[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 310 KB, 1920x1040, vigil.1984.1080p.bluray.x264-spooks.mkv_snapshot_00.09.04_[2020.03.05_20.53.06].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21580579 No.21580579 [Reply] [Original]

had an insightful little mushroom trip yesterday sort of analysing our current society and the 'system' that has parasitically taken over almost every aspect of our life. most people would call it "capitalism" but 'the system', or something inhuman and dirty and devilish like "gork" seemed more fitting to me yesterday with psilocybin swirling around in my brain. it's on a path to the complete destruction of the human soul i believe. and in my trip i felt such a sense of catastrophic and soulending hopelessness, i have absolutely 0 power to fight it. capitalism or gork or the system, whatever you want to call it is so all encompassing and smart and ever evolving that it when you sit down and think about it you just become hopeless, like a rat stuck in a maze, an amoeba in a giant petridish. and i get a similar sense when i look around at other people my age, fellow students, half of them on SSRI's, young adults on tiktok breaking down struggling to make ends meet, trying to live. i find it absolutely terrible to be honest with you.

maybe i've got too fatalistic of a view on the thing.. there's still happiness abound and some people are genuinely happy and find fulfillment in their lives, and i do too regularly, but i see so much strife and despair aswell. people are so divided, 'mental illness' everywhere, everybody at home, hedonism abound, children being raised on pure drivel of entertainment and having no sense of curiosity anymore, culture, in the sense of art and soul fulfilling expression, feels completely dead to me, no sense of community anywhere, everything merchandised and repackaged and branded, microplastics in our blood, i mean all the usual fucking shit we've all gotten used to, but at some point you gotta go "whoa, hold up" you know?

i read that motherfucker ted's manifesto today. pretty incredible read. the power process and the 'surrogate activity' ideas are something i relate to, and i believe are helpful ways to improve myself. his description of 'leftists' feels prescient. his ideas about revolting against the system, however, in ano domini 2023 feel all but hopeless, sending a couple more letters isn't gonna do shit. fucking nick land has his ideas about the system which are interesting, but not very soul appeasing.

so maybe everybody knows all this shit already and this is boring but whatever, i'm trying to educate myself more. i'm gonna read manufacturing consent next i think. i'm making this thread to ramble, but also get some recommendations that will teach me more about this hell of a society we live in. and maybe some forums or communities where some of these topics are discussed, little bastions of thought (in real life it's impossible to bring this up with anybody and the internet is practically dead, division is on the system's greatest weapons i believe) i thought 4chan was one of these bastions, but it's becoming less and less so, sadly.
thank you

>> No.21580591

id also like to request a meme i've seen on here that i was reminded of yesterday it's this 4 panel schizo ragecomic with trollfaces with demonic text like "the devil is locked away, develop ways of seeing without eyes, develop ways of listening without ears" and it was pretty much about the 'system' as an idea. if anybody has it i would greatly appreciate it, thank you

>> No.21580595 [DELETED] 

way too long no way in hell i'm reading that, buuut when i was like 18 i was tripping on shrooms while my friend drove us around late night new england and the pink floyd song welcome to the machine came on the radio, oh shit, that was a really depressing anti-industrial trip, for sure. of course, my dad worked in a factory and i had no education at the time, so it seemed i was destined for factory work, and you may have noticed the soviet union was filled with factories, so clearly communism is not the answer to that. the actual answer to turned out to be going to college and getting a job i enjoy and limiting my use of mind altering drugs. try it.

>> No.21580602

>>21580579
A good name for 'gork' is Leviathan.

>> No.21580606

>>21580595
can i ask what your job is now?

>> No.21580617

maybe read jacques ellul's book 'propaganda' and 'the industrial society'

>> No.21580620

>>21580595
>it seemed i was destined for factory work, and you may have noticed the soviet union was filled with factories, so clearly communism is not the answer to that
Giant fucking brain moment

>> No.21580637

>>21580617
i'd recommend you read 'propaganda' first

it's also worth mentioning that ted k got his ideas, from that i can tell, mostly from jacques ellul and that he's mostly just reiterating them and providing the 'solution'

i don't, however, however think this is the path you should go down. read these books, yes, but make an attempt to understand the world on a more philosophically whole perspective.

>> No.21580641

Usury

>> No.21580742

i like the idea of it not having a name, it's like that lil ugly mane line
"If there's a god, I'm sure his name is unpronounceable"
whatever this thing is it's not gonna have any name pronouncable by humans
blalglghmgmmgmhmamgmh

>> No.21580745
File: 10 KB, 538x87, Malcolm X.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21580579
You're not boring whatsoever anon. I know just how you are feeling, where you see something that is so much deeper than anyone around you can fathom, yet when you put it into words it just comes out like "le system is bad". Its right in front of all our faces yet it takes a drug like mushrooms to make you actually see it.
The reason it sounds so boring or obvious to state that this system is so bad, is because everyone around you is asleep. Their eyes are open, but they are not awake. They exist in a dreamy haze of man made society, living for artificial dopamine hits, and many of them are impossible to wake up. The NPC meme is not far from the truth, and like in that movie the Matrix, many of them will become hostile and fight you when you expose to them just how big of a lie this society is. To the NPC, exposing the lie of society shows them that their identity is fake, and that they have done their whole life wrong. The NPC cannot handle the chaos from being awakened, and therefore I advise you to stay clear of those true NPCs.
Probably 97-99% of people around us are complete dead ends, if you are looking to change things. Changing the opinions of NPCSand showing them a better path is too time consuming for those of us who are awake. We have precious time, and there are very few of us, which is why you need to look for the Nietzschean Ubermensch around you in your environment, be it University, Work, or whatever. They can be anyone, and these Ubermensch have the ability to save the world due to their high Thumos and will to life. These people have influence, and power, and what they think, say, and do is what decides the course of the rest of the people around them, who follow the alpha so to speak.

Everything you felt on your trip is true. We are at war for the soul of humanity, and time is of utmost importance. Use your youth and your health while you still have it and wake up as many people as you can. Its not an over exaggeration to say that the fate of our species is at stake and that the world could become consumed by rootless mutts, by which stage I would consider humanity dead.

>> No.21580915

Leviathan and its Enemies
On Power

>> No.21580999

>>21580637
>>21580617
thank you for the recs
do you mean grasping the 'bigger picture' and not just society? philosophically whole perspective seems like a good route to go on later, right now i find it hard to reconcile any greater truth with this huge monstrosity staring me in the face every day.
>>21580745
thank you for the understanding and compassion, very nice quote, my friend

i'm okay with everybody being sheep, i'm okay with not everybody understanding these things. i just have a hard time coming to terms with the unenduring helplesness of it. you can talk and understand all you want, you can listen and try to help people as much as you want, you can try to fight the Leviathan as much as you want, send as many bomb letters as you want, but nothing will be able to fix it. the system has meticulously and very subtly made everybody enemies of eachother. i really believe there's widespread division in our society at such a deep level that it's hard to even put into words. a complete and utter disconnection with other human beings, utter disconnection with nature and as a result, disconnection with oneself.

10 years ago things didn't feel as bad, maybe this is partly me becoming disenchanted with the world in my growing up. maybe it's not though, has humanity as a species ever suffered as much despair and loneliness at any point in our history? LSD was the drug of the 60s, cocaine of the 90s, 2020s its fucking SSRI's, i mean when you go into the streets and you hear children talk about mark zuckerberg or andrew tate or bill gates, these are not the people that should be the role models of our society, these should not be the shamans of our tribe. capital gain and a lust for growth has parasitcally implanted itself into so many different parts of our society and culture that it is absolutely soul crushing. i thought recently "damn whens the last time you saw news about astronauts" you don't hear about it anymore, sense of exploration has been completely destroyed. which kid in any classroom on earth right now wants to be an astronaut? how many kids are going out fighting the system? nobody even tries anymore, you only have faux-counter culture in the form of marxists or whatever who own macbooks and are unknowingly or not, just as much a part of the system. there's no real rebellion anymore, there's just hatred and rebellion against other human beings. i don't know, things just seem bleak at the moment, and it doesn't seem like things are going to change anytime soon.

this issue is so bleak that it seems even intelligent, young, strong individuals are just going "aaah, fuck it, might aswell stay in my room and make art or something" the people who are supposed to be radical and smart realize that it's not something that can be fought and are just laying down the sword. then you have people like nick land who have really delved into the issue and that guy decide to move to china to full envelop himself in the system, can't beat it, might asw

>> No.21581019

>execute jewish bankers
>capitalism starts failing
Man that was hard

>> No.21581041 [DELETED] 
File: 322 KB, 700x961, butisol-1969.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21580999
>LSD was the drug of the 60s
valium was the drug of the 60s. i kinda feel like it isn't worth posting on /lit/ anymore. it's mostly people out to indulge their moral impulses and grind ideological hobbyhorses.

>> No.21581115

>>21581041
shit man i'm rambling, you can ramble too, it's a free website, i said lsd was the drug of the 60s because i believe culturally and societally speaking it had more influence than other drugs. however, i didn't know benzos were such a big thing in the 60s, you can tell me more about it if you want, don't stop posting man

>> No.21581199

>>21580999
>do you mean grasping the 'bigger picture' and not just society? philosophically whole perspective seems like a good route to go on later, right now i find it hard to reconcile any greater truth with this huge monstrosity staring me in the face every day.
if you want to study sociology, go ahead. i'm saying that these things have premises which aren't necessarily explored in sociology. identifying and understanding the roots of your subject will leave you better equip to delve into the details of it

>> No.21582217

>>21580579
Based awakener.
Dont worry and do not fall into despair.
Act, in whatever small way you can, act! The warrior who can fight to the absolute extent of his potential abilities even when the odds are completely hopeless and defeat is sure has overcome the very notion of defeat.
Also check out Evola.

>> No.21582234
File: 83 KB, 600x673, 123.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21580579
Pic related is Ted K.'s entire argument. This is his premise on "surrogate activities". If that falls, most of his overall argument does too.

I like surrogate activities. I like reading literature, poetry, and playing the cello. I like it much more than I would like to hunt for deer 24/7 and die from pneumonia in the winter.
And with that, Ted K. can fuck off.

>> No.21582240

>>21580579
Read Rothbard.

>> No.21582243

>>21582234
Based fatty

>> No.21582250

>>21580579
all the answers are here

https://esotericawakening.com

>> No.21582251

Peter Dale Scott on the deep state

Christopher Lasch, The Revolt of the Elites

Carroll Quigley, The Anglo-American Establishment / Tragedy & Hope (https://thirdworldtraveler.com/Banks/Tragedy_Hope_excerpt.html))

Samuel Francis, Leviathan and Its Enemies

Martin A. Lee, The Beast Reawakens

Frances Stoner Saunders

>> No.21582252
File: 1.30 MB, 1625x2560, SCP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21580579
>capitalism or gork or the system
It's called ZOG btw, read mein kampf and siege unironically
https://ugetube.com/watch/siege-audiobook-james-mason_phYiESiXhsGOfAR.html

>> No.21582257

>>21582234
It doesn't spell the end of his critique of industrial society.
He also expresses "concern" for the nature of society to grow exponentially, and the dangers that new technologies pose to human life. However, if you really don't care about living a meaningless life, Kaczynski already knows:
>41. For many if not most people, surrogate activities are less satisfying than the pursuit of real goals (that is, goals that people would want to attain even if their need for the power process were already fulfilled). ...
>42. Autonomy as a part of the power process may not be necessary for every individual. ...
But that's not to address the fact that surrogate activities may include poetry, but they may also not. A surrogate activity is something one does merely because they need to keep themselves busy or "meaningful", but it is possible that poetry can be used in a manner consistent with 'real goals'; for example, love, and interpersonal connection, and transferral of knowledge and emotion are real goals, and poetry can facilitate that.
Additionally, surrogate activities are NOT unique to industrial society, they merely become the single and only things that one can pursue as a leisured first worlder.

>> No.21582267

>>21582251
these books are garbage, if it doesnt name the jew the message isnt true

>> No.21582268
File: 1.30 MB, 979x4176, worldsmisfortunes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.21582278
File: 2.63 MB, 2430x672, Vernon Chatman Best Shows.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21582267
You can recognize (((them))) by their works, and judge them by (((their fruits))).
>>21580579
If you feel down reading these, you can watch either or both of these shows to cheer you up.
They're a couple of my very favorites.

>> No.21582414

>>21582257
1/2
It is so profoundly disingenious that he just handwaves "autonomy" to mean "wanting to live on a hut in complete self-sufficiency and die at the first opportunist infection because you can't create antibiotics yourself".
Again, it boils down to "stop liking what I don't like".

Apart from that, you answer is kind of revealing. You consider art to not be a real "goal", only useful for what you call "real goals" - which you seemingly don't even believe in yourself - why the scare quotes? Why do you, or Ted get to decide what real goals are, and impose this decision on people who disagree with you? Again, it boils down to "stop liking what I don't like". I am not being facetious in my first post - that god damned meme pic kills his entire shtick no matter how you spin it and it is amazing.

But since your response is bright enough to warrant more than tongue-in-cheek belligerence, and is moving towards what I think is crucial in this discussion, I think that the most revealing thing about Ted K.'s discussion of surrogate activities is that he widely denies things to be ends-in-themselves - such as, for instance, playing the cello, reading poetry and literature, or numerous other activities. He considers them surrogate activities because they are meaningless filler to detract from the, in his eyes, horror of not being capable of fulfilling the power process in a "natural" way - i.e., to the best of my interpretative abilities, sheer, primitive survival - the only end worth pursuing for Ted.

This is fatal for his thought. He is stuck in the means-ends reasoning of modernity. Reading rigorous philosophical analyses of technological encroachment, such as those by Adorno (or Heidegger who says much the same thing, if you have retarded gripes about Adorno), I think it is very convincingly demonstrated that the problem with technology is the way it colonizes minds to only accept means-ends reasoning, without ever reflecting on what ends are chosen, or whether there might be such a thing as an end-in-itself (by the way, this is the exact reason why the caricature of a STEM bugman cannot appreciate art - he is incapable of seeing art as an end-in-itself).

>> No.21582417

>>21582414
2/2
This is the true danger of technology, and Kazcynski does not escape it - he REITERATES IT, but in an even more radical way. He lets means-ends reasoning be the end-all and be-all of human thought and spirit, but he arbitrarily circumscribes the "end" to be mere survival. That he has the gall to speak of "autonomy" (in a perverted, modern american sense, very far from the enlightenment ethos from which it arose) after reducing humans to Skinner-like-behaviorist animals with a singular function and purpose (defined by Ted) is outrageous.

So no - playing the cello is an end-in-itself, not to seduce and reproduce, not to "communicate", not to make money, not to this or that. It is without any further purpose. It is not done for anything except itself. And that does not detract from it and turn it into a mere surrogate - on the contrary, that is the mark of its excellence, of its distinctly human character.

That is not to say that technological society is not a menace and an enemy - I agree. I just think Ted's approach to it is so profoundly flawed that I find it worthless, and everything he had to say was said better by Heidegger and Adorno. The only reason they are less popular than Ted in fringe places like this is that they weren't edgy enough to send letter bombs or "own the libs".

>> No.21582474

>>21582414
>It is so profoundly disingenious that he just handwaves "autonomy" to mean "wanting to live on a hut in complete self-sufficiency and die at the first opportunist infection because you can't create antibiotics yourself".
That's not his definition of autonomy. If you want to play the cello, great. If someone watches over your shoulder and demands that you play only certain music at certain times, or only in designated cello venues, then you do not have autonomy or freedom in cello playing. His definition of autonomy is being able to pursue your goals in a meaningful way, where your actions matter in the pursuit of those goals. Read the chapter titled 'Autonomy', or paragraph 42 of ISaiF.
>Apart from that, you answer is kind of revealing. You consider art to not be a real "goal", only useful for what you call "real goals" - which you seemingly don't even believe in yourself - why the scare quotes? Why do you, or Ted get to decide what real goals are, and impose this decision on people who disagree with you?
A real goal is anything you would still want to do if you had to contend with survival. If you would still want to play the cello, read poetry, or write when you have to contend with your basic needs, then it is real- not merely busywork.
>He considers them surrogate activities because they are meaningless filler to detract from the, in his eyes, horror of not being capable of fulfilling the power process in a "natural" way - i.e., to the best of my interpretative abilities, sheer, primitive survival - the only end worth pursuing for Ted.
You actually demonstrate a profound lack of understanding for Kaczynski's opposition to industrial society. You believe that he thinks the end goal of life is to survive- that's not it at all. He believes three things:
>1. That industrial society ITSELF is dangerous IN AND OF ITSELF
>2. That industrial society is incompatible with human psychology without causing high degrees of suffering that must be fought with increasingly intrusive psychological and medicinal practices.
>3. That even if humans are successfully engineered to be entirely compatible with industrial society such that they no longer experience any psychological suffering from industrial lifestyles, that it would be degrading, inhuman, and unacceptable.
> he is incapable of seeing art as an end-in-itself
Kaczynski doesn't care what your goals are. Kaczynski's belief is that many people do not have goals that they actually desire to pursue; only ones that they create for themselves in the absence of anything meaningful as way to alleviate psychological suffering associated with industrial society, or to engage in a simulacrum of autonomy. If you want to play the cello or read poetry at the expense of your own survival- great! There's nothing wrong with that, and that is your REAL goal- it is the same as someone sacrificing their own life to save their child- that was their REAL goal.

