[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 799 KB, 1920x1080, gvuohb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21712731 No.21712731 [Reply] [Original]

3 questions
Why didn't Tolkien made the Balrog as badass in the book as it was in the movie? I'm fairly sure he revised his idea at this point that they weren't an army once and instead divine semigods.

2. Did they really journey for 4 days? it seems more like 1.5 days in fellowship

3. Why were they so shocked to find Balin's tomb after lighting up an entire blacked out hall spanning infinite depths and nobody encountering, not one dwarf. Not to mention Aready k nowing that orcs/goblins infiltrated the premises.

>> No.21712771
File: 436 KB, 1542x2048, 20230213_003316.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21712731
probably cuz tolkien isnt a gaygay silly billy fanboy like OP

>> No.21713002

>>21712771
sw t f??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

>> No.21713328

>>21712731
why is lit so fuckoing devoid of decent anons
why am i supposed to go to -tv- to find accurate lore about the lotr books

>> No.21713523

>>21712731
>Why didn't Tolkien made the Balrog as badass in the book as it was in the movie?
Tolkien's magic and fantasy was more subtle than people expect from a big film.
>Did they really journey for 4 days? it seems more like 1.5 days in fellowship
Haven't read it lately so I don't really get what you mean. If you just mean why it's not dragged out to feel like four days it's probably because there's no need for him to write anything for uneventful time

Don't know about the other question

>> No.21713883

>>21712731
>Did they really journey for 4 days?

I'm not sure about how long they went through Moria, but I'm aware that Tolkien was really specific on the time it took Frodo and Sam to destroy the ring. The Fellowship itself left Rivendell on December 25th (obviously Christ's birth,) and ended at March 25th, (which has special religious significance in Christianity as it is considered as it was thought of being day of Christ's crucifixion during Medieval times, among other things.) No matter how many days it took, Tolkien must have been very specific about it.