[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 995 KB, 730x999, 2BC9FC79-5D5E-40AD-897D-8739711CDC74.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21536142 No.21536142 [Reply] [Original]

If you're at all familiar with Canadian culture as an American, Englishman, or are a Canadian yourself reading this you'll notice we are not really a country. I don't mean that as a meme, but we really have become Justin Trudeaus "post national state." Nothing to me can seem more abhorrent and depressing that Canada is such a divided cultural mosaic that we have embraced the such an idea. The Japanese have a deep rich history of honour, sacrifice, the samurai, hundreds of years behind them. The germans with their chivalrous shining knights in armour, what does Canada have? Can you even define what a Canadian is? They can be a French Metis acadian in Newfoundland or Nova Scotia, a native living in the slum that is the Duncan reserve on Vancouver island. They could be a chinaman who's forefathers built the rail roads. An Indian with his meaningless bachelor degree working at a phone case kiosk at some no name mall. I've been to every province in this country and I don't see a country, I see a scattered, broken people with nothing binding them together, a government that preaches reconciliation with the indigenous population while in the same breath giving their tax dollars to Quebec as bribery to not secede. I hate this country. I hate this country and everything about it, but I don't want to. Are there any books that describe this sort of feeling? A feeling of having no real home, no self, no culture?

>> No.21536163

>>21536142
Shut up faggot.

>> No.21536175

Everything other than Maritime culture is certifiably not-Canada

>> No.21536177
File: 6 KB, 220x229, 1608503914775.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21536142
imagine living in a country not a war or in extreme poverty and have such an interiority complex. I hope when you die, you'll be reborn into some shitty african country and actually have real problems

>> No.21536208

Read Lament for a Nation by George Grant and watch some of Grant's interviews on Youtube. Also read about Northrop Frye's concept of a "bunker nation." Canada was always a test subject for Tavistock social engineering because it has the political seriousness of a flyover state full of farmers and old folks but the bland childish progressivism and wannabe European nanny statism of California. It's the ideal place for social engineering, lots of docile citizens who will roll over and play dead while you install the NWO behavioral controls on their testicles. Any places that aren't already drinking the koolaid are too small to do anything about it. Or they're so desperate for a seat at the big boys table that they'll sell out every last bit of their own distinctness and sovereignty to become "modern" by the latest WEF definition of the term. Like Quebec, Vancouver, and Halifax. The west is owned by China and the east is a dumping ground for midwit Sikhs Arabs and other poos. Just let it die and resettle it again with real humans after the collapse. Most of the poos and bugs will probably leave for the same reasons they came, skittering away like bugs in a burning building to somewhere with slightly better gibs. The rest will die because they have no useful skills and live exclusively in commuter cities, they can't farm and they couldn't even relocate cross country without commercial transport and government assistance. Just let it die. Even if you have to give it fifty or a hundred years you can always just resettle it again. Those big beautiful prairies and mosquito bogs will always be there. It will become a new frontier again. The bugs will fade away.

>> No.21536222
File: 12 KB, 264x191, images.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

English Canada was always little USA because you are descendants of the same stock as Americans. You are just English.

Quebec is not a divided cultural mosaic and the Quebecois are proud nationalists. Les tetes carees mangent du gros caca qui pue lol

>> No.21536228

>>21536222
Montreal would be the worst city in the country if not for Vancouver.

>> No.21536240

>>21536228
Quebec city is the best city in the country though.

>> No.21536262

Canada in decay by Duchesne. He's not a great writer but does have the deets. Otherwise you're completely right Canada is a fairly fake country living on borrowed time and exists as a historical relic. The best thing that could possibly happen is Alberta cedes, everyone with integrity moves there, and it in turn joins the states. Ours is a medicore country and a damned population

>> No.21536270

Canada is based, especially Vancouver. Fuck the reactionaries.

>> No.21536274

>>21536175
Welfare collecting hands typed this post

>> No.21536277

>>21536270
>t. pays close to half his income on rent and wastes the other half on weed
Why are the apartments so expensive, Zang?

>> No.21536279

>>21536262
Duchesne is the guy who got fucked out of tenure by writing race realism stuff right? He writes for Counter Currents sometimes

>> No.21536284
File: 21 KB, 400x400, GreenBastardMask_400x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21536274
thanks for contributing, wagie
now if you'll excuse me, the deliveryman is here with my untaxed gray market weed

>> No.21536289

>>21536277
It's not perfect, but at least I'm not likely to get shot at the grocery store. And it's less expensive than Europe.
>>21536284
God bless.

>> No.21536294

>>21536279
I didn't follow the drama but it was something like that. He runs the council of eur0 Canadians which is fairly high profile in natty circles for Canada

>> No.21536305

>>21536294
Is there even a radical right in Canada? Is it like 5 guys in a garage?

>> No.21536310

>>21536305
the white parts of alberta are like cold texas

>> No.21536329

>>21536305
The Canadian far right spends most of their time talking about US politics, same as most other political subcultures in Canada lel
Examples: Gavin McHomo and the pride parade boys, Lauren Southern, Bald le not an argument man, etc

>> No.21536333

I have Two Solitudes on my reading list but haven't gotten to it yet.

"How could French-Canadians--the only real Canadians--feel loyalty to a people who had conquered and humiliated them, and were Protestant anyway? France herself was no better; she had deserted her Canadians a century and a half ago, had left them in the snow and ice along the Saint Lawrence surrounded by their enemies, had later murdered her anointed king and turned atheist. Father Beaubien had no fondness for the Germans and no wish for them to win the war; he knew nothing whatever about them. But he certainly knew that if a people deserted God they were punished for it, and France was being punished now."

>> No.21536334

>>21536305
There's quebecfags reading nouvelle droite stuff but they are vastly outnumbered by antifascist types.

>> No.21536341

>>21536305
Basically none high profile or they're unheard of. We had Faith g0ldy, another guy who goes as the raging d1ssident who the feeds started targeting, a couple of inconsequential natty student movements, no-name youtubers, and the actual flashy group in Quebec which I'm pretty sure got doxxed. Soldiers of 0din.... Prof Johnson. The c0vid protestors were basically harmless alt health boomers. Despite this canada apparently ranks as having a very high proportion of neon's and similarly affiliated people. In terms of an effective anything the answer is no. Some interesting things happened with the her1tage front back in the 80's if memory serves

>> No.21536385

>>21536142
Not really, sorry but that kind of thing died in the 1950s or earlier. Read Robertson Davies to see what Canadian culture was like back then. It's completely dead now, just an economic zone. Also no Chinese Canadians have ancestors who built the railways, they all made money and went back to China. It was just a job.

>>21536175
The trashification of the Maritimes is quite extensive by now unfortunately. Frankly even 40 years ago it was pretty gritty but there was still some residual bourgeois values left.

>> No.21536410

>he doesn't eat tourtiere for Christmas

>he never watched passe-partout or la petite vie or fanfreluche

>he doesn't listen to Dan Bigras

>his ancestors weren't coureurs des bois running all over the forests impregnating pretty squaws

>He doesn't celebrate la Saint Jean Baptiste (June 24) or read a Quebecois book day (August 12)

>He never went to the juste pour rire festival or the Montreal Jazz festival

>he still calls himself Canadian

KEK

>> No.21536420

>>21536410
juste pour rire gages convinced me quebecois are demonic monkeys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeTexWCTC6k
they do this wild wacky over-emoting thing that really creeps me out. all their commercials are like that too

>> No.21536422

>>21536410
>province literally subsists on handouts

>> No.21536437
File: 106 KB, 500x688, Couv_115547.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

For real though, it's very weird to me how Quebec and France get tons of nationalist media like pic related but the entire Anglosphere seems to think their own people have no culture. White Americans and Australians seem to feel just like OP.

>> No.21536445

>>21536410
I'm Acadienne
checkm8

>> No.21536542

>>21536437
"White culture" isn't homogenous, instead it's a large mix of many subcultures.

>> No.21536551

>>21536437
The French are not white bt.w

>> No.21536992

>>21536542
Every place has a dominant culture and in former anglo colonies, it is always derived from English culture. Even atheists with no English blood act like protestants in America.

>> No.21537076

>>21536289
Vancouver is a slum with some of the highest crime rates in all of Canada, get the fuck out of my thread you larping chink nigger, stay in your shithole you Indians fucking stink every time I walk by you all smell of putrid shit, if you do come here and move to Vancouver I sincerely hope a homeless man stabs you with his HIV positive needle and rapes your mouth

>> No.21537082

>>21536333
Holy unfathomably based. I wish the English never fucking came here and Canada was a French speaking nation. It would've helped keep out the Chinese and paki's

>> No.21537140
File: 996 KB, 3000x1900, boardwalk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Culture in general has stopped developing since the advent of TV. The new vector is pop culture -- that was the trade. Viewed at large, nationalism is just the brief phase preceding globalism. So it kinda makes sense the Anglosphere is considered rootless, we were just born, finally starting to develop our own culture, and then modernity came and stopped it dead in its tracks.

In a big way, this authentic culture was the spring-board for pop culture. American media of the early 20th c. was an interesting blend: You had the authentic, real-world culture filled with idioms, history, traditional songs, & beliefs next to the new stuff which was separate from IRL but was really cool and flashy. Then the new stuff won.

I think Pynchon has a good grasp on what American culture used to be like, really fun and light-hearted stuff. Not sure about Canadian culture but I'm sure something existed. Whether pop culture is worth the death of regional culture is a question we should be asking ourselves. Though I think here the answer for most people will be obvious.

>> No.21537154

>>21537076
You sound very sheltered. Vancouver has its problems for sure, but being white in this city is like being a king. And most of it is very safe. I don't live in Vancouver proper anyways so I'm good.

>> No.21537183

>>21537140
(cont.) I also wanna add one hallmark of regional culture which doesn't carry over into pop culture so well is that it's uplifting. A feeling of warmth and unity exists in stuff born organically from some culture. It's happy, life-affirming, and brings you closer to the people around you. They tried to replicate this feeling in sitcoms but it felt disingenuous.

Authentic culture survives only because it's genuine - it resonates with people or makes them laugh. My mom tells me about all the idioms her parents used to use like "The devil is beating his wife" when it rains while it's sunny out. I never forgot that one because it's funny. Maybe I just like authentic culture because it's allowed to mean something - to form around a certain world view. Internet memes are like the opposite, they're not actually allowed to mean anything.

>> No.21537207

>>21537154
>I don’t live in Vancouver proper
Then you don’t live in Vancouver and you lied. The greater area of Vancouver is not so bad for crime but the greater area feels like a soulless, depressed husk. People seem very unhappy there

>> No.21537211

>>21537207
>projecting
It's better than anywhere else in Canada.

>> No.21537213
File: 145 KB, 728x554, crossover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21537140
>So it kinda makes sense the Anglosphere is considered rootless, we were just born, finally starting to develop our own culture, and then modernity came and stopped it dead in its tracks.
This is exactly my response when people say that white people have no culture. It's because the modern world is white culture, and it's a globalist culture which has transcended its progenitor. You best start believing in white culture... you're living in it!

I'm fascinated by old TV because it's a window into the past, the real America, whereas late TV is just a reflection of itself. The history of TV itself was a transformation from traditional culture into globalized culture.

I'm also reminded of the realization people had around 5 years ago about why modern movies were starting to suck... It's because Hollywood was no longer making movies for Americans. They started making movies for China, India, Brazil, and so on. People started noticing how the English language itself in movies was being simplified and voided of idioms because they were now being made for people who don't speak English.