>> No.21582556

>>21580579
just read marx and put down the kascynski schizo slop retard

>> No.21582561

>>21580579
you can get all your answers if you stop listening to /pol/ retards and listen to the marxists

>> No.21582584

>>21580579
You might dislike this answer but the analysis is found in Marx, Engels, Lenin and maybe contemporaries like Michael Hudson.
>and maybe some forums or communities where some of these topics are discussed, little bastions of thought
INFRARED, their discord and telegram are filled with interesting people

>> No.21582636

>>21582584
>>21582561
>>21582556
No, Marx doesn't. I'm going to point out the three most glaring issues and differences, and the reason that although Kaczynski was initially sympathetic to Marxism, he ultimately decided it was the same system:
>1. Marxism does not address the advancement of technology.
Technological development is dangerous on its own. Even careful, well planned developments cannot account for the full range of its effects, and the lack of capitalism will not stop the bourgeois from seeking to develop new technologies to further "improve" living conditions. In a very simple example, akin to persistent pharmaceutical and microplastic contaminationn imagine the proletariat discovers a highly effective drug to cure aging. Because they aren't dirty capitalists, they don't release it immediately for profit but test it thoroughly in a lab for decades to ensure that it's safe. Lo and behold, it is! The proletariat found no negative effects and an end and slight reversal to aging. Furthermore, the drug decays in the environment into harmless water, carbon, and nitrogen.
They release the drug and everyone is happy- until 40 years later, when the children of those who were tested on in the initial lab experiments show an extreme decay in cognitive function. The proletariat is not concerned with profit! They immediately withdraw all of the drugs and begin investigations.
Long story short, the drug causes the development of prions in neo-natal cells that develop slowly over the course of decades. The mothers in the lab experiments did not show signs because it didn't effect them, and their children didn't for the decade of experiments becauee the prion didn't have enough time to develop.
By this time, it's too late. The prion spreads rapidly and persists in the water and enviromment for hundreds of years. Entire cities are contaminated with an unstoppable protein that will guarantee extinction within three generations. They couldn't have predicted this.
The tale is dramatic, but similar (albiet not as drastic) developments have taken place. No matter how responsible humans try to be, any new development could lead to an irreversible apocalypse.
>2.

>> No.21582641

>>21580579
read Hegel

>> No.21582643

>>21582556
>>21582561
>>21582584
>>21582636
Getting tired ofnphoneposting, will write the rest later

>> No.21582659

read Society of Spectacle or watchi it on youtube

>> No.21582679

>>21582636
>marxism does not address the advancement of technology

what about historical materialism

>> No.21582688

>>21582679
Marx has commentary on it, but he has no solution because he doesn't see it as an issue. That's why Marxism is at odds with Kaczynski's anti-industrialism.

>> No.21582726

>>21582474
>A real goal is anything you would still want to do if you had to contend with survival.
Uh-huh, and I disagree, and furthermore, believe that this move ensures that the only real goal that can de facto be pursued is survival since thisi s the precondition of everything else and biologically imperative (but NOT, for this reason, the highest, most noble, or most worthwhile goal), hence, the characterization of that being the only goal in his thought - the only substantial one at any rate, as it will leave very little room for anything else. While that may not be his intention, I do not find it implausible or dishonest to argue that that will be the consequence. In Kaczynski's ideal world, there is no Notre Dame, no fugas by Bach, no Don Quijote and no Shakespeare. All of these are purely superfluous expressions of excess. In my eyes, this is precisely why they are so wonderful, in Ted's, precisely why they are so degenerate, but I do not intend to stop liking what he does not like.

I would likely not play the cello if I had to contend for survival. It is an activity of pure excess and superfluousness, a pure surogate in Ted's mind, but I do not believe that it detracts from it at all. That it is an end-in-itself is precisely why it is so valuable.

You more or less quote the part of Kaczynski that illustrates my point:
>industrial society is incompatible with human psychology without causing high degrees of suffering
"To Ted and to some of his ilk" would be the correct way to end that sentence.
And the normative work this statement about suffering is supposed to do precludes Ted from arguing in favor of his visions, as the primitivist society he envisions would surely lead to even more abject suffering, this time around just due to preventable, painful death and pain, rather than the ennui of modernity.
I still find him incoherent. What value can be gleaned from his thought was found more rigorously by Adorno and Heidegger.

>> No.21582731

>>21582636
Kinda infantile, "oh no, the environment is getting polluted, I wish we never invented technology"

>> No.21582736

I appreciate and recognize your efforts at objective non-categorization

>> No.21582783

>>21582726
>In Kaczynski's ideal world, there is no Notre Dame, no fugas by Bach, no Don Quijote and no Shakespeare.
Those have nothing to do with industrial society. You just have some sort of ulterior motive or extreme emotional hang-up that's preventing you from seeing objectively. I don't know what that is, though.

>> No.21582801

>>21580579
You're just a loser. There is no problem with the system. I bet you're unvaxxer right-wing conspiracy theorist, pathetic.

>> No.21582809

>>21582801
Here is a prime specimen, unwittingly enforcing the ideals of the system.

>> No.21582879

>>21582809
I don't care what Republicans say.

>> No.21582972

>>21582783
They certainly do. Each and every one of those is predicated upon developments in technology that allowed humans to easily pursue other things than their immediate survival, that they would not have had the time, energy or resources to do, had they not already ensured their survival.
By the definition already presented in the thread, these are not "real" goals, all of them are surrogate activities.

>> No.21583029

>>21582783
>You just have some sort of ulterior motive or extreme emotional hang-up that's preventing you from seeing objectively.
Damn son you got owned
you can't retort and just have to resort to saying that the person you're disagreeing with is mentally ill in some way
Ted K BTFO

>> No.21583040

>>21583029
Why keep refuting someone that doesn't even understand what he's talking about? He'll have me copy-pasting every line in K's manifesto and still forget it.

>> No.21583061

>>21582801
>>21582879
it's a little bit low iq to play that trick tbqh.

>> No.21583091

>>21583040
he did a fairly good job coming up with reasonable arguments against Ted's reductive primitivism and did not resort to defending industrial society's dehumanization techniques.
he's just pointing out the most basic flaw with ted's autistic anti-tech ideology, which is that, under the best of conditions, we can use industrial tech to provide us with the resources we need without dehumanizing us so that we can pursue activities which are meaningful and not related to our immediate bodily material survival, such as playing the cello or other "surrogate" activities. You couldn't respond to this and just tried to say that playing the cello is meaningless because it is not a goal ultimately related to survival. This is obviously not true though, because once the survival of the body is ensured you need to focus on the survival of the spirit, and successful artistic expression would be a part of the power process of the soul. Obviously you can make counter arguments to this, but that would involve being creative and not being a parrot for Ted's thought, since Ted doesn't really respond to this idea except for saying that industrial society's ultimate teleology is total dehumanization a la Brave New World. What I and that other poster are asking you to do is come up with an argument that doesn't rely on parroting Ted and doesn't arbitrarily shut down the conversation by saying that industrial society will ultimately dehumanize everyone and preclude something like a power process of the soul.

>> No.21583127

>>21582801
how can an intelligent human being who found his way to this place actually type the words "there is no problem with the system" if you're a real human being, i have enormous pity and sympathy for you. this is exactly what i mean when i say division is one of the systems greatest weapons. it has set human beings against human beings in a myriad of subtle and unloving ways. i'm not saying you should love everybody and can't make shitposts on the internet, but this post is indicative of a larger trend of hatemongering and pure division. left vs right, vax vs antivax, marxism vs capitalism, immigration, abortion, myriad of little petty squables that really are completely meaningless but people cling to it because they've become so engrained in the system (the people). there's almost no room for silly goofy shit on the internet anymore, every single place on the internet is either purely profit driven soulless gunk or petty squables. the internet is dead though, we know that, what i'm more interested in is real life. there is dvision there too, complete erosion of community. i think homogeneity of our society thanks to immigration plays a big part. endless streams of entertainment and parasocial relationships also play a big part. i look around at people my age and i see loneliness, people wanting to bond with other people, but there being something in the way, something invisible blocking people from bonding. i see a subtle distrust towards other people in my peers, and it's terrible to see. i remember a statistic that went along the lines of "20 years ago people had 5 close friends, now that number is 0" the numbers are off cause i can't remember, but it sorta proves my point and my instincts tell me that it's right. culturally we are extremely divided, when's the last time people bonded over a movie like Lord of the rings, that shit was EVERYWHERE, it sort of binded us as a society, there was a sense of culturally being bounded to other people because you watched the same stuff and had a sense of togetherness with them. nowadays nothing binds us anymore, everybody is trapped in their own algorithmic bubble of entertainment and it seperates us culturally. and if we're seperated culturally, what else do we have?
>>21582659
thank you, heard about this before, will read
>>21582251
thanks for compiling this stuff, really interested in Leviathan and its enemies, all this stuffs going on my to read list
>>21582736
i appreciate YOU man, feels nice to hear this
>>21582278
yeeaaah i've been wanting to watch the shivering truth, and xavier renegade is the good shit, thanks :)
>>21582250
Giant Humanoids with 6 Fingers and 6 Toes found :OOOOO wowie

>> No.21583151

>>21583091
>he's just pointing out the most basic flaw with ted's autistic anti-tech ideology, which is that, under the best of conditions, we can use industrial tech to provide us with the resources we need without dehumanizing us
I'm humoring you far more than any sane man would, but this line alone is enough to demonstrate that you don't even understand the argument. It is not possible for industrial society to "provide resources" without dehumanization. Do you know how humans are dehumanized? Do you think it is merely because we aren't forced to work for survival merely?
Dehumanization in industrial society revolves around the devaluation and marginalization of the industrial relative to large organizations and society as a whole. Whether you have the autonomy to bang funko-pops together is irrelevant. In this massive global industrial complex, the individual has effectively no power, influence, or autonomy. How? All of your actions and nearly everything that happens to you is dictated by events entirely outside of your control. Are you a wage worker? Your livelihood depends on semiconductors from Taiwan, plastics from China, oil from Iran, corn from Ukraine, and so on. A small bureaucratic decision in China could result in your starvation. A minor technological development in Bangladesh could make you irrelevant. A cloud of air balloons could cause global thermonuclear war and vaporize you instantly.

You can say that humans in the past were subject to events outside of their control, and that is true- but humans today are subject to those very same events, yet they are also subject to much more. Corrupt monarchies in the past were frequent, but they could not project their laws across their realm, monitor civilians at all hours of day, send knights to a tiny mountain village within a matter of hours, or drone strike a target hiding in a desert cave. The amount of marginalization of individuals and small groups is so staggering that for the most part they are irrelevant. Humans are replaceable parts in a machine.

Everyone is replaceable. World leaders, politicians, bureaucrats, CEOs, shareholders, generals, each of them ultimately meaningless entirely replaceable in a society that is so complex that its development cannot be altered or predicted by any person on Earth. Humans are no longer relevant at all.

>> No.21583175

>>21583091
>>21583151
The utter irrelevance of the individual human is staggering and nigh-inexpressible, but human beings as a collective are reaching their own irrelevance. Society is a system that does not develop according to human desire, will, or need. It develops according to mathematical rules. Society's sole function is growth. Any technological development that increases the rate of Industrial Society's growth will continue this trend, and anywhere on the planet that violates society's isomorphic form will be out competed, out grown, and eventually engulfed by the areas which do. It is not implausible that a technology will be developed that makes all human labor irrelevant, and again, AI may cause human thought to become irrelevant.
When such a time comes, society will no longer require humans for any function whatsoever. At that point, the small locations where society has "transcended" the requirement to support human matter will outgrow those that do, and the areas where humans reduce the efficiency of the system will not be able to compete. Humans will simply dwindle out of existence as they are replaced by more efficient means of labor and problem solving.

That is a best case scenario. You think that humans will be able to use policy to prevent that? No. Those nations which do not care will be at an economic advantage to those that do, and they will by sheer force of growth overcome those that do. Human beings are already dehumanized, but they can and will lose so much more.

>> No.21583193

>>21582726
>In Kaczynski's ideal world, there is no Notre Dame, no fugas by Bach, no Don Quijote and no Shakespeare

These things precede Industrial Society.

>> No.21583197

>>21580579
stupid hippie

>> No.21583213
File: 164 KB, 1080x811, 98763455-BB5F-479B-8D1B-07D79370123C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21580591

>> No.21583228

>>21583175
>>21583151
While I sincerely appreciate the effort you took in writing this, you're basically just saying, again, that industrial society's ultimate teleology is total dehumanization. You don't have evidence to support this. This is absolutely no different than a marxist saying that because workers have a tendency to demand rights over time that capitalism ultimately results in a communist revolution.
>>21583175
>Society is a system that does not develop according to human desire, will, or need. It develops according to mathematical rules
What mathematical rules prove that humanity will be driven extinct by technology? I want to see these theorems and proofs you speak of.
>>21583175
>AI may cause human thought to become irrelevant.
Don't believe everything those AI cultists say. AI can only regurgitate something another human being has said or regurgitate art another human being has made. Artificial consciousness comparable to a human's will only be made in the short term if at all by accident.
>>21583175
>Society's sole function is growth
There have been countless technological societies in the past who were not focused on growth. Furthermore, technologies could be developed that make growth difficult or impossible (outside of soft power), nuclear weapons for example.
>>21583175
>Humans will simply dwindle out of existence as they are replaced by more efficient means of labor and problem solving.
Honestly, if humans fail in the evolutionary playing field to a superior adversary, I'm okay with that. We don't deserve to live if we can't ensure our own survival. I wouldn't want this to happen and also don't think it will though. Humanity has been on the brink of destruction countless times and while there has been massive death sections of the population pass through the evolutionary filter successfully and the species survives. >>21583151
>Whether you have the autonomy to bang funko-pops together is irrelevant
Did you just get done playing Cruelty Squad or something?
If anyone is being dishonest here its you, since you're just reducing my and the other posters argument to a ridiculous caricature to try and ignore its relevance.

>> No.21583267
File: 383 KB, 1175x790, Screenshot_20230128-114416_OneDrive.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21580579
Gravity's Rainbow

>> No.21583288

>>21583228
>you're basically just saying, again, that industrial society's ultimate teleology is total dehumanization. You don't have evidence to support this.
I don't need evidence to support it, and I'm not saying the point of society is dehumanization. Humans are irrelevant. Society is an entity that is separate from the humans that make it up.
>This is absolutely no different than a marxist saying that because workers have a tendency to demand rights over time that capitalism ultimately results in a communist revolution.
The observation that efficient systems tend to out compete inefficient ones requires no sociological guesswork.
>Don't believe everything those AI cultists say. AI can only regurgitate something another human being has said or regurgitate art another human being has made. Artificial consciousness comparable to a human's will only be made in the short term if at all by accident.
Whether AI is conscious or not doesn't matter. It is possible and plausible for AI to reach the point that it is more efficient than humans at solving problems, and once that point is reached human thought will become irrelevant. Any country or organization that employs AI will be strictly more efficient than those that do not, and if others do not adopt AI for problem solving, the ones that do will engulf them. This is not a LE SKYNET BAD prediction, this is just a simple observation. Humans will become irrelevant.
>There have been countless technological societies in the past who were not focused on growth. Furthermore, technologies could be developed that make growth difficult or impossible (outside of soft power), nuclear weapons for example.
That is not a refutation of society's sole function. Actually, it was stupid of you to say. The ones that were not focused on growth were out competed and no longer exist- and the ones today that are stagnating are undergoing intense economic difficulties while those that are rapidly growing will soon overtake them. Nuclear weapons also haven't reduced or stifled growth- if anything, they've increased stability, at the expense of giving rise to the possibility that humans may simply disappear one day.
>Honestly, if humans fail in the evolutionary playing field to a superior adversary, I'm okay with that. We don't deserve to live if we can't ensure our own survival. I wouldn't want this to happen and also don't think it will though. Humanity has been on the brink of destruction countless times and while there has been massive death sections of the population pass through the evolutionary filter successfully and the species survives.
And this strengthens my point.
>What mathematical rules prove that humanity will be driven extinct by technology? I want to see these theorems and proofs you speak of.
You are the one misrepresenting the argument. What you really want to ask is "how does society grow according to mathematical principles." Economics studies this, and the growth of society can be likened to

>> No.21583298

>>21583228
>>21583288
likened to any economic body. Society is a self propagating system the same way a biological organism is.

