloppy versions of regular armed crime, but I realize that's not what's under discussion here.

>> No.21905199

>>21904697
Lol

>> No.21905209

Is there any good fiction about school shooters? Similar to We Need to Talk About Kevin but ideally less normiefied.

>> No.21905218

>>21899544

Read Kojeve

>> No.21905234

>>21905093
The reason I think its glowies is that the US seems to have way more of them than anywhere else. And frankly a lot of them are just suspicious as fuck. Not literally all of them but a lot

>> No.21905235
File: 71 KB, 1000x982, F5D0C44A-5239-4EA8-B46F-03172BB78C53.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw I read the entire post

OP 100% is going to massacre a pre school because a girl rejected him in the near future. It’s insane that Americans let mentally ill people get fire arms.

>> No.21905257

>>21899544
> it must take a tremendous amount of resolve (or else complete and utter apathy) to take on such a final undertaking, and so the charge of cowardice seems unintentionally comical (what was he scared of?) and only from a place of purely emotional grief or rage, but that is neither here nor there.

Yeah I know you’re plotting your own massacre and jack off to all these sociopaths OP but the charge of cowardice seems totally warranted: they only ever target children and large gatherings of unarmed people. Why not attack a military base or a police station? The answer is simple: they’d get shredded within seconds. They intentionally pick soft targets to rack up kills then kill themselves typically when armed response emerges like police.

I really do fail to see how there’s anything brave about slaying unarmed people (usually small children) who aren’t expecting it in an ambush.

>> No.21905270

>>21905234
>it was DUH CIA AND DUH JOOOOs AND DUH MOSSAD AND DUH LIZARDS!!!!!!

Holy shit Americans are so retarded. Did the CIA make the Dutch, English, Scottish, Germans, and Swedes ban guns too or is it because civilised people acknowledged that they don’t need a consumer fire arms industry in their country and that forbidding it prevents unintentional massacres occurring? This is only going to get worse now since Americans banned abortions in their most retarded dysgenic states. JFC

>> No.21905285
File: 120 KB, 580x773, HobbitMenu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21905235
If more bullying and prostitution was allowed spree-shooters would not happen.

If I recall Adam Lanza had a rare disorder where it was difficult for him to feel pain. Also played DDR 3 hours a day.

Old KB basically wrote an essay for OP exactly lol

http://web.archive.org/web/20190425002809/https://medium.com/@kantbot2000/guns-dont-kill-people-school-psychologists-do-9ee8ed277baf

>> No.21905286

>>21905218
Got a starting point or a QRD? His Wikipedia page doesn't have shit about his thought and there's no SEP on him. If possible a secondary source is preferable, I don't know if I currently have the mental fortitude or strength of will to embark on a journey down the thought of someone whose primary influence was Hegel unless he's particularly concise a writer (which I find doubtful).

>> No.21905292

>>21905270
There are other white countries full of guns where this doesnt happen at anywhere near the rate it does there. Your histrionic rant is uninformed

>> No.21905307

>>21901096
Correct. The only difference between the three is that Christians are only allowed to go on murder-sprees if they're non-White. White Christians have to be content with getting turned into accessories in some other freak's hagiography.

>> No.21905312

>>21905292
The White American crime rate is equivalent to that of Switzerland.

>> No.21905318

>>21905312
I know, I'm talking about mass shootings. The freaks like Lanza. In norway there is only one of the guys as far as I know, Anders Breivik, and he I think is an actual real terrorist, not a glowie operation.

Like wtf was Stephen Paddock? How can anyone not find that shady

>> No.21905322

>>21905257
>Why not attack a military base or a police station?
In the Kentucky shooter's case, it was because his problem was with the bank he shot up. For Adam Lanza, people seem to think there's a pretty convincing case that he thought he was saving those children from the pain and suffering inherent in being alive. Fucking insane, sure, but your question is absolutely retarded.
>I really do fail to see how there’s anything brave about slaying unarmed people (usually small children) who aren’t expecting it in an ambush.
"Brave" isn't the right term because the connotation is too positive, the one you quote is "resolve," which makes more sense. There has to be a pretty uncommon level of resolve to do something that you know will necessarily entail the end of your life, because it is far easier (and characteristic of human beings) to just *not* do it and allow things to continue as they are.