>> No.21537242

>>21537211
maybe if you're a homeless fentanyl addicted murderer looking for kindred spirits

>> No.21537259
File: 177 KB, 810x608, 507D0F64-2637-4A2E-BAF1-D27B0B4E3AE6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21537211
>better than anywhere else in Canada
>highest cost of living in the country
>the fentanyl and homeless capital of Canada
>99% of GVA is suburban waste land
>some of the lowest wages for the most respected professions such as software engineers, plumbers, etc compared to other cities
>instead of getting drugs off the street you retards built a chandelier for them

You need to be over 18 to post here bud

>> No.21537301

>>21536142
If it makes you feel better the entire Anglosphere is going the same way just at different rates. You merely got hit the hardest because of proximity to the Americans and the low cultural output of Britain which wasn't enough to sustain the pseudo-British-Canadian composite which was the accepted norm.

>> No.21537431

>>21536341
That was a honeypot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8CQ6pjKaJ8

>> No.21537905

>>21536142
https://xroads.virginia.edu/~DRBR2/kroker.html
>...between Trudeau and McLuhan a parallel project was in the making: on Trudeau's part (Federalism and the French-Canadians) a political challenge against the "obsolete" world of ethnicity (and thus nationalism) in Quebec and an invitation to Quebec to join the technological (rational) society of North America; and on McLuhan's part, an epistemological and then moral decision to join in the feast of corporate advantages spread out by the masters of the empire. The common trajectories traced by Trudeau's technocratic politics and by McLuhan's sense of technological utopia reveals, powerfully so, the importance of the Catholic touch in Canadian politics and letters; just as much as it reflects, that for the empire at least, Catholicism is, indeed, intimate with the "central cultural discoveries" of the modern age. Moreover, the very existence of a "McLuhan" or a "Trudeau" as the locus of the Canadian discourse discloses the indelible character of Canada, not just as a witness to empire, but, perhaps, as a radical experiment in the working out of the intellectual and political basis of the technological imagination in North America. Canada is, and has always been, the most modern of the New World societies; because the character of its colonialism, of its domination of the land by technologies of communication, and of its imposition of an "abstract nation" upon a divergent population by a fully technological polity, has made of it a leading expression of technological liberalism in North America.

>> No.21537910

>>21536222
>Quebec is not a divided cultural mosaic and the Quebecois are proud nationalists
Quebec nationalism ironically only works within the Canadian federation. If Quebec joined the American revolution it would of been successfully absorbed into the larger Anglo culture like happened everywhere there e.g. Louisiana. If Quebec separated from Canada the new government (which nationalists are always vague about) would have to drop all the autism on culture and language laws to survive alone.

>>21536262
>The best thing that could possibly happen is Alberta cedes, everyone with integrity moves there, and it in turn joins the states
How would becoming a territory of America improve things in Alberta and do you seriously think congress would grant statehood when politically under a two party system Alberta would basically be solidly blue? Not to mention Canadian provinces can be stronger in theory than American states in terms of sovereignty. If you're looking at being governed as a protectorate of America for a better future you're really nihilistic or haven't examined trends in America to closely.

>>21536341
You're really understating things. The Zundel trial really kicked off the international "holocaust denial" movement in the 80s, every international far right fringe element developed Canadian links during that period. Also most of the big retards (Pooperson, Molyneux, etc) were cultural exports. Same thing with the left, anarcho-kiddies, second wave feminism legalization, slut walk, etc were all here. Basically everything retarded under examination comes in for a Canadian connection

>> No.21538262

>>21536142
Aren't there any books about hockey and Tim Hortons?

>> No.21538430

>>21538262
For me it's Canadian Tire

>> No.21538435
File: 462 KB, 650x839, canadian tire.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21538430

>> No.21538441

>>21538262
Have you listened to our national epic, Hit Somebody?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUb0C0iI_GE

Also if you want to hear the most Canadian accent ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3DV8_s7lo8

>> No.21538463

>>21536551
Truest statement in this thread

>> No.21538858

>>21536142
In Pierre Berton's War of 1812, he theorizes that had the Brits just fucking cooled it and focused on their side of the ocean, Canada would've eventually been consensually absorbed by the States. Too much bad blood after the War and the beginning of Canadians defining themselves as "not-American".

Canada will balkanize within the next century so this conversation will be moot, Alberta and Quebec are pulling in opposite directions. It's unsustainable how pozzed this "country" is.

>> No.21538875

>>21537910
What do canucks thing about peterson?

>> No.21538878

>>21536177
I have spoken with Rwandans who unironcially have more pride in their country than the average Canadian has in theirs. 40% of this economic zone posing as a nation is poos and chinks who could not give a shit about Canada anyway, they'll jump to the next prosperous white nation as soon as they overwhelm the infrastructure.

>> No.21538883

>>21538875
Same thing Americans think of Ben Shapiro, it's no wonder they are at the same company now

>> No.21538912

>>21537076
Based and redpilled

>> No.21538917

>>21538878
Pride in one's country and social alienation are inversely proportional

>> No.21538936

>>21537140
>he thinks TV shows are the same everywhere

Quebec has always had a ton of TV shows made by the Quebecois for the Quebecois. TV there is a mishmash of Quebecois shows, shows from France and dubs of American shows (but those are a minority and shitty anyways).

Video related:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aGfBDH6XrIE

Cute Quebecois mice angloniggers have never heard of.

>> No.21538981
File: 19 KB, 245x406, PaperbackCoverofBearbyMarianEngel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Canadian culture is making passionate love to wild animals. Picture related

>> No.21539706

>>21536142
>The germans with their chivalrous shining knights in armour

And the Canadians with their early explorers?
Why the fuck are you lamenting because you can't play country football with random archetypes picked out from your nation's history?

It does not affect you. It's that meme of sitting around on your bed daydreaming and blushing. Do you think Germans and Japanese do this shit? No - they're working, fucking, and sleeping with the occasionally holiday break off every quarter.

>> No.21540202

>>21536142
The Conservatives under Harper tried hard to establish a Canadian national identity as one defined by military achievements in the name of the British Empire. They tried to make toughness, fair play and tenacity hallmarks of Canadian identity based on the conduct of Canadian personnel in the world wars and as peace keepers. But it was really just grasping at straws when the empire had already long since fallen apart and the UK drifted increasingly into irrelevance.

>> No.21540209

>>21539706
>Do you think Germans and Japanese do this shit?
no because being pacified by the US twice will turn you into obedient little droids. let them work to work, and fuck to fuck, and take a break for the sake of doing anything else - you're right, why should I care if they don't have the cranial capacity to dream?

>> No.21540336

>>21536262
The latest edition which is april of 2021 on Black House Publishing

>> No.21540346

>>21536305
I don think so. There's only the centre right.

>> No.21540353

>>21536142
Newfoundland is not apart of canada.

You leaf faggots rigged the election in late 1940s

>> No.21540512

>>21536305
Even the trucktards openly oppose racism. They protested weekly outside Ontario's legislature, in an extremely FOB Asian mask-wearing part of Toronto, and there didn't seem to be any incidents.

>> No.21540647

>>21540346
Really just a centre.

>> No.21540716

>>21540647
Pretty much. Canada's far right hasn't been a thing since the 1930s to 50s

>> No.21540826

>>21540512
The Quebecois say racist stuff all the time and Haitians from North Montreal are crying about systemic racism because they keep getting arrested for gangbanging.

>> No.21540948

>>21537259
>respected professions
>software engineers and plumbers

lol, lmao even

>> No.21541213

>>21540209
>to dream

Damn man...I cannot DRVEM...my culture...has fallen...

>> No.21541793

I read the North American High Tory tradition by Ron Dart. It's a pretty good explanation of how Canada became the bastion of Toryism in the Anglo world, far exceeding anything that came out of England. Dart basically says that it's dead now and that all anglo culture in Canada has been dissolved. SAD!

>> No.21541865

>>21536142
You are part of the problem.

>> No.21541867

>>21536222
>proud civic nationalists
ftfy

>> No.21542065

>>21537905
Lot of words to say jack shit

>> No.21542087

The United Empire Loyalists is am interesting long form essay about Canada's founding Anglo stock.

That said, "Canadian" is synonymous with French North American, so I don't really get the Anglo chauvanism that's encountered here sometimes, as though we don't all wear tucques and eat tourtiere and dream of being homme d'bois.

Canada is the absurdity of being a country of ex-catholic latines and mestizos but also located on the periphery of the Anglo empires and larping as stuff lipped Englishmen

>> No.21542107

I'd tell you to stop being a fag but, you're clearly too far gone. Culture isn't just having some medieval myth as your history

>> No.21542497
File: 3.70 MB, 2753x2753, 20230115_161322.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a fairly large collection of books on New France and early Canadian history. Fascinating

>> No.21542529

>>21536142
I'm glad other leafs feel this way, my friends call me retarded when I bring this up. Kinda weird you mentioned Duncan specifically though, are you from the island as well?

>> No.21543386

>>21542529
I spent 4ish years there as a teenager. Lived in chemainus, Ladysmith, Nanaimo and if we were traveling we often had to run through Duncan, my dad also worked there a few times. Drunken Duncan is still a phrase drilled into my head lol

>> No.21543416

>>21543386
Duncan disorderly

>> No.21543472

In order to love Canada today, you must hate what she has become

>> No.21543717

>>21536222
>English Canada was always little USA because you are descendants of the same stock as Americans. You are just English.
This isn't even a meme. Anglophone Canada was literally founded by American Loyalists leaving the USA because they fought for Britain in 1776. It's no wonder Canada has a hard time establishing a distinction between itself and the USA, when they are literal cousins whose sole divider (British Loyalism and Empire) no longer even exists in North America

>> No.21543745

>>21536420
This reminds me of shit I grew up watching in Latin America
Damn, maybe Quebec really is Latin at heart

>> No.21543757
File: 94 KB, 960x960, canadachan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21536437
Anglo-Saxon Protestants unironically "lost" by winning too much. They oppressed and kicked ass for so long that it has become problematic to boast about that and be proud of your genocidal conqueror forefathers. Worst yet, their wealth and cultural dominance caused the whole planet to immigrate to these countries, thereby further diluting any sense of ethnic identity and tight-knit tribalism.
WASPs are the ultimate "victims of your own success".

>> No.21543764

I just read "un homme et son peche"

it was okay

>> No.21543795

>>21540202
>the UK drifted increasingly into irrelevance.
The UK in the 2000s is arguably MORE relevant than it was in the 1960s-80s desu

>> No.21544010

>>21536279
He's a Puerto Rican White Supremacist, super based.

>> No.21544209

>>21536208
While I agree that there's hordes of bugmen in our cities.Lament for a Nation doesn't really decry the neolib multikulti social engineering thing you're talking about.
It's more a polemic about American imperialism and how the LPC acts as their viceroys. Which is all the more prescient with the current reflexive whining about poos and Chinamen buying up our real estate, oil sands and
politicians. Because the Americans have them beat on all fronts.
Anything the foreign hordes are guilty of pale in scope compared to our overlords to the south.

>> No.21544212

>>21543757
That's 25 more rounds than permitted in that magazine. Get in the party van.

