[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.90 MB, 5001x2471, 1671501413262800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21820659 No.21820659 [Reply] [Original]

write your last dream

previous >>21813647

>> No.21820671

I haven't read a page in over 2 days. I feel like working is just an excuse for people to avoid reeading.

>> No.21820681

>>21820188
>I am still torn as to whether he's a midwit pseud or a genius.
This is how everyone reacts to Nietzsche I think
His observations on history are genius but stuff like Eternal Recurrence, The Last Man, Ubermensch, etc. feel like vague nonsense.
You have to respect for him, he's essential reading, but it's in no way "exit philosophy"

>> No.21820684

>>21820681
>vague nonsense
Make choices you would make again; don't get too comfortable; help a brother out.

>> No.21820731
File: 13 KB, 500x261, BA68F284-C888-40EA-8C1F-1CDE0CC9157D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21820659
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBJ0ifVtK5c

>> No.21820738

Imagine being a rich kid and never having to worry about school or a job or a career and knowing you could just up and move to a place? Don’t like your life in New York? Just move to France for a few months. Don’t want to work? Do nothing but paint for a few months. Want to get some easy sinecure job that sends you a steady paycheck while you do nothing? Here you go. I can’t even wrap my head around it. Until recently, I had to fight for every dollar and every opportunity and every degree of freedom I was ever afforded.

>> No.21820757

>>21820738
but suffering builds character

>> No.21820764

>>21820757
I agree but freedom affords opportunity. What’s all the character building in the world of you don’t have the freedom to apply your character where you would?

>> No.21820767

Big dicks will rule the world

>> No.21820903

I am literally elanor from The Haunting of Hill House

>> No.21821102

reading Wurthering Heights

>> No.21821179

I've just realized that while well-adjusted people have aspirations and some higher goals, I've spent almost 30 years of my life only wanting one thing: to be in a relationship with somebody I like, and I failed miserably at achieving even that. How fucked up and pathetic is that? Imagine people telling you that they want to become something, and all you can say back is that you just want somebody to love you. I don't even think this is about having someone in your life, because Im comfortable being alone, I just need validation, that I'm worth something.

>> No.21821226

Remote work has been a disaster for me personally. I’m so bored all day everyday.

>> No.21821231

>>21821179
I think the irony of that particular goal is it’s self defeating. It’s actually harder to achieve that goal of its your goal.

>> No.21821240

>>21821231
I know right? Because this was my sole purpose in life was in fact the biggest detriment to achieving it. And I kind of knew it yet couldn't do anything about it.

>> No.21821255

>>21820757
>>21820764
No it doesn't. At least not by itself. A virtuous response to suffering builds character. Suffering alone grinds you down. A traumatized mind is drastically disadvantaged and that suffering will beget suffering.

Consider the child who was abused and develops trust issues. They may then grow up to have relationship problems that cause tremendous more suffering and difficulties connecting. It's called kindling.

Or the child who grows up poor and is conditioned to view everything in life in terms of limitations rather than possibilities, constantly fixated on what they can't rather than can do. They will take less risks, perceive fewer opportunities , and view potential promises as threats.

I speak from experience. Although I am a stronger person from surviving my misfortunes, the slings and arrows keep coming and as the years go by it gets harder to still put up a fight. I'm tired of fighting and viewing the entire universe as hostile. I'm sick of thinking of life in terms of winning a war. Give me my praemia and my tract of land

>> No.21821261

>>21821255
>praemia virtutis honores
honors and rewards of virtue
The pension given to Roman legionaries upon retirement

>> No.21821269

>>21821255
Yeah like countless aphorisms it doesn't withstand scrutiny
Some men are improved by hardship. For many others it simply ruins them

>> No.21821276
File: 47 KB, 557x630, nohead?.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21820659
suicide :|
suicide, japanese :000000

>> No.21821293

>>21821179
That is a horrid fucking goal, no wonder your fucked up.

>> No.21821305

>>21821293
What about his fucked up?

>> No.21821319

>>21821293
Well, thing is it isn't something I chose consciously, I was always like this, as far as I can remember. Since the first grade in elementary school at the very first day I fell for my classmate and were daydreaming about her even then. While other kids wished to be astronauts or just have a batman toy, I was going to bed imagining our live together (I was barely 6 or 7 years old then kek). I didn't even realize something's not right until my late 20s. I thought that's what everyone goes through.

>> No.21821320

>>21821255
>Consider the child who was abused and develops trust issues. They may then grow up to have relationship problems that cause tremendous more suffering and difficulties connecting
literally me.

>> No.21821330
File: 177 KB, 618x806, 1678390697546762.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugeIBYvIj68

>> No.21821336

>>21821330
I think you have to kill Sam Hyde, then you move up in the grug pool and can date the cutie.

>> No.21821346

Is that girl in my class orbiting me or is it my imagination

>> No.21821348

>>21821330
>I've only dated 5 women in my life because I am autistic and a sperg
Wish these irony bros would stop larping as incels

>> No.21821351

>>21821293
It’s not. It is fucked that he did nothing (seemingly. He doesn’t say) to make that dream come true.

>>21821179
The goal is fine. You then have to work towards being able to support a family, loving yourself enough to see worthiness of love and courage enough to keep asking around and blithely let the rejections come and go.

Turn yourself around. I know it’s hard, but keep trying, as you learn to love yourself and your life.

>> No.21821519

>>21821346
she wants the D man

>> No.21821555
File: 16 KB, 474x237, bruh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>when the tiktok ceo mentions booktok during the congressional hearing

>> No.21821596
File: 672 KB, 1217x831, 1679425550495830.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

thinking of joining a salsa class to meet new people. What other social things do you advise to meet new people /lit/?

>> No.21821597

I hate my job, and every other job I'm qualified for seems just as unappealing.
I'll put up with it for as long as I can, but I will eventually hurt someone in a fit of rage.

>> No.21821624

>>21820659
Almost had a lit gf bros.

We met when she came in when I was on my shift at a cafe, she told me that her favorite book was Notes from Underground, we were talking on a daily basis, and while I wouldn't say we were anywhere near dating when it ended, I fucked it up anyways.

What ruined my chances completely were when I told her that I feel more understood by ChatGPT than 90% of the people I talk to, to which she responded that she is freaked out by AI, and I said that I foresee a world close to Wall-E and some other shit that in retrospect was in poor taste.

She was the normie type who I'm almost positive got into books through dark academia or related stuff, and didn't seem very unique or bright, but she was really pretty. Exactly my type. Made tiktoks which was a bit of a turnoff though.

In my dejected state I've succumbed to the words of Jordan Peterson and all those self-improvement gurus who make a point of taking responsibility for your life, but I fear that in the future, AI will pretty much eliminate any reason to compete or strive in the real world. It will gratify every desire, soothe all anxieties, and we will all end up perpetually entertained and atomized even more than we are today.

>> No.21821640
File: 260 KB, 672x787, 1666260545046095.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone who lives in London know of a place that's nice for outside reading , a park are something similar without many cars. I need to be outside to focus, been living here for more than half a year but i only go to work and back.This needs to stop. Also i learned a new word, incarnadine, and quite like it.

>> No.21821641

I have arrived at the conclusion that I hate all humans. Every single problem I have ever had has been caused by other people. The less I have to interact with other people, the happier I am. The further distanced I am from humans, the happier I am. If I could extinguish all life on earth, I would.

>> No.21821644

>>21820757
false. in reality suffering just makes you bitter, exhausted, sickly, broken, resentful, and mentally ill.

>> No.21821645

my past is beginning to haunt me more and more

>> No.21821659

>>21821644
It only means that you've failed to learn from experiences.

>> No.21821681

>>21821624
You have womangoggles on. They are special goggles that all men are born with, and you have to perform manual surgery in the mirror with a shard of glass to remove them. They don't affect your normal vision except when it comes to women. When you're looking at a woman, you instantly give her a massive handicap in evaluating her personality, interests, accomplishments, etc. Here, I'll tell you what this woman looks like without womangoggles on, as I have removed mine and I am a free man.

>her favorite book was Notes from Underground
Basic bitch completely average college English/Lit major girl, 99% chance she'll never go beyond reading a couple highschool/sophomorecore books like this and having a 100:1 ratio of reading-to-using reading as an identity and a fashion on social media. Nothing wrong with reading the book in and of itself, but it simply doesn't qualify her for interest beyond casual conversation. She only stood out emblazoned as significant in your vision because of your womangoggles.

>she responded that she is freaked out by AI,
Extremely basic normie response that indicates she never goes beyond such responses in her conversations which further indicates that she is very basic and will likely remain basic forever, only becoming more and more basic as her free social networking from college and dating apps die off as she ages. You were basically having a conversation with an NPC in a video game where the NPCs only recognize specific text strings relating to quests and common objects, and typing in full sentences and paragraphs while she said "I see!" and "Oh!"

>was in poor taste.
No, you talked like a normal person. Normal people share their real views on things. When men talk, it's the GOOD part when one of them broaches something that isn't basic and normal. If a man never went beyond "I see. I am.... [BAD EMOTION: FRIGHTENED] by.... [RECENT TOPIC: AI]," while you were sharing more or less complex thoughts about how AI is going to affect the world in the coming decades, you would conclude he's boring and move on. That's how normal people communicate. But you see her as surrounded by a shimmering halo of importance, so you think her "I see! I saw a .... MUDCRAB.... yesterday" is a baseline adequate performance, while your earnest attempt to communicate real information and sincerely held views is some kind of awkward fumble, well below baseline. There are no awkward fumbles between normal, self-respecting and mutually respecting men. Your threshold of tolerance and amity for a man saying something truly weird and wacky about AI is far, far, FAR higher than your instinctive threshold for YOURSELF when talking to a woman.

>> No.21821683

I can only read a book if there's a family guy funny moments compilation playing next to it or some sort of gameplay

>> No.21821687

>>21821681
>got into books through dark academia
Subhuman. If your mind and sense of self were operating normally, it would be a category error to feel remotely judged, let alone rejected by such a creature (I refuse to say person).

>Made tiktoks
Sub-subhuman.

>I fucked it up anyways.
There is no "fucking up" in normal adult (male) life. Men talk to one another, men decide organically whether they like what the other guy has to say, men continue or discontinue relations on this basis. Some men are assholes and do it in a mean way, and then the other man usually says something like "fuck you" and forgets it. There is only the question of "fucking up" when you presuppose that one party in an encounter is the judge and the other is the judged, when one is the boss and the other is the prospective employee coming in for a job interview and nervously groveling. This is a good opportunity to carve your womangoggles out of your head because the disparity between this utterly unremarkable woman's non-existent right to judge you and your feeling of "fucking up" and doing things "in poor taste" is massive. Usually the disparity is much less, because usually a man is attracted to at least somewhat remarkable women, and it's consequently much harder for a man to see that even they are not his prospective boss or his judge, jury, and executioner. But this woman had the mind and interests of a mildly precocious 13 year old boy, and you are using language that is really only appropriate after being rejected by a prospective mentor for whom you have extremely high respect. I invite you to approach the mirror and begin the operation. There may never be a better time than this.

>> No.21821699

>>21821681
Dangerously based.
>. But you see her as surrounded by a shimmering halo of importance, so you think her "I see! I saw a .... MUDCRAB.... yesterday" is a baseline adequate performance,
Keked

>> No.21821716

>>21821645
How do you deal with guilt about past misdeeds and fear of those being made public, destroying your relationships and reputation?
The pure-hearted really do live better lives. The only salvaging element here is that I'm a more morally upstanding person now.