>> No.21905324

>>21905286
Not him, But Kojeve is best started with his Intro to Hegel (Which is more his specific interpretations of Hegel). Also Strauss-Kojève correspondence. The final boss is Outline of a Phenomenology of Right. However before touching Kojeve you need to have a solid foundation of Hegel and Marx respectively.

>> No.21905347

>>21905286

He published a guided interpretation of the first few chapters of the phenomenology of spirit. I'm referring to the master slave dialectic and the struggle for recognition

Rene Girard is good too. The Gossip Trap is a dumbed down version. Or read Nietzsche's Birth of Tragedy his talk of Hamlet, the tribal "witch cauldron", and the demise of the Fiji island natives

School shooters are mostly dysgenic freaks, but as the pull toward mediocrity and the opinion of women becomes more and more extreme and our meritocracy collapses, people lashing out will become increasingly normal and healthy. More intelligent young men. Society will turn to murdering its best and framing their outbursts as if a cornered animal had any other option. I hope there is some path to restoring order, but this is very unlikely

>> No.21905353
File: 22 KB, 240x240, 3E7EE41A-CFB2-481E-8993-9DFFF0DEC98D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21905322
Okay so how isn’t it cowardly to kill unarmed children and then blow your sperg brains out when police who could fight back competently show up? How is that being resolute for that matter lol

You scoffed like a faggot at your breakfast that people would suggest he was a coward for committing a massacre against unarmed people. Resolve and courage dovetail quite nicely as well.

Anyway, I get it, you want to be one of these shooters desperately but please please please take my advice: just shoot yourself in the head instead of hurting anyone else.

>> No.21905355

>>21905235
I'm okay anon, but thank you for your concern. I have a qt gf of three years, pretty sure I'll marry her.
t. op

>> No.21905372

>>21899544
We will never be able to understand the mentality of mass shooters because most of them are dead and took their reasons to the grave. However, it's faulty to assume that ''mass shooters'' are a monolith that act according to a single logic, or at least some general principals. Omar Mateen's shooting was clearly politically motivated while someone like Seung-Hui Cho just wanted to be a famous murderer and get revenge on his dumbass classmates. Mass shooting is just a tactic, why do we see it being used more and more? Because the media reports on it and that puts the idea in peoples heads, especially people looking for their 15 min of fame or want to draw attention to whatever cause they believe in.

>"He was evil. There's nothing else to say," it's the same standard mainstream media-approved line that I've heard over and over again
It's pretty clear a lot of these shooters think what they are doing is an act of protest or something with a vague social or political message. By insisting these people are just evil cowards what the media does is de-politicize it. I mean, Omar Mateen shot people in response to indiscriminate bombing in Syria, the media never covered that but potrayed him as some kind of repressed bigoted homophobe. It's a way of brushing stuff under the rug so we don't have to deal with it. Instead, they blame guns and crazy people so we don't actually ask serious questions about why this happened.

>> No.21905375

>>21905372
>but potrayed him as some kind of repressed bigoted homophobe
Because he shot a gay nightclub. Kind of a weird target

>> No.21905378

>>21905372
Ok but it happened because crazy people got their hands on guns. That seems to be the cause. Maybe Amerifats should restrict fire arm access and treat the epidemic levels of insanity radiating outward from your shithole

>> No.21905381

>>21905378
How about no you faggot. Mass shootings are a minuscule amount of deaths and guns are one of the only things standing between the populace and tyranny

>> No.21905406

>>21905353
>Okay so how isn’t it cowardly to kill unarmed children and...
Just because you don't like something somebody does, it does not make that person guilty of anything with a negative connotation you can throw at them. That's exactly the type of thinking that will ensure you get nowhere in trying to solve the issue. You immediately cede your ability to examine root causes and find yourself only able to work on hiding the symptoms.

You state these people do not display an uncommon level of resolve and your evidence is that 5'5 100lb Adam Lanza didn't wanna jump in the Octagon with Jon Jones. Does that make you a coward too? It doesn't make any sense, you're retarded.

