[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 299 KB, 1125x973, 97014273-ED4D-46D7-9804-F408C87CC32F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21482366 No.21482366 [Reply] [Original]

Has anyone read his book, “ Open Borders: the Science and Ethics of Immigration”? If so, what did you think?

>> No.21482373
File: 233 KB, 1290x1628, 1601585341700.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21482366
any good books about goblin girls?

>> No.21482387 [DELETED] 
File: 3.99 MB, 1945x2464, 1617762410328.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21482366

>> No.21482391

>>21482387
Reminder this guy says a high trust society is bad because it doesn't raise the GDP

>> No.21482418

>>21482366
upper class people don't have income they just sell shares when they want to buy stuff
even a $1m salary is just two 60hr a week engineers at a tech company who got married
as for his book I once saw a video where he laid out the theory and it's hard to believe it isn't satire

>> No.21482444

i dont get american classes
over here, transport is unironically free i use it every day, surgeries are free too i had one in my childhood and it was a complex one, education is free as well at the absolutely highest rated educational institutions, normal food (aka quality food over there, 0% diabetes) costs me 5 to 10$ a day, public safety that would require 24/7 armed squads in big cities in usa is also available to me, for free

so while i make less than the average american, i also have stuff that would bankrupt average american
what class am i hypothetically? i got surgeries, education, diabetes free food, i was never mugged, never saw homeless people, never interacted with a feral minority, this luxury of not interacting with feral minorities in your lifetime would probably cost millions of dollars in america and in my country we simply dont even have any such things

i also regularly take 3 or 4 months out of a year to not work simply because i dont feel the need to

>> No.21482452

>>21482444
Average American income isn’t median American income

>> No.21482458

>>21482444
where are you from, anon?

>> No.21482462 [DELETED] 

>>21482444
half of these issues are because america is currently experiencing ethnic cleansing, organized by caplan's friends. caplan's friends run your country too so give it time; you will keep the free things on paper but they will become filled with niggers until they cease to operate.

>> No.21482468

>>21482444
(north) italy is very similar.
i always shit on my country but compared to others i live very well.

>> No.21482539

>>21482462

Go back to /pol/.

>> No.21482547

>>21482444
Okay, so you live in a small country with no free riders and you don't deal with the problems caused by free riders. What a surprise...

>> No.21482554

>>21482458
obscure country in eastern europe

>>21482539
can you explain the america case without conspiracy theories tho? listen, if literally who countries all over the world can manage diabetes free food, carefree letting your kid walk to school, surgeries and educations for free, why cant the richest country?

compared to places like idk, switzerland, norway etc, i would put usa out of the 1st world

>>21482547
we also dont have some of those world leading industries like semiconductors and whatnot that the usa has, some of the companies over there make more money than some countries do and yet you cant figure out the basics

>> No.21482578

>>21482462
This and good post, to the point

>> No.21482584

>>21482547
Why doesnt USA deal with their free riders? USA has the most civilian massacres since 45 and the prisons over there are slaughter houses imprisoning more people than authoritarian China and North Korea and Russia combined. USA clearly doesnt care about human rights. It constantly arms narco death squads, dictatorships, ISIS and whatnot.

So why doesnt USA deal with their own free riders?

>> No.21482597

>>21482584
the, uh, free riders are given carte blanche along the paradigm of "high and low against the middle". most consequences imposed on the low are leftovers from a bygone age or small victories carved out by the middle.

>> No.21483062

>>21482554
>obscure country in eastern europe
Why are eurofags like this? I guarantee you no country in eastern europe is "obscure"; we have all heard of it. Don't hide where you are from -- where is your pride? Clearly you owe a lot to your country.

>> No.21484249

bump
/lit/ needs more politics threads

>> No.21484258

>>21482584
See >>21482462

>> No.21484267

>>21482366
I've heard a podcast where someone interviewed him on his book and his argument didn't seem sensible. He does have interesting things to say about higher education though.