Your arguments simply aren't relevant because you can't demonstrate anything other than the inability to comprehend the issue. Then you say things like this:
>Honestly, if humans fail in the evolutionary playing field to a superior adversary, I'm okay with that. We don't deserve to live if we can't ensure our own survival.
And demonstrate just how retarded your view is.

>> No.21583310

>>21583228
But I'm sure you want a direct answer to the distinction between "real goals" and surrogate activities. To make it simple for you, again, imagine a marvel fanboy in his mommy's basement. He collects all the newest funko-pops and things they're really funsy wunsy and he wants them really bad. But he doesn't know why everything feels so meaningless- all he knows is that he has to keep collecting the newest ones. Maybe he goes and gets on SSRI's just to fill the void. When someone criticizes his funko collection he gets really mad >:( and wants them to stop. He doesn't really want the funko-pops. The funko-pops are a surrogate activity to fill the activities he really wants to engage in; whether that is interpersonal connection, care and assistance for his community, or engaging in acts that meaningfully impact his life. It doesn't have to be survival.

>> No.21583322

>>21583310
>>21583228
Furthermore, Kaczynski's ideology does not rest on the power process. He acknowledges that many people do not have a strong drive for autonomy and that the system will likely be able to engineer the remainder psychologically or biologically into not caring either. You may have autism because you aren't able to see the ideological forest for the supporting trees. You have a single minded focus on one component- and your critique is, despite your protestation, not even relevant.

>> No.21583358

>>21583310
The surrogate activity that Kaczinsky himself mentions is the emperor of japan doing marine biology.
You're really misrepresenting the scope of his claims to make his argument more feasible.

>> No.21583368

>>21583358
And why did Hirohito pick up marine biology? I'm sure he really wanted to find out all about marine wildlife while he had more important things to do. Like run a country.

>> No.21583376

>>21583368
>And why did Hirohito pick up marine biology?
For fun.
>I'm sure he really wanted to find out all about marine wildlife
Apparently yes.
>while he had more important things to do. Like run a country.
You can do both, y'know.

>> No.21583383

>>21583376
The point is that he didn't. He had to find something meaningless to occupy his time because he had nothing important to do.

>> No.21583438

>>21583322
You know kaczynski was autistic, right?

>> No.21583455

>>21583383
And then enjoyed it despite teddy going all autistic on his ass

>> No.21583537

>>21583288
>I don't need evidence
lmao you are unironically retarded then. I wouldnt converse further with you or respond to that barely cogent drivel you just wrote but I don't want anyone to think you're saying anything remotely of substance
>>21583288
>It is possible and plausible for AI to reach the point that it is more efficient than humans at solving problems, and once that point is reached human thought will become irrelevant. Any country or organization that employs AI will be strictly more efficient than those that do not, and if others do not adopt AI for problem solving, the ones that do will engulf them. This is not a LE SKYNET BAD prediction, this is just a simple observation. Humans will become irrelevant.
Humans will still be required to create new ideas to improve the AI so that it can be better at solving problems. Furthermore all problems the AI will be solving will be problems a human told it to solve. At no point (unless we are talking about some explicitly anti-human skynet) do humans become irrelevant
>>21583288
>Actually, it was stupid of you to say. The ones that were not focused on growth were out competed and no longer exist
Wrong. Tons of societies, cultures, and nations still exist today which are not focused on growth and they have not been exterminated. The only nations which are hyperfocused on growth at all costs are the superpowers, not the hundreds of other nations and culture which aren't taking part in the technological arms race or are only taking part at a tertiary level. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're American, huh?
>>21583288
>Nuclear weapons also haven't reduced or stifled growth- if anything, they've increased stability, at the expense of giving rise to the possibility that humans may simply disappear one day.
Nuclear weapons have made it impossible for a nation to grow in traditional methods, i.e. brute conquest. Technological developments in waging attritional warfare also make it difficult and maybe impossible for a superior power to control territory in the traditional sense, see Arghanistan vs the Soviets and Americans. Therefore the only avenues for a nation are either sustainability or economic growth. I would wager that sustainability is actually the superior evolutionary force in the age of the nuclear stalemate.
The nations which focused purely on technoeconomic growth over sustainability are actually experiencing a decline in birthrates, see japan and others for instance. I know you're just a Ted cultist and you don't need evidence (lmao) but this is actually evidence to suggest that the worship of technique and efficiency is actually an evolutionary dead end.
>>21583298
>Society is a self propagating system the same way a biological organism is.
I agree, and the societies which survive are those that reproduce the most, not the ones that are the most efficient. Efficiency that is not a means for reproduction is self-defeating.

>> No.21583541
File: 202 KB, 1024x981, 1674877966067775.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

anybody got more schizo memes about the system like this?

>> No.21583569
File: 45 KB, 376x401, sheeple (1).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21580745
Can you try any harder to be any more of a dork, anon?
>Its not an over exaggeration to say that the fate of our species is at stake and that the world could become consumed by rootless mutts, by which stage I would consider humanity dead.
And what have you, an anon who's totally NOT a rootless mutt (lmfao), done to stop this? Let me guess: jack with a little bit of shit?

>> No.21583577

>>21582234
I get his reverence for the environment and all but I’ve started to feel this way for a long time.

>>21582561
Wrong

>>21582659
This book sucks too. Him and Fisher did the whole world a favor by offing themselves

>>21582801
Hows the HRT going?

>>21583541
That meme sucks, kys

>> No.21583581

>>21583537
>I agree, and the societies which survive are those that reproduce the most
And so it is with individuals, but when this happens, you call 'em "NPC faggots" out of coping. The "degenerates" of the world, the dreaded NORMIES, are succeeding exactly because they fit this bill. While you anons, who have to pretend (let's be honest here) that "no, no, anon, I'm totally a 50 something boomer with a wife and kids, honest!" and that you're not THAT much of a lost cause, you've just got a little "bit of issues" to deal with. You wouldn't be on a dead, past its prime site if you were, of course, but that's what's funny. Terminally online dorks lanquishing on the internet equivalent of a past her prime trophy wife because they can't handle that maybe, just maybe, they're not as good as they thought.

>> No.21583586

>>21582561
>you can get all your answers if you stop listening to /pol/ retards and listen to the marxists
You could actually stop listening to both and just go outside and live a little. Revolutionary concept, I know.

>> No.21583595

The Unheavenly City
Brave New World Revisited (seriously, it's good)
The Moynihan report

>> No.21583600

>>21583581
uhh, nowhere in my posts did I say that I hate normies who reproduce. You're projecting.

>> No.21583602

>>21583537
>lmao you are unironically retarded then.
>Nooo! Self propagating systems grow? SOURCE? SOURCE? I'm going to need a SOURCE FOR THAT. Source please? Source? SOURCE!? Source? SOURCE!!!
The fact that your two neurons can haul your dribbling body to the keyboard and bang out anything at all is a testament to the unknowable machinations of God's divine plan.
>Humans will still be required to create new ideas to improve the AI so that it can be better at solving problems. Furthermore all problems the AI will be solving will be problems a human told it to solve. At no point (unless we are talking about some explicitly anti-human skynet) do humans become irrelevant
Not one AI performing all tasks, many AI each with their own routines. They perform individual tasks initially given by humans, like "upkeep the infrastructure", "acquire x minerals", "innovate x designs", "increase efficiency of energy production." At some point society will function well enough that humans do become irrelevant, and that's not even assuming the creation of artificial general intelligence.
>Wrong. Tons of societies, cultures, and nations still exist today which are not focused on growth and they have not been exterminated. The only nations which are hyperfocused on growth at all costs are the superpowers, not the hundreds of other nations and culture which aren't taking part in the technological arms race or are only taking part at a tertiary level. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're American, huh?
There is only one global and industrial society. Small countries like Latvia that seem stagnant are only small parts of the global industrial complex. Again, your autism is showing.
Nuclear weapons have made it impossible for a nation to grow in traditional methods, i.e. brute conquest. Technological developments in waging attritional warfare also make it difficult and maybe impossible for a superior power to control territory in the traditional sense, see Arghanistan vs the Soviets and Americans. Therefore the only avenues for a nation are either sustainability or economic growth. I would wager that sustainability is actually the superior evolutionary force in the age of the nuclear stalemate.
>I agree, and the societies which survive are those that reproduce the most, not the ones that are the most efficient. Efficiency that is not a means for reproduction is self-defeating.
You can't understand the difference between nations and industrial society. You are unironically ngmi.
That may partially explain your retardation, if you read the entirety of ISaiF or Technological Slavery while thinking industrial society = (an) industrialized nation. God I hope that's the case and you aren't genuinely brain dead.

>> No.21583612
File: 32 KB, 645x770, Chudjak.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21583602

>> No.21583616

>>21583600
>uhh, nowhere in my posts did I say that I hate normies who reproduce. You're projecting.
You have to forgive me, then, anon. I just am so used to too many anons whining about people who don't even realize they exist. It's sad, wouldn't you agree? A bunch of grown ass men doing literal Not Like The Other Girls shit. Imagine that.
>>21583602
>Nuclear weapons have made it impossible for a nation to grow in traditional methods, i.e. brute conquest.
Instead, the United States settles for exporting their bullshit culture war throughout the world, where you have BLM protests in JAPAN and Hungarians fretting over Harry Potter. Who needs war when you have autism?

>> No.21583617 [DELETED] 
File: 48 KB, 929x1018, 1671486508591089.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.21583626

>>21583616
>Instead, the United States settles for exporting their bullshit culture war throughout the world, where you have BLM protests in JAPAN and Hungarians fretting over Harry Potter. Who needs war when you have autism?
Exactly.

>> No.21583641

>>21583626
That's what's so funny about the world. I don't get why so many people cling to "Clown World" as an idea, then get mad at the state of the world. It's a fucking circus, people. You're supposed to laugh, not cry!

>> No.21583651

>>21583641
The circus is run by demons and the entertainment is the tortured cries of the innocent.

>> No.21583659

>>21580579
You're right but read Hegel. Every time the parasite system gets too powerful it will eventually overplay its hand, then dies and begins again. Eventually it will destroy itself for the final time when it seems to be at it's absolute worst. The worse the catastrophe the better the rebirth.

>> No.21583693

>>21583659
which books by hegel? when in history has a parasitic system overplayed its hand? the roman empire? it seems like nothing in history has come even remotely close to the system we have today

>> No.21583714
File: 95 KB, 867x1482, lawofcivilizatio0000broo_0007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21583693
>when in history has a parasitic system overplayed its hand? the roman empire? it seems like nothing in history has come even remotely close to the system we have today
Drop everything and read the first 50~ pages of this, the ones on the Roman empire

>> No.21583720

>>21583714
Individual civilizations are still subject the cycles of glory and decay, but industrial society is something entirely new. Nations and civilizations are now merely cultural clothing for the same eldritch Leviathan.

>> No.21583732

>>21580742
If there's a Hell I'm sure we'll all be held accountable

>> No.21583778

>>21580579
The system is actually good. We humans are the real problem. We consume meat, killing fields. We caused Coronavirus. We killed million innocent Jews. The Earth doesn't want us.

Anyway, republicans won't get me.

>> No.21583812
File: 239 KB, 638x863, motivated performer (2017_01_18 00_20_11 UTC).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21583641
It's not funny though. I would laugh if it were funny. Or if there were an intermission or a bathroom break, or at some point we get to see the actors unmask and wink or something, but it never happens. Instead the actors just turn on the others, point, and scream "look he's not laughing! Why isn't HE laughing? Why aren't THEY laughing? They should be laughing!" It's not fucking funny, dude

>> No.21583862

yeah I know what you mean anon. I didn't need mushrooms though. I'm probably brain damaged and I'm definitely autistic. But I didn't need mushrooms to realize we're in somebody else's Hell. I was born dead. 26 years and I've been walking this silent plateau with my guts mummifying and sticking to my parchment skin and my blood turning to acid

>> No.21583894

>>21580579
The Valis trilogy by Philip K Dick might be just what you need. Also, some more out-there religious texts. Or rather compilations like the Gnostic Bible or Huxleys Perennial Philosophy. Then take LSD, in a not too low dose. You will get insights on the true nature of existence and how it's not hopeless.
Other recs:
A Canticle for Leibovitz for a very plastic vision of how civilizations rise and decay.
Lem's Summa technologiae for some ahead-of-its-time thought on technology and where it might take us. It's somewhat dated though.
Theodore Dalyrymples essays about cultural decline just to understand that you're not alone/wrong when you feel the world's going to shit.
That's just some random things that come to mind while drunk kek

>> No.21583940

>>21580579
>his ideas about revolting against the system, however, in ano domini 2023 feel all but hopeless
That is why you gotta read The Anti-Tech Revolution: Why and How.

It's much more dense and calls to action after a really concerning argument over the current window of opportunity that we have to destroy the "gork" before it's too late (and this too late would be geoengineering, that would result in the ultimate destruction of nature, wildlife and finally, humanity).

I also started questioning it all after a psychedelic trip, I remember being more annoyed than useful by the noise of vehicles, I tried to find a place where I could get rid of all that noise, and I went to the outskirts of the city, where I saw an old and broken lamppost being taken by vines, and in that moment I started to think... It would be a bliss if nature grew over all this gunk we've been building over the past century and a half.
Back then I found my solace doing a slow read of Tolkien, whose Anti-Tech spirit is present in his books. Only when I've read Kaczynski that I realized how bad things are and we are to turn back the clock. And yes, it's possible!

Welcome to the Resistence, friend.

>> No.21583949

>>21583940
Start gardening bro.

>> No.21583971

>>21583940
If we destroy it now it will just return with later generations. Turning back clocks doesn't stop time

>> No.21583985
File: 358 KB, 850x875, anthropocene.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21583659
Except that we are getting to the point that the parasites are basically destroying everything with all the trash the make, and even now it would take a long time for many rivers to purified naturally.
To believe in Hegel's sense of progress towards freedom will lead you to see things like a Zizek and a Harari, who both had a talk last year saying that humans should indeed cut ties with nature and basically become machines and shit.

>> No.21584042
File: 51 KB, 483x635, images (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21583949
I do gardening, I have some chickens, I'm currently trying to learn basics such as useful knots, which I realized to be a very desirable skill in a survivalist situation, second only to firemaking.

What I have is not enough to survive, but it's a start.

>>21583971
Kaczynski argues about that, saying it's easier to destroy something rather than building.
It took roughly a thousand years for Europe to rediscover a number of technologies what ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans knew. One of the most remarkable were hydraulic mining, forgotten after the fall of Rome and only rediscovered in the 18th century.

What makes you think we will easily remember how to build a computer, especially when you need rare, hard to obtain resources in order to build most things? Your cellphone or computer is not a miracle of technological discovery, it's rather a miracle of global resources trading. The Asians that assemble these tech need a container full of raw materials being carried by a gargantuan cargo ship in order to build these things, and you need another huge ship cargo to have these products arriving at your door or local store.
The more complex a system gets, more it depends on trade routes, cheap labor, ability to obtain resources from a distant source etc.

>> No.21584104

the tricky part is that there's no identifiable "enemy", there's nothing specific to revolt against. gork has wrapped its lovecraftian tentacles over almost every single part of our existence so identifying any 1 thing to attack or revolt against is impossible.

you can look at gork as just capital gain, and then logically people trace where all the capital is going and then conclude that jewish bankers are the enemy because they're the richest. that's where all the (maybe justified) jewish hate stems from. but i think looking at gork as just capital is grossly simplified view of the whole "system". the real enemy is so vague and unquantifiable that it's almost impossible to revolt against. it's scientists, it's every youtuber that tries to grow their channel, it's every brand everywhere, no matter how small, it's almost every office worker, it's anybody working in the advertising industry, it's every app that you download, it's every video you watch, it's every car that you see on the street, it's children innocently watching tiktok, it's every mother allowing their kids to do so, it's your fellow human beings. of course a CEO is more 'guilty' than a mother allowing their kids to watch videos on their ipad. but my point is that EVERYBODY is progressing the system, and they do so because there's no alternative, and because theyre unaware, and because the system is putting so much stress on us as humans. Ted's view on entertainment and stress are fascinating. There's just nothing to attack or fight against, that's why it's hopeless, it is in the very DNA of our society at this point, it has vaguely and subtly taken over everything. during my mushroom trip i thought of that quote "the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" it's such a vague and ethereal and shifting enemy.