>> No.21821738

>>21821659
>victim blaming when the abuse victim doesn't love their "struggle"
if suffering builds character why haven't you cut your legs off and gouged out your eyes? why do you not get yourself into a shitty underpaying job and an abusive relationship with an ugly fat woman who will verbally and financially abuse you and make your life a living hell?

>> No.21821749

>>21821738
masochism and suffering is not the same.

>> No.21821776

>>21821749
i would have preferred not to suffer what i have. saying it "builds character" is tone-deaf boomerism. no, it doesn't build character, it cripples you mentally, emotionally, sometimes physically and financially. maybe instead of defending suffering you should channel that effort into preventing suffering. but no, that would take more work than typing some braindead truism you haven't thought about critically for five seconds.

go to hell

>> No.21821788

>>21821776
>all lowercase poster
Didn't read lol

>> No.21821822

Reading great books by great authors is immensely enjoyable, but it also instills me with a deep fear that I will never achieve their heights myself.

>> No.21821826
File: 83 KB, 1024x1001, B34DF530-0F14-42B7-8502-5F14A937EB06.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Did she cum?

>> No.21821934

>>21821687
Thank you anon.

Yeah honestly, the attraction was pretty much completely physical. I think the fact that she was my type in superficial ways and had some level of interest in me because of my interests and talents made it feel like it was a good chance which I let slip through my fingers. But as you say the complete lack of self-respect, putting her on a pedestal, and myopia towards her shortcomings made any kind of deeper connection impossible in the first place. And one not even worth having in the first place.

The ChatGPT thing came up because she was reading Frankenstein (yes, another case of babby's first lit), and I brought it up thinking it was a relevant and thoughtful direction to take the conversation. A more likeminded person would have at the very least reflected on the similarity or had some insight beyond 'wow I'm scared of it and hate that my friends use AI on their essays'... The funniest thing about how all this ended is that she posted a tiktok that said she's not into older guys, and even if the things I said to her were anxiety-inducing or insensitive is obviously a mark of immaturity. And when I confronted her about it (wish I had been less affected by it, I'll admit I was being feminine), she acted all dumb and oblivious about it, even pretending that she didn't know I was a few years older than her when that had been established between us weeks before... Win stupid games, win stupid prizes. Not worth my time in the slightest.

Hopefully we'll meet partners who are attractive, erudite, and the right match. Till then I take the shard of glass to my eyes.

>> No.21821943

I think my feet being cold was causing my nightmares. I woke up from nightmares last night. I put on socks, and I had nice dreams instead.

>> No.21822131

>>21821681
Anon you seem bitter, did it ever occur to you that you as a man are supposed to shape/influence your woman not overanalyse her behaviour like some gossiping bitch?

>> No.21822149

>>21821624
Ignore the autistic homo, go after her if you like her or move on if you don't.

Other than that being an AI zealot is pretty dumb, this thing is here but it's nowhere near as powerful as most people would have you think, and the really powerful stuff is basically a demons working trough technology which is a tale as old as time and we always found ways to cope and fight against demons mostly with the help of God.

>> No.21822155

I keep thinking I *should* kill myself as the last four years have proven I am a midwit pseud, and yet I haven't made any actionable progress towards it. I know I will never be rich, or famous, or anything, really. Yet I still continue. I wonder why. I live off of my parents and have very little opportunity ahead of me, and yet I still live.

>> No.21822161

>>21822155
>I know I will never be
You only know this if you 100% decided to make it so, in other words if you have completely given up

>> No.21822163

>>21821348
>Wish these irony bros would stop larping as incels
Wish you faggots would stop being proud of being losers and do something to change it

>> No.21822174

Touched a fat persons back 2 days ago and I can still feel it.
The touch of someones back fat roll was not somthing I expected.

>> No.21822188

>>21820659
Why don't you lift weights, anon? It has zero downsides.

>> No.21822205

>>21822188
Im too poor to afford gym.

>> No.21822232

>>21822188
Unless you become gym obsessed homosexual like many sadly do.

Other than that I agree but don't take it too seriously, do some compounds 2-3 times per week try to adjust your nutrition somewhat to fit your goal wether that's gaining or losing weight and that's about it.

Also home gym is also essential if you don't want to lose tons of unnecessary time driving and waiting for equipment to free up, I also don't like feeling like a communist plebs that has to use communal facilities and besides about $1000 is enough for the cage, barbell and weights which is all you need.

>> No.21822270

I’ve only ever wanted an exciting life and yet I feel as if my life has been boring as hell. I should’ve been a gym rat and become special ops or something.

>> No.21822277

>>21822270
Just start looking for adventure possibilities

>> No.21822280

>>21820659
I'll either go insane or kill myself.

>> No.21822287

>>21822149
I don't know man. I still like her, but I think it's over. Before we ceased contact I acknowledged my shortcomings in that conversation and how what I said was insensitive, and she said that she finds me interesting and would like to know me better but that I jump to conclusions too much. And so I admitted yes, I do sometimes, that I need to work on that, and asked in turn that she be direct and firm in her boundaries (because she had posted some tiktoks implying disinterest which were 99.99% directed towards me- >>21821934 goes into what went down a bit more), and if we could move past this, but she said she can't see anything happening between us and that she is too busy and tired for relationships (even platonic ones). I told her that I respect it and cut off all contact and tried to move on. In our past exchanges in moments I had felt rejected, and was on the brink of moving on and she would demonstrate some level of wanting to keep me in her life, but this time she made no such attempt.

While we were corresponding I tried to communicate honestly whenever I felt it was necessary but this came in longform messages (not quite essays but you get what I mean, the kind of communication which might convey a level of attachment disproportionate to our level of connection) and if I were to reach out again I feel like it would just be overwhelming for her and maybe even leave a bad taste in her mouth. She lives quite far from me as well, and while I could go visit her I doubt she would even want that.

And I'm not an AI zealot. I like using ChatGPT since it can discuss ideas and understand what I'm getting at better than most of the people, since I don't really many likeminded people around in my life. There is also a self-serving element to it, in that I don't have to abide by the norms of conversation and can type in whatever the hell my train of thought has produced and often get interesting results. I understand the need for real life interlocutors- after feeling heartbroken about that girl I said fuck it, I'm not gonna cry about her, and traveled 3 hours to see a friend downstate and spoke with him for 7 hours straight on a variety of intellectual topics. I enjoy his company a lot. I'm just atomized and don't really leave the house much like a lot of you fucks.

>> No.21822294

>>21822277
They’re hard to come by these days.

>> No.21822303

>>21822287
>getting talked down to by some normie who can only see you as a defective normie
Life may suck and you may go through long stints where you have nobody, but know that you are always an autistic king

>> No.21822307

There are only three cool jobs: warrior, war correspondent, and cowboy.

>> No.21822313

>>21822307
Stuntpilot

>> No.21822322
File: 274 KB, 1020x574, ....jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.21822332

>>21822313
Sounds boring

>> No.21822340

I wasted so much fucking time. This life save is fucked.

>> No.21822345

>>21822307
What are you 12?
In my opinion there are no cool jobs because I don't have a strong enough interest in any one thing that would make me cope with the reality of having a job but many people would disagree and that's ok.
For me the only option is business since I don't like doing anything yet I have to do something I might as well maximize my income and cope with more freedom opportunities that money can give me when I have free time which is often.

>> No.21822348

I miss feeling alive :(

>> No.21822353

>>21822340
>I wasted so much fucking time
We all did
>This life save is fucked.
?

>> No.21822360

>>21821826
Women can’t cum anon

>> No.21822370

>>21822360
>Women can’t cum anon
Should we tell him?

>> No.21822374

>>21822303
Thing is I'm not a normie, and she never really saw me as that. I have unique creative talents which were probably the only reason our conversation even lasted as long as it had. By the 4chan definition I'm definitely autistic in that I'm asocial and have low self-esteem but I'm not actually incapable of connecting with other human beings.

I think what went wrong for me was that I tried too hard to gain her approval. I saw how she would have almost a hundred comments on some of her pictures (I get maybe two at most), and that being social seemed like a big part of her life, that felt that the skills I had developed over a number of years would not compensate for that. When in reality it was probably the one thing that kept her interested in me, and if I had been bolder and less concerned with her opinion of me I probably would've done better.

>> No.21822375

>>21822353
I haven't wasted a second in my life.

>> No.21822392

>>21822294
They're hard to come by if youre always at home in front of a screen, yeah

>> No.21822410

>>21822374
Should have asked her out on a date instead of beta orbiting her and pretending like she was interested.

>> No.21822415

>>21822353
Like a video game. Like this life is a save file.

>> No.21822419

>>21822161
I mean, I cheated my way through a useless math degree and I'm substitute teaching in the vague hopes I can become an elementary school teacher and forget my past. Maybe teach middle school math if I'm not completely inept. There's nothing left besides maybe writing a bit and waiting to die.

>> No.21822421

>>21822374
Your problem in my opinion is that you know the way but you haven't walked it and felt it yet. I'm being 100% unironic right now, you are valid. Never feel judged by anyone else again, unless it's for a genuine moral failure or inconsiderateness, or it is genuinely useful information to have like you have some habit that bothers people and you didn't know it did.

Stop comparing yourself with others in this way. Even if the entire world found you weird and off-putting it would still not necessarily mean you are doing anything wrong. Even from the way you talk in this post I can tell you're self-deprecating by default, in a way where you always assume you're wrong and normies are right, because normies are happy go lucky and you aren't. You think you have this under control because you know on a conscious level how to say all the right things and you know rationally that you're valid. But you don't feel valid if you're self-examining this much, and if you see what happened primarily in terms of your own failures. You didn't fail, you 1: learned more about type of person, who may or may not be your type, and how to interact with them when you meet future ones like this one, and 2: simply didn't jive with someone.

Don't give normies the power to act like they are valid while you are invalid, or they are "ahead of you" and you need to catch up to them, or anything like that. They will always take it because they are unthinking herd animals, more insecure than you are in a thousand ways because their insecurity is a purely emotional need to belong while yours is cerebral theorizing and moral commitment to self-improvement and so on. If you say to a normie "dude, you poured that ketchup so confidently! nice man! how do you do it?" he'd start giving you a speech about how you just need to be more confident man, he used to be like you but now he's cool (and you aren't yet), etc. She's a fucking dullard, you should have instantly cut off contact with her the instant she stopped behaving exactly the way YOU would behave to a slightly nervous or idiosyncratic guy who tried to chat you up.

You have done a responsible amount of self-examination and then some. You didn't do anything morally wrong, and you've learned a little bit about how dumb normie bitches don't like when you say sentences that are too long for their pea brains to handle. Stop feeling like these people are evaluating you or have any right to. Just bee yourself. Highly idiosyncratic weirdos who are too confident to notice that they're weird get laid, less idiosyncratic guys who overthink individual interactions with random loser monkey IQ women get nothing.

>> No.21822434

>>21822419
Why not just aim higher than an elementary school teacher? Ron DeSantis taught after college but he decided to do something else and now he might be our next President. You’re too young to give up, dude.

>> No.21822440

It’s funny to hear all the 24 year olds whining that it’s over because they’ll be 25 this year and they’re not on the path they want to be on when all the 29 year olds that are whining it’s over because they’ll be 30 this year and they’re not on the path they want to be on know that 30 is the real cut off. I wonder what the 34 year olds have to say.