>> No.21544272
File: 371 KB, 1200x964, carillon-sacré-coeur.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21536410
Sometimes I almost wish the Anglos had taken the name Borealia for the country. We could've kept our ethnonym like the Acadians did. Instead, we ended up with Quebecois, which is too inclusive a term as it can also include the haitians and jews in Montreal and at the same time too exclusive because the diaspora, those of us whose ancestors left Lower Canada in the 1800s or earlier and settled in Upper Canada and the prairies. We also have French-Canadian which makes us sound like immigrants.
While I'm at it, another name which could be appropriate is Laurentian since our ethnogenesis was on the banks of the St-Laurence. However, it's already tainted by terms like the Laurentian Elite and I only ever heard it to refer the family of dialects that arose along the St-Laurence and spread west (as opposed to Acadians).

Acadianbros, do the francophone blacks/Algerians that the feds send your way call themselves Acadians? I'm sure they send some as they do so in Ontario claiming it helps in the survival of French in Ontario. Even ignoring the race aspect here, they don't speak the same fucking French.

>> No.21544282

Where the fuck is the /lit/ in this thread it's all just bitching about politics

>> No.21544407
File: 35 KB, 463x568, FNwk14HWQAMuqNC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21536262
Alberta secession is the most hilarious meme in history.
The idea of a landlocked country culturally identical to its neighbours that exists purely because of its dying oil industry (which Montana won't allow pipelines to be built for either btw) is a farce.
Alberta could have had a future if, like Norway, they had invested their oil revenue in their sovereign wealth fund instead of plundering it to keep taxes low, but because they kept electing populist conservative morons they now have no plans but to double down on oil until it inevitably gets phased out and then they're screwed. A well-deserved fate, if you ask me.

>> No.21544482
File: 839 KB, 683x1024, CANADITA.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

CANADIAN CULTURE IS HARVESTING MAPLE SYRUP, BREAKING FAST WITH MAPLE SYRUP, DRINKING MAPLE SYRUP BEER, MAKING MAPLE SYRUP WHISKEY, BRUSHING YOUR TEETH WITH MAPLE SYRUP, HIBERNATING, MAKING DOCUMENTARIES ABOUT YOUR LIFE IN THE SNOW, RIDING ELK, GROWING UP TO BE A THESPIAN IN UNHOLYWOOD, BECOMING A «YOUTUBE»/«TIKTOK» COMEDIAN, PRETENDING TO BE WELCOMING OF CHINESE IMMIGRANTS, SMUGGLING LITHIVM OUT OF MEXICO, BEING A SOCIOPOLITCAL EXPERIMENTAL SUBJECT OF WHATEVER ATLANTICISTIC TRIAL RUN HAS BEEN CONCOCTED THIS MONTH, KNEELING BEFORE THE BRITISHER MONARCH, RUNNING ALONG WITH THE UNITEDSTATIAN LORD.

>> No.21544490

>>21544482
You forgot the obsession with Ice Hockey to the point of mania.

>> No.21544525

>>21536177
>extreme poverty
We're quickly heading that way if someone upstairs doesn't turn off the nigger tap.

>> No.21544528

>>21536222
>trois
Vrai. C'est la vie.

>> No.21544542
File: 10 KB, 190x270, 527464039afa1e113325f66eacd63913.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21536329
>far right
>names liberals

>> No.21544556
File: 3.94 MB, 480x270, 1674098935204692.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21538981
I am a wild animal and I'm cumming for that ass

>> No.21545147
File: 923 KB, 1444x734, 1668339983795.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

come home

>> No.21545320
File: 74 KB, 720x1520, 20221216_124955.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What does he read?

>> No.21545327
File: 63 KB, 600x600, i love to oppress.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21536222
>annus mirabilis + 264
>STILL clinging to the delusions of Frenchness
lol

>> No.21545349

>>21536142
Canada is stolen land stupid

>> No.21545787
File: 41 KB, 595x524, map_-_treaties2[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21545349
Only BC, basically everywhere else is covered by treaties. Except Newfoundland where there was the only actual genocide. The Iroquois killed off most of the natives in Quebec, so not our problem.

>> No.21546036

>>21545787
Mohawks and other Iroquois in Quebec and southern Ontario were resettled there by the British after the American war of independence from their home in upstate New York. The Quebecois have lived there for centuries longer than them and they larp that Montreal is stolen Mohawk land

>> No.21546041

>>21546036
Even more ironically, the actual Iroquoians who lived on Montreal and the St Lawrence valley before the French settled it were probably wiped out by constant Mohawk raids on their settlements coupled with European diseases

>> No.21546628

>>21543757
>Anglo-Saxon Protestants
They should be called Norman protestants.

>> No.21546640

>>21546041
>>21546036
>>21545349
>muh stolen land
all land is stolen you fucking retards
>but whatabou-
all of it. No exceptions.

>> No.21546683

>>21546640
Not from your traditional nat soc leanings, moron. Anon cries about volk, it's volk was brutalized into submission hundreds of years ago, there's your answer.

>> No.21546776

>>21546628
Oh my fucking God, who cares. In Canada or the USA, there's no real difference between a Sinclair (Norman name) and a Harrington (English name)

>> No.21546807

>>21546776
>Anglo-Saxon
They got raped by the French then raped the French back and now the French (Quebec) are raping them again. It never ends.

>> No.21547078

>>21546041
The Mohawks apparently deny the existence of the Laurentian Iroquois and claim they were there the whole time. Genocide denial is PC when the red man does it.
https://qcna.qc.ca/news/land-acknowledgements-prompt-ill-informed-backlash-in-quebec-part-2

>> No.21547083
File: 13 KB, 474x266, OIP - 2023-01-19T161636.271.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21546807
>NON STOP ASS RAPE

>> No.21547090
File: 92 KB, 777x652, E5KC5J9WQAchCaS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21547078
that's just their culture

>> No.21547358

>>21536305
>>PPC gets called the 4chan party
>>4chan has never heard of them

>> No.21547396

>>21536142
I feel you op, Canada was only created (as a geographic entity) as the territories that refused to join the American revolution. It was literally created in non-action. It has no culture, no literature, no pride or nationalism. The flag, symbols and monuments are simply there because a country is supposed to have them.

>> No.21547422

>>21536333
That makes me think of the mini Nelson's Column in Montreal, which was paid for by the French catholics of Montreal because they hated Napoleon so much. The hierarchy of who the Quebecois hate is interesting too, because as above, it isn't always the English. They hated revolutionary France more and in 1812 they didn't even remotely want to join the Americans. They hated the English in an abstract sort of way, but most capital E English (royal loyalists after the revolution for example) went to Ontario. The anglos in Quebec were largely Scots for a long time, then later Irish and Italians. They despised the Scots probably more than anyone, had a more complicated relationship with the Irish due to the shared catholicism, and hated (and still hate) the Italians for the organized crime ruining Montreal.

>> No.21547437

>>21547422
>They hated revolutionary France more
It's quite amusing how Quebec went from "ROI ET DIEU" to "Secularism and copying French politics" immediately after 1968

>> No.21547438

>>21539706
>>Doesn't understand the basic human need to feel like they are a part of something

>> No.21547443

I think there is a Canadian identity, but it's pretty superficial and doesn't far go beyond hockey and maple syrup.

>> No.21547451

>>21547396
Outside of Quebec and the maritimes (so pretty much just Ontario back then) it was extremely anglo-empire culturally, and that ended in the 60s with the Great Rebranding. A big part of the reason it feels so nebulous is because it's so recent and is partially top down instead of a totally organic shift. Try reading some Robertson Davies and you can get a feel for first a half of the 20th century Toronto that doesn't exist anymore. Also you fuckers should read him in general, he is so up your respective alleys, but always gets ignored. He helped establish the Stratford festival too, he was a real, he was a real, distinctly Canadian man of letters.

>> No.21547497

>>21547437
Even funnier is how after the Silent Revolution they still hate the French more than almost anyone purely because Parisians visit Quebec and act like smug assholes about how the Quebecois speak. Going back to pre silent revolution, the ultimate irony of Quebec is that they have never been oppressed by anybody as much as they have oppressed themselves. Still, gotta respect their hutzpah. I also envy their ability to actually complain about overwhelming immigration and mostly get away with it.

>> No.21547502

>>21536163
fpbp

>> No.21547519

>>21547078
I would love to understand why we are even engaging cannibals in discussions over culture. Obviously those are the few cultures we are allowed to erase, no?

>> No.21547546

>>21547443
There is a 'Canadian' culture which is deeper than that, but what nobody ever wants to admit is that they share that culture with northern Americans like Minnesotans, Dakotans, etc.
We so often fixate on dividing cultures by national borders that we ignore the fact that they spill over and overlap. It'd be more accurate to say that "Anglophone North Americans from the Midwest and the Prairies" share a culture, which differs from the Anglophones in Dixieland, or the Anglophones in the Maritimes-New England continuum.
British Columbia and Washington-Oregon also form a cultural bubble of their own ofc.

>> No.21547551

>>21547497
>Parisians visit Quebec and act like smug assholes about how the Quebecois speak.
Depends. Truth is most of the time the accent gets good attention, either when we come here or go over. We hate Frenchmen because of how fucking smug they are, and how whore french-canadian women go for French accents. We hate Frenchwomen because they usually lean hard into the tsundere, and they are generally less good a lay than expected given how whore they are.
Also, they tend to think our relationship is closer than it is. Our differences are about as important to us as our commonalities.

>> No.21547572

>>21547551
Right, I had a colleague that worked at the YUL airport and said they had a number code for "smug French dickhead acting like he's in the colonies".

>> No.21547622

>>21536228
>Montreal would be the worst city in the country if not for Vancouver.
You are fucking delusional if you truly believe this. First of all, there is Toronto.
Montreal was dedicated as a psychopomp for all the sins of the Belle Province. The clergy held deep anti-urban sentiments, they had to choose where to put ressources, and in the end since its harder to live a virtuous life in a large city they chose to concentrate on the smaller cities and allow all the faggots to concentrate in Montreal. Keeping parts of Montreal shitty allowed us to turn Quebec City into a paradise where crime is near non-existent.

>> No.21547649

>>21547622
It is kind of brilliant. There's McGill and it's ghetto which because of how post secondary funding works in Quebec subsidizes every other school in the province, and anglo students either move away or learn some French and work for the federal government (I say this as an anglo who went to McGill), basically 100% of immigration goes there, and within that mostly to Montreal North, which can be ignored even if you live in the city, and the Italians never leave Laval or whatever other crap suburb they're stuck in because they live at home till they're 30 and then move a street away from their mothers.

>> No.21547661

>>21547572
>Right, I had a colleague that worked at the YUL airport and said they had a number code for "smug French dickhead acting like he's in the colonies".
Oh 100%. That's probably part of why Frenchmen have such a shit reputation everywhere worldwide, there is something about traveling that turns them into absolute asshole, and they have 0 brakes. Like, everyone can get cranky travelling, right, but usually you have this point where you just realize your laying into someone who is just doing their job, right? They fully embrace that fact and just wanna make your day as fucking miserable as possible on principle.
My aunt married a Frenchman, so we have a lot of his family over all the time. Once a few days have passed and settled a bit about half of them are decent folks. Lazy as fuck, but whatever.