>>21583894
Theodore's essays sound like a nice read right about now, thanks for compiling these buddy, cheers
>>21583940
thanks for the rec and thanks for the welcome i guess, but i feel like there's no real resistance, that's what i was wondering at the end of the OP. where is the resistance? where are people actually talking about this honestly and smartly? i see sporadic threads on 4chan getting to the core, but it's transient ofcourse, it's 4chan, threads come and go. you know any other places that discuss this shit?

>> No.21584106

>>21583940
Don't you want to be able to one day walk across the rivers of Io as a three hundred year old astronaut kept alive and vital by the miracles of modern technology, genetically engineered to the point that a human being in 2030 would consider you a living God? Don't you want to stare into the abyss of the human soul and drop down into it and out the other side in your ship lined with gold? Collapse the distance between the farthest visible stars and Saturn into the space between your thumb and your index finger? You could race comets across an extraterrestrial sunset and push your speed to the point that you burn up in re-entry as the native species look up and wonder at the advent they have seen in their skies. Or is all that just a dream?

>> No.21584112

>>21584104
It's inertia and habit and comfort.

>> No.21584175

>>21584104
>There's just nothing to attack or fight against, that's why it's hopeless, it is in the very DNA of our society at this point,
Here's a proposal that may give you hope: This belief itself is one of the attack-vectors of the enemy, it's one of its greatest weapons - depriving you of the ability to conceive of it in anything but ITS OWN chosen categories. As William James says somewhere, we're "almost born hard-headed now," meaning hard-headed, sceptical, earthy scientific empiricists and materialists. Even when we want to believe in higher realities or dimensions of reality and are radically open to it, we "default" and painfully snap back to sober atomistic materialism and individualism in any given analysis that fails to decisively and radically prove an alternative. This is fine, it's a good heuristic for doing certain scientific inquiries, but the prestige and past efficacy of such inquiries has been used as a deceptive justification for making this sort of thinking the overall human default. What this means: any time you look at things, you tend to see the "default" "most reasonable" assemblage of "at least inarguably real" things, like: [individual, selfishly hedonistic and merely materialistically evolved until proven otherwise, basically mundane human beings] grouped together in ["societies," i.e., mere happenstance assemblages of humans due to historical accident and socio-economic push-and-pull factors with no moral or metaphysical content], etc.

You do this with one eye while the other eye is trying to find a "place" or "space" to put things like morality, purpose, the struggle against evil, hope, hidden forces that might be working toward the good, etc. And naturally you find nothing, because the very premises of your way of seeing, the theory built into your "theory-laden perception," all about rule out any such possibility - you could only see or imagine a moral or metaphysical counter-force against mere hedonistic individualism and evil itself if it were a giant, stark, obvious rupture with the former.

In short, you look out onto a universe you presume to be dead, flat, material, and empty, with a few rationicating self-interest following algorithmically evolved ape-beings meaninglessly harming each other due to blind forces that for some reason always seem to add up to evil, and you wonder where the good is, or where it could come from or ever enter into the system. As Rudolf Steiner says, "we only see dead things," we only see things in their downward-tending aspect, their materializing/concretizing aspect, i.e. not the underlying wellsprings of life and spontaneity that produced them SO THAT we could see them on their "way down" into mere inertia and materiality in the first place.

Making you see in this way is the greatest weapon the system has. It's depriving YOU of your natural weapons, namely the ability to see otherwise, hope, and faith in the essential good of things. This is Ahriman's greatest ploy.

>> No.21584194

>>21584104
>where is the resistance?
https://www.bitchute.com/video/MqxSo4RGkXQh/
>The elite are all about transcendence and living forever and the secrets of the universe, and they want to know all this. Some are good, some are bad, some are a mix. But the good ones don’t ever want to organize; the bad ones tend to organize because they lust after power. Powerful consciousnesses don’t want to dominate other people, they want to empower them, so they don’t tend to get together, until things are really late in the game. Then they come together and evil’s always defeated, because good is so much stronger.

Ephesians 6:12
>For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
"Powers and principalities" in Greek at the time meant orders of demons. The NIV translates it this way:
>For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

>> No.21584198

>>21584042
I would like to continue and propose why I agree that, as Kaczynski says, we are entering a Momentum of opportunity and the time to build grassroots support to the Anti-Tech cause is NOW.

And we can learn this by observing the Roman Empire and it's decline.
The Zenith of the Empire was during the Antonines, when the empire reached it's peak limits with Trajan. The succession of Commodus and the establishment of the Severan dinasty brought too much corruption to the Empire. Provinces didn't feel as accountable to Rome as much as before and after the fall of the Severan the corrupt the Praetorian Guard even managed to sell the throne of Rome for the highest bid after the death of Pertinax. So, after reaching its highest, Rome became corrupt, bureaucratic and unable to maintain control of its borders. The crisis of the Third Century resulted in terrible outcomes that we can see in the decline of the arts and architecture.

What people don't realize is that the aftermath of the crisis meant also a sort of "energy crisis" in Rome. Firstly, because the empire could no longer maintain coinage as before and archeologists can see that Rome was already having problems with bullions even before Constantine. Another reason was the environmental destruction, considering the importance of charcoal and the lack of this essential resource crippled Roman metal works. The other and more efficient resource was charcoal, that came primarily from Britain and became more pricy, since mining this resource became more expensive, problems of corruption and of course, barbarian incursions in that region. This lead to a poorer infrastructure, soldiers wouldn't have access to weapons and armors of quality, petty disputes paved way to barbarians to strike and last but not least, environmental factors brought more barbarian migrations and the arrival of the Huns.

My point is, with energy crisis, a growing population, the current corruption of establishment politics and the dependency of foreign markets make both the West and China (the bastions of technology btw) weak. It gives us opportunities to strike.
The current goal should be exporting Kaczynski's ideas to Chinese misfits. This shouldn't be hard, since young Chinese men have no life perspectives, are condemned to be incels and they are smart enough to read and comprehend the text.
A group of militants in both the West and China will overwhelm the system, and it will halt the system when we turn ideas into action. (However, I won't discuss what I mean by action because I don't want to excite too much the FBI agent reading this post)

>> No.21584216

>>21584194
>And from the earth there will spring forth a terrible brood of beings, a brood of automata, of an order of existence lying between the mineral and the plant kingdoms, and possessed of an overwhelming power of [merely calculative, analytical] intellect. This swarm will seize upon the earth, will spread over the earth like a network of ghastly, spider-like creatures, of an order lower than that of plant-existence, but possessed of overpowering wisdom. These spidery creatures will be all interlocked with one another, and in their outward movements they will imitate the thoughts that men have spun out of the shadowy [calculative and analytical] intellect that has not allowed itself to be quickened by the new form of Imaginative Knowledge by Spiritual Science.

>All the thoughts that lack substance and reality will then be endowed with being. The earth will be surrounded — as it is now with air and as it sometimes is with swarms of locusts — with a brood of terrible spider-like creatures, half-mineral, half-plant, interweaving with masterly intelligence, it is true, but with intensely evil intent. And in so far as man has not allowed his shadowy intellectual concepts to be quickened to life [by being infused with spiritual insight], his existence will be united ... with this ghastly brood of half-mineral, half-plantlike creatures.
(Steiner, 1920s)

>> No.21584256

>>21584198
Taiwan, right now, is the lynchpin of the techno-industrial system.

>> No.21584279

>>21584256
Please explain

>> No.21584287
File: 26 KB, 554x554, images (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21584104
>where are people actually talking about this honestly and smartly? i see sporadic threads on 4chan getting to the core, but it's transient ofcourse, it's 4chan, threads come and go. you know any other places that discuss this shit?
I already gave some ideas of how we can spread the grassroots movements in other threads. Mostly involving recruitment and making the Anti-Tech Revolution more mainstream.
Kaczynski already gave some ideas in his ATR:W&H, some of my propositions is to use cultural subversion, transforming the ATR into s cultural phenomena. Such as:

>grafitti of Anti-Tech phrases and imagery, instigating people to read and acknowledge the existence of the manifesto
>QR codes in public places linking to the manifesto.
>cultural discussions, such as podcasts, YouTube lectures and blogs promoting the points of the revolution for anyone interested
>those in the art industry, such as musicians, should reference this in music
>those who can write, should work on Anti-Tech fiction, especially one that targets the young adult public
>Teachers should add Kaczynski in the silabus and discuss his work in lectures. (For example, a history high school teacher could bring Kaczynski to class while discussing the industrial revolution and topics alike. Same for the Philosophy and geography teachers)
>Priests should discuss the dangers of technology in their churches, seminars (Ellul could be useful here)

If you think this is silly, here are some case studies of cultural phenomena that became part of our culture:
1. The hippie movement started as a bunch of outcasts, it was important as a resistance against the Vietnam war and its consequences were so significant that liberal boomers to this day still think in the lines of their former hippie years.
2. The punk movement started in the industry of music and became a major political platform for anti-war ideas, the punk and hardcore bands were very important to criticize Bush's wars and contributed to the unpopularity of that president among the youth.
3. The black metal movement in Norway influenced many adolescents and young adults to copycat a fringe minority group of Oslo and do a lot of mischief. To this day, black metal is the major cultural export of Norway.
4. Networks of Islamic extremism inspired many "lone-wolves" to copycat acts of mischief inspired on what they read on the internet from propaganda websites

This goes along with Kaczynski's case studies presented in the ATR:W&H, where he discuss Lenin, Mao, Fascists etc.
The only difference of my propositions is that I believe there is a Gramscian way of making the revolution softer.

Save this post if you want. Things like this should be reposted here until people start acting. I'm already doing my part (I'm a history teacher)

>> No.21584306

>>21584279
Semiconductors. There are (four major ones iirc) factories in Taiwan that produce 96% of all chips on Earth. It takes years to construct factories that advanced, and even they relied on incremental improvements in manufacture. The remaining chip manufacturing plants in the rest of the world are specialized or generalized and don't come close to the capacity of TSMC- it would take half a year at minimum for production to resume and that's a best case scenario.
There are very few other places on Earth that are so integral to the rest of the world. The Panama Canal is a very distant second.

>> No.21584328

>>21584256
I know that. And that's why I think the AT revolution reaching China/Taiwan would be a great milestone.

Wanna do something for the cause? Translate the Manifesto and ATR:W&H to Chinese and Cantonese. Let the lone Chinese living in egg-sized apartment cook Kaczynski in their minds.

Samizdat revolution!

>> No.21584329

>>21584287
Alex? Is that you?

>> No.21584337
File: 2.17 MB, 550x297, tumblr_f94b21342c96ad6df4700feaac6edc7e_8e4bda5a_640.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21584329
Nope. But whoever this Alex is, I raise my glass for him.
And you, are you doing your part?

>> No.21584371

>>21584287
Remember that if you've said shit like this anywhere on the internet, in text, private messaging, even encrypted chat you're radioactive. Do not network with people IRL anymore because you're a definite fed attractor. When you've created an internet history of peculiarities you have to stay purely vocal or commit to doing whatever it is that you want to do alone.

>> No.21584378

>>21584175
i had to reread this like 5 times cause i'm a stupid motherfucker, but i believe i understand and want to sincerely thank you, my friend. first of all for taking time out of your day to write this, and second of all for giving me an inkling of hope, a shiny little glimmering marble of hope. rereading it for the 4th time i felt a slight but noticable shift in my perception towards the system. a uniquely different stance towards it, thanks

>> No.21584383

>>21584337
He's good people. He's also a (serious) teacher in a place that desperately needs serious teachers. Taught me a lot.
I'm a trade student in my late 20s right now and I work as a delivery driver. I'm very unhappy with the state of the world too. I'm also thinking about killing myself in some time in the next couple decades too. We'll see how life goes. I wouldn't call that doing my part though, would you?

>> No.21584414

>>21584371
I am very aware of this, and to be honest, this is just the beginning. I want to take a sabbatical year to finish my studies and since I have more time, I plan to run a thread on praxis of AT Revolution in this board. Where I plan to post pictures of the "street art" and "sticker tagging" I intend to do.
I won't do this because I think it will be efficient where I live (it's a relatively insignificant city), what I plan is to do it and inspire others in more important places to do the same.
The worst the police can do to me is to charge me a fine and put me to do some community work.

And also, even if I attract the feds (thank God I'm not an American and I am not under the FBI, but we know every government monitors people), I don't care.
Because the point is, should I live a life paying bills and buying cheap distractions or should I commit to something that is for the betterment of the world? A lesson that I've learn from Kierkegaard is to live for what we believe.

May my Patron Saint, St Simeon Stylites, protect me.

>>21584383
Why you should kill yourself when you can devote your life to something greater than yourself?
If you believe in human freedom, you know we can beat the system if we life for this.
Remember, when you die, someone who abhors what you hoped for will be laughing. So make this life worthwhile.

>> No.21584420

>>21584414
God speed mein neger

>> No.21584458

>>21584414
>Why you should kill yourself when you can devote your life to something greater than yourself?
Fear. Exhaustion. I don't know man. And choosing to die is one of the most important, beautiful liberties one has. I almost want to do to spite the claims that the state has made on the lives of its subjects. I understand why they do it of course, but, for example, when you're in a hospital or a doctor's office and so much as make an offhand joke about killing yourself or make a "covert" implication that you don't want to live anymore, they can "rightfully" commit you involuntarily. This seems so hysterical and fearful to me I can't stand it. I wouldn't want my loved ones to end their lives either, but I also don't believe in clamping down like a police state and monitoring people's every move in case THEY MIGHT KILL THEMSELVES AHHHHHHH. Goddamn them and their right to my life. Why the fuck would I want to live in this?
Anyway, sorry about that. Like I said, we'll see how it goes.

>> No.21584477

>>21584414
An addendum on living (or dying) for what you believe.

Kaczynski's criticism of leftism is very punctual and we can see how leftism is a system that will never achieve it's goals considering modern liberals. This is because these people are not ready to die for what they believe. Yes, they will go to the streets, do some march, shout some words and perhaps some vandalism. But they will never go beyond that. They will never actually do a new Russian Revolution.
Why? Because they are not ready to die for their bullshit (and as Kaczynski talks about in "the system's neatest trick", theot attitude is just some sort of surrogate activity that is tolerated by whoever is in power).

Let's see the most successful revolutions.
The Christians in Rome subverted the whole empire and even got a hold of the barbarians. All of it without taking up a sword. How? They weren't afraid to die. They would be humiliated and killed professing their faith, often with smiles in their faces. Many were killed, but the empire ended up bowing to the cross.
Can't we say the same about Islam? The only difference was the use of the sword. Started with small tribes, raging and pillaging. Not afraid to die because they believed in a higher truth.
Mormons were ready to die by crossing the poorly charted parts of the United States, suffering from illnesses and thirst, in order to reach the Salt Lake area and institute their state of Deseret.
What about the Russian Revolution? The red army was assembled by whom if not by people who weren't afraid of dying? They were ready to do anything for their cause, even if it meant death.
We can say the same about China.
The Israelis took everything they had and went to build these kibbutz in what they called Zion. They would do act of terrorism against the British authorities until they had the paper signed that granted land for them.
In Cuba, people were ready to live in camps hiding from Baptista's troops while we even had suicide attacks.

All these movements started with a few pioneers and enlarged with time. Christianity is the most interesting case since the success of a bunch of apostles resulted in the world's greatest religion up to this day.

>> No.21584484

>>21580579
>had an insightful little mushroom trip yesterday
No such thing.

>> No.21584495

>>21584477
Agreed.

>> No.21584503

>>21584458
Look man, you are worth. Much more worth than it seems. And yes, I know. Things are hard, I never had it easier and I'm quite lonely if we think about it. But I'm alive because a series of things still brings me joy and hope.

But try to get something greater than yourself. It doesn't need to be this (although I would be happy if it was this). Some people live for their faith, other live for doing what they love (such as sportsmen trying to beat their record, or a person in love with music that dedicates itself to the craft), others live for their families (not only married people, but look at those who take care of ill parents and still live another day).
It would be a shame if you killed yourself because you don't seem to realize your potential. There are many alternatives and if all of them feel tiresome, then it means you haven't found what is for you.
Vocation is the word, and you have to dwell in whatever makes you satisfied and think "well, how can I transform it into something integral about my life?"
Maybe you love woodworking and didn't discovered it yet, or maybe you really want to be a park ranger living in a wooden shed but never thought it would be an option.