>> No.21822448

>>21822440
It's that mentality of
>it's over
that is the real reason they failed and will continue to fail

>> No.21822463

player.placeatme aed40 5

>> No.21822477

>>21822463
Is there any mod to give Adoring Fan a sexy, sort of a more sensual voice

>> No.21822483
File: 35 KB, 400x300, part3_29small.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21822477
Byy azUuraaa uuuwuuu

>> No.21822500

>>21822440
It's cope with their inability to get shit done, people have no fucking idea how much progress is possible with 1 focused year, just ONE if you're average healthy young man with average or especially above average IQ which I actually assume most here are which might be one of the main reasons for their handicap because they overthink instead of acting. Action trumps everything, inaction, handicaps, illness, talents, IQ, natural gifts, depression... everything.

Most probably know and understand this, but they don't feel it because they don't act in any significant meaningful way, as soon as you start pushing things forward you will feel this to be true and only than will you be able to logically convince yourself it is true and worth doing. Before that you literally need to force yourself do some shit like you were your own prison guard or slave owner.

There isn't a problem that can't be fixed or at least significantly improved within 1 focused year but you need to change your mindset completely, positive outlook only is key. You can't keep seeing yourself as a loser and thinking it's impossible to achieve your goals because that is literally self-sabotage. You can't say "well ok I'll try to do this one more time, I bet I'll fail just like the last time..." and honestly hope something will change, it almost certainly won't.

It's incredibly simple yet not not easy in any way, but if you know it's simple as acting and being in yourself you need to keep pushing, as soon as you give up you sealed your own faith and it's in fact over.

>> No.21822536

>>21822434
I don't have the GPA to go to law school because I chose the wrong degree for my aptitude. We'll see where things go, I guess. I could somehow manage to write a good book, but that's about as achievable a goal as anything. I guess it could all be worse, though.

>> No.21822537

>>21821681
yeah bro you seem to really not care about women

>> No.21822561
File: 117 KB, 600x862, women genius.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Zamn!

>> No.21822568

>>21822561
how is this false?

>> No.21822572

>>21822440
I'm turning 33 soon . The sky didn't fall and my dick didn't stop working when I turned 30. In fact as soon as I turned 30 and nothing about my life really changed, I stopped caring about my age. In fact I became more grizzled and stoical across the board . I'm not nearly as turbulent and anxious to live like I used to be, which has its benefits and drawbacks.

Worrying about your age is the most futile of pass times. There's nothing you can do to stop getting older. Worry about your health. That you can at least partially control.

I'm not a fan of getting older, don't get me wrong. I sometimes reflect on my younger self and wish I did more and thought bigger. I sometimes have mild envy for blossoming youths, but I am also beginning to feel advantaged in experience over them. Life goes on. Stop being a coward. Live while you can.

>> No.21822581

>>21822163
Thats the irony bros pretending to be incels who are acting proud. I'm not proud that I repel all women. I wish people wouldn't use my personal failures as an aesthetic or political platform

>> No.21822584

>>21822581
not all people who are involuntarily celibate are incels. being an incel is an ideology, or part of one. i genuinely feel bad for you, whereas i wish all incels were dead

>> No.21822588

>>21822568
Women thrive off selling men the idea that any of them could be special, it's called being a W H O R E.

>> No.21822594

>>21822588
non sequitur

>> No.21822599

>>21822568
Because it’s just a poor excuse. “Oh I’m a genius but let me cave to this societal pressure that any competently motivated person would push past”.
Women are, in the ways that we can attempt to measure it, less likely to be geniuses in the first place as a statistical given. But if you also factor in that this kind of cake and eat it bullshit holds them back, they’re clearly less likely to be worth keeping around.

>> No.21822606
File: 138 KB, 603x911, women genius 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21822561
Bazinga!

>> No.21822609

>>21822561
Ada Lovelace was a genius. Virginia Woolf was a genius. Djuna Barnes was a genius. Whoever wrote that tweet will never be a genius.

>> No.21822612

>>21822594
you wanna get sequitur with her that's your business.

>> No.21822680

>>21822561
Why do women resent their nature so much?

>> No.21822711

>>21822561
>uninterrupted time
>cushy academic jobs
Now I don't want humblebrag that I'm a genius, that's for others to judge but I know that I'm objectively above average intelligence last time I did IQ test (not that they are completely relevant or accurate) I got 144. Butt the most original thoughts and breakthroughs I have are wither when I doing something physical or before/during sleep not sitting on my ass.
>>21822680
Because (((feminism))) made them into incompetent poor copies of males, instead of excelling at being female they are struggling as "male", hence why they hate their true nature, it hinders their ability to be as good as males and they are constantly reminded they cannot compete with males.

>> No.21822729

>>21822711
Ironically tons of uninterrupted time is something that ruins most high IQ or gifted people, they never do anything other than think, complain, philosophies and cope.

You need action to fully develop your genius if you have it in you, you need to apply it in some way otherwise its wasted potential.

>> No.21822742
File: 156 KB, 736x1103, 45b8607d0b0132834d19852f1d50af79.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The thread John David Card made to shill his youtube channel was deleted. I'm so happy!

>> No.21822754

>>21822711
Out of curiosity, what original thoughts have you had? If you don't feel like sharing, you can be as vague as you'd like.

>> No.21822775

>>21822568
This is false because everyone is subject to societal pressure. Being a genius has nothing to do with actually acting upon your thoughts and going against the current. Einstein first wanted to be a plumber, and chose not to. Hypatia could have been like every other woman in Alexandria. She could've been in some comfy palace, tending to a loving and influential husband. She chose to stay a celibate and become a mathematician. This led her to become the most respected female figure of Alexandria. Saying women can't be geniuses because muh societal expectations is literally spitting on Marie Curie and every other women that made it.

Of course some would justify their own mediocrity with "oh, but I am a woman and I can't spend my time the way a man can" (why? she perfectly could), or with "I have x and x mental illnesses, and probably ADHD so I can't study even if my life depended on it LOL". It's basic coping mechanisms. Most people don't want to admit they are mediocre and have shit discipline, which is why most people aren't geniuses or extremely good at something.

>> No.21822793

>>21822561
The irony is how dumb and ungenius this take is. Men just magically have more time? Leisure time is a class privilege birdbrain

>> No.21822814

>>21822754
One thing that comes to mind immediately is the nature of hell and it possible location.
Saturn which might or might not be somewhere on a larger Earth as the gate/portal to hell which but you need to get on the correct frequency, and these frequencies could be resonated by certain ancient artefacts like the black stone at Kaaba that basically keep humanity in the matrix. There's also the idea that time is the most direct manifestation of Satan, time kills us, takes away from us we are in constant battle against time, and if you stop measuring or caring about time you free yourself and live freely in the moment and grounded

Now I know this might not sound very original since many people today talk about these things but the way I understood it at that time was completely original for me because I never heard this anywhere before only some vague connections between Saturn and satan.

There are also various realisations which are not original by any means but do feel like they are if and when you come to release them on your own. Such the utmost importance of human action in overcoming our problems, achieving things and even enjoying life and not only action even struggle to some extent. I stumbled on this one day when I was doing some physically intensive work like shovelling gravel or pushing for wheelbarrow for hours and hours and you need to find ways to distract your mind from this incredibly dull activity so I started to pray the Jesus prayer repeatedly ""Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner" and then I remembered the catholic saying of "Ora et labora" - prayer and work, and it made complete sense that the most direct fullproof way to overcome your struggles is work and pray. Then there's the realisation of highest values in reality being truth, goodness (love) and beauty and everything worth doing should ideally have all 3, it's also the best way to judge both ideas and people.

Like I said none of this is probably original but it was for me at the moment I got the idea.

>> No.21822836

>>21822814
You're schizophrenic

>> No.21822849
File: 138 KB, 1131x752, 678.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21822836
>t. midwit jewish faggot

>> No.21822850

I have an obese coworker. Whatever. But she's always trying to push her unhealthy lifestyle on other people. Always talking about sugary food and bringing in pasteries to the office. That would be fine, nice even, but she acts like a whiny little brat if you politely turn down the offer. Sorry, I don't want to end up a perfectly spherical lump of lard like you!

>> No.21822865
File: 102 KB, 1280x1280, e30.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21822836
>You're schizophrenic

>> No.21822873

>>21822814
As someone prone to his own share of otherworldly insights I understand where you're coming from, but I feel like the mark of a true genius is the ability to contribute a perspective which shifts the worlds of many individuals. Your perspective feels unfounded- don't get me wrong, it could be valuable from an artistic perspective, if you were to render your visions into paintings or even soundscapes, but metaphysically it doesn't really do anything for me.

>> No.21822886

>>21822849
i wish i had such a thick skull that all i needed to reinforce my beliefs was a jpg from /pol/ (over 678 of them to be exact)

>> No.21822897

>>21822775
Geniuses are often though not always noticed and allotted free time to express their geniuses. I do think many potential geniuses are strangled in the cradle though by having to work regular jobs.

>> No.21822902

>>21822873
Well here's another thing, you need to figure things on your own most of the time in order to truly *get* it, it's very hard to understand an abstract idea if someone else is explaining to you, you need to have the even if you fundamentally understand it you don't get it unless you experience the realisation on your own.
This is exactly the thing I was explaining above with the anons coping their lives are over but they refuse to take any action, because they never experienced the momentum that builds up after you force yourself to move. Same with midwits and NPC's that are unable to understand anything metaphysical because they never experienced it unless they really don't have souls and are unable to, but that's a different story.
>>21822886
>t. midwit jew

>> No.21822920

>>21822897
>I do think many potential geniuses are strangled in the cradle though by having to work regular jobs
School more than job, because a true genius would find a way to get the free time he wants.

>> No.21822959

Things went well today
I'm grateful and I'm serene

>> No.21822989

I wish God would let me wake up 5 years younger.

>> No.21822990

>>21822920
They're kind of the same thing nowadays. School just drills you into doing office work.

>> No.21822997

>>21822814
Hell is but total separation from God. It's not a place but a state of the soul. What might by another tradition be described as total contradiction to the Tao, or the total encumbrance in karmic filth such that, unlike even the lowly worm, one is not fit to exist in this already pretty shitty universe.

>> No.21823007

>>21822920
They’re the same. School just comes first. The sterility of a computer job is just as liable to suffocate genius thought. Ironically, geniuses have to learn early that they should stop jamming a square peg into a round hole and take the McCarthy method. Sure, he served in the Air Force which is pretty conformist, but he otherwise lived as a bum with shitty jobs and practically dropped out of society at one point. That’s the key. You can’t be a genius artist, scientist, inventor or anything else while you’re chasing a career or law or banking or while you’re trying to get hired in data analytics or get a degree in economics. By the time these guys realize that, they might be in their 30s and that’s a lot of lost creative time.

My brother is like this. He’s about 30 and still jamming a square peg into a round hole. I wish he would just do what he really wants, but his stubborn nature makes him desperately want to finally get a degree and a normie career almost as if he can prove to himself that he can do it. We all know he can. Some just think he’s lazy, but I know it’s just not his nature.

>> No.21823019

I should take up photography.

>> No.21823038

>>21821276
suicide in japan is often viewed as undertaken because of one being dishonoured. A man fights hard,
if he does not fight hard enough he is dishonoured. The west views suicide as one not trying and simpling giving up. Many people in the west commit suicide due to a breakup, a death of a loved one, the inability to provide income to fulfill one's desires, the inability to pursue ones dreams because they stuck in a 9-5 job or bogged down by resposibilities. Japan viewed by western culture is strong with its old ways of honour that even carry into the modern age, partially, but they don't see whats now happening where japs are working long shifts in white walled offices doing nothing but looking at numbers and replying to emails all day. They are now commiting suidice for the same reasons as the west but its not yet viewed that way by the west. People in the west are uncomfortable about suicide because they know these people are just like them and they can so easily be in the same position so would rather not think about it. The west views japanese suicides as honourable and well earned after a trial of effort so they are a lot more comfortable with that. But this is a romanticized view because of media and literature about the ways of old

>> No.21823050

The effects of old age are starting to become more apparent in both of my parents. Neither of them are suffering from a terminal illness fortunately, but I've been thinking about their health more and more as the years go on. I think I'm mentally preparing myself for the inevitable.