>> No.21484309

>>21482584
sam francis' concept of anarcho-tyranny: the upper class lives a well-administered life at the top while letting the lumpenproletariat lower class run wild to crush the middle class, which has to live and intermingle with the lumpenproles (unlike the top), because the middle class wants access to the resources and opportunities of the upper class and can only clamor for this access if it's not being distracted by constant misery and declining living conditions

the USA is not a real country, it's a demonic alliance of richniggers in a few urban enclaves sending their kids to genderbending 4-year summer camp (university) while the rest of the country rots and dies. covering up horrendous black-on-white crime rates, covering up the obvious deleterious effects of mass immigration while doing everything to encourage it, encouraging things known to be society-wreckers for thousands of years (dissolution of the family, hedonism and degeneracy, financial predation), combined with constant gaslighting and propaganda to prevent the dying white middle class from class-conscious and angry - something that is very easy to do, since the media and public policy institutions all draw their employees from within the genderbending summer camp system - all of this is by design.

of course, many of the genderbending mentally ill retards in the "lower upper" or "upper middle" class are ignorant of how they are being used to crush the middle class, and are being fed their own special version of mindless hedonism and degeneracy cookies to keep them fat and distracted. but make no mistake, if any opportunity opens up to legally liquidate these people you should take it immediately. they cannot be deprogrammed, they will revert to loyalty upon a restoration of their cookie supply and abandon whatever little moral awakening they've recently had that temporarily caused them to identify as middle class.

you should also weaponize the lumpen, but not in the compassionate nambypamby way some teenage anarchist would - more like aiming them at the upper classes and running in the opposite direction while they rip them to shreds and get gunned down by private mercenaries in turn.

start studying how stable liberal democratic countries have fallen apart and become juntas and "failed states" throughout the 20th century, with a decided preference for late 20th. south africa, rhodesia, and yugoslavia are especially interesting, china also works. start learning basic skills and learn to a majority white area with an agricultural sector that isn't corn. try to have a big family and integrate into your community. join a religion even if you aren't religious, just for the community - you can cultivate some kind of homo deism and smile benignly when people take the dogmas seriously if you want.

>> No.21484349
File: 77 KB, 750x689, humanity2050.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21484309
>learn to a majority white area
move to*
>to prevent the dying white middle class from class-conscious and angry
from becoming*

also all the WEF shit is real, but it's a smokescreen for something else. the "young global leaders" it cultivated like justin trudeau were obviously retarded, the global elite club has gotten so big and confusing that people like trudeau are excited and scared like little teenage girls when they get invited to the big owl penis ceremony at the grove and just want to wear their nicest suit and fit in, so you can basically just give them a gift bag and their loyalty is ensured. the functionaries of WEF and similar orgs are all genderbending summer camp grads who also just want to fit in and keep feeling like they're a part of something, they are also just "bingewatching netflix" and going on tinder dates every weekend. the real question is what the leaders of these things are plugged into, or if they're not even plugged in and are themselves just fitter-inners writ large, then what is puppeteering them. for example, bill gates is obviously a little imp, but OF WHOM (or OF WHAT) is he SEEKING THE APPROVAL? what owl ceremony poopoo peepee double headed assyrian statue bullshit do bored gay little billionaire imps do to give themselves purpose in life at the top of the prole heap?

>> No.21484799

>>21482462
>board full of frog threads
>random post giving an accurate and concise answer to a question
>trannitor deletes only the random post because the answer made it angry
kek

>> No.21484851

>>21484799
I sense there's a new janny who is activistic about /pol/ content, I just got racism warned for the first time for a mild joke post. He's going through the report queue now! Hit the dirt everybody!

>> No.21486351

>>21482366
No

>> No.21486510

>>21482444
Social class is hereditary, it has nothing to do with income. Caplan, whose ancestry comes from the shtetls of Eastern Europe and is therefore outside the class system of the European race, is motivated to make us all believe that his people can buy their way into our societies.

>> No.21486593

>>21482366
No but I have read a similar book called debating the ethics of immigration: is there a right to exclude? I can only speak for that book, but it's a good debate book.