[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 130 KB, 1389x1261, 71Rs-mwxsrL._AC_SL1389_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21753445 No.21753445 [Reply] [Original]

I am a spiritually confused agnostic man. I am also a baptised catholic christian. I am not struggling for purpose, I am seeking light and inner peace.
After reading a few things about Christian beliefs, I'm not sure how to feel... I lack to find the moral purposes behind a lot of the writings. As much as I'm interested in getting deeper into this religion, many of the ideologies seem to be way too far out of my life and some downright unattainable. I'm a young artist surrounded by a lot of what would be considered sinful people, practicing questionable activities and pagan doings.
As religion and spirituality have always been of my interests, do you have any recommendations of books that could help me find some sort of security and peace? I'm open to everything except satanism and occult witchery, as I do not wish to associate with any type of potentially evil symbolism I do not understand. Thanks in advance.

>> No.21753804
File: 240 KB, 397x466, S M.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21753445
>I am not struggling for purpose, I am seeking light and inner peace.

You cannot obtain the one without the other; cardinal purpose implies proactivity, and supplies exactivity: the more one mediates patent darkness —having found ways to make the light enter through the shadowy folds of its latent precursor— the better one coheres in the light.

If you cannot recognize that Christianity —via Catholicism— is the one true faith, and are more in need of reminding or remodeling than replenishing or refreshing, and your intellect overponderates in talent over your ethicomorality, read more Christian/Catholical gnostic works to ease your way into the same more theistic ones; if the converse is the case, do the converse; afterward, reconcile the two through inversional practice.

>> No.21753815

>>21753445
Mere Christianity by CS Lewis

>> No.21754198
File: 79 KB, 630x400, 240415florianfricke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21753445
If you can swallow it up, you should convert to the christian cope, because the truth is harsh to accept

>> No.21754323

>>21753804
What are some Christian gnostic works you would suggest?

>>21753815
Thank you

>> No.21754354

>>21753445
Didn't read but I like that album

>> No.21755316

>>21753445
jsut become buddhist

>> No.21755348

>As much as I'm interested in getting deeper into this religion, many of the ideologies seem to be way too far out of my life and some downright unattainable.

Ideologies like what? I can't imagine one tenet of Christianity that is unattainable even if you are surrounded by sin. You just let the pagans do their thing while you do yours, it's that simple.

>I'm a young artist
Protip: religious art is an underappreciated niche. You could make a killing selling Christian manga.

>> No.21755371

>>21753445
>I am a spiritually confused agnostic man. I am also a baptised catholic christian. I am not struggling for purpose, I am seeking light and inner peace.
Try talking to your priest.

>> No.21755922
File: 1.16 MB, 906x1507, S M.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21754323
>What are some Christian gnostic works you would suggest?

In no particular order:

— "Pistis Sophia".

— The Apocryphon of John.

— "The Hypostasis of the Archons".

— "Thunder. Perfect Mind".

— The Gospel of Thomas..

>> No.21756180
File: 1.46 MB, 2289x1701, 1611312397491.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21753445
>do you have any recommendations of books that could help me find some sort of security and peace?
Unironically study NDEs and realize that there actually is an afterlife and that we are eternal and will go to heaven unconditionally when we die, and that life is like a video game or a simulation and you actually chose to come here, and that the meaning of life is to learn to love and be kind and thrive here despite how hard it is in this world. And while the Bible convinces few people who do not already believe, the book in pic related is known to convince even hardened skeptics that there is an afterlife. And the as one NDE researcher said that he does not know anyone who has read the literature on NDEs who has not been convinced by it. And YouTube is filled with NDErs and their testimonies, and there are scores of studies confirming that reading about or listening to NDEs lessens or removes the fear of death and grief.

Here is a very persuasive argument for why NDEs are real:

https://youtu.be/U00ibBGZp7o

It emphasizes that NDErs are representative of the population as a whole, and when people go deep into the NDE, they all become convinced. As this article points out:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mysteries-consciousness/202204/does-afterlife-obviously-exist

>"Among those with the deepest experiences 100 percent came away agreeing with the statement, "An afterlife definitely exists"."

Since NDErs are representative of the population as a whole, and they are all convinced, then 100% of the population become convinced that there is an afterlife when they have a sufficiently deep NDE themselves. When you dream and wake up, you instantly realize that life is more real than your dreams. When you have an NDE, the same thing is happening, but on a higher level, as you immediately realize that life is the deep dream and the NDE world is the undeniably real world by comparison.

Or as one person quoted in pic related summarized their NDE:

>"As my soul left my body, I found myself floating in a swirling ocean of multi-colored light. At the end, I could see and feel an even brighter light pulling me toward it, and as it shined on me, I felt indescribable happiness. I remembered everything about eternity - knowing, that we had always existed, and that all of us are family. Then old friends and loved ones surrounded me, and I knew without a doubt I was home, and that I was so loved."

Needless to say, even ultraskeptical neuroscientists are convinced by really deep NDEs.

So if you want spiritual security and peace, then dive deep into the literature on NDEs.