>> No.21584533

>>21580579
>>21584104
1/2
Personally, I see this all as just the same old human drama entering a new phase with new tools, but as above so below, and as in the past so in the future, and as here so elsewhere. The emperors never went away, they just convinced a lot of people they did. Before they were convincing a lot of people they were divine agents or gods themselves. Its always some bs.
There are always those who will dedicate their lives to expanding institutional power, which they can ride along with to great benefit.
There are always the many that are of simple mind and conformist to their core, easily manipulated by the former.
And always the manicurists, the gardeners out to make everything perfect and control every inch of life down to the leaf.
The Managers of our time aren't much different from the Archbishops that sought an ideal life under their Church rulebook.
Most people want only to live in a well manicured space, peace, prosperity (in a cage), security, nice flowers, pool tables in the office...
The internet is mostly dead. Half the replies to this are brain dead, probably a good deal of bots or botbrains here. Centuries ago, all the books were bibles or Aristotle, it was even deader. And do you suppose the average medieval peasant was worth conversing with in depth?
You were born in that demographic that embraces chaos and freedom, is eternally inquisitive, distrustful of authority and the Group, if not simply contrarian, and very open minded. It is a somewhat unfortunate lot, rarely in power, almost universally despised by power and the gardeners, but its the one group that can see beyond the day to day grind and chains.
You get to be acutely aware of the chains and generally unable to do much about them, and often martyred for any effort.

>> No.21584540

>>21584533
2/2
So what do you dedicate your life to? Personal art, screaming into the void, some spiritual path of progression that's in effect a self-contained value system, probably a general cope for your utter impotence, or do you take the path of the firebrand or martyr?
What's the right path, peaceful reflection, dangerous struggle? Who do you fight for, what cause do you trust when everyone seems compromised and any group that grows to scale gets drowned out with the mindless conformists (of the contrarian type) that will be manipulated and defused by the managers, coopted, used for ulterior ends that serve some power faction?
Be a Marxist... The revolutionaries can't do anything and most soft socialists just want free stuff and an easier time of serfdom. The firebrand set can be used to foment endless agitation, but most aren't that smart and their emotionalism is easily channeled by elites through intermediaries.
The elites have perfectly incorporated agitation into their divide and conquer scheme. See this thread, the Argument just devolves an open conversation down into some specialized rabbit hole of increasingly emotional irrelevance that forgets about higher sentiments in favor of chasing ego and a Win; you chase some carrot in circles instead of digging at the base of your cell walls. Discussion isn't useful to elites, because it is tranquil, accepting, unprejudiced, open. Open means opening their chains and finding alternative possibilities that aren't reliant on consumption, division, and base hedonism. The less emotional, the less controllable.
We can be complete without a million dollars, and we can build a society on spiritual principles.
We can remind ourselves that we all die soon, and our raw existence is beyond definition or value.
There is more beauty in a rock than all television if you know how to see.
They don't want you to see.
They claim to be your superiors and claim you as their property, livestock, flock.
What competent shepherd blinds his flock?
They are the blindest of us all, for even with the tallest tower to see from they see little more than the lowliest, just a better machine.
Build an alternative one person at a time, starting with your own soul.
Art can accomplish that. So can discussion.
Violence almost always only pays itself back in kind.

>> No.21584565

>>21583127
6 fingers and toe is the least strange thing about some of our humanoid ancestors

>> No.21584589

>>21583778
>We killed million innocent Jews.
fuck off kike, the kike sare the problem. If we actually had killed them the world wouldnt be the shithole it is today. You are living in the Weimerica Jewtopia that got them rounded up to begin with

>> No.21584618

>>21584589
You're brainwashed anti-vaxxer incel chud right-wing homophobic anti-social /pol/tard. You're a failure, deal w/it.

>> No.21584639

>>21580579
log off the internet

>> No.21584645

>>21584639
This. And touch grass.

>> No.21584677

>>21582234
Well Ted explored the idea of surrogate activities to connect it with Leftism what keeps the system going. For scientists, pseudorevolutionaries (leftists) or the Japanese Emperor Hirohito interest in marine biology (an example he gives in the books), these pursuits are for the false feeling of accomplishment. Those scientists who give electroshocks to monkeys, or to dogs, who torture them for no reason don't do it to benefit humanity but to satisfy their needs of making useless goals and achieving them. Those scientists and leftists will keep creating things who can endanger humanity with the pretense of "helping humanity".
Humans told stories from before civilization existed but your need to literature and poetry isn't a natural need. You are interested in it because you lack any meaningful activity in your life. Then you are feeling empty and want to kill yourself like all philosophers, you're all spineless cowards. "playing the cello" lol
kys

>> No.21584848
File: 2.12 MB, 3618x4096, 1674946990788365.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21584677
He is being dishonest. It's not like Ted doesn't want people to have their leisures, the problem is when people are too distracted and accommodated that they will just sit in their couch playing Xbox and do nothing about the feeling of dread that is always in the back of their heads.

The main point of the manifesto is that the revolution is not a goal for a better, utopian future. It's a question of destiny and perpetuation of humanity.

>> No.21584855

>>21584677
Based. I just want to hunt and chill with my bros all day everyday

>> No.21584925

>>21580579
All I know for sure is we've lost all hope of being a space faring species

>> No.21584960

>>21584618
>failure
Im a wealthy currency trader with a STEM degree from a prestigious private university and impressive resume. By any possible metric your tiny little Jewish brain I make you look like a literal retard. Get gassed kike

>> No.21584980

>>21583586
stop being a faggot, why would i be a marxist if i were a neet

>> No.21584996

>>21584980
According to a recent survey, 83% of self-described Marxists in 2023 are transvestites who are either unemployed or employed in "tech industry" or "creative" jobs (which means unemployed).

>> No.21585000
File: 48 KB, 850x400, murti.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21582801
you are a mentally retarded NPC with low IQ. Your seething rage at your betters is the icing on the cake

>> No.21585021

>>21582561
>the solution to stopping the Jewish bankers from acquiring all the resources by riffing the system is to destroy the system with its checks and balances preventing complete tyranny and give them your guns and ALL the resources
Ultra galaxy brain here, kys mental midget

>> No.21585038

>>21584980
>>21585000
Kys racist unvaxxed /pol/tards. You retards will never be successful. Y'all are filthy losers. Right-wing believes in Flat Earth conspiracy theory, however left-wing is doing science, stupid christcucks.

Atheists contributed to science a lot.

Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Maxwell, Compton, Euler, Newton, Carl Sagan, Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Richard Dawkins and many were atheists. Religious people contributed nothing to science.

>> No.21585043

>>21585038
>tranny screeching
I RAN OUT OF MY HRT AHHH IM GOING INSANE REEEEEEEE.

stfu and dilate

>> No.21585061

>>21585038
>Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Maxwell, Compton, Euler, Newton
None of these people were atheists. You are literally a deranged retard

>> No.21585071

>>21585038
this has to be bait. There is no way this is a real post. Also stop saying y'all. I would bet money you're not from the south. Stop trying to sound like us.

>> No.21585075

>>21584925
You WILL live in the martian pod recycling water from your piss and you WILL be happy.

>> No.21585076

>>21585038
I know it's satire but just saying, Newton was deeply religious and interested in hermetic alchemy, and I believe Euler was very religious.

>> No.21585513

>>21585076
Newton wasn't religious. It is pseudo-historical bullshit. Also, he had nothing to do with alchemy, you fucking retard. Alchemy is another pseudo-scientific woo.
>>21585071
I'm from South Korea. That's why I cannot speak English properly. I may make some grammar mistakes.
>>21585061
All of them were proudly atheists. They have screwed your creatonist myth. We have science today, which is the greatest weapon against religions.

If humanity get rid if religions, there's going to be eternal peace & love. We should also embrace veganism to make the Earth a better place.

>> No.21585603

>>21580579
It’s Jews OP. It isn’t capitalism or the system. It’s a cabal of Jews.

>> No.21585612

>>21582252
First based reply. Normies will do the most insane mental gymnastics to describe the effects of Jews without implicating Jews.

>> No.21585615

>>21582417
No. Playing the cello is a way to hack your neurology to produce the happy chemicals. So it is a means to an end. Just because the end is the effect of art and creativity to the happy chemicals in your brain does not mean it doesn’t have an end. Fucking midwit.

>> No.21585669

>>21580579
Minima Moralia by Theodor Adorno

>> No.21585672

>>21585061
you are less deranged, but more retarded for having fallen for the most obvious bait i've ever seen in my life.

>> No.21586143

>>21585672
leftists are literal droolers, Poe's law midwit

>> No.21586155

>>21580579
You need to deracinate yourself from the hyperreality we live in and wait until the 4th grade simulacrum collapses in on itself. Ground yourself to reality. Once you do this, it will be much easier to operate/learn about the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHAqNj_1tc

>> No.21586249

>>21584677
>literally just reiterates "stop liking what I don't like"
You can't make this shit up, this thread is hilarious because anon was right, it's just hordes of seething tedfags proving his point again and again and again without even realizing it, like autistic sideshow bobs stepping on rakes again and again and again.
>>21582234
Stealing this for all future tedfag circlejerks, this is perfect.

>> No.21586398

>>21583894
got any recommendation for something with buddhist (vajrayana tantra related) leanings?

>> No.21586473
File: 216 KB, 916x754, 97xibh2az4ea1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21584106
Do you want to be turned into a paperclip? Do you want to be outmoded by a machine and its mindless black-hole telos?

>> No.21586507

>>21582234
/thread. Ted's ideas are a dead end in themselves. The problem is not technology but technology guiding man instead of man guiding it

>> No.21586513

>>21586507
Ted goes through the fact that tech is the controlling social force, not man. Human behavior, psychology, and eventually biology must change to accomodate new advancements in tech.

>> No.21586545

>>21583778
The Jews literally allowed this technological monstrosity get out of control without human input guiding it. Gtfo

>> No.21586566

>>21582234
i think it is rather remarkable. you are right but i cannot help psychologizing on it: ted had autism or aspergers, and that entire stop-liking-what-i-dont-like attitude really is a hallmark of the disorder, and seeing how his simps have just repeated the exact same thing throughout the thread (also an autistic trait), and this place is full of autists, i am now convinced that ted-ideology basically just boils down to autism.

>> No.21586581

>>21580579
this reads like an old school blog/4chan post and i love it anon. probably the best post in a while in here.

>> No.21586680

>>21580579
All pipes out pipe back in by virtue of being pipes. The pipes in your own head pipe back into your own head. Your head pipes back into being a head, etc. The beginning prompts the end. The ice age caused by global warming causes humans to contribute to global warming. Played like a fiddle from there, on high!
The trick is that the quantitative metanoia afforded by the velocity of technological society - science is just the microscope, the accumulation of evidence, the 'building of the case against embodied life' for the cosmic courts - has revealed to the brain with such fervor that even if it is false it is relationally undeniable, a fundamental split that the ancients were also aware of: inside the human there is a nonhuman disembodied element. The oscillation of both elements creates the 'human person.' Psychiatry = greek myth connexion with all old love washed away, replaced by the dopamine of 'seeing the truth,' forever into the future, eternal confirmation.
Psychiatry is just another language in the negative suggestion that occurs in the mind to escape from itself. There has never been harmony between the body and the brain. The cliche of 'I'm a human, not a number,' is the same enantiodromic loop: what are you? Nothing. Nihilism was just the feeling of the comedown. Humanity is a neologism. Awareness of subversion is the light you see when it's too late to go back to your life.
Subliminal messaging is negative suggestion: the real 'bug' implants longitudinally when you go "aha - got you now!". You never unsee it, the log in your eye, apodictic so as to become engrained, and now more than ever you know it's true.
People in the early 20th were onto this shit with what little predicates they had, and now we have fiat currency, derivatives market, blockchain. Now we have algorithms everywhere. Holy shit, we're going to the fucking moon.

>> No.21586737
File: 276 KB, 450x295, opt-img1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21586249
>>literally just reiterates "stop liking what I don't like"
Are you that retarded to think that without the system you would care about the latest microagression, that one of your tribe members is interested in political analysis, and the other one likes to collect yu-gi-oh cards? technophiles are fucking braindead - this is what keeps the system going.

>> No.21586825

>>21584533
>>21584540
i sense incredible awareness and openness in your words anon, how you can gleam so much from what little words i wrote is hauntingly impressive. if you were next to me i would hug you. you have given me answers and hope. godspeed you poetic son of a bitch

i must say that i disagree with the idea of our current time being the same stage but with different tools. i can't for the life of me find anything to compare this 'gork' to. just tracing back our history 5 years ago things were massively different, 10 years ago things were massively different. we have been spiraling ever onward along the tides of technological advance and capital gain to create a system that is beyond the reach of anything that has come before. i also think the idea of "elites" is an outdated one, i think Ted mentions this, but even the people in charge aren't REALLY in charge, like you say yourself the shepards blindly follow some other motive and invisible directive, that invisible directive is EXACTLY where gork is located. not some jewish cabal, but some blind force that moves the jewish cabal and the rest of humanity forward. i'm not 100% sure about that previous point, but i just can't imagine any one entity or body of people orchestrating all of this. i personally agree with land's ideas about gork being more than institutions but a living aware thing, even though it's fringe, i think there's truth to it

you see landfills of used laptops in Ghana. you see actual islands of discarded plastic. in China you see population control on scale that is incomprehensible. you see division of humans so deep and so vast that it's hard to put into words. i've asked this question before in this thread, but has humanity ever been lonelier or more forlorn than before? i'm sure the life of a medieval peasant had its difficulties, but nothing compares to the grief stricken desolation and desperation that you see ABOUNDING today. when you just casually browse 4chan, place like r9k, or wizardchan (who i noticed recently has a whole board dedicated to depression) or pay real attention to places like Tiktok where young adults are pouring their heart out about their struggles with the system, when you just go outside and pay close attention you notice that maybe the medieval farmer had it quite a lot better.

i don't want to be a martyr or firebrand, i'm much too weak, i just want to come to terms with it. come to terms with the suffering. come to terms with the fact that human beings, human beings much like myself have created and continue to perpetrate this system, with no end in sight. this makes me think of those old monks asking god "why so much suffering" maybe i just have to turn to a religion, or a more philosophically whole perspective like 1 anon said

>> No.21586962

>>21586737
They are so integrated in the system to a point that they think the human condition is completely defined by this system that originated 150 years ago.
They don't realize that the system is the anomaly and we always lived without it.

>> No.21587050

If y'all hate the modern world so much why won't you gather together and go live in communes away from civilization like hippies did?

>> No.21587154

>>21586962
yeah these are the type of people to look negative on what was normal 20 years ago, like life is supposed to change based on a human's lifetime. they can't process things on a large scale.
>>21587050
because gathering together and creating a commune won't make the government suddenly allow you to not pay taxes or steal natural resources, they will still intervene.
>like hippies did
hippies were consumerist faggots

>> No.21587161

i just realised Gork is an ork deity in the warhammer 40k universe, which sort of makes sense, but in that vain Tzeentch would be more fitting " Tzeentch, also known as the "Changer of Ways," the "Lord of Change," "Lord of Sorcery," and the "Architect of Fate," among many other names and titles, is the Chaos God of change, evolution, mutation, intrigue, ambition, knowledge, sorcery, destiny, lies and trickery. Tzeentch is especially empowered by the desire for change and ambition for advancement among mortals.

>> No.21587218
File: 141 KB, 736x1105, naomieharris.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21580579
I would say Ted K and Ellul cover 99% of the bases. Truth is, it's not Capitalism's fault, nor Communismーit's settled life. Have you ever read the story of the Tongan castaways? Or the Chilean earthquake survivors? Imagine our entire society collapsed, and you found a group of 5-10 other people. Would you not bond with them to an incredible degree? Would it not make your life feel deeply meaningful, struggling against all of nature with just a few people on your side?

I like to think of 28 Days Later. Imagine if the protagonist were racist, would he refuse to join Naomie Harris' character? Probably not. And if their alliance lasted, he would eventually forget racism because "black people" as a whole don't really exist anymore - it's just her - and he likes her. All social divisions would be effectively erased, all the baggage is swept away. Doesn't that sound amazing?

Well, this "survival scenario" is what we're genetically designed for. That's what life is supposed to be like. So rather than despairing of a societal collapse, I actually yearn for it. It's the only way any of us may know what it's like to really be alive.