Anyway, I still think it's sort of an open question as to the resolve thing. Clearly they are almost universally suicidal, so they probably value their lives less than normal people, so they probably require a lesser magnitude of resolve to embark on something that they know will kill them, but still. Plenty of absolutely insane and/or suicidal people obviously do not act on their ideas. What keeps a suicidal person alive versus just killing themselves versus going on a suicidal murderous rampage?

>> No.21905417

>>21905406
> You state these people do not display an uncommon level of resolve and your evidence is that 5'5 100lb Adam Lanza didn't wanna jump in the Octagon with Jon Jones. Does that make you a coward too? It doesn't make any sense, you're retarded.

No what I said is that Adam Lanza, armed with a rifle, body armour, and ammunition murdered women and children and then killed himself the moment police arrived. Unironically one the lowest IQ people I’ve ever seen on this website.

>> No.21905425

>>21905375
Mateen's initial target was another nightclub but when he turned up to the location he saw security and chickened out. According to the feds, he whipped out his phone and searched for a nearby alternative. He was so clueless he actually asked hostages why there were so few women at the club. The reason he was portrayed as a homophobe is because LGBT activists saw the shooting as something they could cynically manipulate to their own advantage. It also fit a narrative of religion being the enemy of gayness, especially Islam.

>>21905375
I spent some time in immigrant ghettos in Europe and imo American mass shooters have similarities with jihadists. Both are disaffected, alienated young people who feel like they've failed in life or that society is beating them down and they go down this rabbit hole of conspiracy theories and paranoia where they see violence and suicide as the only way out and the only way they can get attention to their personal ideologies. If you take away guns, they'll just use knives, drive over people with trucks, or build home made bombs the way jihadis do. This is what American liberals get wrong, if you take away the guns they'll just find another way to kill. The real question is why do you have people who burnout and then decide to kill people just to make a point? How has society degenerated to this level?

>> No.21905427

>>21905417
That's a description of what he did. Now extrapolate the definition of cowardice into that description and tell me how it lines up.

>> No.21905428

>>21905425
>He was so clueless he actually asked hostages why there were so few women at the clu
LOL
Imagine wanting to make a statement about politics and then you accidentally end up being seen as the Muslim closest case shooter. It's like a comedy skit

>> No.21905436

>>21905425
Jihadists are definitely the same type as the alt right mass shooters.

>> No.21905473

>>21905436
If we're talking about jihadis in Europe, then yeah I'd say that's a pretty apt comparison.. The big difference is that euro jihadis are a lot more suicidal and have deep seated feelings of self-hatred and loathing. I guess we'd call these people severely depressed and the jihadi or alt right aesthetic is a sort of outlet for those emotions but their greviances are still political so no amount of therapy will really fix them. It's a strange pattern you see from the 80s onwards in first world countries, severely depressed people mixing with radical politics and suddenly thinking the only way to fix society is to lash out at it.

>> No.21905487

>>21905372
>However, it's faulty to assume that ''mass shooters'' are a monolith that act according to a single logic, or at least some general principals.
I agree with you, I don't doubt that their immediate motives are probably as varied as can be. I do believe though that there are common environmental factors that influence them in a way that make their actions seem reasonable or enticing. In other words, the nature of their alienation/anomie/etc is decidedly different from what was common before.

I thought about using as an example of that new alienation the notion that these people "newly" think so little of others that they're willing to engage in wholesale slaughter of innocents in what are essentially acts of suicide, but in the course of this thread it's become clear that even that is probably not the case, for a number of reasons. Lanza might've thought he was helping people. You mention Mateen's motives were political; it's not out of the realm of possibility he interpreted those he murdered as combatants (wasn't that the OKC kid's idea, at least towards feds?). Obviously some are perceived as pure revenge, as in workplaces like this bank one, etc. Tough to wrap my head around it all.

>Mass shooting is just a tactic, why do we see it being used more and more? Because the media reports on it and that puts the idea in peoples heads, especially people looking for their 15 min of fame or want to draw attention to whatever cause they believe in.
I was going to disagree but you're probably right. I do think people overestimate the number of people that do things like this for mere notoriety though, especially in light of the reality that their true motives are rarely discussed in media. But then again who knows?

Good point about de-politicization. That's a very succinct way of putting it.