>> No.21823055 [DELETED] 

>>21823019
Are you sure you want to do that? Many photographers have died in the past.

>> No.21823063

>>21821943
Are you on any kind of medication? I get real fucking wild dreams that are very vivid and relate to recent events or sensory activations while im sleeping(my arm might be numb, might need to piss or shit, might have aching part of my body etc). Off them most my dreams are just very plain and are like scattered, mild thoughts and are nothing related to any physical feelings at the time

>> No.21823126

>>21822990
>>21823007
School is a brainwashing facilty which a true genius should be able to pass mostly unscathed, it will waste his time and he maybe won't develop his full potential like he could if he gotten a proper education tailored for a genius but it won't brainwash him or keep him down.

Work on the other hand is a matter of choice, I find it hard to believe that a genius would allow himself to fall into the trap of wageslavery especially today when there are so many alternative options.

We might have different definitions of genius but for me it is a well rounded individual that's good in most areas of life not some hyperfocused geek, more like renaissance man and as such it shouldn't be too hard for him to take care of the finances in a way that suits him more.

>> No.21823143

i had a dream a few months ago that i stood infront of my family, exclaming my distain for being alive and how theyve caused me nothing but suffering before putting a gun to my head and pulling the trigger. I heard to shot go off, felt the weight within my skull be lifted and watched as i fell to the floor through the cockpit of my own eyes.

I read a few weeks earlier on a random topic about how dreams are viewings into alternate lives or views of the future. I often wake up remembering my dreams but right now i can only ever remember 2 dreams ive had, one when i was 9 years old and the one mentioned above. I strongly beleived after said dream that there was some mystical force and i was either viewing my destiny or what i must do fulfill some prophecy.

A month or so after that dream i read that that our dreams are our memories organizing themselves, often replaying back in our minds as dreams. Since then i've lost all beleif in any kind of mystical or powerful presence and have had a very technical view on the world, especially the emotions of other.

We are simply nothing more than the result of our nuture and nature manifested. Our upbringing, our DNA and the situation we are in are the only factors in how we behave and how we feel and we are nothing more than slaves to our emotions. This has given me a nihilistic view on the world but not in a negative way, more in a way that emotion rules supreme and everything is pointless because of it.

Every major accomplishment that man has claimed, they have been praised or worshipped for, every negative thing they have been ridiculed and punished for, is nothing but a simple emotional response. Those who beleive crazy things simply do because of the chemicals that circulate through their brain, made by their past and their DNA.

We are not here for any purpose, we were a simply a dice roll on a trillion sided die that landed, there may be other life, there may be not. Thats all life is, is emotion, instict and entropy. As much as we hope so, we cannot predict it nor control it as it is not controllable or predictable.

I dont know if theres an ideology named after this beleif, but i know for sure im not the only one that sees this

>> No.21823164

>>21820659
I have so many good ideas I don't even know where to begin so I end up doing nothing.

>> No.21823196

>>21823164
everytime you have an idea, open a wordpad document and write it down. Everytime you want to expand it, open the document and add to it. Everytime you have a new idea, open a new wordpad document and write it down. When you have an out for your ideas, you've got plenty to choose from

>> No.21823210

I can’t be the only one who finds their life insanely boring. When I think about how my biography would read, I want to shoot myself.

>> No.21823219

>>21823210
Are there any things you actually want to do? If so what's stopping you?

>> No.21823231

>>21823143
You are like a leaf blown by the wind

>> No.21823238

>>21822360
Women can cum just by the man being tall/strong and having a slightly larger dick than average, which is even worse. If you're a manlet/etc. then you're out of luck. "Use your hands" etc.

>> No.21823240

>>21823231
>like a leaf blown by the wind
>>Though this well known 'saying' you cite seems to convey an idea of lightness, freedom, and a sense of 'above mortals' concerns, it is usually understood, or is actually related to a sense of having lost all control of oneself or over one's life, of being swept here and there by a capricious wind.

Is this what you mean by this statement or do you mean something else. Never heard this saying before

>> No.21823244

>>21822568
Women choose not to spend their time alone because they have no soul; they can't ever feel at home within themselves. If women were capable of being geniuses then they would naturally tend towards solitude like men. Women are always seeking out attention, their entire gender is basically histrionic.

>> No.21823250

>>21822448
naive

>> No.21823259

l have healthy relationships with the females in my life

>> No.21823271

>>21823250
A loser mindset
No one who thinks it's over will turn his life around

>> No.21823282

Dude everybody knows your full of pizza right now

>> No.21823298

>>21823282
We're all talking about it

>> No.21823300

>>21823126
>I find it hard to believe that a genius would allow himself to fall into the trap of wageslavery especially today when there are so many alternative options.
Like what? Crypto is a complete luck pull

>> No.21823314

>>21823271
I don't think you even understand what is being discussed. Only in a very particular case are you correct. The majority who have been trying their hardest for their best years usually have good reason for giving up. Just "pressing on" like a soldier is exactly what you should not be telling them to do. You should be telling them to take it easy and find themselves in solitude.

>> No.21823319

>>21823271
Some people are destined to fail, as well, no matter how hard they try. It is better to realize this and take a better approach, than to keep trying the same path which never works. Flexibility and knowing yourself is far superior to whatever stupid grind you are promoting.

>> No.21823325

>>21823314
I doubt the 20 something year old itt really grinded for whatever they wanted.
Cause I see a lot of posts saying how they wasted time as well

>take it easy and find themselves in solitude.
But I did just that.
If you're of the opinion that it's over then it really is over. Accept it is my advise. Don't whine or think of how you could do it different, it's over.

>>21823319
I am promoting no grind. Just stating that if you're one to cry about how over it is that you're not going to get whatever it is you want.

>> No.21823336

>>21823325
>Just stating that if you're one to cry about how over it is that you're not going to get whatever it is you want.
There seems to be a misunderstanding then. Who said anything about "crying that it is over"? The only thing that was said is acknowledging the fact that "it is over." This is perfectly reasonable if all attempts have failed and continue to fail despite best efforts. Why refuse to admit something that is evidently true? Do you think that would bring success, or just more frustration and anger? Sometimes it's not only OK, but even beneficial to admit you have failed and you can't succeed here. Not everyone can succeed in everything.

>> No.21823337

>>21823126
Here here.
I'm a genius and always did bad at school. I'm fairly good but not exceptional at my job, but am not making millions. If I were able to pursue my will without object I would fix the world overnight. My ideas ought to govern this world. Yet the world is ruled more by ignorance (and material power) than knowledge (and ephemeral wisdom)

>> No.21823341

>>21823126
>>21823337
It's not that I passed school unscathed , it's that I resisted it because school couldn't get me. I was unable to be contained and incomprehensible to standard models. All geniuses are rebels.

>> No.21823347

>>21823336
When people say it's over they talk about their life in general here.
It's not usually said about failing college or not fucking this one girl.
You can cope in whatever way about failing at something in life. Just pointing out that dwelling on it (which is what you're doing by posting in these threads all the time about how it's over) is a loser mindset.

>> No.21823362
File: 355 KB, 660x1024, killer-art17.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I read mostly for knowledge. And it keeps surprising me how many fields of "knowledge" are 90% speculation based on loose patterns, but are taken seriously. Economics, soft sciences, all have this problem. But even philosophy has fallen prey to this, modern phil has no interest in metaphysics/epistemology which grounds the whole discipline. It's all subjective shit now.

There's a feeling now that only the hard sciences can make true progress. But, in my view the hard sciences are the least important area of study. Our lives are short -- philosophy, politics, economics -- solving all the problems of those disciplines will make us happy now. Yet no one alive is really making progress in it, and all the bright minds are in STEM now. It's weird. STEM won't make us happy. But everyone seems to think it will.

>> No.21823365

things seem to align themselves again. it's been a harrowing 6 months, probably even ones of the most stressful months of my life. no more exams and I have a week-long holiday now it's somewhat comfy

>> No.21823369

Thinking about how we used to watch entire anime serious in 240p on Youtube each episode split into 8 parts. Funny how the mind will find nostalgia in even the most objectively shitty of experiences.

>> No.21823377

>>21823369
This

>> No.21823386

>>21823347
Nothing's over until you exit this world. I believe in you boys. Even if you don't believe in yourselves. Sure you're just shitposting sloppily on an anonymous imageboard, but you are ENGAGED with the struggle of the human spirit and conscious of it. You have to have faith in one thing which is in yourself and fight for that until the last breath. Nothing else can be trusted as certainly as yourself and the origin of all mental discord is a lack of trust in yourself. Have faith in yourself and take this world on one piece at a time.

>> No.21823393

I hate when girls moan while stretching in class. They definitely do it for attention.

>> No.21823412

>>21823386
Me shitposting is like sisyphus pushong that boulder

>> No.21823417

Anyone wanna have sex with me? Like, kinky bondage sex with lots of leather.

>> No.21823418

All of you are uninspired icchantika filth.
I doubt most of you even possess qualia.
Your minds are complete FILTH.
Not a single inspiring, insightful, or original thing goes through your minds.
I'd slaughter most of you without a single shred of remorse.
Insipid, uninspired, soulless trash.
Inferior beings guided by Geist and not a love for ANYTHING.
I'd save a hummingbird's life before your shit children.
In fact, I HOPE ALL OF YOUR CHILDREN DIE. MUTILATED AND RIPPED TO PIECES.
Die and eat shit, you pathetic zoomer pieces of shit. Get your eyes gouged out and bodies dumped into the rivers.
Insentient garbage trash.
Waah wah muh woman
Waah wah muh shitty taste in shallow entertainment
Waah wah muh shitty take on partisan politics
Waah wah muh my one-dimensional memes and obsession with IQ
Just take the knives to your throats already.
Abominations, metaphysical forces of pure destruction.

>> No.21823438

> most active I’ve ever been
> fattest I’ve ever been

>> No.21823495

I have witnessed a demon with a heart made of fire and a booming voice that filled a valley. I wasn't alone, around 20 people saw and heard it.
Heat wind and dust conspired to construct an entity that only existed for long enough to speak once. The word greeted me like an old friend at the same time it terrified me. The word was about you, the things you've done and the consequences you will bring on us all. They own you.

>> No.21823503

Coming to this website is easily in the top 5 regrets of my life.

>> No.21823514

>>21820757
>suffering builds character
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought-terminating_clich%C3%A9

>> No.21823524

The last 8 months have been a misery starting with my dad's cancer diagnosis, to my car failing and being to poor to fix it, to no longer being able to play sport because my back and knees are fucked, to my girlfriend breaking up with me because I can't give her enough attention, to my PhD going off the rails because I'm too distracted with everything else, to my dad's condition deteriorating to a point now where he only has some months left. Why is God testing me so? My dad's guidance and wisdom would normally pull me through anything, but I won't have that soon. If God wants for me to be more independent and wise, I have to beg for his approach to be more forgiving.

>> No.21823529

>>21823524
Sorry about your dad, anon. What field's your PhD in?