>> No.21587384

>>21583569
When you truly start interacting with people you realize how true this meme is

>> No.21587409

>>21587218
Very good commentary. I agree with you. I also think a lot of the abuses of women, like misogyny in the strictest sense, is a result of mass society. Small tribes of people that grew up together and require eachother for mutual survival are not going to grievously exploit one another. Society is such a corrupting influence.

>> No.21587457

>>21587218
>>21587409
Pentti Linkola links most modern problems with overpopulation - which allows shit like democracy to be sustainable

>> No.21587608
File: 43 KB, 1187x636, DunbarsNumber.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21587457
Once a society surpasses Dunbar's number, it becomes impossible to know each person in the community, so we create hierarchies to mediate this which is the origin of alienation. Humans in nature tend toward "anarchism" and collective decision making, structure is only sought out of necessity.

What bolsters this idea is that the more people you introduce into a group, the more likely it becomes that it will fracture. When you have, say, 6 dudes, how likely is it that they get into a massive argument and split into 2 groups of 3? The odds are pretty tiny. But if you have a group of several hundred? Way higher. At that point you've lost the intrinsic coordination humans have in small groups, hierarchy is necessary. The people know one another less well so mistrust and doubt may begin to form. The intrinsic feeling of value one has as a member of a small group slowly fades.

>Dunbar has argued that 150 would be the mean group size only for communities with a very high incentive to remain together. For a group of this size to remain cohesive, Dunbar speculated that as much as 42% of the group's time would have to be devoted to social grooming. Correspondingly, only groups under intense survival pressure,[citation needed] such as subsistence villages, nomadic tribes, and historical military groupings, have, on average, achieved the 150-member mark.
Basically as soon as you surpass ~200 people your group starts to fall apart

>> No.21588083

>>21587218
It's very that in a scenario of collapse, things such as racism would melt during the many years of crisis. But I think it's very likely that, after many decades when people start to organize in tribes/communes, the sentiments of Us vs. Them would arise again. (My kin, my tribe, my religion, my values, my race etc.)
But obviously that in a post-apocalypse scenario, as Varg Vikernes pointed out, there would be a natural selection happening again.
Not many black people would remain surviving in Sweden three or four generations after the collapse due their vitamin D deficiency. Not many white people would survive in South Africa or Brazil due their intolerance to heat and UV rays.
Things would be oddly restored to what it was.

>> No.21588116

>>21587409
These days I was thinking of something that my teacher said when I was in junior high school. It was something like "in the times of the cavemen, men would beat women in order to have a night with them"
Well, this is bullshit and all you need is to observe primates like Chimps. In the Chimp society, whenever a male member decides to commit rape, he ends up shunned by the alpha male, beaten nearly to death. This is because there are some rules about living in a community. You don't harm others and go unpunished.

It's much easier to do harm and go unpunished in our current society because people don't have communities. They will be trialed by a judge that doesn't know the victim or the perp, public indignation cannot result in shunning because that's a crime.
When you think of those small medieval cities putting people in a racket for being thieves doesn't sound that bad when you consider that most people knew the perp and knew the victim, and their sense of justice was much more straight-forward. They had this idea of purifying their society from people who did not comply with the values.

>> No.21588145

>>21588083
>But I think it's very likely that, after many decades when people start to organize in tribes/communes, the sentiments of Us vs. Them would arise again. (My kin, my tribe, my religion, my values, my race etc.)
Humans desire a "Them" because it makes "Us" feel more meaningful. In Montaigne's essay on the Brazilian natives, he describes his fascination upon hearing how two tribes of Indians would go to war every so often. Each time, a huge fraction of both sides would die, those who were captured would be tortured brutally, and yet the torture victims maintained some air of grace and dignity, they would not protest, they found it honorable to die in this way and to dodge it would be the greatest shame, worse than death.

We are accustomed to viewing war as a bad thing, but perhaps the constant war of early humanity is some kind of evolution: Once we conquered nature and no longer viewed survival as the existential threat, we found gratification in moving this "Us vs Them" mindset toward other groups of humans.

And is it any coincidence that the first period of global world peace is accompanied by everyone asking themselves, "Is life meaningless?". No, we ourselves removed everything that made it feel meaningful.

>> No.21588188

>>21588145
For those indians in Brazil, war was more like a ritual. There is a description of how the Tupinambas treated captives from war, in which the final goal was the cannibalistic ritual:

>In the routine wars between the tribes, the victory of one of them guaranteed the right to devour one of the warriors of the enemy tribe. The prisoner was taken to the village and forced to parade in front of the people while everyone threatened him, announcing his death.
>The execution could take almost a year to happen. Meanwhile, the prisoner was very well treated, fed and even given a wife. When the day of his death approached, the neighboring tribes were invited to the great ritual
>When the day arrived, the prisoner and the one chosen to be the executioner were decorated with strong and bright colors. After being immobilized, the prisoner's head was smashed. His body was cleaned, cooked in large pots and enjoyed by those present. This whole ritual was intended to avenge relatives and friends killed during the war and at the same time embody the warrior virtues of the dead man. Eating the meat of a warrior from an enemy tribe, after a war, had a mystical meaning rooted in the culture of the Amerindian peoples

So the tribes had this sense of otherness, they kept themselves separated and not mixing, even tho they were from the same ethnic group.
However, there were tribes of different ethnic groups, such as the Waitaka, the Tupi people's would avoid them and probably have serious conflicts with these "barbarians"

War can have many meanings, in primitive society, war is almost like a sport to solve petty disputes, it was seen as a noble event and served a social purpose. I believe that this is the historical origin of sports, especially the way it was practiced in Hellas. The Greeks would solve their disputes of superiority in the Olympic games rather than sacrificing lives in the battlefield. If we observe modern day English hooligans, we will see that Football Hooliganism is a form of tribalism.

>> No.21588205

>>21588145
Like Nietzsche I'd say Christianity is too blame for that. The principle of coversion, universality, "blessed be the weak" and that kind of shit, it was kind of a proto-leftism

>> No.21588211

>>21588188
It would be interesting to do a study and see if rates of depression and life dissatisfaction are lower among sports fans

>> No.21588266

>>21588211
It would be a great research subject indeed. Important to mention that Hooliganism is an old phenomena and we can see examples of it in Rome and Byzantium.
It feels like when people are part of a larger crowd and no longer feel attached to a community, they resource identity to such fields. The sociologist Michel Maffesoli studied this phenomena of identity groups arising in the heterogeneous megalopolis, he defined it as "urban tribes", and it applies not only to hooligans, but also punks, goths, headbangers, hippies, etc. It's a phenomena of searching for a community within a system that doesn't provide communitarian belonging.

>> No.21588293
File: 1.78 MB, 498x245, pepe-apu-raincoat-rain.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Discussing the ails of our society with you guys is really nice and find. But I just want it to be over, bros.
Why can't it simply crash and burn so my children can live in a comfy communitarian village, raising sheep and eating ripe apples from the yard?

>> No.21588318

>>21588293
the thing is even the system crashes you don't know how the result will look like

>> No.21588334

>>21588318
Anything but living in a cramped apartment would do. Although I live in a house, I know the following generations won't have the same privilege.

>> No.21588348
File: 1.06 MB, 2160x3840, 20230111_120803.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yay anon

Nows the time for you to learn about gnosticism and 'the black iron prison'

which is where we exist

Read valis by Philip k dick

>> No.21588364

>>21588348
gnosticism is cringe because it implies duality

>> No.21588390

>>21588364
So do Samkhya and Zoroastrianism but you can still read them and appreciate their rich philosophical and cosmographical speculations, no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater

>> No.21588480

>>21588390
if their starting point is wrong then everything else falls apart

>> No.21588583

saving this thread to read again and again.

>>21584533
>>21584540
>>21584287
>>21584104
>>21580579
>>21584175
some particularly insightful posts in this thread IMO.

I definitely agree with you OP, I find that I have felt more disjointed and disconnected from others at an increasing rate. This has accelerated from 2020.

I'm only 26, and the more I learn, listen, and read,the more I realise I don't know. I overhear colleagues and people my age talking about andrew tate, what's in the news, kobe dying, etc. To be honest, I don't really care about that. Your comment about astronauts rings a bell true to me.

When was the last time I heard something positive about firemen, policemen, lawyers? I live next to a fire station and not once have I had more than a brief conversation with them. Do they know that their work is appreciated, and commendable?

I continually think back to Galt's Gulch in Atlas Shrugged. You continuously hear that there is a shortage of talent everywhere. I see it in my job, in my wife's, with my friends. Where has all the talent gone? Have our tasks really become that much harder than in the past? Surely with advanced technology, improved code, well-educated graduates, work should be easier and more efficient.

I'm rambling at this point, but thank you OP for sharing a sentiment I have been feeling but haven't been able to describe.

>> No.21589656

>>21584996
that doesn't change the fact my labour is being exploited nor my will to fight it

>> No.21589664

>>21588583
huh?

>> No.21589685

>>21585021
you're mindbroken from a life of alienation and resentment... your paranoiac fantasy is only a cope for your vapid existence coded and structured by spectacle, you have no passion, you have no will, you have no love, only the all-encompassing sadness left in the trail of our long-gone hope for the new day. you could be meant for so much more if you didn't turn on yourself, the world, and the people who you share the universe with. we are meant for so much better

>> No.21589730

>>21585513
>I'm from South Korea. That's why I cannot speak English properly. I may make some grammar mistakes.
Hey man it's me again. Your English is pretty good. It's the "y'all" that I took umbrage with my dawg. I'm from the Southern USA and I have seen the word "y'all" ripped from its humble home in the red southern soil and placed in the stinking mouths of naive ideologues who speak without accents and hope to be "citizens of the globe" while patronizing the rest of us about what's right and wrong. I would cut off the tongues and fingers of every goddamn rootless twitterite that says or types "y'all" if I was a better man.
Anyway, enjoy your day

>> No.21589742

>>21586473
HA checkmate my man. You got me!
Also godDAMN your picrel is one of the best basedjacksons I've ever seen, very kek.

>> No.21589769
File: 2.72 MB, 240x234, joker5.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21589685
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
you wouldnt survive 2 days with the convenience provided to you by modern society. you are a naive retard with zero skills or knowledge about anything that actually matters or is important. eat your goyslop and consume next product and sfu you stupid worthless cunt

>> No.21589772

>>21588293
>But I just want it to be over, bros.
>Why can't it simply crash and burn so my children can live in a comfy communitarian village
Better to just put those things in the back of your mind for now. Now is the time of struggle and striving, my friend. I doubt it's ending anytime soon so don't let yourself be haunted by these dreams. Stay strong and stay intelligent and keep learning

>> No.21589778

____~__

>> No.21589804
File: 831 KB, 830x2732, HitlerOnCommunism.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21589685
>your paranoiac fantasy
NTA but isn't Marxism completely built upon the foundation of Marxists claiming there is a conspiracy by capitalists to exploit their labor? Didn't you just say exactly that here >>21589656. So it;s fine to call them "capitalists" but calling them Jews -which they are is a "paranoid fantasy?"

>let's solve the problems the Jews created with the "solution" they gave us!

You people really are mentally retarded or you are just scheming kike. I am not sure which is worse.

>> No.21589813

>>21589772
You are right. I think I'm saddened because I lost my job last week and I don't have perspectives of getting a new one. Unemployment is high where I live.

Any kind of hope seems far away.
But if I am not to live a good life and will probably spend the following decades skipping between shitty jobs (I am trying to get better things, but it will take time and success is not guaranteed), then I can dedicate my life to something greater than me, creating a better world for the generations to come.

>> No.21589818

>>21589804
>NTA but isn't Marxism completely built upon the foundation of Marxists claiming there is a conspiracy by capitalists to exploit their labor?
NTA either but my understanding of Marxism is that it's not a conspiracy necessarily as much is it's built into the systems of capitalism. It's not a bunch of businessmen sitting together and scheming as much as it's just a product of inertia and necessity. This lack of a concrete "bad guy" is part of what makes it so difficult to cure too.

>> No.21589824

>>21589818
But it is a Jewish conspiracy and this a fact. The only people that deny it do through nefarious purposes or because they are ignorant. Coporatocracies (which the Marxists refer to as "Capitalism" is not a free market system, it is a centralized economy, ie Communism

>> No.21589826

>>21589813
>You are right. I think I'm saddened because I lost my job last week and I don't have perspectives of getting a new one. Unemployment is high where I live.
>Any kind of hope seems far away.
You are in hard times. I can see that. I don't have anything else for you, but I love you my brother and I hope you are able to find the means to stay above water and take care of you and your people, and I hope too that you are able to show more people the light.

>> No.21589839

>>21589813
I am a currency trader. I can teach you how to make money if you are interested

>> No.21589853

>>21589804
arguing with a moron only proves there are two

>> No.21589855

>>21589839
not that anon but you got a discord or something? I'm kind of interested and am barely employed myself.

>> No.21589865

>>21589855
TYVmVSr

>> No.21589872

/lit/ - where schizophrenic neonazi daytraders and unabomber enthusiasts become friends

>> No.21589884

>>21589872
lovely little crossroads for the feds ;)

>> No.21589888

>>21589872
>schizophrenic
what they call you when they cant prove you wrong. my mental health and IQ makes you like a literal retard in every conceivable metric know to man

>> No.21589920

>>21589888
>what they call you when they cant prove you wrong
There's a lot of truth to this but it's also something a schizo would say.
The line between genius and cuckoo nutter is sometimes a very tight one. Although I will also say most schizophrenics I've met, and it hasn't been many, do not seem particularly intelligent. They just think about shit differently and obsess over very particular subjects which sometimes makes people think they're displaying huge smarts instead of expressing delusions and world salad and weird words they picked up somewhere.
What do you think about all the shit I just typed, anon?

>> No.21589937

>>21589920
There is no mistaking a schizo if you ever truly meet one. There is no mistaking anyone with a mental disorder because the things they say and do are illogical and counter productive. I have never said anything that is illogical and never will. So it exposes those who dont know or understand this and psueds or shills

>> No.21589947

>>21589855
>shills
which this faggot probably is since he left when he saw it is in actual trading server and not the /pol/ "nazi" forum he thought he could report and get shut down. Probably a JIDF kike

>> No.21589958

>>21589947
ruh roh you got me!
nah man I left because I looked at it and realized "no this is too complicated and there's too many people and I do not have the time or the intelligence for all this"
don't be so paranoid

>> No.21589962

>>21589958
sure buddy. I know how you kikes operate

>> No.21589969

>>21589962
would you feel better if I told you I am actually a Jew?

>> No.21589975

>>21589969
I know who and what you are. You sit on the web all day trying to indoctrinate the goy into your kike communism and report threads and posts here of anyone exposing you. You do it on facebook and twitter and jewtube too. I know exactly who and what you are and how you operate I read mein kampf in 1995 Chaim.

>> No.21589983
File: 157 KB, 260x338, he doesn't listen to them.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21589975
picrel is for you, Don Quixote

>> No.21589996
File: 90 KB, 886x862, braids.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21589983
A new day is dawning. Glad you keep your sense of humor. You are gonna need it

>> No.21590027

>>21589996
Hey buddy if your right to say the N word gets restored, will that stop you from shooting up the DMV?

>> No.21590032

>>21590027
how many palestianian children did you murder today?

>> No.21590058

>>21590032
-Goehring was fat and weird looking
-Goebbels was weird looking and insane
-Himmler was a Chinaman and he never told anybody, but everybody could tell
-Old Adolf was an addled drug addict who constantly chimped out so he couldn't hear smarter people "gaslighting" him into thinking twice about his beliefs
The figureheads of your ideology couldn't even stay true to their own ideals

>> No.21590065
File: 203 KB, 1366x550, takeyourmedsschizo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21590058
>A jew calling someone weird looking or insane
The Jew always reveals his hand to the patient man. Whatever he accuses you of is his own plan

>> No.21590067

>>21589826
Thank you, brother. Knowing that there are still some wholesome people out there keep my last reserves of hope alive. And I appreciate your wholesomeness.
I will do what I can to take care of those around me, and I will try to invest the talents left on my responsibility in the best way I can.
"What man is a man who does not make the world a better place?"

>> No.21590079
File: 50 KB, 850x400, eliot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21590067
>"What man is a man who does not make the world a better place?"
OH OH I know this one! He is a Jew!

>> No.21590087

>>21590065
The Nazi larper sees the Yid in every shadow, every crack in every door. Sometimes he even sees him in the mirror at night looking back at him when he's brushing his teeth getting ready to climb into bed with mother. He keeps his loaded pistol under his pillow and his hunting knife close at hand (even though his Messiah didn't want people to own guns). In the night he bursts awake in cold sweats swearing he could hear the trumpets of Zion in his sleep. There is no place where he cannot hear them, and sometimes he drops to his knees and screams till his throat tears in places
"He's with us now. I can feel it."