>> No.21547760

>>21547649
Honestly, Montreal isn't even that bad. Sure you'll meet younger millennials which can be fucking insufferable, but they are merely such because UoT is ground zero for the spread of cultural thought-viruses, and Montreal is unfortunately in the cultural orbit of Toronto. McGill people are generally decent too, possibly because they happen to go to the most beautiful university campus there is in the world. Its fucking ridiculous how idyllic that place gets in the summer and fall (also the ropes for the students in the street in winter is badass).
You'll also meet folks of all ages from the rest of the Province who are there for a short while for x or y reason and are absolutely fine folks.
Even the fags are relatively ok. My best friend once brought me to a dinner with a lesbian colleague, turned out it was a party, we were the only two guys with ~15 lesbians, and they were all super cute and not butch at all, and none of them made us feel particularly out of place, it was just a nice evening with a lot of cute girls kissing each other. And fuck they had a nice appartement.
The druggies are pretty bad, but they aren't Vancouver or Winnipeg tier.
The most degenerate faggots I've ever met were from Red Deer, Alberta (although to be fair I've met a lot of really cool folks there) and Vancouver.

>> No.21547771

>>21536142
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_and_the_Canadian_Question

>> No.21547772

>>21537211
Wow.. you really need to leave the city once in a while fruitcake, Vancouver is certainly not the best part of Canada.
>BUT MY HECKING CULTURAL FOOD AND NIGHT LIFE
you are a rube

>> No.21547774

>>21547760
Oh yeah, I lived there for 5 years and am really quite fond of it. The basic fact that it's a city actually built for pedestrians makes it not a bad place to live. At the time my rent was cheap too.

>> No.21547778

>>21547438
You can feel 'a part of something' without glorifying random made-up archetypes and jacking off over romanticised folk stories.

Not sure why OP has so much trouble accepting that he can be 'as Canadian' as the Chinese-Canadian or the Nepalese-Canadian. It seems to solely be based on an inability to accept different cultures (even if they're not gypsy-tier)

>> No.21547794

>>21536142
>are not really a country.
you mean not a real nation. you most definetly are a country.

>> No.21547802

>>21547551
>Also, they tend to think our relationship is closer than it is.
Everyone outside Quebec thinks this, which is hilarious since anyone from North America knows that Quebeckers are redneck as fuck and are distinctly NOT "European" in that sense

>> No.21547815

>>21547622
>>21547649
>>21547760
>>21547774
Are you guys boomers?

>> No.21547826
File: 189 KB, 1280x720, avro arrow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21547778
>Not sure why OP has so much trouble accepting that he can be 'as Canadian' as the Chinese-Canadian or the Nepalese-Canadian. It's because the current cultural zeitgeist makes it trendy to celebrate recent immigrant heritage and culture, but celebrating your own roots as a descendants of European colonists who shot up Injuns and conquered North America is verboten and haram.
Currently, you are only allowed to celebrate your nationalism if it's an 'oppressed one'. Oppressor nationalities, such as a German or an Englishman, are a no-no due to them being associated with genocide and Nazism and so forth.
Because American cultural dominance exported American racialism and hierarchies worldwide, we now live in a situation where a "WASP" man is simply not allowed to be too openly proud about his ancestral origins and his ethno-cultural tribe. Being a white Aussie patriot is associated with shooting Abos, being a white Canadian patriot is associated with... shooting abos, being a white American patriot is associated with lynching black men, etc.
So while a Chinese-Canadian can go "I am proud of being Chinese!" and ask for a Chinese heritage parade in town, where they show off "Chinese" stuf, if an English-Canadian said "I am proud of being Anglo-Saxon!" and asked for a parade featuring General Wolfe or Amherst or some shit like that, everyone would boo and call him Hitler.

>> No.21547828

>>21547551
>>21547802
Never knew there were so many old motherfuckers on /lit/.

>> No.21547837

>>21547826
>where a "WASP" man is simply not allowed to be too openly proud about his ancestral origins and his ethno-cultural tribe.
Good, the eternal Anglo is that way because of his philosemitism. There is no other that more closely imitates the Jew.

>> No.21547838
File: 80 KB, 600x800, MadeleinedeVerchere.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21547778
>You can feel 'a part of something' without glorifying random made-up archetypes and jacking off over romanticised folk stories.
Except a lot of culture is admittedly archetypes and "over-romanticised" folk stories. The Canadian culture is made mostly of the relationships between the British and French settlers, and in some part in both their relationship with the Natives, and then the relationship of those settler folks against the land and the cold.
Everyone else is a footnote. Maybe its a very long fucking footnote, like with the Irish, but its still a goddamn footnote.
Anyway, it doesn't matter what kind of mutt you are, in the end, if you are a decent person and speaks the language of the province you are in without a horrendous accent, you will still rank higher in Canada's social hierarchy than French-Canadians who go to Florida for the winter. There is nothing lower than a Canadian who flees the cold, it is your civic duty to dislike snowbirds.

>> No.21547845

>>21547815
38, so what, gen x ?

>> No.21547847

>>21547815
>>21547828
Not one of them but how old are you? You sound like a teenager.

>> No.21547850

>>21547845
You're an older millenial. The very oldest are like 43 now. Sometimes people use xennial given how you can relate to both a bit culturally.

>> No.21547855

>>21547837
The worst part about the Christianization of Rome is that now we have a permanent class of schizos who are forever obsessed with some random Levantine tribe and have hallucinations about them in every fucking situation

>> No.21547871

>>21547847
>>21547845
I'm mid 20s and you guys sound old as fuck. Are you uneducated? From small towns?

>> No.21547881

>>21547871
>having life experience means you are uneducated
wat

>> No.21547883

>>21547855
Oh so you think it's the greatness of Rome that the Anglos carry? They couldn't be any more different. Romans had honour.

>> No.21547893

>>21547881
>Montreal was dedicated as a psychopomp for all the sins of the Belle Province. The clergy held deep anti-urban sentiments, they had to choose where to put ressources, and in the end since its harder to live a virtuous life in a large city they chose to concentrate on the smaller cities and allow all the faggots to concentrate in Montreal. Keeping parts of Montreal shitty allowed us to turn Quebec City into a paradise where crime is near non-existent.
Ultimate Christcuck. Fucking boomer go to AA Church meeting.

>> No.21547895
File: 1.26 MB, 1440x1421, 1644747113096.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21547838
>French-Canadians who go to Florida for the winter. There is nothing lower than a Canadian who flees the cold, it is your civic duty to dislike snowbirds.

I thought they went to those islands in the Carribean that was proposed to join Canada?

>>21547826
I think there is quite a distinction between saying 'I'm proud to be Canadian' and 'I'm proud of what my ancestors did to the aboriginals'. I don't know about you, but I'm sure in general society the two are not part-and-parcel.

It'd be the same with the Chinese-Canadians: a Lunar New Year march is a bit different from them walking down the street in Communist garbs shouting for the death of imperialist nations.

Reminds me how in Boston they have those 'Irish-American' marches where people dress up and openly flaunt their 1/8th genetic lineage.

>> No.21547898
File: 655 KB, 1600x1600, aniceday.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21547871
>Are you uneducated?
How the fuck did you get there?
>From small towns?
Yes, although that is very obviously a good thing...

>> No.21547907

>>21547898
>>From small towns?
>Yes, although that is very obviously a good thing...
Obviously not, you sound like a fucking faggot.

>> No.21547914
File: 540 KB, 2560x1280, 7534687829.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is where 99% of people from small towns end up. Ortho larpers are here too.

>> No.21547916

>>21547914
What am I looking at here exactly?

>> No.21547917

>>21547895
>I thought they went to those islands in the Carribean that was proposed to join Canada?
I think that's a more recent thing, post ~2010 it wasn't so much a meme as redneck french-canadians going to Florida to piss off Americans back when I grew up.
Also its very obviously a creepy pedosex tourism thing so I think those would potentially rank even lower.

>> No.21547923

>>21547916
>>21547917
All people from small towns are rednecks. Anglo rednecks are the worst.

>> No.21547930

>>21547883
Are you retarded? I didn't say anything of that sort. Your reading comprehension is garbage.

>> No.21547931

>>21547917
Kinda like New Yorkers going down to Florida then, or Brits going down to Spain and Malta.
>>21547923
Explain wtf this circle is please

>> No.21547934

>>21547893
That wasn't me. I didn't even post it until that point. Your post was that retarded that you made a lurker respond.

>> No.21547946
File: 76 KB, 640x635, 2ouu1ibti2421.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21547923
My parents sent me to private school in Quebec City the whole way up until my last year of Cegep, then I went to Alberta for a decade, then came back and completed 2 University degrees. I would like to punch you but at the same time I have to congratulate you on baiting me on having to prove myself. Well done, cunt.

>> No.21547952

>>21547930
>>21547931
>>21547934
>>21547946
You fucking faggots. What are you complaining about? Fuck the people of Canada, worry about your own lives.

Gem Xers are the worst...

>> No.21547960

>>21547952
Are you a poo?

>> No.21547964

>>21547960
I'm white.

>> No.21547977

>>21547952
>butthatwouldleadtotheatomizationofsociety.jpg

>> No.21547985

>>21547977
You all must be ugly fucking virgins. Once you have a girl that loves you you stop giving a fuck about everyone else.

>> No.21547992

>>21547985
Ok now I know this is satire

>> No.21548004

>>21547992
It's not. I see this thread and I get thinking about what you loveless virgins are going to do because nobody loved you.

Go fix your lives and stop complaining. Put in the fucking work, take personal responsibility.

>> No.21548016

>>21547815
No I'm 30. I lived there from 2014 to 2019. My apartment was 575 a month and next to the metro, which in fairness was a great deal even at the time.

>> No.21548039

>>21545787
BC is an interesting example because it was basically founded by the kind of enlightened autocratic private coorporation that moldbug would cream his pants over, but then was hijacked by a freemasonic clique of Anglo liberals.

So you look into our history and we have James Douglas, a half black man, governing a fascistic fur monopoly that ends slavery and negotiates treaties with all the natives, but after he starts advising the Crown to let him lead an assult deep into American territory in order to aid the Confederate States during the civil war, a clique of 'progressive liberal' freemasons took over, who then established a parliamentary democracy, went back on native treaties, passed race laws, and kidnapped children for their private rape-torture camps .

Our history is like Facundo seen backwards through a carnival mirror, and perfectly captures the eternal struggle between the colonies and Anglo-Judeo """Civilization"""

>> No.21548051

French "people" should honestly be gassed

>> No.21548072

>>21548039
>Anglo-Judeo
Where tf do Jews come into play? Jesus fucking Christ Nazis here can't go a thread without bringing up their favorite niche desert middle eastern tribe

>> No.21548095

>>21548072
The Jews and the Anglos are fucking one. Protestants only came to dominate Catholics because they ignored the new testament. They basically became Jews.

>> No.21548125

>>21548095
>he Jews and the Anglos are fucking one. Protestants only came to dominate Catholics because they ignored the new testament. They basically became Jews.
Anglicans are the most half assed Protestants around man. You can find Calvinists from France, Switzerland, Hungary, Netherlands,etc.
You're just a /pol/troon obsessed with dah "Anglo-Jews" because you're permanently stuck in WW2

>> No.21548139

>>21548125
>Anglicans
They're behind secularism and humanism. They're allied with the Jews. E Michael Jones has good books on the subject. There's also 'Inventing the Individual'.

>> No.21548147

>>21548139
He doesn't care. Watch him call you /pol/ again.