>> No.21823530

>>21823514
>Some such clichés are not inherently terminating; they only become so when used to intentionally dismiss dissent or justify fallacious logic
You are actually the one doing it in this case. You really are that dumb.

>> No.21823534
File: 3.48 MB, 320x240, latest-898297308.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21823369
Nigga try buying VHS tapes from the comic shop.
I was likely one of the first thousand people in North America to see the first ssj transformation.

>> No.21823536

>>21823529
Health economics. Nothing to do with cost-benefit bullshit, I look at the social determinants of health

>> No.21823543

>>21823524
And if God healed your dad but gave the neighbor cancer, you wouldn't give a shit.

>> No.21823544

>>21823536
Sounds snazzy. Keep puttin' up the good fight.

>> No.21823546 [DELETED] 

>>21823543
Good thing that God is not a Marxist.

>> No.21823550

>>21820659
>Philosophers and ploughmen
>Each must know his part
>To sow a new mentality
>Closer to the heart
>Yes closer to the heart, YEAH

>You can be the captain
>And I will draw the chart
>Sailing into destiny
>Closer to the heart
>Closer to the heart
Fuck AI.
Someone help me meme this song into being a humanist anti-AI anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPeBwVXgR8I

>> No.21823554

>>21823546
Neither seem to mind starving millions.

>> No.21823560
File: 11 KB, 341x87, Screenshot(122).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here's your stupid comment you deleted.

>> No.21823578

Everything I write seems to be bad in some way. I can't get past the first few pages. I'm only trying at this because I'm a failure at other things. Why am I not dead yet?

>> No.21823579

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKAtM9xS-fA

>> No.21823580

>>21823550
Then they'll just come at you with Digital Man or The Body Electric, which you'll have to counter with The Analog Kid. War never ends, kid.

If you're looking for old world vs big tech, go with Red Barchetta. Its about a dystopia where traditional gas vehicles are outlawed. The protagonist's uncle keeps a "real" car hidden out in the country which he uses to defeat the futuristic "air cars."

https://youtu.be/mejBHBexVH4

>> No.21823616
File: 5 KB, 135x100, 63E51-resemblance.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21820659
Public bathrooms are disgusting.
There's always this sligth stench that all have & sticks on you for the rest of the day.
Even after a lengthy show I can still slightly smell it on me.
And the soap smells awful and makes my hands sticky.
Actually shitting in an alley almost seems more hygienic.

>> No.21823620

>>21823616
Keep a can of lysol in your car or on your person.
I sterilize every public toilet I encounter and I don't stop spraying until I feel my eyes defatting.

>> No.21823621

>>21823616
Feel free to hop on over to my place if you're ever out and about and need to shid.

>> No.21823627

>>21823616
I love shitting in public toilets. I think travelling in China inured me to the horrors of public bathrooms. Now I can shit absolutely anywhere with no fear.

>> No.21823633

>>21823616
Places with many public bathrooms are disgusting. The process of going through an airport is a demonic ritual that infantilizes us and conditions submission.

>> No.21823635

>>21823418
If you think /lit/ is bad, you should check out the /lit/ discord if an invite ever gets posted in the future. Awful people all around.

>> No.21823652

>>21823616
>Actually shitting in an alley almost seems more hygienic.
It would be. If you shit in plastic bags then sealed and threw them away it would be most hygienic and a boon to getting vegan bums to stop eating out of dumpsters. But we have to cater to obese people who can't help but spray shit everywhere like hippopotamuses.

>> No.21823659
File: 116 KB, 780x438, 1675885378983.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21823620
It's not just the toilet (i t.p the whole toilet seat anyway).
The scent pervades the entire space. Just stepping in for a second, my hair and skin instantly absorbs the scent, and will take about 1-2 days for the scent to completely go away.
Also bathrooms have started this trend of not providing paper towels, and i refuse to use the air dryer because it's disgusting so I have to hobble back to the stall and use the T.P.
And then the soap which both smells horrible but also makes my hands slightly sticky.
Just awful.
Like I feel like I need to scape all of my skin off and replace it multiple times afterwards

>> No.21823663

>>21823659
*scrape my skin off

>> No.21823674

>>21823418
meds

>> No.21823675

>>21821776
You're speaking with a bot who only knows how to communicate in catch phrases. Ignore people who say things like that and let them figure out their mistakes the hard way

>> No.21823678

>>21823675
>Ignore people who say things like that and let them figure out their mistakes the hard way
Some day I may learn this lesson.

>> No.21823692

I can officially say, for the first time in my life, there are no longer any glaring reasons for me to be unattractive to women. I have a real, in-person job that sounds attractive (teacher), I make an at least average amount of money, probably above average for my age, I'm not afraid of driving anymore, I live on my own, I look decent, or at least as good as I ever have, I have friends, I can hold a conversation decently well, and I have creative hobbies. Most if not all of these things are not things that came as easily to me as they do for a well-adjusted guy but I have them now.
As of this moment, every subsequent moment I don't get a girlfriend is pretty much the result of a shitty world, not my own faults. None of us deserve anything, I don't mean to imply we do, but it seems objectively true that romantic non-starting ceases to be my fault from this day onward.

>> No.21823693

>>21823692
Is this from a manifesto?

>> No.21823695

>>21823678
You have to accept that people like that may not even figure out their mistake in that respect. It's obvious what he actually means with his silly catchphrases is that intelligence, effort, and success, is what builds character. Suffering is an occasional byproduct of that process, and he hasn't thought about the process enough to even realize that. He probably will never think about the process because he is focused on other things, if he is actually successful. What you should always do is learn to trust your own judgments. Even nominally successful people tend to give awfully poor explanations of things which are not within their sphere of expertise.

>> No.21823696

>>21823693
Nope, I wrote it just now. Don't take it too seriously, I just read it back now and it made me laugh. But I don't see any areas of my life that need vast remediation anymore.

>> No.21823701

>>21821776
>maybe instead of defending suffering you should channel that effort into preventing suffering
Dumbest thing you could possibly do. If it's the primary goal the logical conclusion is to remove as much life as possible from existence.
That you don't understand what's being reference doesn't make it some cliche "truism", becoming stronger by overcoming adversity is how all life came to be what it is. Life without adversity decays on all levels, physically, mentally and spiritually.

>> No.21823704

>>21823696
>But I don't see any areas of my life that need vast remediation anymore.
I think your sense of self-worth could use a coat of paint.

>> No.21823706

>>21823692
>I'm not afraid of driving anymore
Congratulations, sincerely but also lol what a retard.

>> No.21823712

>>21823659
If the restroom isn't properly ventilated then the air is full of obese people's anal sweat and free shit particles blasted out of their warp-inducing slingshot ass flaps. Usually you are swimming in feces going in there. For hands you can just wear plastic gloves and not worry about washing them anymore. Going back to the commode with wet hands and using the toilet paper there is just smearing more shit all over your hands which is making your problem worse.

>> No.21823715

>>21823692
Everything is always your fault, anon. t. this thread probably.

>> No.21823737

>>21821681
Out of curiosity sake what would have been the correct response in any of these situations. She was right about AI though, I wouldn't talk to a transhumanist AI shill either

>> No.21823746

>>21822322
One of these gets killed and the other lives to holds his position for the next decade, which one would you choose
I'd kill trudeau

>> No.21823750

>>21823706
Not as uncommon as you might think these days. Most of my friends were very uncomfortable with it into their 20s. I blame screens.

>> No.21823783

>>21822711
How did feminism turn women into incompetent women's true role?
I agree in the sense that libfeminism is absolutely retarded and works almost complete against women's interest. Every big tenet, "sex work is work" no it's not it's exploitation. "Women should be allowed to wear whatever they feel most comfortable in" I agree with this, but whenever I see it applied it's an excuse to wear revealing clothes. I'm not against a woman doing that, but you're really telling me that THAT's what's most comfortable. "It's how I express myself" Why is how you express yourself exactly aligned with what men want to see. Make up too, "I express myself with make-up" are you really telling me that you'd wear make up in a vacuum?
Sex positivity, more often than not women get the short end of the stick in casual sex, higher
STD rate, chance of pregnancy, a man can overpower you.
Don't even get me STARTED on "bimbo" and other shitty aesthetic trends. Libfem has been co-opted by men and pick-me women who only endorse whatever flavor of feminism is most palatable to men. Why the fuck are things like getting more women into leadership roles and rejecting the pressure to make ourselves appealing the male gaze cast aside in favor of dressing for men and objectifying ourselves under the guise of "empowerment"

But anyway, what would woman and man's roles look like? In a primal setting, men would hunt, build, and carry while women would rear children, forage, and organize. Both need intelligence, but on different levels. Men would need better spatial awareness while women would need better pattern recognition. Modern day, I think women make good bureaucrats and men would make good construction workers. But without gender, true nature I guess is just whatever you're best at. I don't know what you're referring to with "they cannot compete with males" I guess physically you're right. Women are doing better in higher education though, so they can out compete men there. I don't know what "excelling" at being female would be. Raising successful children? What is excelling at being a man?

>> No.21823801

How do I mitigate my intense fear of dying and losing all the things I love?

>> No.21823820

>>21823543
What the fuck is your point? That he’s a hypocrite because he can’t care for everyone on earth as much he does his dad? Refrain from being such a fucking retard in the future anon

>> No.21823825

>>21823801
death is fucking terrifying, mostly because I'm sure there's something there I just don't know what. The mystery is very harrowing. I guess there's comfort in knowing literally everyone has to go through it

>> No.21823826

>>21823801
Die every moment, reborn every moment. Birth and death are both illusory. You are neither born nor dead nor dying. You are eternal. The trick is relinquishing your attachments. Know that being attached is what leads to decay and the false death. Don't be attached and you'll have your dear life eternal in death.

>> No.21823844

>>21823801
you go to sleep everyday.. How are you not afraid that you might never wake up?

>> No.21823862

>>21823825
Death ain't shit.
Countless billions of living things have died before you. Trillions even. I can't think of the right number. They have all passed through that threshold.

Make death your bitch and you are the Master of Reality. Conquer life through the triumph of the fear of death. The fear of death is the ultimate prison and protocol of life, the boundary condition. All fears are little fears compared to this big fear. Master the fear of death and you will never be more free.
In the same sense the fundamental principle of the samurai Budhido code is to "live as though one were already dead."

Fuck death. Yes I would prefer to be alive, but fuck you Reality for imposing the fear of death on me without my consent.

Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh.”
― Marcus Aurelius

>> No.21823870
File: 44 KB, 394x585, 1678773790059791.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The primary societal safeguard against extremism and domestic terror is socialization. Socialization in this context is the mechanism by which society directly connects the individual to other individuals, and not necessarily to society itself. Someone without any meaningful connections to other individuals is unlikely to become an extremist. This is not because social connections allow someone to feel as if extreme actions are less necessary, but because they instill a more direct feeling of moralistic obligation than idealistic causes.

Extremism and terroristic acts are more common among social outcasts primarily because they do not feel any obligations to specific individuals. They may care, in theory, about society, the people in it, and social approval, but they perceive their acts, no matter how violent, as ultimately for the benefit of society. This is because any harm caused by the action is highly diffuse and imperceptible (at least before commision of the act), and any goods are seen as both urgently necessary and directly beneficial (as in vigilantism).

However, when an extremist perceives that their actions may bring harm on a specific individual (and not diffusely upon society in general) there is a much stronger urge to refrain from extremism. A father may want to refrain from terroristic acts to keep his children safe, or his wife out of scrutiny, even if he still holds extremist views. This form of direct connection is the single greatest preventative measure against extremism and extremist acts, and the rise in domestic terror, mass shootings, and other crimes is likely related to social atomization.