>> No.21590093
File: 29 KB, 457x450, tumor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21590087
>The wise sees the Yid in every shadow, every crack in every door where he hides like the parasite he is waiting for his next victim
FTFY

>> No.21590099
File: 136 KB, 331x449, kshatriya.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21590087
>Messiah
I am guessing you think I follow your kike desert nonsense? HAHAHAHA, kneel before krishna kike, the true name of God you shivaite parasite

>> No.21590101

>>21590093
Hey I'm owning you right now, Penismensch
my condolences to your family

>> No.21590111
File: 1002 KB, 500x200, wrench.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21590101
wrap my ass cheeks around yor face and suck a wet fart outta my ass and savor the flavor. I give you permission to own that. Keep your hands off my dick skin you demonic pedophile

>> No.21590112

>>21590099
Sir! Please sir! You are fucking oh my god! I am pisswallah, sir, bring you piss from my own ass! I am charging 200 dollars sir please sir oh my god

(that picture does have undeniable power though, if I'm being honest)

>> No.21590148
File: 75 KB, 561x650, GloryOfRome2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21590112
btw while we are speaking of messiahs how is Bar Kokhba these days? Is he with you now? Shame he wsnt when you needed him HAHAHHA. Remember kids Jews always project their own fears, insecurities and degeneracy

>> No.21590153

>>21590148
>Bar Kokhba
can you tell me who that is
(I'm not googling it. You tell me)

>> No.21590280

>>21589813
Live simply, don't value yourself through material comparison, find love. A job can be rewarding or just lucrative, but its only one piece of the puzzle, and you never get all the pieces anyway.
I'm sure you can find some work to get by for now. I've changed careers a few times now, losing one isn't the end of things.
Good luck anon.

>> No.21590317

>>21588583
>where's the talent
I don't know if humans were ever that capable on average.
I think there's something about modernity that depresses true talent: we don't deal directly with the physical world so much now. There are physical jobs, but those are mostly on rails so to speak. Dealing with raw physics and materials, without a blueprint or engineer standing over your shoulder, really forces you to think, and constantly tests your output with hard physics - brainfart on how to build a barn: it falls over, you talk your way out of it or hide the collapse on next quarter's reports.
With white collar work, there's always layers of bs stacked on, smokescreens and lawyertalk and shifting numbers and fault around. It engenders a different skillset.
Between the changed nature of work (out of nature and its harsh grading), and an education system that mostly values rote memorization and repetitive paperwork, a lot of people just never have to really think or test themselves.
Its all cerebral but our best strengths are in our wisdom and the bio-ML of the world through trial and error, which we've mostly lost to "book smarts" and systemized thought. We learn through closed systems, we learn to always think in these complicated little boxes we've made and written down.

Also right now there's been a huge shift in the economy and a lot of the true talent has shifted out of a lot of jobs and into growth industries, so a lot of people not in those are complaining about a lack of talent.
Also with all the monetary stimulus the labor markets are just very overheated and job openings are well in excess of available candidates, but that's getting into economics and outside the scope here.

>> No.21590318

>>21580579
Hey buddy, it’s the Jews, really.

>> No.21590542
File: 25 KB, 197x303, 197px-Colossal_octopus_by_Pierre_Denys_de_Montfort[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Right now an algorithm has tagged every single IP address in this thread and placed them in a category of "potential deviants."
Even if you're just lurking, the malware pre-installed on your motherboard, and the web browser you're using are all analyzing the text on your screen and feeding it yo this algorithm.
You are now being key logged, tracked, monitored, and categorized as a threat.
They will induce more subliminal messaging into the advertisements you see on the computer.
They will use the news and media to make your friends, family and coworkers associate you with "dangerous psychopaths, and unwell schizophrenics."
Soon, if certain "nudges" don't correct you they will send someone to intervene, whether it be a cop, a crackhead, a criminal, a doctor, or whoever, they ill take action against you.
It will most likely be something to either debilitate you physically such as staging a car wreck to critically injure you, poison your water supply to give you a severe illness, or have some drunk fuck maliciously attack you, or they will choose to socially discredit and stigmatize you using deep-fakes, accusations, fake messages, and hacked e-mails
This thing is an organism, It has a natural will and desire to survive, propagate and continue it's own existence. it feeds and subsists of psuedo-slavery, and control.
You are a minor germ that got under the first layer of its skin. It will send antibodies to remove you.
It will get worse before it gets better

>> No.21590699

>>21590542
maybe you. I am on linux using brave with a firewall that only lets packets I approve in or out loser

>> No.21590725
File: 3.94 MB, 528x359, glowing tyberium.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21590542
>they will send antibodies to remove you.

My brother in Satan, I am here on duty.

>> No.21590878

>>21590542
you are expecting too much from some nepotistic apes. touch grass

>> No.21591292

>>21590087
>larper
That's kinda rich coming from a khazarian larping as an Israeli isn't it? Kek fucking Jews

>> No.21591437

>>21589865
Invite is dead, any hope of a new one?

>> No.21591446
File: 190 KB, 880x1360, B9386669-5CF8-4673-8140-A93CBFF45F56.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21580579
Pic related is a series of articles about how the system toy describe utilizes your desire to rebel to further its own growth and control. Pretty good shit for you to keep in mind going forward. My only advice is pirate all the materials you draw from (libgen has a pdf of pic related for free).

>> No.21591450

>>21591446
*toy was supposed to be "that you". I don't really know how that happened.

>> No.21591455

>>21590542
if anything this is what the system wants you to think. fear enslaves, does it not?

see >>21584175

>> No.21591475

>>21582474
>>21582257
>>21582474
A "strong" interpretation of ISaiF (and especially the concepts of surrogate process and autonomy) is ultimately bugmen autism, which >>21582234 gave a good dressing down.

A "weak" interpretation of ISaiF that (you) argue for is literally just Marxism, but told through an aspie filter.

>> No.21591489

>>21583151
>>21583175
>the individual has effectively no power, influence, or autonomy. How? All of your actions and nearly everything that happens to you is dictated by events entirely outside of your control
>The utter irrelevance of the individual human [in nature] is staggering and nigh-inexpressible
>[nature is] a system that does not develop according to human desire, will, or need. It develops according to mathematical rules
>[nature] will no longer require humans for any function whatsoever
>When such a time comes, [nature] will no longer require humans for any function whatsoever. At that point, the small locations where [nature] has "transcended" the requirement to support human matter will outgrow those that do, and the areas where humans reduce the efficiency of the system will not be able to compete. Humans will simply [go extinct as billions of species before them] as they are replaced by more efficient [survivors].
Ummmm...

>> No.21591492

>>21591489
I'm guessing you didn't fare well in school.

>> No.21591500

>>21591455
This relies on an outdated paradigm. We're in a transition towards a system in which repression isn't necessary. When repressed, there is a disconnect between internal desires and external action, and this tension naturally results in the desire for revolution which would jeopardise the system. With the advent of the new paradigm, enabled by big data and etc, the average persons mind is shaped just enough that they have no real desire to rebel, when the system wants to implement a change, subtle manipulation can make it just popular enough that it passes, while maintaining some illusion that it was the will of the people, or obscure that it even happened at all. If you would like to learn more, Psychopolitics (2017) by Byung-Chul Han is available for free on Internet Archive, and it's a short read.

>> No.21591515

>>21591492
I'm just confused by how Industrial Society is supposed to be this new strange anomalous thing that emerged just 150 years ago, which also happens to be described entirely with characteristics that fit pre-Industrial human existence as well.

It makes it seem like that anon projects the qualities of human individuality (in other words, humanizes) on the entirety pre-Industrial world order, and that informs his understanding of Kaczynski: "industrial society is inhuman and dehumanizing, this means that what is not industrial society would naturally be human and humanizing".

>> No.21591523
File: 248 KB, 1200x1829, the-republic-64.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21591500
>With the advent of the new paradigm, enabled by big data and etc, the average persons mind is shaped just enough that they have no real desire to rebel, when the system wants to implement a change, subtle manipulation can make it just popular enough that it passes, while maintaining some illusion that it was the will of the people
What, again?

>> No.21591558

>>21591515
One of the issues Kaczynski raises is that humans are at the whim of much larger forces and have far less control over their own autonomy than ever before in history. But we've always been at the whim of forces we can't control, right? I'll admit that when I first read Kaczynski, this was my first objection. The problem is manifold; industrial society DOES have problems entirely exclusive to it, which are outlined elsewhere in this thread, but as far as marginalization of the individual goes, it's actually rather easy to understand. First, Kaczynski specifically addresses your complaint:
>68. It may be objected that primitive man is physically less secure than modern man, as is shown by his shorter life expectancy; hence modern man suffers from less, not more than the amount of insecurity that is normal for human beings. But psychological security does not closely correspond with physical security. What makes us FEEL secure is not so much objective security as a sense of confidence in our ability to take care of ourselves. Primitive man, threatened by a fierce animal or by hunger, can fight in self-defense or travel in search of food. He has no certainty of success in these efforts, but he is by no means helpless against the things that threaten him. The modern individual on the other hand is threatened by many things against which he is helpless: nuclear accidents, carcinogens in food, environmental pollution, war, increasing taxes, invasion of his privacy by large organizations, nationwide social or economic phenomena that may disrupt his way of life.
>69. It is true that primitive man is powerless against some of the things that threaten him; disease for example. But he can accept the risk of disease stoically. It is part of the nature of things, it is no one’s fault, unless it is the fault of some imaginary, impersonal demon. But threats to the modern individual tend to be MAN-MADE. They are not the results of chance but are IMPOSED on him by other persons whose decisions he, as an individual, is unable to influence. Consequently he feels frustrated, humiliated and angry.
>70. Thus primitive man for the most part has his security in his own hands (either as an individual or as a member of a SMALL group) whereas the security of modern man is in the hands of persons or organizations that are too remote or too large for him to be able personally to influence them. So modern man’s drive for security tends to fall into groups 1 and 3; in some areas (food, shelter etc.) his security is assured at the cost of only trivial effort, whereas in other areas he CANNOT attain security. (The foregoing greatly simplifies the real situation, but it does indicate in a rough, general way how the condition of modern man differs from that of primitive man.)

>> No.21591567

>>21591515
>>21591558
In the previous chapter, he notes that some of the problems we experience in modern society were present in pre-industrial societies, but of course (as I'm sure you'll agree) industrial society gives humans the ability to exacerbate these issues:
>45. Any of the foregoing symptoms can occur in any society, but in modern industrial society they are present on a massive scale. We aren’t the first to mention that the world today seems to be going crazy. This sort of thing is not normal for human societies. There is good reason to believe that primitive man suffered from less stress and frustration and was better satisfied with his way of life than modern man is. It is true that not all was sweetness and light in primitive societies. Abuse of women was common among the Australian aborigines, transexuality was fairly common among some of the American Indian tribes. But it does appear that GENERALLY SPEAKING the kinds of problems that we have listed in the preceding paragraph were far less common among primitive peoples than they are in modern society.
>46. We attribute the social and psychological problems of modern society to the fact that that society requires people to live under conditions radically different from those under which the human race evolved and to behave in ways that conflict with the patterns of behavior that the human race developed while living under the earlier conditions. It is clear from what we have already written that we consider lack of opportunity to properly experience the power process as the most important of the abnormal conditions to which modern society subjects people. But it is not the only one. Before dealing with disruption of the power process as a source of social problems we will discuss some of the other sources.
>47. Among the abnormal conditions present in modern industrial society are excessive density of population, isolation of man from nature, excessive rapidity of social change and the breakdown of natural small-scale communities such as the extended family, the village or the tribe.

>> No.21591582

>>21591515
While humans in the past were also subject to natural phenomenon, most of their threats were easily identified and addressed. A bear? Fight or flight. A murderer? Fight or flight. Are you cold? Make a fire or get out of the breeze. Even disease was something that was tangible. But modern humans have to contend with the same natural disasters, yet they also have amorphous, difficult to define problems that are impossible for the individual to address. What does the individual do about nuclear annihilation? It may give him the same instinctual reaction to fight or flee, but he cannot in any way meaningfully combat this threat. Many of the threats a human faces today might be "less likely" or "not as immediately threatening", but the psychological effect is just as real and just as immediate-- yet they cannot run, and they cannot fight back in any meaningful way.

>> No.21591606

holy fucking shit thread, wtf guys

>> No.21591617

>>21591606
OP mentioned one of the two forbidden words (T*d K*czynski).

>> No.21591649

>>21591558
>>21591582
>The problem is manifold; industrial society DOES have problems entirely exclusive to it, which are outlined elsewhere in this thread
I know. I didn't say that Kaczynski is wrong specifically about this - I said that this anon's understanding of Kaczynski is wrong.

>> No.21591654

>>21591649
That anon was me. O_______o

>> No.21591668

>>21591654
dear god :OOOOO

>:( )

>> No.21591672

>>21580579
>had an insightful little mushroom trip
no you didnt.

You just attached very particular conotations to things you apreciated so you created a very specific view of things that then self reinforce a general sentiment by selection bias rather than a truly wholistic one.

>> No.21591677

>>21591672
if youve ever taken shrooms you'll know its a hell of a lot easier to think wholisticly, without ego getting in the way, objectively than it is sober

>> No.21591680

>>21591672
no you

>> No.21591704
File: 175 KB, 460x460, akshually.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21591672
JFC you couldnt be anymore of a pretentious psued fart sniffer if you spent the rest of your life practicing

>> No.21591706 [DELETED] 

op here should i make another thread?

>> No.21591710

>>21591706
yeah

>> No.21591714

>>21591706
lurk more

>> No.21591717

thought threads autosaged at 250 apparently not, so its whatevah

>> No.21591731
File: 144 KB, 2282x1096, npc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21580579
are we all NPCs? we all are getting manipulated and controlled at the same time

look at the google trends for Ted Kaczynski

>> No.21591736

>>21591731
:O

>> No.21591738
File: 1.15 MB, 1916x1442, npc2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21580579
and then this guy upload this video on the same day

>> No.21591761

>>21580579
"A very short introduction to economics"
Here's an easy to access and neutral introduction to what "capitalism" is.
Trips can be very insightful but sometimes they get confused as to what are the source of the emotions or what is the exact meaning of things.

>> No.21591765
File: 31 KB, 1152x465, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21591731
actually not an insignificant spike... revolution happening or the system playing us like fiddles? incorporating even the most staunch and aggressive counter culture into its many tentacled grasp? will we see Ted Kaczynski funko pops soon? advertiser-friendly video essays about the anti-tech revolution? is this the final splash in the tidal wave of commodifcation? what counter culture is there if not Ted?

>> No.21591787

>>21591761
Its also on libgen

>> No.21591791

>>21591677
>you'll know its a hell of a lot easier to think wholisticly, without ego getting in the way
no, its easier to FEEL wholistic.
>>21591680
ok
>>21591704
ok

>> No.21591793

>>21585615
>describes a supervenience relation couched in his own retarded reductive terms and pretends that because he did it in his own retarded reductive terms then what supervenes on it is also wrong
If anything is to be taken from this thread, it is that too few posters start with the greeks. The amount of completely facile misunderstandings stemming from not knowing the most basic philosphical distinctions - that's not only seen in end-in-itself vs. means-end, which "stop-liking-what-I-don't-like" anon used pretty well to shit on Kaczynski, but in your case, it is something even more remarkable, in that you reiterate PRECISELY the EXACT same line of Anaxagorean thought that Socrates shits on in the fucking Phaedo. You can't even be originally retarded, you're retarded in way that was shat on 2500 years ago in the most entry-tier and foundational book of western thought.
Start with the greeks. It's not a meme, it is a precondition for participation.

