[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 249 KB, 624x434, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21726921 No.21726921 [Reply] [Original]

Considering philosophy is not "solved" by any stretch of the imagination, then there is no point studying what philosophers from the past or present because it all made up anyways.
Like I could make my own philosophy right now and it would be as valid as anything Plato, Hegel or Nietzsche have come up with because it is all subjective anyways.

>> No.21726924

>>21726921
You have already adopted a metaphilosophical premise. You already lost.

>> No.21726926

>>21726924
Yes but it is my own. I didn't have to read anyone.

>> No.21726945

>>21726921
>Considering philosophy is not "solved" by any stretch of the imagination
Oh, you mean solved in the same way a mathematical theorem is solved? It's almost as if the answers philosophy tries to get bear no resemblance to a mathematical theorem...

>>21726926
>it is my own
Wrong, you implicitly absorbed Western Platonic concepts. Your smart little post wouldn't make any sense to an Easterner.

>> No.21726961

>>21726945
>It's almost as if the answers philosophy tries to get bear no resemblance to a mathematical theorem...
But then there is no definitive answer so what good does it make to learn countless half-truths?

>Your smart little post wouldn't make any sense to an Easterner.
It isn't really that complicated. Just create your own vision of the world as you go on life, no need to read another's.

>> No.21727077

>>21726961
>But then there is no definitive answer
Depends on your definition of definite, which for you is clearly just a dogmatic post-Enlightenment one.

>It isn't really that complicated. Just create your own vision of the world as you go on life, no need to read another's.
Okay, and? To anyone with a basic philosophical education it's obvious how distinctly Western (and unoriginal) your ideas are. From a psychological perspective you're a very crude little person and I would rather kill myself than follow your 'philosophy' over Plato's, that is a great thinker, or any definite traditional truth.

>> No.21727110

>>21727077
Nobody is asking you to follow my philosophy as it would be something reserved to myself. Also I don't get why it should be original as if that would make it inherently better. And I'm not crude.

>> No.21727142

>>21726921
"A philosophy", as in a world view, is only one of the multiple usage of the term 'philosophy'. Some philosophy readers (at least, that's how I see myself) does not study philosophy purely in order to "find the right philosophy", but rather as the study of the development of fundamental thought both structurally and historically.

>> No.21727202

>>21726921
If you make up whatever you want then you're equal to theologians, philosophers, etc., but none of you can build a table.

Cato.