>> No.21823871

I get very many ideas for novels and I havent written a single one

>> No.21823879

>>21823871
how do you get ideas? I have none

>> No.21823890

>>21822584
>being an incel is an ideology
What the fuck are you blabbering about?

>> No.21823891

>>21823879
I get them from dreams, conversations with friends and randoms, from what I read or watch. I try to write poetry and that shit usually comes to me when i get super comfortable in bed. Ideas usually come to me when they are least convenient.
They just come to me and I write them down.
I keep a midori passport with me as my wallet to keep those notes if im out and about and expand on them at home.
I have over 20 story ideas cooking. None that Ive actually completed.

>> No.21823893

Some of the key tenets of the Bushido code included:

Rectitude or righteousness (義, gi)
Courage (勇, yuu)
Benevolence or compassion (仁, jin)
Respect (礼, rei)
Honesty and sincerity (誠, makoto)
Honor (名誉, meiyo)
Duty and loyalty (忠義, chuu-gi)

>> No.21823911

>>21823879
>>21823891
For instance I got an idea for a novel based off of the semi-common phrase "our Caesar is already born" and I honestly thinks its one of the best ideas Ive had. You just have to be creative.

>> No.21823916
File: 186 KB, 718x404, 1674812080476006.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21823911
>You just have to be creative.
I guess Im just not a creative person then.

>> No.21823919

>>21823916
read >>21823891

Ideas are basically luck. Equally opportunity and preparedness. Be ready to record ideas and do it when they inevitably come.

>> No.21823939

I want my boyfriend's ex girlfriend to develop cancer

>> No.21823941

>>21823870
Technological-Industrial Society's response to the rise in violence caused by social atomization is, unironically, "sex-reassignment." Primarily, castrating young men from birth or childhood.

>> No.21823944

Why would I care about the history of where I live or the local art, etc.? I spend all day on 4chan and never go outside. There's no connection between me and here. I should be reading the history of 4chan.

>> No.21823963

>>21823939
Praise be to God Almighty that he does not grant our wishes

>> No.21823969

>>21823944
I am in same spot as you.

4chan is mainly western. So you will eventually become a westaboo if you spent 5 years or more on this website. This has happened to me. You should combine your locality with 4chan culture.

>> No.21823972

>>21823963
I pray to God everynight that she develops cancer or some other terminal illness.

>> No.21823978

Tried quitting my antidepressants, but after a couple days I think I will go back on them. I started having bouts of weeping and intense sadness and an uncomfortable amount of grief.

I live such a lonely and wretched life.

>> No.21823995

Is it possible that people became a lot more judgemental, or am I imagining it?

I noticed it in myself. I wasn't like this just a few years ago. I even remember having strict rules for it. It became harder to maintain them and I eventually broke completely. That happened somewhere at the end of 2019, just before Corona.

It feels like panopticon on steroids.

>> No.21823998

My sleep schedule is so fucked, I go to bed around 6 AM and wake up at maybe 4PM. I usually have insomnia so the fact that I'm getting consistent sleep everynight is a blessing, I guess beggers can't be choosers. I've been going on night walks, where I just walk around my neighborhood at 3AM or so. I probably look like a crazy person, but its very meditative and peaceful

>> No.21824001

>>21823995
Yes. I think I've become more open minded, but only because I got so frustrated with everyone being judgemental that I made an effort not to be. It feels like if you disagree with someone on any kind of issue at all, you're on their hitlist.

>> No.21824004

>>21823978
Do they help you?

>> No.21824006
File: 1.78 MB, 1293x1293, 1679547604657340.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21823978
its a played out meme, but you need two things.
1. Purpose. Find something you are passionate about. If you are as depressed as you are saying you are, then no goal should insult your pride. Find it and chase it.
2. Food and fitness. Let food be thy medicine. Eat foods that are simple. Avoid seed/vegetable oils, refined sugars, processed foods and excessive carbs. This will require more from you, as it has become much easier to poison yourself in our world.
Fitness is essential. endorphins released from exercise boost mood and testosterone that leads to natural anti depressant results.

this is all to say that, if you try these things, and find yourself in a place where you still cannot control your emotions, you may need medication. That is not to say you should stop any of these things, but medication should be avoided at all costs. They do not treat the cause, they are Band-Aids that fucks with your mental chemistry.

>> No.21824046

moving to new zealand ama

>> No.21824048

>>21824046
Heir to a millionaire?

>> No.21824057

>>21824006
My theory of health has evolved to being basically what Hippocrates said: It's all about food.

Well, not entirely food. What you drink matters. Your air quality and sleep quality matters. And fitness matters. But that's basically it I think. Most health problems could be solved by fixing these issues I believe.

>> No.21824068

>>21824057
agreed, but when it comes to facing something like depression, you need a healthy body and a purpose to chase. If you can get both of those things on lockdown, you can, in my estimation, have a meaningful life.

>> No.21824081
File: 69 KB, 1024x1024, 20LxILBgHgUwvo4henS4--1--15bpb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21820659
The truth about sex has always been simple and intuitive to my mind. The division remains reducible to giver and receiver.
Women do not have penises, they can only mimic the aggressive outward forcing that is masculinity. A woman can never really rape. The ocean can swallow a ship, but the ship is the thing itself plunging downward.
Women will always be safe and inoffensive. A stream of sewage could come out a woman's mouth and would still appear as sweet.
The nastiness of which they are capable is rarely outwardly bold, but only takes an indirect or passive aggressive form. A woman's power comes either in a rejection of her own feminity to the purpose of aping the aesthetic of men, or in fully exploiting men's insane sexual desire. Or thirdly in other sophisticated social maneuverings.
On the point of form, a woman's beauty suffocates, intoxicates, and draws inward. Like those insect traps full of sweet bait , and the insects all buzzing around dashing themselves madly getting stuck, dying to get in closer to their death , it surrounds and suffocates those little things seeking their own dissolution. Men are in this regard much more tiny and futile. A man's beauty lies at the point of a singular point, powerful and destructive. We have only this. A woman is abundant, everything or nothing, . Swollen. Sickly Sweet. A shiny red apple is a great joy for the worm, which can only takes and eats and probes, and now it's gone. And that is of course only how a man views it, for him a temporary madness that dissolves itself. Male sexuality is suicidal, though indifferent, detached. A man can never give fully; he remains separated.
The paradox of contemporary female empowerment is that to be powerful in a visible sense--i.e in a political sense--women must evoke masculine elements. Female politicians like Merkel or Hillary Clinton cut their hair like men, wear masculine clothing, and speak in typical male mannerisms. In competing with men she must necessarily become like men, since on the debate stage power has to be met with equal open power. That is to say domination and destruction of the opponent using reason. And so feminine strategies here in the eyes of an audience are ineffectual.
The reality remains that masculinity is power, not in the sense of "patriarchy", but that the actual form of men is itself power. Raw power unreserved and independent.
There's power in feminity but the power is gained through the feigning of a lack of power. Women know intuitively how to play to mens' desire to feel useful, to get them to do things they themselves don't want to or can't do.
But this is not raw power; it is more sophisticated since it is the power which comes from the lack of simple power, and so plays into mens' inherent egoism.

>> No.21824090

>>21824081
What do you think about male virgins?

>> No.21824101

>>21824081
Why do you think rejecting femininity means adopting masculinity. Femininity and masculinity is a sexual dichotomy placed on top of humanity. Femininity comes down to using a womb to reproduce, everything else is extraneous, so I guess just not reproducing would be a rejection of femininity

You're mistake is that you mistaking social ideas for true nature. A dress isn't inherently masculine or feminine, but it is flattering on a woman's body and unflattering on a man's. When a woman dresses in ways that cover up the elements of her that advertise her fertility (hips, breasts, shape) she is rejecting the sexual element (female) of her humanity, not donning masculinity. Masculinity isn't the default, humanity is.
Also just because Hillary clinton wears pantsuits doesn't mean she's dressed like a man.

>> No.21824164

I just started reading the Penguin Classics translation of Aristotle's Metaphysics and it is by far the worst and shittiest translation of anything I've ever read.
Listen to how terrible this syntax is.

>Now the circumstances in which a skill arises are that from the many cases of thinking in experience a single general assumption is formed in connection with similar things.
I legit had to read this sentence at least 10 times to understand how it was supposed to be read and still I'm not 100% sure I'm reading it right.
Compare this to the same sentence in the Hackett translation.
>Craft knowledge comes about when, from many intelligible objects belong to experience, one universal supposition about similar things comes about.
Simple. Concise. Elegant.

I'm on chapter 2 and there's like 4 other sentences like this that hurt my head. I'm switching to the Hackett.

>> No.21824202

>>21824164
Anon I don't know what you're talking about, that first sentence is clear as day, obviously he is saying that in conjunction with various forms of thinking, such that all angles are understood, a general U̵n̸d̸e̶r̷s̸t̴a̴n̸d̵i̸n̵g̵ ̷̨̛̀̕ả̵̜͙͎͉͈͋r̴̰͑i̶̗͓͂̏͆s̸̠̬̟͒̆͠ẻ̴̬̤̘̓s̸̳̭̓̄ ̷̟͕̫̟͐̓͒s̵̼̍͊̃͂͝u̵̠̭̜͔̰͑̂ç̷̞̭̆̈h̴͔̩̫̜̭͋͗̈ ̸͈̙͐t̷̢̛͚͖̞̚h̷͉̬̆ȁ̴̞́̚͝t̶̳̘͓͂̍̋̓̚ ̵̗̈t̶͖͉́̋̀̌̈h̶̠̥͔̾̉͠ì̴͓̗̄̽̎̋͝s̵̳̪͉̈́̓ ̸̡̺̹̫̮͠k̶̛̭̪̙͓̿͒͗̽̄ͅn̴̡͓͕͂͑͛̔͘ǫ̸̥̭̤̼͎́̒̐ẃ̷̡̾̃͘͝l̸̢̛̼̭͊͌͛̋e̷̪̘̹͋d̵̼͇͕̭̞͐͐̐͂̀̕g̶̦̻͕̱̍̊̒́́e̸̡̨̖̟̮͒̍̈͊̊͊ ̶̝̝̩m̵̨̖̈́á̶̛͓̪͕̀̈ỵ̷̞̰͙̫̩́̈́ ̶̮̱̌̑̎̕b̷͈͉̼̿̑̀̕̕͘ę̴͙̄̀̓̕ ̵̭̘̜́̚ȧ̸̪p̷̨͗͋̚͝p̶̥̣͙̞̀͂̀̉̇l̸̡̗̤̥̻̦̃̽̓̏̓i̷͉̣͗̄͝é̶͍̕d̷̪̉͛͜ ̴̛͙͍͍͙̮̆̈́t̷̻̭̬̣̣̍̃̒́ơ̶̛̟̣͉̪̻͓͌̈́̀̈́ ̴͕̞̌̑͊̄͜a̸̡̢̻̣̝̫͂͒̀̚l̵̞̀̆̈́l̶̩̤̺̭̘͘ ̶̳̉͊̆͛f̷͓̯̥̓͛̌̈̈́ơ̴͉͓͇͓͇̈̂͐͝r̷̮̯̖̹͈̄̑̚m̷͔̬̌s̶̥̪̎͑̆̕͝

Honestly how did you not get that? You might just be retarded

>> No.21824215

>>21824202
don't you me

>> No.21824326

>>21821624
>It will gratify every desire, soothe all anxieties
Nigger it's not heroin. It's not even pussy. Do some actual drugs.

