[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 71 KB, 1000x982, 2BC2AC3A-8D35-4E5D-95CE-D6889FCA07D3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21770558 No.21770558 [Reply] [Original]

Daily reminder that Shakespeare, Chaucer, Milton and virtually anyone else in the western canon will have their work revised to explicitly support a left wing, communist agenda; anyone who can’t be effectively “rehabilitated” for the cause will simply be purged. Their books will be removed from all stores, online and physical for their “racism”.

Every copy of the Folio (or any singular play therein) available for sale will be heavily edited with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion which is to say stoke the fragile egos of groups who would never bother reading Shakespeare in the first place. The “original” versions will be banned and you won’t be able to purchase them except maybe on eBay. The free domain versions available online will all be replaced by transgender moderators of said archives.

These are only the opening stages and it will get so much worse as whites begin to decline demographically. You will be replaced.

>> No.21770578

>>21770558
Chaucer is so vehemently anti-clergy he mash as well be left wing.

>> No.21770594

>>21770558
>2BC2AC3A-8D35-4E5D-95CE-D6889FCA07D3
What is the deal with these filenames? Are they bots?
Also for OP, no, wont happen, also don't care about frogposters.

>> No.21770597

>>21770594
It's the filename that Apple devices give to downloaded pictures.

>> No.21770600

cant you talk about anything else you dumb faggot?

>> No.21770616

>contemporary postmodern critical theory will last for ever
Interwebz means nothing can ever be deleted again, and demographics mean white leftists won't be an issue in a generation or two

>> No.21770647

>>21770616
Black and brown leftists are 100,000x worse than white ones.

>> No.21770659

>>21770597
>there are people on 4chan right now not running linux
God I hate newfags so much, the invention of the smartphone was the worst thing to happen in recent history

>> No.21770685

>>21770659
Sorry I enjoy video games and running software without having to get get a computer science degree

>> No.21770713

>>21770685
it's always funny to me when these linux guys seethe about apple devices being locked down but then rush out to buy a nintendo switch or whatever.

>> No.21770717

>>21770558
Correct. It's already happening. (The Aristotle Ethics at Gutenberg has been tampered with, for example.) That's why one should stockpile electronic books as well as physical ones. And if you're storing them online, encrypt them.

My WESTERN CANON project might perhaps help. The idea is to produce a book like Bloom's but actually good and accurate. My thought was, it should also be possible to bundle all the works in the reading list into a torrent or something. Not sure how big the total collection is going to be, but it shouldn't be at all unmanageable with current technology. With care we could collect good non-pozzed editions of everything.

>> No.21770729

The Scientologists engraved their holy texts on sheets of metal and buried them in a secure vault hundreds of miles beneath the earth to prevent the core texts from ever being totally destroyed or tampered with.

>> No.21770741

>>21770729
Cool story bro

>> No.21770770

>>21770729
>hundreds of miles beneath the earth
The deepest hole ever dug is some bore-hole in Russia that was started in 1970. It's about 7 miles deep, IIRC.

>> No.21770901

There’s plenty of kino which people simply don’t care about, and on account of this lack of care, shall remain largely untouched.

No one is going to modify MP shiel, no one is going to bother with Christopher smart, no one is going to bother with Michael drayton. Etc

>> No.21770937

>>21770717
>The Aristotle Ethics at Gutenberg has been tampered with, for example.
how

>> No.21770943

>>21770717
Wew, lad! This nigga took the schizo pill. Consequences not even once

>> No.21770999

>>21770558
I don’t think that outright 1984-style censorship will necessarily be that dramatically and retroactively applied to great works of literature and philosophy of the past. This is too blatant and there’d be pushback.

Sure, you might get the “trigger warnings” maybe, on certain editions, or some editors’ preface in the nature of, “Note to the reader: this work contains [wrongthink XYZ, such as homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, etc.]. However, because it is a classic work of literature/thought with vast influence on countless readers and people for centuries, we have decided to reproduce it here in full, without any emendations. The legacy of the past is not always perfect according to our modern ethical and cultural standards, but it is one we still need to understand properly so we can engage with it seriously and thoughtfully [more pontificating, etc…]”

No, in fact, the greater “book-burning” is the Brave-New-World style (metaphorical) one. Namely, just have people so distracted with easy pleasures and screen-time, as well as whatever toxic crap they put in our whatever and food, that people “naturally” read much less. Also, humanities programs in higher education, as well as even in K-12, being so stuffed full of this agenda and revisionist critique of all former literature and thought (as “founded in Western White supremacy etc…”), as a seemingly much “softer” version of Mao’s Cultural Revolution. Your hyperbolic claim is more like one of the claims made that get lots of people to automatically scoff at “conservatives,” “the far-right,” or “conspiracy theorists.”

>> No.21771020

>>21770999
>I don’t think that outright 1984-style censorship will necessarily be that dramatically and retroactively applied to great works of literature and philosophy of the past. This is too blatant and there’d be pushback.

They literally did this, people pushed back, and nothing happened. Publishers are all losing profits by releasing the same book of an obese groid female whining about how horrible racism is in USAica and they don’t sell more than like a dozen copies despite winning every pozzed accolade. It’s not about profits or “capitalism”, it’s purely ideological

>> No.21771060

>>21771020
People still own and buy physical hard-copies of books. Then, these also get recirculated back into the used-book market. They can’t “wipe it all out” without going back and confiscating or destroying everyones’ copies of these, an impractical and infeasible project, which, anyway, would require so much overt and blatant authoritarian display of force at that point that yes, by then, we would really be in the shitter, civilization-wise, facing such totalitarianism, if people weren’t pushing back against these initiatives, even violently if need be.

You don’t need to burn or even edit/censor books if you can just overall gear society in such a way that people read less and think less, unthinkingly trust mainstream narratives more, etc

However, the e-book thing actually is fucked up and could happen, has happened with Roald Dahl’s books and as you or someone claims to Aristotle’s works in at least one case >>21770717. So this may be a good point. I’m glad to have a lot of hard-copies of books.

>> No.21771107

>>21770937
Well, I noticed it when I happened to look at Book Seven, Chapter 5. In the opening paragraph, Aristotle says basically some people take pleasure in bestial things, but there are other perverse pleasures too, which you might get either from habit, or disease (mental or physical), or being abused as a child. e.g. "biting your nails, eating charcoal or earth, or sexual perversion". The 'sexual perversion' thing has been translated differently by different people. Some translators said it definitely meant homosexualty. Others said no, it was more general, or other stuff. But regardless of that, the Gutenberg edition just misses it out altogether, and that's certainly censorship.

>> No.21771207

>>21770659
LiNuX iS fReE iF yOu dOnT VaLuE yOuR tImE

>> No.21771214

>>21771207
Yes.

>> No.21771222

>>21770901
>Christopher smart
Based and Jubilate Agnopilled

>> No.21771233

>>21770659
I don't know shit about computer and I run Linux.

>> No.21771234

>>21771107
Have you bothered checking what Gutenberg's source is?

>> No.21772491

>>21770616
>sheboon niggercattle will save us
Thrilling