>> No.21548207

>>21536142
Canada has:
>always had problems with population, had to important french women and even then we didn't grow
>founded after the american civil war, and so the canadian government adopted a provincial system over american state system for fear of civil war here
>meant to be a fusion of america and europe, nobody thought USA would be a great power
>planted the seeds of USA influence which only ballooned after WW2
>only province that held back the USA anglo tide was Quebec
>went too hard and now has become a strange glass tower, not even frenchmen from France feel welcomed there
>inadvertedly planted seeds of their own destruction by giving ammo to acadian french who feel snubbed along with the natives
>concentrated their population in one area where francophones can't hold onto their rights in other provinces, while Quebec has become essentially a one party state mocking of democracy
>whether english or french all our great artists/poets/craftsmen go to the USA for money and so we don't even have a ghost's chance of creating a culture

>> No.21548214

>>21536142
Didn't your politicians make a hardcode effort to destroy the different European cultures present in canada to prevent balkanization/civil war??
I'm pretty sure "Canadian" culture exists, it's judt that yoir politicians tried their hardest to remove it.

>> No.21548312

>>21544272
thats a kino flag friend.

>> No.21548356

>>21548072
The Protestant-Jew Banking Cartel has been at odds with Islamo-Catholic traditionalism for centuries, and its exactly this schism that defines the Canadian condition

>> No.21548368

>>21548356
>Banking Cartel has been at odds with Islamo-Catholic traditionalism for centurie
Ah yes, the famously un-Catholic Banking Cartel.
Banking and Cartel, two Italian words which were introduced into English by the Italian (and, as most Italians, Catholic!) bankers who pioneered the field in Europe and established the first continental wide banking businesses...

>> No.21548396

>>21547914
Protestants subconsciously made a confessional culture since they stripped themselves from the Church.

>> No.21548503

>>21548039
does this country have redpill history? I glazed over in those classes and it was all very superficial

>> No.21549068

>>21548072
>Where tf do Jews come into play?
Canada was set up as a self-running redux clone of the City of London corporation. While the Jews always had certain... traits, let's leave it there, they weren't always a shadowy organization bent on world control. They learned that from the CoL (which they admittedly have taken over for over ~2 centuries now).

>> No.21549115

>>21548207
>>always had problems with population, had to important french women and even then we didn't grow
French-Canadians had world record growth rates for a very long while. Contrary to the English, the French crown didn't only not organize many settlers being shipped, they actively discouraged it. In 1763 we were a bit over 11k. In 1820 we were over 400k, doubled that in a generation, and 2 centuries later there are about 15 million descendants of French-Canadian settlers throughout North America.

>> No.21549195

>>21543745
it's funny i made that post and i was going to say "quebecoic always remind me of latin americans" but then erased it for some reason

>> No.21549603

>>21549115
The importing french women thing I got from an old book, forget the name. Basicaly claimed that the New France government even asked for more women/people to be shipped over and the king got pissed, saying he wasn't going to empty out France for Quebec, they have to make babies on their own. Also descendants is an ambigious term here as well, as well as saying all of North America, 15 million compared to the entire population of Canada and America is kind of small.

I was watching a cbc program recently that said there were only about 6 million francophones in Quebec, then like 600k in in Ontario, and like 200k in NB. Rest of the provinces had pitiful amounts. The issue surrounding it was that other provinces were cutting french language programs and francophones were protesting but compared to the rest of the population, in my opinion, their numbers in other provinces are too small to push provincial politicians cater to them.

>> No.21549606

>>21549603
>The issue surrounding it was that other provinces were cutting french language programs and francophones were protesting but compared to the rest of the population
I am convinced that under circumstances that will develop in our lifetime, non-Quebec Canada could collectively decide to stop utilizing French and ignore any protest from Quebec entirely. Eventually, some politicians will capitalize on the fact we have "separatist" nationalists that take everything and contribute nothing while both politically and literally geographically dividing the country.

>> No.21549647

>>21549606
Personally, I think French should actually be more actively pushed throughout the country, if only to give the option to Canadians to consume French media over Holywood/American stuff, in the same way we have British programming. I feel like Quebec has done a poor job in spreading French culture throughout Canada and America because of their autism over protecting their one dialect, which only works to divide them away from the rest of the nation.

It annoys me as a weeb to think that Japan is so much better at soft-power spreading their culture from tiny islands while Quebec, with access to all of French culture, struggles to get people interested. Though my blame would lay on just having talented Quebecers and culture makers leaving for the USA to make more money.

>> No.21549656

>>21549647
I could agree with that, under better circumstances we could have truly thrived as a bilingual nation. I think the difficulty comes in an analogy I could make about the result of Spanish colonialism; it's not very likely that today's rural Mexican accent is what constitutes high-brow speech in Spain, nor that such a group could export any form of content that gives them a leg up over the established Spanish. It follows that Quebecois french, evolved from the 1700s franglish used by hunters and trappers, would not be advantageous nor could Quebec export anything meaningfully "French."

>> No.21549682

>>21549656
Nothing wrong with low-brow culture, you could call the lionization of the poutine as a national dish low-brow but it's good enough. Quebecois frenchwomen are really attractive, just put them on the screen doing anything with subs, and you'll get people interested (mainly young men). It's low-brow but when the bar is set so low in the first place it's good enough.

>> No.21549687

>>21549682
>Quebecois frenchwomen are really attractive
Reminds me that the largest porn media corporations etc. are based from Quebec

>> No.21549690

>>21548039
Why would someone who helped abolish slavery turn around and help the slavers?

>> No.21549704

>>21549647
>French media
No thanks!

>> No.21549708

>>21549687
And yet the most famous canadian-french pornstar committed suicide, it's a damn shame

>> No.21549718

>>21549704
>No thanks!
Tfw no Balzac, Voltaire, or Flaubert for you

>> No.21549722

>>21549687
Can confirm, I am from Quebec and know the guy who owns pornhub.

>> No.21549727

>>21548368
Can't forget the German Fuggers, another banking family from the Catholic stronghold of Bavaria.

>> No.21549732

>>21536142
>The Japanese have a deep rich history of honour, sacrifice, the samurai, hundreds of years behind them. The germans with their chivalrous shining knights in armour
I audibly gagged when reading this.

This is the level of cultural inferiority complex that reactionaries operate on. I mean, it has to be a baitpost, right?

>> No.21549739

>>21549718
Seethe about it

>> No.21549740

>>21549732
You are not Canadian if you don't have a cultural inferiority complex. Get out.

>> No.21549749

>>21549740
Quiet, chud.

>> No.21549783

>>21536305
>they don't know

>> No.21549786

>>21549749
>chud
This is how you look like

>> No.21549802
File: 100 KB, 640x480, people who call you a chud.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21549749
>chud
This is how you look like

>> No.21549816

>>21549786
>>21549802
>>so retarded can't uplaud an image properly
hahhahahahahahahahqahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhaahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhaahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhaahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah

>> No.21549926

>>21549816
>uplaud
The pot calling the kettle black

>> No.21550459

>>21549690
Geopolitics and personal revenge. The Hudson's Bay Company that James Douglas inherited had a series of forts covering most of the American Pacific. Under his rule it became the number one power of the American West. A strange power too, being a rigidly hierarchical paramilitary company composed almost entirely of mixed race men. But American Westward expansion had it's eyes on the Pacific, so secret societies of American settlers would form who would slowly immigrate to key towns and cities, then once they had reached a critical mass start race riots and seize government buildings in order to provoke a drawn out standoff with local authorities. This would then provide the US government pretext for military invasion to "protect" American citizens. This was the strategy in Mexico and Hawaii, and it was also used in the area West of the Rocky Mountains, stretching to the Pacific Ocean, which was the Hudson Bay Company's land of New Caledonia.

James Douglas probably could have fought them off, but the Canadian parliament capitulated almost immediately to American demands, as did factions of the British Parliament who saw their ideology reflected by American Imperialism. So instead of a glorious war, James Douglas was tasked with a messy retreat from Fort Vancouver (City in Washington) to a Northern deep water port that he named Vancouver in honour of the HBC's fallen capital.

Once the American Civil War broke out, James Douglas saw an opportunity to seize the moment (and take advantage of still numerous local forces who had seen systemic seizures of property and political rights under the new regime) by a fast navel attack on Seattle that would be reinforced by inland raids conducted through major river systems. This would completely cut America off from the Pacific, and torn between the South and the Canadians they could be pushed back over the Rocky Mountains and forced into a draw whereby the Industrial North and Plantation South were two medium sized countries jealously preventing the other from expanding too large or too fast.

You can find a letter he wrote to the governor general on Wikipedia. It's pretty interesting stuff, basically a vague outline of what a successful invasion of continental America by Canada might look like. I don't think I ever heard about this in school, and there aren't many published books on the subject either, but if you read behind the lines of old news papers and wiki articles a really interesting picture starts to emerge

>> No.21550475

>>21549816
>can't refute him
Given that you're a leftist on 4chan, you're either 15 or quite literally mentally handicapped(see>>21549802)

>> No.21550476

>>21549732
>all cultures are equal
Literal retard detected. You belong in a work camp.

>> No.21550492

Like practically every other Western nation, the urban areas are getting flooded with waves of 3rd world sewage. At least these dumb faggot 3rd worlders drive the cost of the white man's land up. That is about the only good thing they offer to us. All these good for nothing shitskins objectively lower the quality of every white nation and that's a fact.

>> No.21550497

>>21550459
So basically he was a chud, got it

>> No.21550507

>>21550497
Does you husband or father know that you're using the internet?

>> No.21550659

>>21549603
>The importing french women thing I got from an old book, forget the name.
You are talking about les Filles du Roi, (the "King's Daughters"). This was at the very most 852 women who were shipped over between 1663 and 1673, to compensate for the fact that settlers were almost all men until then.
>>21549603
>Also descendants is an ambigious term here as well, as well as saying all of North America, 15 million compared to the entire population of Canada and America is kind of small.
No its not. I'm not talking about all descendants of all people who have immigrated to Quebec at some point, I'm talking about the specific demographics issued from the first 11k French settlers. All Pure Laine French-Canadians descends from those 11k initial settlers, and there's about 15 million of us in total. Quebec's population had an large exodus between the 1880s and 1930s, where half of us ended up moving to the States to escape the state of pseudo-slavery Ottawa and Westmount kept us in.
Going from 11k to 15 millions in ~ 4 centuries is not just good growth, its record growth if not actually world record growth. It implies multiple generations having an average of ~6-8 children.
>>21549603
>I was watching a cbc program recently that said there were only about 6 million francophones in Quebec, then like 600k in in Ontario, and like 200k in NB
Currently. I'm talking our whole demographics. A lot of French-Canadians have moved somewhere else and stopped talking French at some point. They aren't real French-Canadians anymore, of course, but they are still descended from the same folks.
As for spreading out, dude, learn our fucking history. We *were* spread out. Why the fuck do you think everyone in the Red River Rebellion had a french name? The Canadian version of the American conquest of the West is just english folks from Ontario moving into Manitoba and Saskatchewan, finding there's already homes there, and deciding they should burn them down and settle in the ruins.
Its also a conscious political decision. When the Bloc was formed and its initial direction was being defined, they asked themselves if they should not also defend Francophones outside of Quebec, which they decided against. Personally I believe that instead of spreading out French-Canadians we should have rallied them back. Create some new Zionism for French-Canadian descendants in the RoC and the US.

>> No.21550701
File: 654 KB, 1020x476, Projecting Doreen.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21550497
>chud chud chud chud
Do you know any other word?