>> No.21824339

>>21824164
Found this in the Ross translation, might be the same sentence
>And from memory experience is produced in men; for many memories of the same thing produce finally the capacity for a single experience.
Feels elegant. Is this your first Aristotle? How's it been?

>> No.21824342

>>21824339
I know the ideas, but never actually sat down to read it. I've read all of his practically philosophy though. Now I'm diving into the weird shit.

>> No.21824344

>>21824342
*practical

>> No.21824349

>>21822500
>It's cope with their inability to get shit done, people have no fucking idea how much progress is possible with 1 focused year, just ONE if you're average healthy young man with average or especially above average IQ which I actually assume most here are which might be one of the main reasons for their handicap because they overthink instead of acting. Action trumps everything, inaction, handicaps, illness, talents, IQ, natural gifts, depression... everything
This is generally good advice but you get a bit hyperbolic at the end. Action helps but doesn't necessarily overrun some disabilities. I'm not saying that inaction is the way to go, but that it's not a total panacea. Sometimes you're putting in effort to tread water, but that's better than sinking.
>t. Disabled and putting in a lot of work to not become more disabled earlier

>> No.21824350

>>21821624
Why are AI spammers so weird?

>> No.21824353 [DELETED] 

>>21821624
>I told her that I feel more understood by ChatGPT than 90% of the people I talk to
made u look like a pseud who doesn't understand how llms work which is why you work at a cafe instead of a real job i guess.

>> No.21824367

>>21822711
>I'm objectively above average intelligence last time I did IQ test (not that they are completely relevant or accurate) I got 144.
I don't think you understood the test or its metrics, nor its flaws. Saying "I know that I'm objectively above average intelligence" from an IQ test is about as smart as saying the same thing from a religious revelation.

>> No.21824373

Europe has been perpetually declining ever since it became christianized.

>> No.21824378

>>21824373
laughably false

>> No.21824380

>>21824378
I mean, it's doing really well, right?

>> No.21824388

>>21824380
Europe has been going to shit since ww2.
It has also become less and less christian since then

>> No.21824394

>>21824388
Liberalism is secularized christianity. Europe has never been as fanatically christian as it is now.

>> No.21824397

>>21824394
Christianity isn't secular.
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ dying for your sins you're not Christian.
Modern Europe is less Christian than it has been in a very long time.

>> No.21824404

>>21824397
Liberals are more christian than any monk or priest under the sun. They are the ones who truly took the logic of christianity to its natural conclusions. Everyone else is just dragging their feet on the way.

>> No.21824416

>>21824404
Oh you're just dumb then
If you
>don't go to church
>don't believe in the resurrection
>don't believe Jesus was send by God
You are not a Christian.
I don't know from what lame book or gay podcaster you listened to to get the idea that Liberalism is Christianity but he's moronic.

>> No.21824476
File: 1.65 MB, 520x302, 2ifYg8aiZAXv.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Its 2023. My dad was in a popular and influential punk bad in the 80s. Now he's a neolib corporate stooge and his son has done nothing with his life but post on /lit/ for the past 10 years. What's the point?

>> No.21824566
File: 1.30 MB, 3024x4032, riay4og2gck71.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My girl is one of these trad girls, wants a big wedding, for me to pump her full of children and to work a lucrative job so she can live at home tending the farmland she wants next to a big house. Does she deserve this treatment? I'm considering a master's to give me access to a more lucrative career to pay for this, but my heart belongs to writing and being a starving artist prick. What do we reckon lads? What's the based course here?

>> No.21824582

>>21824566
>What's the based course here?
Obviously to marry your girl and pump her full of kids you stupid fuck, quit romanticizing your image of le poor starving brooding artist.

>> No.21824585

>>21824566
never once did somebody who gave up a pretty family life for vain pursuits like being an artist look back on it without regret

>> No.21824594

>>21824476
name band

>> No.21824614

>>21824404
You probably haven't even read the Bible in its entirety once and you're talking as if you know the natural conclusion of Christianity. Go speak to a priest.

>> No.21824636

>>21824416
Every single school of thought in the West is derived from Christian thought, including ones focused on anti-Christian sentiment.

>> No.21824652

>>21824636
Doesn't mean that Europe right now is Christian.
It for sure is less Christian than it was in the past 1000 years.
And if it's less Christian than ever, how is the decline the fault of Christianity?

>> No.21824726

>>21824652
I don't really disagree but almost everything we know we can trace to Christianity, good and bad. The inevitability of future decay was always built in and even explicitly talked about in the Bible.
We know how spoiled people behave, we know if our efforts to make life more comfortable are too successful everyone will be a spoiled retard incapable of maintaining anything.
Ideas related to ascetism and discipline and such delay the inevitable trend but there's little left of any of that stuff now. It's all basically considered barbaric.

>> No.21824769
File: 80 KB, 691x422, newtonpapers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>get all the manuscripts of isaac fucking newton
>only archive the scientific/mathematic ones
>theology? lol sell that shit!
Is it just me or this classic English hubris? Why do they think they know better than Newton, just because it's alchemy or theology? It's fucking Newton for christsakes.

>> No.21824915

>Missouri City, Texas

>> No.21824996

>>21820659
I CRAVE FLESH

>> No.21825063
File: 395 KB, 991x1280, FJNZNTJWQAAM7_s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Socionics types, the offensive stereotypes:

SLE: Criminal.
SEE: Insane criminal.
ILI: Reclusive incomprehensible schizo.
IEI: Schizo who gets killed for being heretical.
ILE: Stoner.
IEE: Airhead stoner.
SEI: "I (female) make the sun rise every morning."
SLI: "I (male) make the sun rise every morning."
LII: Autist.
LSI: School shooter.
ESE: Npc.
EIE: Edgy npc (Bernie bro, Chapoid, dirtbag x, etc.).
EII: Narcissist (harmless).
ESI: Narcissist (violent).
LIE: Employer who steals from employees (genuinely Evil).
LSE: Employee who steals from employer (genuinely Evil).

>> No.21825135

>>21821319
Did you move on to other girls, or was/is it a bad case of oneitis?
Because I was in a similar situation, met her in middleschool and carried her in my mind untill my late twenties. I guess she's still in my mind, but now I know it cant be like I want it to be. The worst part is I would still say yes if she came to me, I can't see me loving anyone else and all I want is to love.

>> No.21825148

>>21821596
Mensa

>> No.21825156

So what do I do if I have a story I want to tell but I've been pairing visual and musical elements to it in my mind? I'm torn between writing a book and attaching a "soundtrack" to it or starting with some kind of audiovisual medium instead.

>> No.21825204

Been spending a lot of time with my mother lately and she always insists on driving so I just let her. Feels weird sometimes as an adult man.

>> No.21825293

Is life more colorless for young people now than it was 50 years ago? When I look around, I can’t help but notice less and less dynamism among the youth. Do they not take advantage of opportunities or are there fewer opportunities?

>> No.21825368
File: 513 KB, 1600x901, poutine.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

a classic trick is to put the cheese first so it melts under the fries. but you wont find any restaurant doing this because it looks less aesthetic. fry and gravy quality are much less important. its the cheese that matters most. you NEED Quebec cheese curds. a yank could never comprehend that

>> No.21825398

>>21821596
Don’t anon. My experience with salsa class was horrible. I got bored really quick and the people there were insufferable. Worst decision of my life. I should have joined a martial art club.

>> No.21825434

>>21825398
Isn't is easy to pick up chicks in those classes?

>> No.21825436

>>21825293
What do you mean by opportunities?

>> No.21825492

I want my boyfriend's ex girlfriend to play in traffic

>> No.21825495

>>21825368
That looks disgusting

>> No.21825505

Brooding about all my wasted opportunity

>> No.21825558
File: 825 KB, 1280x963, Studio_Project (27).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21824101
>Why do you think rejecting femininity means adopting masculinity
Not what I said. A nun rejects her sexuality but is not in any way masculine. What I said is that a female politician mimics the powerful poses and mannerisms of a man. But that women can only mimic the appearance of men, they can never experience the full irrational driving destructiveness and egoism of which men are capable. The fact remains that women cannot rape--and this fact alone says everything.
>Femininity and masculinity is a sexual dichotomy placed on top of humanity.
Placed on top? Very strange wording, it is not placed onto anything the dichotomy is natural to humans and animals.
>Femininity comes down to using a womb to reproduce, everything else is extraneous, so I guess just not reproducing would be a rejection of femininity
Feminity is way more than using a womb. Ever seen the way a woman holds out her hand? Or laughs? Even simple things display it. A woman who doesn't reproduce remains a woman.
>You're mistake is that you mistaking social ideas for true nature
Our social ideas are not disconnected from nature. It has been observed again and again that women prefer a politics that is local, stable, and egalitarian. Among chimpanzees, female chimps have longer lasting, more stable relationships with other female chimps, whereas male chimps tend to have more instrumental relationships, and are more power seeking.
The lower male chimps band together against the most powerful male chimp, and the males try to win the collective support of the female chimps in their power struggles. The women have more collective power due to their social bonds which they use to try and control and limit the aggressiveness of the male chimps.
>A dress isn't inherently masculine or feminine,
I never said a dress is inherently feminine.
>When a woman dresses in ways that cover up the elements of her that advertise her fertility (hips, breasts, shape) she is rejecting the sexual element (female) of her
The distinction between men and women is so much more than just a difference in fashion. I don't know why you're reducing the difference to it.
And your wording here is revealing, that a female politician denies her sexuality--i.e as you say hides the elements that advertise "fertility"--but the same cannot be said of a male politician. Since the male sexual form is itself the powerful, public form.
>Also just because Hillary clinton wears pantsuits doesn't mean she's dressed like a man.
Pantsuits are made for women, but they're masculine in the sense that not only is a suit associated with men, but that a pantsuit is typically free from all ornamentation--is simple and functional. I.e Male.

>> No.21825562

The Defining Decade made me want to kill myself.

>> No.21825565

Ethan Ralph

>> No.21825568

>>21825436
I don’t know how to articulate it exactly but just something like things to do in general. I read a lot of biographies and it seems like people in the past were able to be more mobile and dynamic and just overall do real things more. It’s like they just had more going on in their lives, especially as young adults.

>> No.21825588

>>21825505
>jes wasting my time broodin’

>> No.21825673

>>21825505
Such as?

>> No.21825705

>>21825568
I see.
The pandemic changed a lot in my city. Stuff I could do 4 years ago can't be done now.

When you talk about the lack of dynamism, the bigger issue becomes creating opportunities -- it's an accusation of impotence. Social media eats a lot of youthful fervor. Young people now have different goals. They don't crave life or intensity but therapeutic satisfaction. I don't know if this phenomenon is generationally unique.

>> No.21825716

The masculine urge to dematerialize from the physical world and exist as an immaterial consciousness observing time and space

>> No.21825749

Death and salvation are the same.