>> No.21591808

Bunch of fucking incels. 99% of normal humans just want to be able to live off their jobs, have sex, be in love, make enough money to have some savings, buy a house, maybe buy a car, travel, have some time to develop hobbies, maybe have some kids, enjoy pleasures once in a while like a nice drink, a nice meal, read some good books, watch movies/tv shows. And that's it, all you schizos are just outliers

>> No.21591842

>>21591765
the commodifcation of counter culture. it's another very powerful tool of the system. any movement that opposes the system sooner or later becomes part of the system. i believe this happened to the 'soft socialists' too, they assumed they were fighting the system, but before they knew it they were entrapped in it, like quicksand, fighting fighting fighting against... who? where did the enemy go? who were we supposed to rebel against again? oh the white middle class 'racists'? and then you have division again. they forget the core message of their belief. this is what i mean by ethereal shifting enemy. it constantly moves and any counter culture that exists just gets commodified, branded, incorporated into the systems grasp.

counter culture is NOWHERE to be found, over the last 10 years or so, any movement that held up any sort of mirror to the system. trying to attack it at its core (vaporwave comes to mind and its criticism of consumerism) has fell short and simply become another commodity of the system. the essential message of vaporwave was forgotten and only an empty shell of aesthetic and brand remained. i.e pink and purple lines, 'retro vibes', countless advertiser-friendly youtube channels with dozens of synth compilations. not a smidge of anti-capitalistic narrative remained.

i seriously would not be surprised if the anti-tech 'revolution' followed the same story. originally a very solid, foundational idea fighting against the system, it clearly identifies an enemy (focused on fighting technological advance in this case) but as soon as the movement grows to any scale, the core message will be stripped away and only a barren fascimile will remain. download Mail Bomber gameapp today, use code 'Kaczynskilover132' to get 1000 free spins and get a golden bomb.

the system has weapons against revolutions, that what i meant that it's so unfightable. any 'revolution' that grows to scale simply does not work. the enemy is everywhere, the enemy is fellow people, the enemy is an invisible force pervading throughout every human being and every institution with human beings in it.

you can tell very easily the people in this thread that realize the complexity and enormity of our enemy and who doesn't.

>> No.21591866

>>21591808
if you think in our current system 99% of people have the financial freedom to do all these things you have to start looking around, friend. i agree that that's all what people want, but in todays system and definitely the system of tomorrow not even half these things will be possible.

>> No.21591882

>>21591842
this >>21591446

>> No.21591883

>>21591808
>dude are you unhappy, live a meaningless existence, don't have sex, and can't buy a house, and don't have any money to do anything?!?! WELL MOST PEOPLE WANT TO DO THAT SO YOU'RE ENTIRE COMPLAINT IS BTFO
bro are you retarded or something?

>> No.21591890

>>21591882
thank you my friend, it's on my to-read list, will delve into it

>> No.21591894

>>21591866
There's nothing in this thread about financial burdens, it's just schizos babbling about Teddy K and TECH=BAD

>> No.21591898

>>21591808
What people want is largely dictated by the system they live in. You said it yourself, people want to be able to live off of their income and be able to put some money aside, but those things are irrelevant in a different system (say one that doesn't rely on currency). Your post has no bearing on the conversation at hand. Lurk more.

>> No.21591927

>>21591898
>What people want is largely dictated by the system they live in
The system that people created. You, and many other people ITT seem to imply the "system" was created by something else

>> No.21591937

>>21591894
they are 100% linked together, technology, domination over the masses (financially or psychologically) are integral parts of the system you and i are part of. >>21583175 explains it well. the systems sole purpose is GROWTH. and the more it grows, the less human beings will have. we already see plenty of it today. our purchasing power is going down day by day. a middle class man in america could do all the things you describe. now the middle class family with 2 individuals working struggles financially. i don't know much about economics, but it's silly to say that there's no difference in our financial freedom now compared to 50 years ago.

the bottom line is that the more that this inhuman leviathan/gork grows the less freedom humans will have. whether that be financially, politically, psychologically whatever. "indignities" like Ted says. you might not like Ted, but there's power in that word, pure indignities on the human race. of course people are satisfied with not so much, but the system will grow and grow until what you consider "not so much" will be an inhumanly little amount. bugs for food. 4mx4m meter living compartments. psychological suffering. this is not the reality for a lot of people today, but this system has no means of slowing down or stopping. in the future, even the most accomplished human will live like the lowliest chinaman today.

>> No.21591948

>>21591927
Did I creat the system? Did you? I understand that men created the system. But what kind of men? Those like the average man? Or those drunk on their newfound ability to control said average man? If the answer is something like the later then is there a better system to be created? You act like most people are just fine with the way things are but if that were the case why would anyone ever vote or go to town meetings or participate in governance at all?

>> No.21591952

>>21591937
and connect this with how every new "advancement" becomes mandatory. like the car, like the computer and now the smartphone. Next you will need the smartphone to enter your own house, and to open the fridge, unless you say some racist things in your home and your phone hears you, uh oh you can't open the fridge anymore bucko.

>> No.21591954

AI is finally taking off and no breaks from now on, add to that all of our other problems and then next 10 or 15 years are going to be literal Hell. This is it, we're done. The question is, was it inevitable? Was it our nature? Were antinatalists right?

>> No.21591961

>>21591954
>Were antinatalists right?
this is a non-issue. People think in the short-term advantage and that's how natural selection happens. If you don't have kids other people will and they will have control, all you achieve is your lineage dying.

>> No.21591962

>>21591948
He doesn't even remotely understand. You're wasting way too much time on a retard.

>> No.21591974

>>21591765
>actually not an insignificant spike

actually....actually it is a significant spike for two reasons. Within the last 5 years, it is the second-biggest search

also, we know why it trended in 2020 but why is it trending now?

>> No.21591978

>>21591974
wasn't there a new movie about Ted or something?

>> No.21591983

What happens, happens. If we're meant to go extinct, so be it. Nature always wins, if the elites want to enslave us and just live as disgusting hedonists how long do you think they will last? Like 5 years longer than the last slave at best. If AI is going to destroy humanity, it's going to destroy ALL humanity, or do you think it's going to spare some old fat fucks? If you actually think you can fight this you're in for a rough ride.

>> No.21591994

>>21591983
>So you should lay down and take it
pussy

>> No.21592005

>>21591994
Brother if you wanted to start the uprising I'd follow you to the end of the planet, but you won't

>> No.21592014

>>21591983
it's not something inevitable. some people are theorizing about peak oil and what will happen then. You're saying nature always wins like we're not also part of nature, actions have reactions and it's completely possible that humans realise by pure necessity that we need to stop technological advancement past a certain point.. of course billions will die in any of these scenarios.

>> No.21592016

>>21592005
I'll do what ever I can. But I don't want some defeatist coward like you associated with my efforts. Im sure as shit not going to go on the internet to tell strangers its hopeless like some dog cunt.

>> No.21592032

>>21592014
The massive declining birth rates guarantee that peak oil is not happening

>> No.21592056
File: 608 KB, 1200x1200, pJxo8HAHdzuwMu7Z6JJ8YKMcb7-lrWNCFt7UbDvBrYo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21592032
massive declining birth rate? Children of Men incoming?

>> No.21592067

>>21592056
No, we'll hit 9 billion in a few decades

>> No.21592094

>>21580579
based gorkposter

>> No.21592145
File: 26 KB, 538x570, images (13).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21591983
>>21592014
>>21592032
>>21592056
First, AI won't destroy humanity because that Skynet shit is unlikely as much as the so called Paperclip Maximizer.

The peak oil anon is partially right, but it's not only peak oil, fertilizer scarcity is more likely since we are getting near a point that the fertilizing industry is not picking up with the food industry. It's important to notice that, if we run out of fertilizers, we go back to the standards prior to the green revolution and we won't be able to feed 8 billion people. Energy crisis are not exclusive of industrial societies as I pointed out in >>21584198, any complex civilization will end up depending on a number of resources that will go scares, and if we can learn something with Rome and other civilizations is that it usually takes 50 years from a powerful society to go from its zenith to the rock bottom, and energy has to do with it, since prosperous time might cause overconsumption and lack of preoccupation with the reserves of each resource.
In any case, I recommend you guys to research on pic related, since it gives a lot of insights. As I've written in another thread, even if Peak Oil doesn't materialize, we might reach peak pollution, a much more dangerous fate...
>>21591108

Currently, resources such as oil, gas, fertilizers, certain metals used in batteries etc. are being use without much consideration for their availability. It often happens that we still have plentiful of these materials, but they often happen to be within borders of governments that know very well the value of these products as they are not willing to sell it away for a dime (Russia is the prime example of it). So, it's likely that we will have more wars over resources.
With this said, I can affirm. Things will get a lot worse before they improve.

>> No.21592156
File: 721 KB, 1242x1210, 5F3C507A-157A-4F20-B2CC-8A27A34A42E2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21592145
>that Skynet shit is unlikely

>> No.21592250

>>21592156
Big if true. Source pls.

>> No.21592306

>>21592250
https://www.cell.com/matter/fulltext/S2590-2385(22)00693-2?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS2590238522006932%3Fshowall%3Dtrue

All it took was a google search "robot that melts and reforms" and a hyper link click.

>> No.21592331
File: 172 KB, 2294x1320, npc3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21591978
so you think that people are confusing the movie "Ted" by searching for "Ted Kaczynski"

>> No.21592343

>>21580579
Take something else, like ayahuasca. Save this thread and read it back to yourself afterward.

I've had similar thoughts without psychedelics. I'm not going to make any assumptions about you but anon, this is not a productive way of thinking.

Don't educate yourself using text written by people who lived through societal strife in their time, it will only depress you. Live and adapt to the now. Keep a journal and keep your wits.

All that delving into those old texts will do is drive you mad or depress you further which will make tripping on anything worse if that matters to you.

Uplift yourself instead.

>> No.21592397 [DELETED] 

>>21592343
we're not living in societal strife this very moment? i appreciate the concern, but look around you. if you truly believe this is a time of prosperity and complete human wellbeing... i don't know what to say to you. i might've sounded a bit too pessimistic in that first post and i appreciate your compassion. i'm uplifting myself by learning. and i will heed your advice of living and adapting to the now by learning. if you have any more up-to-date sources of information on our current system, please share

>> No.21592434

>>21592343
this is not a time of societal strife? everythings hunky dory? cmon son

>> No.21592443

>>21592331
or it could be the Count Dankula's youtube video on Ted that sparked interest in his ideas. Anyway it doesn't make any sense for someone to fake interest in his writings don't you think? The media never talks about his writings but his personal life because they want normies to not take his ideas seriously and that's why they never engage with his ideas and they don't bother to censor it because that would produce more interest for the public.

>> No.21592455

>>21592397
>>21592434

>we're not living in societal strife this very moment? i appreciate the concern, but look around you. if you truly believe this is a time of prosperity and complete human wellbeing... i don't know what to say to you

We are anons. That's why it's very important to focus on the now and the lessons we can learn from the present. Reading about the past will help you make connections to present day events but won't further you very much.

You have the ability to change things for the positive in your direct environment/community. This is much more valuable than any old knowledge.

As for sources on our current system it's better to speak with others about them and derive knowledge from their experiences or mindset.You're on 4chan so I'm assuming you know how to sift through trolls and bad elements online if that's how you choose to find discourse.

That said, I'll keep an eye out for any readings I come across that might be of interest.

>> No.21592471
File: 999 KB, 300x149, Recapitulacao-do-final-da-temporada-de-Foundation-Till-the-Break.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21592306
Interesting, but it says matter and not robot.

Anyway, the concern with AI destruction is basically three:
>An autonomous program goes rogue and obliterates humans.
This is the typical Skynet/War Games fiction. In my opinion it's unlikely since it depends on humans leaving strategic weapons of mass destruction in the hands of a single centralized system of AI. That's not impossible but incredibly stupid.
>Artificial intelligence develops artificial conscience
It's not the same as the first, since here we are talking about existentialist machines and not complex programs fulfilling a protocol. That's the case for fiction such as The Matrix where machines feel "le oppressed" and revolt against humanity. It was already discussed if machines can become self-conscious and not many people believe it likely.
>Paperclip Maximizer
Basically a machine does not gain consciousness or go rogue while trying to solve a complex scenario. This is the case of a machine that keeps doing something and it's trained to learn to do this something better each time. Imagine it's a machine that makes paperclips. It will start mining materials to make paperclips, and it will hey better at it, so better that it might start using biological and even humans to go on making paperclips, not ever going aware that it's destroying the creators. It's silly since it would imply on a machine that never goes out of energy and has no fail-safes.

The problem with AI is none of this. The very problem resides in who controls the AI. We are already being enslaved by AI, since big tech is reducing humans to data, and you are becoming less like a human and more like a data since AI can collect information about your behavior, ideas and dreams and will probably lay this information in the hands of someone else. Think of Rehoboam in the 3rd season of the tv show "Westworld"

That's going on right now in the real world

So, all of these fables are not concerning as what Harari named "Dataism" (in which, his opinion is "a good thing")

>> No.21592504

>>21592455
People believe they're living in the years before the collapse, anon. It's just natural to get anxious and start questioning everything.

>> No.21592608
File: 212 KB, 906x1024, dq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.21593009

problems i've noticed in real life

division & cultural solitude: widespread immigration across most developed nations has caused national and cultural homogeinity. along with algorithmic solitude, this results in people banding together less and less. culture used to bind us together, christianity and its death are a perfect example of this. a healthy society believes and grows in the same unified direction. your fellow human being walking the street has as much in common with you culturally as a houseplant.

lack of financial freedom: our purchasing power decreases year after year. the system requires more and more from us. see the housing crisis and increased cost of living. overpopulation and an inequality in capital lies at the root of this i believe. i've noticed it's become a struggle for young adults to survive, let alone live. this constant pressure to make enough money to survive doesn't allow for free time to do anything else. of course a population that's constantly worried about the next paycheck isn't going to read chomsky or educate themselves or just LIVE and DO things, learn to play the cello like that one dude in this thread, just do things.
as a result, capital gain has become our new god, whether people realize it or not. is it any surprise that the richest men in the world are also the most famous? is the trend of crypto and trading among young men really a surprise? how many people cling to get rich quick schemes (which are as prevalant as ever btw) in hope for freedom. the carrot of freedom dangled in front of a whole species

breaking down of healthy biological roles: men are increasingly pushed to be weaker and more feminine and subservient. women are increasingly pushed to take on the role of men (see drastic increase of women in the workforce) the traditional biological, healthy roles of individuals is being turned on its head. look at the signifcant rise of yound adults opting to change gender or question gender roles. a healthy society would not see its individuals question something as base as sex. if you think this is limited to the internet btw, go to any festival or college campus, it's surprisingly prevalant.

lack of proper education: a good way to look at the health of a society is to look at its children, no? they're the future. children are being informationally constrained and inundated by entertainment from the moment they step out of the cradle. see children knowing about the mcdonalds logo and 'subscribers' better than history or nature. boredom is the mother of creation. a population constantly entertained won't have drive or incentive to do anything else. see the advent of pornography and the resulting highest rate of virginity.

this is mostly rambling. i have no figures to back this up, but my instincts tells me its right. and i believe it's better to ramble with instict and openness than to stay quiet with a fear of criticism. feel free to tear these observations down and ramble aswell

>> No.21593072

>>21593009
Christianity made people weak, stupid and forget their roots.

>> No.21593084

>>21593009
>boredom is the mother of creation
I miss day dreaming in school, looking at power lines move in the car, watching a spider build its spiderweb. I miss waiting for someone to fall asleep at a sleepover.

How can I possibly guarantee a similar life for my future kids? My wife and I are apalled by ipad kids. At the restaurant, ipad kid. Walking through central london, ipad attachment to the buggy (the kid looked older than 5). On the airplane, ipad kid.

I want to get out of the city, we're saving as much as we can. I can't afford to buy a house in bumfuck nowhere and homestead. I feel like I succumb to this so called gork you describe.

>> No.21593166

>>21593009
The people who caused all this have a face and a name. You need to take out 4 or 5 of them, I mean publicly execute them. That's the only way they'll understand and the only way to fight back. It should have never gotten this bad, but here we are

>> No.21593341

>>21593166
that's the thing though, see >>21584104 you kill 5 of them, 5 more will take their place. an infinitely headed hydra of pure machine growth. an invisible spreading miasma of capital gain. i'm of the believe that no human institution is orchestrating this (i might be wrong about this though) i'm all for guillotines, but i don't think they would have the same impact as they did in france.

>> No.21593582

>>21593341
I'm not spreading my butt cheeks and taking it like a fucking goy, there's always something to do

>> No.21594367

>>21593582
that is the fucking spirit though my boy, i love to see it

>> No.21594471

>>21591808
>Bunch of fucking incels.
Just call them what they are, you faggot: millennials. Millennials who can't cope with the fact they missed out. Time to get over it, losers.

>> No.21594474
File: 595 KB, 647x1031, 4chan in a Nutshell.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21590087

>> No.21594477

>>21587384
>When you truly start interacting with people you realize how true this meme is
Really? Because I've met quite a lot of people who aren't all that bad. Your superiority complex is showing. May want to fix that before pretending the "TFW NO GF D00D" schlockfest called 4chan is any better lol