>> No.21550761

>>21536208
Northrop is great, but his Garrison Mentality does not pass the test of time. He thesis is inherently bound to the desolate geography of Canada, which is simply no longer a significant factor in Canadian life. Most Canadians are urbanites and feel no less safe or connected than Americans.
Lament for a Nation has similar pitfalls. Toryism was not a tenable, long-term solution. And as a matter of opinion, being the "safer, more stable, monarchist" America is simply lame and gay. That's coming from a monarchist.
>>21536222
Yeah well, good luck. The average boomber Quebcois nationalist vastly prefers importing 80IQ french speaking Bantoids from Senegal than white anglos.
>>21536228
Canadian arguing over which city is the "most shit" is the ultimate loser conversation. 90% of the people who partake it in are ruralites who are LITERALLY afraid of the city because too many people gives them anxiety. Most Canadian cities are bad compared to similarly sized cities in other countries, but they're all mostly liveable and have cool things to do in them.

>> No.21550995

>>21550659
>its record growth if not actually world record growth. It implies multiple generations having an average of ~6-8 children.
Oh man, just wait until you see how Nigeria's population has grown...

>> No.21551017

>>21549802
I feel bad for megamind

I feel like if I looked like megamind and I showed up to a rally for something I cared about, and everybody took pictures of me and said "look what kind of megamind looking ass is into this social cause" I'd feel bad and very isolated

Hope megamind abandons his dumb beliefs but also just hope he's okay ing eneral

>> No.21551022
File: 76 KB, 850x400, 3h3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21550761
>inherently bound to the desolate geography of Canada, which is simply no longer a significant factor in Canadian life. Most Canadians are urbanites and feel no less safe or connected than Americans.
Grant, McLuhan, and Harold Innis all do good jobs talking about this

>> No.21551335

>>21550659
>Personally I believe that instead of spreading out French-Canadians we should have rallied them back. Create some new Zionism for French-Canadian descendants in the RoC and the US.

Only thing I disagree with, I mentioneed this to a different anon but I think Canada should push harder for bilingualism nation wide as a protection tactic against americanism. I also think, as I said in my original post, your idea is self defeating because Acadians and Natives simply take and use the same rhetoric to push for their own independence within french canada.

Also since you seem knowledgable anon, what's the modern relationship between Quebec and France like? I feel like everything France produces that's popular should just be adopted by Quebec and then spread throughout North America

>> No.21551379

>>21536142
Canada is just a new world dumping ground for people who can't get jobs in their own countries

>> No.21551968

>>21551335
>what's the modern relationship between Quebec and France like?
Sorta privileged, in the sense that they do deal with us better than they would with nearly everyone else, including the former colonies that weren't mostly settled by french folks. They do look down on us as colonials, but I don't think its ever really badly intended. There is always a real sense that we are related to one another, the meme is them calling us their provincial cousins. Never heard a Frenchman says the same about some Algerian or someone from Cote d'Ivoire.
Everytime my mom had one of her French colleague over (she was a museum curator), they seemed to genuinely fall in love with the country. If it was the winter we took them dog-sledding and at the end they nearly always looked like they just had a religious experience. Plus I can't help but find the way they go nuts every time they see squirrels endearing.
>>21551335
>I feel like everything France produces that's popular should just be adopted by Quebec and then spread throughout North America
If you are talking culturally, then it depends entirely on what we are talking about. Most French-Canadians don't particularly relate that well with French tv or movies, the humor, drama and rythm doesn't work the same for us. We get TV5 like everyone in the francosphere, but few people watched it, my family did because my parents were very well educated and they have Thalassa on, possibly the best ship, sailing and ocean show in the world, and my dad is big into sailing, we had a catamaran and a few other sailboats at home.
French music is privileged on radio, but there is also a lot of French-Canadian musical production which takes a lot of space, and there is definitely a preference for our own music. Also, I'd say in the last few decades we tend to export musicians and music more over to France than they do to us.
Academic culture, we are completely dependent on them, and my suspicion is that it isn't because their higher education is that much better than ours, but because there's this institutional tradition of trying to get our university teachers over there instead of promoting our own academics. We do have a lot of publishing on our side of the Atlantic, but french authors will certainly sell better still.
Overall I think you underestimate how generally resistant to french influence anglo-american culture is.

>> No.21551985

>>21551968
Thanks for the informative response anon

>> No.21552027
File: 1004 KB, 1204x1001, DAILY RAKE DOT CA.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21536142

>> No.21553407

>>21536142
What are you even trying to talk about?

>> No.21554056
File: 40 KB, 960x600, Vancouver Neighborhoods.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All of the interesting histories in Canada are small and hidden. Most cities and regions actually have quite interesting lore, but they're completely outside the public consciousness; there's no cultural awareness or impact. Things that were going on in the 80s are completely forgotten or simply ignored. Even places that appear unbearably sterile like Vancouver actually have very interesting origins and stories, but you would literally never know if you're an incurious normie.

>> No.21554128

>>21554056
This. Canada's problem isn't a lack of history or culture, in fact we're saturated with it, we lack a public knowledge of our history and culture.

This is entirely on purpose of course, because it doesn't suit the ruling elites to have a Balkanized country of lionized provinces and ethnic minorities with coherent historical narratives, but it doesn't mean it's not there.

That being said, I think that this situation is a fertile ground for writers and artists. The project of defining a coherent literary narrative of what it "means" to be Canadian, beyond certain chain stores and long term goals of the Liberals. If I had to venture a guess, I would say that almost all of the foundational myths of Canada have a common theme of a tragic retreat from modernity.

>> No.21554301

>>21537259
>the most respected professions such as software engineers, plumbers
lmaoooo which one of these are you

>> No.21554415
File: 224 KB, 2048x1624, 1571280857546.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21554128
>we're saturated with it
I wouldn't go that far. It's still anemic compared to most other countries. But it's more than nothing.
>The project of defining a coherent literary narrative of what it "means" to be Canadian, beyond certain chain stores and long term goals of the Liberals
Could not possible disagree more. This is the trap so many people have fallen in; it's a complete waste of time not only because it's impossible, but because it's just an awful motivation for an artist to begin with. Defining what it means to be Canadian is an offensive topic not because it's a exercise in futility, but because it's boring.
If Canada existed as an entity, it does not anymore. Anything that exists is local and by definition cannot be "universalized" as Canadian. If you want a fruitless "political" or "identarian" Canadian literary scene, at least make it regionalist. Staking a claim to Canada is a ridiculous position.

>> No.21554437
File: 452 KB, 2048x1644, 1480891432107.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I always found it interesting that Quebec still has the concept of "race traitor" while the rest of Canada (and the anglosphere in general) doesn't.

Video related, a song about how musicians who sing in English to get popular are dirty stinking unpatriotic traitors.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3rlhahxjZo

>> No.21554445

>>21554056
Any literature about that? That sounds like it would be fascinating to read about.

>> No.21554451

>>21551968
>Most French-Canadians don't particularly relate that well with French tv or movies, the humor, drama and rythm doesn't work the same for us

Wut? My family watched French TV, movies and music all the time. But then again we were also considered "fancier" than the average Quebecois, so maybe that's why. To us French people very much felt like cousins from another continent.

>Overall I think you underestimate how generally resistant to french influence anglo-american culture is.

This is very true. I think it's the language barrier that's the problem. Lots of Quebecois are bilingual but almost no Anglos are fluent in French.

>> No.21554461

>>21554437
>muh anglos
>while your cities are being overrun with black and brown simians

>> No.21554466

>>21554301
Are you a shitskin?

>> No.21554467
File: 77 KB, 600x800, fleecing the lamb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21554445
There's barely anything, though I can only speak on behalf of places I'm familiar with (which is sort of my point). You really just need to uncover the patchwork of small, relatively unknown histories of a place, then see if they fit together.
For example, as a Vancouverite, the story of the Vancouver Stock is exchange is absolutely hilarious by itself. But extrapolating the VSE into the larger context of Vancouver- stock fraud, money laundering, casinos, Triad gangs, motor cycle gangs, and real estate- you begin to realize that Vancouver as a city is essentially founded on and ran by fraud. There's plenty of interesting shit going on, but the average person living in Vancouver has close to literally 0% knowledge on any of these topics. I've never met a Vancouverite who knew we had a stock exchange that was world-renown for fraudulent pennystocks, with a rich history of hilarious scams.

>> No.21554492

>>21554467
Vancouver resembles a 3rd world toilet more and more each year.

>> No.21554519
File: 41 KB, 446x783, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21544482
The maple syrup thing isn't a meme. We Canadians have easy access to the good stuff. Americans think this is acceptable maple syrup to put on their pancakes and it's fucking disgusting. Pancakes are very disgusting in general compared to crepes.

>> No.21554570

>>21554492
Ok. So do most of our rural towns.

>> No.21554604

>>21554570
Not really. Only when there is a large non-white population imported in by the government, like Vancouver is known for and suffers from more. 3rd world dogs all over the place, stinking it up, ruining everything created by the white founding stock. Littering everywhere, thriving in drugs and crime, syphoning tax dollars and bringing in the rest of their retard faggot families from Bangladesh or Nigeria or whatever shithole. At least the white people can feel trendy living around the squalor of the 3rd world (multiculturalism), made to look cool by the state-run propaganda over at cbc, where every morning is an anti-white lecture for all the nice mom's to be beaten over the head with every morning while getting their children ready for school!

Canada is a joke, our ancestors would be completely ashamed of what it has become.

>> No.21554622

I dont really understand culture. How as a Canadian am I supposed to be experiencing more "culture" in my day to day life to Americans. It seems almost identical

>> No.21554627

>>21536142
>Canada is such a divided cultural mosaic
Thats called culture. You are the one wishing shit was boring and homogenic

>> No.21554636

>>21554461
>is that a black person!! my day is ruined
end yourself dumb racist

>> No.21554638

>>21554622
>How as a Canadian am I supposed to be experiencing more "culture" in my day to day life to Americans.
Your first problem is that you're comparing Canadian culture to American culture. Your second problem was already addressed by >>21554128
>Canada's problem isn't a lack of history or culture, in fact we're saturated with it, we lack a public knowledge of our history and culture.
Canadians and Americans share this problem, but Canadians suffer from it more, which is why you would think it "seems almost identical".

>> No.21554650
File: 124 KB, 750x1000, Pépé.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21554437
>I always found it interesting that Quebec still has the concept of "race traitor"
If you are talking about the expression "traitre à ta race", its definitely dated and less in use nowadays than it was before the 90s. It doesn't relate at all to racial ideas either, it means someone who betrays the cultural ideals of his people or sells them out.
French-Canadians have a weird relationship to racial ideas. Older folks are often simultaneously racists and tolerant of some ethnies, just tolerant of others, and just racist of others. For example, my dad thought that while yes there's a difference between Pure Laine and other Quebeckers, in the end if you spoke French, loved the winter and hated the Feds, you were welcome here and bitching about Pure Laine or not wasn't relevant. But that was obviously before shitstains like Trudeau took the helm, now he's not singing the same tune. Ah, well, Trudeau, there's a good example of "traitre à sa race".
But you should never have to convince a French-Canadian educated about his own history about the possibility of a Great Replacement, since it quickly became the stated policy of the English after the conquest. We read the part of the letter to the Queen (I always fail to remember the name of the report its included into) that says they'll push us out within 2 generations or turn us into them without issue in our History classes.
>>21554451
>Wut? My family watched French TV, movies and music all the time. But then again we were also considered "fancier" than the average Quebecois
Well that's it. Same with ours. Lower-middle-class French-Canadians do not like French tv or movies that much (music is different). "Petit bourgeois" families do.