>> No.21825761
File: 63 KB, 1024x1024, kWLuimDrAWG4Q1MEcYFD--3--c14lu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21820659
I'm starting a job soon at a park--a temporary seasonal job doing conservation work--and feel totally unprepared and scared. I'm worried mostly about the social aspect.
The days are slowly ticking by getting closer to the day I have to leave. And I worry a lot about my future these days. I don't know what I'm going to do afterwards.
I've been debating joining the navy after this job since I feel like I've run out of options, and need to make a big change and most of all need money. I'm afraid not only that I won't fit in, being a nerdy guy, but also reading the news about Taiwan the Navy suddenly seems a whole lot less of a safe option if China invades soon & the U.S decides to get involved.
I really feel like a failure, like I've just failed to measure up, and can't seem to fit in anywhere.
What talent I have is ineffectual or intellectual. To succeed in this world almost entirely falls down to one's social skill, and I just can't develop this aspect of myself. I remain flat, static, impassive, and devoid of personality. Like I've never really matured into a real adult, and still just waste my time with frivolous distractions whether social media, video games, or books.
Being around other normal people my age frightens and depresses me because it only makes me more aware of how much of a massive gulf there is between me and them.
There's something about missing normal development when your young that just stays with you and never goes away. No matter what I always feel like an outsider. Wherever I go I am trespassing. In a public space I feel watched, though this is only narcissism, and can only breathe freely once I find some corner free from all sight. When I walk past a stranger I feel intensely their gaze, I hold my breath in, and look down or to the side fearing accidently meeting the other person's eyes.
There is no place for me anywhere. I cannot make a space for myself. An awful feeling that has defined most of my life.
What youthful energy I have remains always restrained, repressed. I can never give it expression, like I'm trapped within myself always.
Time flies by me and I find I've wasted another day refreshing /lit/ over and over. Or even just reading for hours, which to me now feels like an equal waste.

>> No.21825783
File: 430 KB, 677x465, 7A2F249F-80BD-4A73-9180-F6B52344E800.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21820659
Dorothy Zbornak if he real

>> No.21825805

Had this insane dream that I was being hunted by these weird alien-human hybrids that secretly run the world. No matter how much I shot them they wouldn't appear to be harmed. I even started loading buckshots and slugs into them but the hole would just heal over instantly. It was scary. This is what I get for browsing /x/ at 1am

>> No.21825821

>>21825673
I was a really good university but couldnt make a single friend, so I went months without talking to anyone, went insane, and dropped out. If I couldhave been slightly more socially competent I could have done way more with my life. I'm 24 now and just feel wasted.

>> No.21825825

>>21825761
How old are you? Probably early 20s right? I wish I did shit like that at your age. I mean, I did sort of. I volunteered on a dude ranch for a few months but it never really went anywhere. I planned to join the army after that but couldn’t because of health problems. My life has kind of sucked ever since.

>> No.21825837

>>21825761
Just jump right into it. Might as well. No point in toiling away in agony

>> No.21825854
File: 2.32 MB, 2048x1246, 1653296334339.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to ask God on why he's punishing me but then I remember book of Job and how God said to Job who he thinks he is to ask an explanation from God. Isnt he's satisfied by denying the most basic formative years experiences? Why the humiliation?

>> No.21825855

>>21825705
I do agree that it eats youthful fervor but it’s also just like young people have nothing to do. It used to be 18-35 was the most important demographic in society. They were going places, doing things, participating in history, moving to this city, meeting that person, embarking on a passionate pursuit of painting or writing or whatever. Now, it’s just like everyone is shuffled off to college and then spends the rest of their 20s paying off debt in some shitty job while society has basically nothing for them to do. Look at our last two Presidents. We live in a genuine gerontocracy and it’s pervasive through business, media, art, everything. Teddy Roosevelt started his political career in his 20s as a State Assemblyman. Every assemblyman in my state today is over 40 without exception. I just think if you’re under 30 you’ve spent your entire life with this civilization having basically nothing for you to do, and in lieu of nothing to do you didn’t have the same opportunity to be dynamic. You couldn’t just pack your bags and head west, because you had debt or no savings or whatever. You couldn’t just move to New York and get a journalism job because New York is expensive and that’s not how jobs work now. About the only thing you could’ve done is join the army, which only dummies did.

>> No.21825859

>>21825673
>>21825821
When I was 18 I had a lot of passion, ambition, interests, natural talents, etc. But I just felt so closed out of everything. No matter what I did every door would slam on my face. Year after year went by in this idle state, of course made worse by the pandemic, until finally I'm here, all the life crushed out of me. I dont even have the energy to be angry anymore. I just feel washed out and lethargic all the time.

>> No.21825861

Do billionaires contract mercenaries?

>> No.21825863

>>21825821
You’re 24, dude. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, pick a path and start walking. If you follow this advice you’ll feel silly for having felt this way once you’re 29.

>> No.21825917

IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE
BUT ITS OVER NOW
IT MUST HAVE BEEN GOOD
BUT ITS OVER NOW
IT WAS ALL THAT I WANTED
BUT NOW IM LIVING WITHOUT

>> No.21825927

>>21825863
Ive always tried to be productive at all times. Ive never been a NEET. I just got back into college recently and was admitted to a bunch of state universites. It's just causing me this feeling like vertigo to get all the acceptance letters again. I pick one up and suddenly I'm 18 again. It's hard being back in school because everyone is this carefree teenager, living the college life that I was totally locked out of. I can't emphasize this enough, but I spent years alone. I feel so behind and so much of my life feels vacant. I cant stop thinking about how I'd like to be 18 again and get another chance.

>> No.21825956

I've been reading the confession theead on /soc/ and I think I'm much worse off for it

>> No.21825994

>>21820659
Someone did something uncalled for that changed my perception of them; now I this person is abusive and ignorant and that's why they keep getting abandoned / have no friends; and I'm no savior that'll fix 'em up either I think. There might be autism / social retardation involved too. Hope they can find peace.

>> No.21826008

the word for happiness in german is gluck

>> No.21826030 [DELETED] 

>>21825855
Kids 60 years ago carved out their own spaces, initiated their own movements. They were aided by material conditions, but I doubt that is the sum of the cause. You bring up good observations on government, but rule by elders is the relative norm.

Wouldn't a pre-paved opportunity to be dynamic be not-dynamic by definition? Dynamism in the way you describe it necessitates something new, something that can't be formularized. Vigor cannot be taught, but it can be extinguished. I'm inclined to think it's an issue of the youth themselves.

>> No.21826031

>>21823783
You are fucking retarded

>> No.21826044

How do I see like a deafblind person?

>> No.21826050

>>21825855
Honestly, BAP is right about some things. This is a phenomenon of controlled space. There used to be some space (physical, professional, intellectual) that youngmen could go into and seize. But now everything is controlled and we're all just monkeys in a zoo enclosure jerking off and flinging shit

>> No.21826053

>>21825855
Wouldn't a pre-paved opportunity to be dynamic be not-dynamic by definition? Dynamism in the way you describe it necessitates something new, something that can't be formularized. Vigor cannot be taught, but it can be extinguished. I'm inclined to think it's an issue of the youth themselves.

>> No.21826071

>>21826030
It hasn’t been the norm. Roosevelt was the rule and not the exception. I’m also not talking about pre-paved here. I just mean that it seems like the world had a wider variety of things to do and well, actually had things to do. I just really feel like everyone today is shuffled off to college and then into an office career but often falter at one of those two and spend what’s left of their 20s trying to catch up. If they want to exit, and let’s say pick up a new job, move to a new place, it’s not as easy because of cost or credentials or whatever. Another example: in the 19th and most of the 20th century you didn’t even need a law degree to practice law. Today, it’s a mandatory requirement. That means that in the past someone could move out and become a frontier lawyer or at least just up and move to a new city and get involved with the scene there, today it’s 3 years of law school at least and there’s no scene to be involved with. I mentioned politics because this is the most visible because that’s one area that’s visible where there’s truly nothing for a young person to do. But to read the biographies of your favorite writers. They grew up in some town and then moved to this other place and then they got deployed in this war and then they came home and met this person and then they got this office and moved to this place. Lives aren’t like this now. They kind of stay where they’re at and just pursue a degree or a job.

>> No.21826077

>>21826053
>>21826071
Yeah, but I’m not talking about a pre-paving. Just the conditions that allow for dynamism to be possible.

>> No.21826079

>>21826050
But why is that?

>> No.21826093

new
>>21826088

>> No.21826116
File: 91 KB, 1280x1143, yes master.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21825994
That's so sad but you're right. You shouldn't bring yourself down to help someone that's toxic, and there's definitely no excuse if they do evil things.
I say this as a toxic, socially retarded person myself.

>> No.21826158

>>21826079
Overpopulation, advancements in technology, and the current progressive zeitgeist

>> No.21826166

>>21826071
>Another example: in the 19th and most of the 20th century you didn’t even need a law degree to practice law
I feel like the extreme credilentialization of jobs today was intentionally designed not only to hamper young people, but also the entire middle class. Saddle the entire middle class with debt just to get a mediocre job that will then be done away with by automation sometime this century.
Thirty years from now janitor jobs will require a certificate certifying that you can plunge toilets.
They'll give it a fancy name to obscure the absurdity: major in Toiletry sciences with a focus on lavatory systematics. And for only 50k you can join the fast growing team of toilet professionals.
I do think you are right about everything being less free & more controlled. The past was more violent and chaotic, but the flipside of that was there was far greater freedom.

>> No.21826175

>>21826158
STATE ENCROACHMENT AND ABSOLUTE CONTROL.

The “civilizational” project is all about controlling the world. It’s perpetually scared of natural cycles. So it will grasp and grip at everything, it doesn’t care about humanity. It wants to mold humanity into stoics, soldiers and cyborgs.

>> No.21826204

>>21826175
I think theres this great potential for syncretizing Ted K, BAP, and Varg

>> No.21826222

>>21826071
Can any 'condition' allow for dynamism? I don't mean to be obtuse; it just seems to be a contradiction in terms. Present iterations of it will not replicate previous biographies, but that's part of the point. The dynamic shows up in the deviations; it cannot be controlled.

There are certainly conditions that allow dynamism to *not* be possible. You listed a great deal of current ones. But what would the reverse look like?

For your question -- is life more colorless for the youth now? -- I see "yes," but it's difficult to say conditions are the sum of the cause. There are obstacles that have never existed before, but do you believe the solution will come from a change in character, an overhaul in the conditions, a combination, or something else?

>> No.21826326

>>21826166
As for the lack of dynamism among young people, i think it's a combination of multiple things. Growing up between two crises--the great recession and now the pandemic--has made the zoomers risk averse and desire stability above all.
Secondly the youth have fully internalized the idea of "privilege" which has been taught to them and effectively pacified them. Basically young people have been led to feel guilty for what they have which keeps them from forcibly demanding more.
At the same time the increasing cost of housing means more and more young people are fully dependent on their parents well into their twenties.
Lastly the internet has made zoomers too self conscious and worried about image to ever risk doing anything too crazy. Cause if you do with phones today there's always the possibility of being recorded.

>> No.21826392

>>21826326
>the great recession
Most zoomers are too young to comprehend the great recession. You may as well say 9/11 caused zoomers to be risk averse.

>> No.21826469

>>21826392
>to comprehend the great recession
Just because you are too young to fully comprehend something doesnt mean it doesnt affect your thinking.
My grandparents were born in the 1930s and so were also too young to fully comprehend the great depression, but I can still see that it effected them in how insanely frugal my grandparents are.

>> No.21826563

>>21826469
Maybe. I'm among the oldest of the zoomers, born in 99. I didnt even know there was a recession when it happened. I was maybe 8 or 9 years old and in 4th and 5th grade. The core zoomers born around 2005 would have no experience of it. If they are affected by it, they're affected culturally and would havesimilar dispositions as the rest of American society.

>> No.21826614

>>21826563
Ah okay im a 2000 zoomer so I was 8 when the recession happened. I can't speak for the younger ones.

>> No.21826813
File: 593 KB, 1920x1200, 1614372554100.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21825805
I had a dream where I tried to defend my dad from a beggar who then proceeded to slice my throat. Woke up screaming