>> No.21905494

>>21905473
I think they're mostly narcissists but it's just a guess

>> No.21905528

>>21905473
>It's a strange pattern you see from the 80s onwards in first world countries, severely depressed people mixing with radical politics and suddenly thinking the only way to fix society is to lash out at it.
That's probably just the same phenomenon as the rise of radical politics. People think, correctly or not, that the state is the root of the problems they perceive (or injustice they've suffered, etc)

>> No.21905545
File: 66 KB, 718x500, 1668041043631603.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21899544
regular killers comes from many backgrounds and have a diverse array of motives—why shouldn't mass killers?

>> No.21905554

It's important to note that mass shootings and acts of violence are complex issues that can have a variety of underlying causes. While it's true that there may be sociological or psychological factors at play, it's also important to recognize that each individual case is unique and may have a different set of contributing factors.

That being said, there are several books that may help shed light on the sociological and psychological factors that can contribute to acts of violence:

"Violence: A Micro-Sociological Theory" by Randall Collins: This book examines the social and cultural roots of violence, arguing that violent behavior is not just the result of individual pathology, but is also influenced by social structures and cultural norms.

"Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies" by Jared Diamond: This book takes a broad historical perspective, exploring the factors that have shaped human societies and their relationship to violence. Diamond argues that factors such as geography, ecology, and technology can all contribute to the prevalence of violence in human societies.

"The Social Psychology of Good and Evil" by Arthur G. Miller: This book explores the psychological factors that contribute to both good and evil behavior, including empathy, morality, and social norms. By examining these factors, the author sheds light on the complex interplay between individual psychology and social context.

"The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil" by Philip Zimbardo: This book examines the psychology of evil, exploring how ordinary people can be influenced to commit acts of violence and cruelty. By examining real-world examples, such as the Stanford Prison Experiment, the author sheds light on the social and psychological factors that can lead to acts of violence.

"A History of Violence: From the End of the Middle Ages to the Present" by Robert Muchembled: This book provides a historical overview of violence, exploring its various forms and causes throughout history. By examining the historical context of violence, the author sheds light on the ways in which social, economic, and political factors can contribute to violent behavior.

These books offer different perspectives on the sociological and psychological factors that can contribute to acts of violence. While they may not provide all the answers, they can help to deepen our understanding of the complex nature of this issue.

>> No.21905556

>>21905554
Fuck off GPTposter

>> No.21905557

>>21905554
Thanks, ChatGPT, for the recommendation of Guns, Germs, and Steel

>> No.21905603
File: 361 KB, 341x506, 1678021965060373.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21905270
if the U.S. kicked out all the niggers we'd have le gun violence rates similar to, or in some cases lower than, many european nations.

Mass shootings really aren't a huge problem in this country, numbers wise. They're now a meme so fringe elements commit them every now and then.

They feel like a big problem purely because of media sensationalism and virtue-signalling (like it's a big moral achievement to be against mass killings, lmao).

TPTB want to stir up an anti-gun hysteria because they want your guns. They want your guns because they want to do things to you that you'd shoot them for. Very simple.

If the U.S. weren't armed we'd occupy an even worse orwellian hellscape than we already do, see: canada, uk, australia.

>> No.21905662

>>21899971
I've used /int/ before so I'm aware that every country is filled with autistic rejects.

>> No.21905680

>>21903733
This latter part about young people can be pretty true, especially in college educated circles, but if you just talk like a person and act slightly confused and laugh when they use weird phrases like "open a dialogue" they just default to talking to you like you're talking to them.

>> No.21905718

>>21905487
I guess one thing mass killers share is an experience of stigma. All of them are stuck at the bottom of the social ladder and feel like they can't move in a society obsessed with achivement. Lanza was basically a hiki with no life prospects. Seung Hui Cho was a foreign student and headcase hated by his teachers and classmates. Saleh Abdesalam was an immigrant burnout with no prospects. Sure, they have poor economic situtation but socially their fucked too. All of these people use the internet where they find radical politics, likeminded burnounts or schizos peddling bizzare ideas on forums. They form their own ideological agendas and fantasize about violence while craving some kind of redemption arc that will give their life meaning.