>> No.21554684

>>21554415
This map is misleading. Quebec is still 87% white. The Maritimes are all over 90%, with some spot reaching 97%. Alberta is 83% white. And the Northern Territories and Nunavit, despite having low immigration, started at lower than 60% white.
Ontario and Vancouver are the two places which are completely fucked up. I don't remember for BC but for Ontario they are at 60%. Until recently, because Quebec had language requirements, if you couldn't test well enough on a French test after 3 years of residency, you had to fuck back out somewhere else, which was usually Toronto.

>> No.21554711

>>21554636
More like
>entire neighbourhoods overrun with 3rd worlders who know French or English below the level of a 1st grader
>rape, assault, murder, robbery, etc. all skyrocketing
>fastest cultural displacement we have ever seen
>country is going down the toilet by every empirical metric
>lackwits like you tune in to cbc and think you're actually getting the news, and think white "racists" are the problem
You're ignorant and sheltered. A bigot of the petty bourgeois.

>> No.21554728

>>21554638
Justin Trudeau says Canada has no culture. And we don't really, at least officially. We are a cultureless mutt slave state, the founding stock being unquestioningly replaced by browns who won't complain that standard of living is getting worse and worse, since they are given benefits from the government and are surrojnded by people like them.

It's hard to imagine a more spiritless state than Canada. The state religion is white people = bad, non-white foreigners = good.

>> No.21554952

>>21543757
WASPs know perfectly well who they are and how to stay that way, the whole "whites have no culture" thing is directed exclusively at non-anglo whites. diversity for thee and none for me

>> No.21554958

>>21554636
Do people like this really still exist or is this some kind of tax funded GPT bot farm to make sure "the consensus" on '90s multiculturalism remains visible and still seems like the default believed in by average joes

>> No.21555004

>>21554684
you have to do it with age cohorts, particularly under-fives. demographic replacement in the west is concealed by large elderly populations, but when the boomers die percentages are going to change by double digits almost overnight. and the powers that be know this, they just have to keep whites from resisting only a little bit longer and it'll be locked in

>> No.21555281

>>21554958
>Do people like this really still exist
Do centrist liberals still exists?
Wut?

>> No.21555325

>>21536142
Canada is nothing more than a region of America. It is an extension of The Pacific Northwest.

>> No.21555343

>>21550995
You mean going from 7 million to 221 million in 1000 years? That's not even remotely impressive mate.

>> No.21555572
File: 183 KB, 1080x1393, 28162176_843443792504553_3954595777253970814_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Canadian culture is cutting off your child's peepee and then signing them up for assisted suicide. Picture related, the work of a famous Quebecois cartoonist.

>> No.21555597
File: 520 KB, 582x762, 1656177590358.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21555572
>the enduring grammatical gender = natural gender meme

>> No.21555633

>>21555572
>famous Quebecois cartoonist.
Wut?

>> No.21555634

>>21554952
Which WASPS are you talking about? The American WASP elites are all marrying Jews and converting to Judaism.

>> No.21555670
File: 327 KB, 1200x1547, dg1hnczv7ze01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21555633
You never heard of Sophie LaBelle Verville, Canadian diaperfur and author of the well known comic about transgender children Assigned Male?

>> No.21555686

>>21555572
This comic is somewhat accurate in that its characters are anglophones. You will almost never hear a French-Canadian complain about grammatical gender, and certainly not in the sense that its sexist, just that it's an added complexity. Otherwise you have to admit that you are struggling with somethin 6 years old understand intuitively.

>> No.21555707

>>21554604
You've lost your composure.
Feminine prose style. Despite the overt sadism,a distinct note of passive aggression. Definitely a Canadian.
>>21554622
Frequent and meaningful "days" on a calendar relating to history or customs. The amount of literature, music or film you consume produced by and relating to your customs. Having pronounced customs to begin with.
>>21554684
It's not a whiteness map, it's an immigration level map. It doesn't say what type of immigrant they are.

>> No.21555727
File: 54 KB, 620x346, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21555670
No, although the first article I get on her is that she was forced to move out because of how much hate he received for that shit.
I mean, it's just, Quebec is fucking insane when it comes to cartoon production. Calling that popular... oof.
I mean look at it.

>> No.21555779

>>21555707
>can't refute the argument
>superficial observations of what you think of the style
>yet still calls others feminine
Idiot detected

>> No.21555795

>>21555686
>nation being invaded and replaced by 3rd world retards
>"muh anglos"
Idiot detected

>> No.21555818

>>21555795
You mean, like the Anglos have been doing overtly since the conquest? They've even openly stated it was their intent from the get go. Who the fuck do you blame
> retarded brownskin trying to escape a shit life and being told by evil malefactors that they can come here and be welcome by everyone and become prosperous, or
> the evil malefactors themselves.
Fucking kill yourself you fucking cunt.

>> No.21555821

>>21555779
You didn't address my point at all, you just said "not really." The state of our rural towns is fucking abysmal. And I am as anti-immigration as it gets, I just don't feel the need to engage with your emotionally incontinent ranting. Almost every ill in our society can be traced back in one way shape or form to the consequences of hyperimmigration. I never said Vancouver didn't have 3rd world squalor.

>> No.21555849

>>21555818
Anglos haven't replaced any people. They merely made colonies. But even if we play make-believe and assume that your assertion about Anglos is correct, why are you only mad when they do it and not mad at the 3rd worlders? At least the Anglos boosted everyone's technology, medicine, education, economy, etc. With non-whites replacing whites, they just turn our countries into 3rd world toilets like the ones they're coming from.
>da poor brown people just want a better life
So they can be purely motivated by self-interest and we can't? If there was a war, you can guarantee that they'd all run away.

Puerile appeals to emotion won't help you here. Try again, spastic moron.

>> No.21555861

>>21555849
>Anglos haven't replaced any people.
Ah, yes, the Red River Rebellion never happened. The Patriot's War never happened. The Durham Report didn't specifically outline the project of replacing the French-Canadians over 2 generations by English settlers.
The biggest proponents of the Great Replacement are Ontarian white liberals.

>> No.21555873

>>21555849
>>da poor brown people just want a better life
>So they can be purely motivated by self-interest and we can't? If there was a war, you can guarantee that they'd all run away.
>Puerile appeals to emotion won't help you here. Try again, spastic moron.
Holy shit you fucking child. Point is to recognize where the ultimate blame lays on. The brownoids didnt set up the system of immigration they are using to get here, and it wasn't either the liberals in the post-90s who were the first to mass import immigrants.

>> No.21555882
File: 149 KB, 900x703, MunroMAIN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Canada has the best writer in the world
>I doubt she was even mentioned but also won't read the thread
For shame

>> No.21555884

>>21555861
>currently being replaced by violent, idiot 3rd worlders
>"muh Anglos"
Idiot detected. If you simp for completely foreign shitskins and attack whites all day, you're a cuck who deserves to be replaced. You're a disgrace to your ancestors, assuming you're white, which I honestly doubt.

>> No.21555885
File: 377 KB, 1200x957, 1673845028973192.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21555873
>point is to recognize where the ultimate blame lays
Not too difficult to figure that one out

>> No.21555887
File: 204 KB, 825x510, alice-munro2-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21555861
>The Durham Report didn't specifically outline the project of replacing the French-Canadians over 2 generations by English settlers.
Really wish this happened
t. Canadian

>> No.21555894

>>21554519
Crap syrup is better than maple and I'm Canadian. But I'm not from the east where all the Canada stereotypes come from. On Vancouver Island noone eats fucking maple syrup and it is sold mainly in tourist shops. There also isn't snow there or any other gay shit people associate with fagada.

>> No.21555900

>>21555795
>>21555884
My ancestors killed Brits before yours were even on the continent I can guarantee it, my family is old and well renowned and I've read our archives.
Picrel, my ancestor is the man who captured, tried and shot William Scott and then ended up burying him alive.

>> No.21555901

>>21555873
>Point is to recognize where the ultimate blame lays on.
Wow, giga-brained take. You mean the 500,000/yr (>1% of the population) dumb 3rd worlders being imported in are being allowed in by the politicians? DURRR???

Sticking to the ACTUAL point, why does that make them any less worthy of contempt? They are replacing us with their inferior culture, and you've been brainwashed to not care about it/think they're you're friends. They have no loyalty to the West, they take advantage of us at every opportunity. In Europe it is even worse, they routinely rape the women and brutalize young men for fun. These people are subhumans.

>> No.21555907

>>21555885
Sure, but you do understand Jews and the City of London corporation had become synonymous by then right?

>> No.21555910

>>21555900
I'm sure he'd be very proud of you simping for the shitskinned invaders taking your resources he fought for, whining about Anglos 150 years after the conflict.

>> No.21555911

>>21554622
>it seems almost identical
Oh really? People from all these places seem almost identical, culturally?
>newfoundland
>Texas
>Quebec
>Florida
>alberta
>Maine
>Ontario
>new York
???

>> No.21555912

>>21555887
This. French Canadians should count themselves lucky they weren't subjected to ANGLO death squads after they lost the war. That they don't face them today is a matter of chance. Tempora mutantur

>> No.21555915

>>21555901
>Sticking to the ACTUAL point
What, the point you decided to stick on by yourself, you fucking retard? No one doubts immigration is a problem here, the problem is you knee-jerking over me accurately naming the Anglos over it.

>> No.21555918

>>21555907
How the fuck do you know I was talking about Jews you antisemitic pig? That's clearly a banking goblin. Magical banking goblins are the problem I was referring to... but you see that picture and think Jews??? Get your head examined man.

>> No.21555919

>>21555861
>>21555873
Again: the eternal Quebecer would literally and explicitly be reduced to a Senegalese slum than accept a batch of English speaking Europeans. Their ethnic resentment is limitless towards Anglos, and they'd rather cease existing than rapproche with them.

>> No.21555921

>>21555912
>country currently being invaded by 3rd world savages
>"muh French people"
Idiot detected.

>> No.21555923

>>21555919
The actual French are the exact same. There's something seriously wrong with them. And it is impossible to take a Quebecois person seriously because they all sound completely retarded.

>> No.21555925

>>21555921
Who said anything about people?

>> No.21555927

>>21555915
You seem to hate Anglos more than you hate the actual people replacing you and taking your resources. It's juvenile.

>> No.21555929

>>21555927
> You seem to hate those who planned your downfall more than the pawns that were used to do it.
Nigger what?

>> No.21555933

>>21555923
Your country is turning into a 3rd world toilet via forced migration of brown retards and you're complaining about French people.

>> No.21555935

>>21555927
He's blaming the immigration on Anglos despite the fact
1. Immigration is dual jurisdiction between Federal and Provincial and
2. The Block Quebecois does not campaign on anti-immigration platforms. So Quebec elites are just as complicit in the drafting of their immigration policies.

>> No.21555943

>>21555927
Quebec posters on 4chan show how they are because they post anonymously here. They have this insecure belief that everyone else in Canada is actually just seething with jealousy at how great they are. In reality they are disliked broadly as annoyong, witless, rude people and beyond that noone cares about Quebec or thinks about them past Ontario. Everytime I see Quebec fags on 4chan they're posting Quebec pride flags and implying that Anglos envy them for some undefinable reason.