While the New Left radical ideas of the 60s were hopeful and optimistic, those of the 80s and 90s were cynical and anti-social. The revolution did not happen because society is full of one dimensional normies who don't want a better world. Antinatalists, jihadists, sovereign citizens, incels, ecofascists, anprims, /pol/tards etc. all of them see society as irredeemable and evil. Ordinary people are brainwashed sheep and therefore the enemy, not the government. So you have this cynical alt politics mixing with people on the fringe of society who are probably severely depressed and looking for an outlet while fantasizing about violence the same way kids in the 70s looked up to the IRA or the PLO. And what's the easiest target? Soft targets of course. Schools, bars, restaruants, cafes, concerts etc. all places where normal people hang out.

>> No.21905720

>>21905680
There's the problem, my autism is socially unacceptable. I can't really do anything but people watch. Literally everyone I meet always picks up on the fact that i never look at them in the eyes and just study every facet of them. It weirds them out just like I'm weirded out by making eye contact. I'm just completely alone besides the few friends I've known for half my lifetime, who don't care about that shit and are all autistic as I am about stuff.

>> No.21905729

>>21905720
So just look them in the eyes. I'm an autist too but I learned how to normie-wrangle when I was like 7

>> No.21905791

>>21905718
Playing devil's advocate, it is society and the govt that make people feel helpless and isolated enough to that they do this, so maybe there's something to their anger.
Anglos have a long tradition of identifying the political with the legal, and that is a mistake that has infected the West down to this day. Might not have much of a bearing on much but its relevant in the case of understanding the IRA for example.

>> No.21905816

>>21905718
>The revolution did not happen because society is full of one dimensional normies who don't want a better world. Antinatalists, jihadists, sovereign citizens, incels, ecofascists, anprims, /pol/tards etc. all of them see society as irredeemable and evil. Ordinary people are brainwashed sheep and therefore the enemy, not the government.
This is a good angle. Not to stretch too far, but Nietzsche's comments on the anti-Human come to mind. Once you cast off that yoke of Christianity, you have to accept that mankind is fundamentally, deeply flawed. The world is shit because, well people are shit, and IMO it's this cynicism that bleeds into the minds of the deranged and somehow convinces them mass murder is okay.

Hell, who alive right now doesn't believe a huge % of the human population are basically walking sheep?

>> No.21905978

>>21905417
Obviously, someone who's not a coward would attack something like a military base, and do so protected only by runes and armed with only his cunning!
Bravery is when you make stupid strategic decisions so other people won't feel powerless.
Like obviously murdering innocents is vile, but given that someone wants to commit a vile act, why would the MAIN bone you pick with it be that they didn't give you the satisfaction of fighting fair?

>> No.21905995

>>21905791
That brings up another point entirely. As part of a political breakaway/extremist faction that is not legally recognized except as terrorists a.k.a. criminals (e.g. IRA, Confederacy, potentially even Islamic extremists?), to what extent are similar actions justifiable? I don't think you can ever really make a case as to the indiscriminate murder of civilians, no matter what your cause, but when does the classifying of these individuals as evil serve only to not acknowledge their political motivations?

Consider the following sensationalist example: we are much more likely to see and sympathize with (or at least understand) movements like the IRA and the PLO because they speak in terms we implicitly agree to be legitimate: the formation of nation-states based on ethnic/cultural solidarity/overlap, or put differently, the idea that peoples should be free from subjugation by foreign powers.

In the Western milieu we are much less likely to see the demands of Islamic extremists e.g. ISIS, Al-Qaeda, etc, in the same sympathetic light, ever. Their demands appear alien and incomprehensible, and that's when we start breaking out the language of good and evil. To what extent is our reaction tempered by our own social prejudices about what is and is not okay?

This can be further exemplified when we take into consideration people like Adam Lanza and start throwing around terms like mental illness. I'm not at all an expert on the subject and I won't pretend to be, but I understand that even many psychiatrists believe the distinction between what is and what is not a mental illness comes down to the sentiments of society rather than measurable physical characteristics, from alcoholism to depression to suicidal ideations and beyond. To put it plainly into a question, to what extent did Adam Lanza's actions differ from those of an Irish IRA recruit assassinating a political figurehead of what he perceives to be the opposition? Obviously this is scandalous but I think it raises some important questions.