>> No.21555944

>>21554622
You don't notice culture unless you step outside of it for a while and compare your way of life with that of others. Anglo Canadian culture seems similar to American New England culture, but you would feel a culture clash if you went to Alabama.

>> No.21555947

>>21555935
>So Quebec elites are just as complicit in the drafting of their immigration policies.
Legault literally started campaigning on refusing Trudeau's number, than was forced to back down by the MCC.

>> No.21555949
File: 238 KB, 570x670, 1656888424597.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Naming the Anglo
What?

>> No.21555957

>>21555933
Why can't I complain about both? I wish your province wasn't part of my country. Then you could be like a real mini-France, which knows nothing of brown hordes enriching her famous cities and culture. If anyone supports that shit more than any other group in the world it's you stupid, potatoe-mouthed, frogs.

>> No.21555958

>>21555929
The Anglos were just pawns too. You're just brainwashed to not hate brown retards, instead you'd rather take it out on Anglos because it's socially acceptable to hate White people.

>> No.21555959

>>21555944
Not really true though is it. Alabaman culture compared to Canadian culture has such a small difference you could assimilate a Canadian, accent and all into Alabama within a year. They're both distinctly anglo

>> No.21555962

>>21555943
A yes, because Anglo-Canadians are truly a gift on 4chan themselves. /Cangen/ is definitely a good example of that., yessir!

>> No.21555964

>>21555947
Yeah so he's a pussy like the rest of Canada's politicians who cowtow to the gods of diversity and immigration. Anglo Canadians hate our absurd immigration rates as well. It's happening to all of us. Your petty refusal to acknowledge any sort of solidarity is juvenile but ultimately inconsequential, since Anglos are also going extinct right alongside you.

>> No.21555965

>>21555957
I'm an Anglo.

>> No.21555968

>>21555919
Idk, people are complaining a lot about the Haitians doing drive-by shootouts like American gangsters.

>> No.21555970

>>21555962
We are, actually. The Canadian meme is a result of irony-deaf burgers who can't see that we have a subtle and self-depreciating sense of humour. We use 4chan more than anyone else per capita too, especially pol.

>> No.21555977

>>21555968
It's their revealed preference though. They'd rather become a second Port-au-Prince than Calgary.

>> No.21555978

>>21555964
It's not about "being a pussy" it's about our (((leaders))) being groomed for their positions many years in advance and their singular goal being the destruction of the citizens and a reduction of the number of white people existing in the world.

>> No.21555980

>>21555970
Wowee Canadian culture is so distinct! A subtle self-depricating humour! Amazing

>> No.21555984

>>21555968
That just ties into the anglo hate. The Quebecois are pissy at Haitians because they kill each other like the Anglos down south instead of slicing each other ups with French rapiers or something.

>> No.21555988

>>21555980
Are we talking about distinct Canadian culture or about who makes better overall posts on 4chan now? There are many distinct cultural groups in Canada and in the United States. What are you even talking about?

>> No.21555993

>>21555957
>it‘s not the people who laid the cultural foundation for america

Lmao, lmao

>> No.21555995

>>21555984
Haitians are subhuman zoo-animals.

>> No.21555997

>>21555988
How about you read the post again you brain-dead Anglo dunce

>> No.21556000

>>21555995
Only when they act like the English.

>> No.21556002

>>21555984
The French prefer people be beheaded for insulting Allah and Allah's prophets. Please be considerate of their culture.
>>21555993
Did you quote the right post? I have no idea what you're saying.

>> No.21556005

>>21555997
I did
>>21555962
>>21555970
>>21555980
You can't even hold a simple conversation. Our education system failed you and I'm sorry to say that English language skills are more useful than French in North America.

>> No.21556007

>>21556000
>Ze English honhonhon
If they are so subhuman why were you raped by them and then forced into their country?

>> No.21556009

>>21556000
>currently being replaced by foreign shitskins
>"muh Anglos"
Idiot detected.

>> No.21556012

>>21555997
And hey at least you're writing the words and not speaking them. I can't handle frog potato speak for very long. Try opening your mouths and enunciating.

>> No.21556015
File: 143 KB, 1033x1280, 1652849140898.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

As a Christian, I almost wish I was born a Quebecker just so I could suffer a little more.

>> No.21556021

>>21556012
AWRIGHt MAYTEE how's about I speayke like yoo sownd

>> No.21556028
File: 37 KB, 353x482, BqCrylGCYAArQRR.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21554622
Canada has different menu items at McDonald's.

>> No.21556029

>>21556012
>>21556021
Vocaroo. Now. Both of you.

>> No.21556033

>>21556000
>simping for niggers while shitting on whites
How pathetic.

>> No.21556035

>>21555572
>implying the grammatical genders and related rules were decided by the Académie Française
Those are the fags that tell you to educate yourself

>> No.21556042

>>21556033
>implying the English aren't dirty little niggers

anon pls

>> No.21556047

>>21556042
Honestly I'm pretty sure you're not even white at this point, just a pooman/mutt. Go back.

>> No.21556057

>>21556029
https://voca.ro/1gN4qmfF62b1

>> No.21556059

>>21556015
It is very unfortunate how France and Quebec are both full of rabid frothing-at-the-mouth atheists these days. At least they aren't tearing down old churches and monuments yet.

>> No.21556064

>>21556057
You have a really sexy voice. Could you say something dirty and sexual?

>> No.21556066

>>21556064
What would you like me to say?

>> No.21556074

>>21556066
Idk, talk about coating Justin Trudeau's butthole in maple syrup or something.

>> No.21556081

>>21555919
>Again: the eternal Quebecer would literally and explicitly be reduced to a Senegalese slum than accept a batch of English speaking Europeans
Again, the eternal canuck, so deprived of his roots that he thinks a Pure Laine should feel some sort of kinship to a Romanian. Fucking priceless.
If you arent of Brit stock or Pure Laine you arent a relevant part of this discussion. Literally the meaning of the term 'white trash'.

>> No.21556083

>>21556066
"I love America. I love America so maple syruping much. Oh, boy. I love America... Sorry."

>> No.21556085

>>21556074
https://voca.ro/1ehLDNwgq3Qi

>> No.21556095

>>21556083
https://voca.ro/1kgDMnZilbMW
I actually do though

>> No.21556136

>>21556029
I can't I'm from India :(

>> No.21556148

Are there any smut novels about a Quebecois taking BBC (big British cock?) Asking for a friend.

>> No.21556159

>>21556148
Gap in the market anon, get writing

>> No.21556167

>>21554622
Canadian culture is American culture + boomer musicians healthcare + shitty Tims + Natives are a Jewish proxy against Whites instead of Niggers like the US

>> No.21556172

>>21554636
>is that a black person!! my day is ruined
Unironically yes. Jesus christ.
I went to a bar that was 99% White people last night and had an almost spiritual experience. I can't express how different the atmosphere gets

>> No.21556176
File: 86 KB, 735x1200, 20200226_160037.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Louise Penny's books are full of Canadian cultural references. Highly recommended for any Canadian looking for culture.

>> No.21556180
File: 36 KB, 469x626, Green Shirts.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21554728
Canada has no culture, but there's shitloads of culture in areas of Canada.
Canada is just a gay dumb state run by Laurentian noblemen on behalf of Jewish pedophiles.
I'm White before I'm Canadian. I have more in common with North Dakota Whites than my Sikh neighbors. I hate that I'm a foreigner on the street I grew up in. I hate our state.

>> No.21556199

>>21556180
>claims to be pro-white
>calls Jews pedophiles
Ashkenazim are white

>> No.21556212

>>21556199
No Jews are White. Ashkenazi and all other Jews should return to their homeland; the pits of hell

>> No.21556216

>>21556180
>Laurentian noblemen
Kek, outing yourself as a /cangen/ poster here. Elites in Canada are in Westmount and the richer parts of Toronto.

>> No.21556217
File: 3.09 MB, 3844x1966, 1573857556325.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21556199
>Semites
>White
Fuck off kike

>> No.21556229
File: 134 KB, 403x589, a Meynet, hommage #11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21556180
Willing to take bets he's Slav, any taker?

>> No.21556246

>>21556199
The English and the Jews aren't white, they are obscure subtypes of sub-saharan African.

>> No.21556271

>>21556246
See, I think you are wrong. The English are the only other Nation which was able to reach the greatest heights of civilization. Everything good in this world comes from either us or them. Yes, their kings have taken the left-handed path, yes, they are the origin of many horrors which plague our modern world, but we shouldn't forget that they were also our closest friends for the longest of time, and that while they renounced God and the True Church, we renounced our rightful King. Speaking of kinship is retarded, but treating the Anglos as subhumans is equally retarded. The vast majority are not complicit in their master's evil plans.

>> No.21556282

>>21556216
>Kek, outing yourself as a /cangen/ poster here.
I don't know what that is but it sounds faggy. Canada isn't a nation, it's a post national state. It's just a place I live as a White

>> No.21556284

>>21556246
Nah, English are White. Just because their leadership is the most racially treacherous fucks doesn't mean they're not White.

>> No.21556298

>>21554650
>We read the part of the letter to the Queen (I always fail to remember the name of the report its included into) that says they'll push us out within 2 generations or turn us into them without issue in our History classes.
What letter is this? I'm interested

>> No.21556301
File: 57 KB, 402x604, luka_magnotta_by_toronto1234_d4lvpm7-fullview.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey guys, remember when that one Canadian homo killed and ate a Chinaman? Lol

>> No.21556308

>>21554952
>WASPs know perfectly well who they are and how to stay that way, the whole "whites have no culture" thing is directed exclusively at non-anglo whites
Literally the opposite. "Whites have no culture" is aimed directly at WASPs, who are infamous for eating 'bland' food (i.e what you'd often eat in Britain, Ireland, or the Netherlands), mocked for being prudish, despised for being Protestants with humble churches (even other whites do this), etc.
WASPs in North America have no sense of ethnic interests and coherence. They got too comfortable with being the supermajority and the cultural hegemons that they never realized that this can all change and be stripped away. The WASP is so convinced that his culture will never be replaced that he never once bothered to form an ethnic party like the Quebecois do.

>> No.21556329
File: 392 KB, 1600x1130, Largest-Ancestry.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21555634
Canada is unironically one of the last remaining WASP enclaves. The American ones all identify as German these days.

>> No.21556330

>>21556298
Durham report.

>> No.21556333

>>21556301
When will the plague of chink on chink violence cease?

>> No.21556336

>>21555911
Yes
>t. European

>> No.21556416
File: 89 KB, 660x574, c27.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was thinking of writing a book where I eat a bunch of different types of poutine and describe in detail how they make my farts smell. Do you think this would sell a lot of copies in Canada?

>> No.21556812

>>21556081
Deranged, low IQ post. What the fuck does Romania have to do with anything. I am obviously talking about Anglos. "English speaking Europeans" wasn't some retarded roundabout way to advocate for Ukrainian refugees, it was a catch-all for Anglos and assimilated Canadian whites.
That aside, yes you're literally fucking retarded if you'd rather import French speaking Haitians than English speaking Romanians given the choice.

Maybe Quebecers really are so insecure about their nation because they're witless. Not dissimilar to the hypersensitive nationalists of shithole Slavic countries like Serbia or Ukraine.

>> No.21556845

>>21556812
> You HAVE to import someone, so might as well be white slavs right?
Slav detected. Probably jewish too.