>> No.21906000

What motive does a mass murderer even have to "play fair"? You can call them cowards for attacking innocent civs, but from what I understand mass killers don't perceive le normies as innocent to begin with.

>> No.21906041

>>21899544
obviously Dylan Klebold's journal is the best place to start.
It isn't just a bunch of "oh man I hate everyone they should all die" it's Dylan talking through all of the things that make it impossible to simply do nothing and accept the world is how it is going to be.

>> No.21906212

>>21905417
You're such an obnoxiously thick faggot. Stop posting

>> No.21906329

>>21899544
A small fraction of mass shootings are performed as blood rituals, basically enforcing a particular Will on the world-historical Geist. Hegel kind of wrote about this too.

>> No.21906343

>>21906329
Tell me more anon, that sounds very grounded and well thought out

>> No.21906423

>>21906343
I don't believe in it myself but some who hold esoteric interpretations of Hegel or Böhme believe that you can control the Geist/Absolute's movement from potentiality to actuality through world-historical Act, because its actuality is only revealed/intelligible through conscious beings, and that you can hold "power" over everyone who comes to know of your Act after it happens. Proponents of the idea see something like Columbine as a ritual or magic spell through which all following mass shootings are reflected due to the effect it had on the mass public psyche.
I might be misremembering things, the last time I read or wrote about this was a couple years ago.

>> No.21906451

>>21899596
Be very careful to observe whether the daily autistic Benatar thread stops from now on.

>> No.21906498

>>21900462
>better educated people
If broken down demographically, which is something you need to do when looking at the states, I suspect Europeans and European-descended Americans closely resemble each other. Every other metric follows that pattern when the statistics are interpreted that way, especially in terms of shootings/violence.

>> No.21906559

>>21899544
You're pretty retarded. Mass shooters almost never conceal their motive.
Its not something that's deep or up to interpretation.
Its usually something like money or finding outlet to take out their anger
The is evil because we as society deem his actions evil. Simple as.

>> No.21906596

>>21906559
retard

>> No.21906737

>>21901406
>I think you would find the book “understanding understanding” by Humphrey Osmond interesting. It touches upon socialization and its impacts upon a society

I can't find any book by that title by that author. Is there a different title or is the book just not available?

>> No.21906793

>>21899971
This is beautifully written but also entirely wrong, sorry to say. The real reason Americans shoot each other en masse so much is that they can waltz into the local walmart and buy an assault rifle as they please - so while the average schizo in a European country might manage to knife someone, an American schizo can turn their messianic murder moment into a full-scale military assault. Trying to figure out why the schizos become schizo is very interesting, but the truth is that they all become that way for very different reasons. The only real common denominating factor is:

>be american
>get shot

>> No.21906810

>>21906793
i hate to be that anon but walmart apparently stopped selling assault rifles (i don't know if this means they still sell other types of guns) in 2019ish, i’m quite surprised at just how affordable an AR15 is though, you can find them starting at around $400 apparently which is less than most cellphones these days.

>> No.21906853

>>21906793
>The real reason Americans shoot each other en masse so much is that they can waltz into the local walmart and buy an assault rifle as they please
I wish. Also, you seem pretty knowledgeable about guns and not at all like a parrot repeating lines you heard on teevee, can you please tell me what an assault weapon is?

>> No.21906958
File: 25 KB, 500x580, Everything.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21905427
>the definition of cowardice into that description and tell me how it lines up
"lack of bravery"

wore body armor - too pussy to get shot and die even though he's suicidal

murdered women and children - too pussy to target armed people who could fight back and who were even capable of fleeing from the building

killed himself the moment police arrived - too pussy to face the consequences for his actions

I'm not that anon, but holy shit, you are retarded.

>capcha K KYS XX

>> No.21906970

>>21906958
Never got over his "le manly lumberjacks eating le beef jerky" phase. Honestly fucking embarrassing

>> No.21906993
File: 113 KB, 1204x680, (you).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21906970
>Honestly fucking embarrassing
what's honestly fucking embarrassing is someone who thinks that a schizo who attacks unarmed and helpless people is anything but a coward, especially when it's obvious that a psychopath with bravado would not pick totally helpless people to victimize. it's reductionist to say that he only did it because he was a coward, but it's retarded to say that he was not a coward.