[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 94 KB, 957x957, 8cigckin175jtpsk3gs361r4ss.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21459876 No.21459876 [Reply] [Original]

Is it ethical, or even possible, to separate the art from the artist? Or is all art inherently political?

>> No.21459881 [DELETED] 

>>21459876
Fuck trannies

I hope all trannies are killed in mass executions by chuds

>> No.21459888 [DELETED] 

>>21459876
Don't care about ethics, don't care about the artists personal views
That being said i want to make love to Rowling

>> No.21459892

>>21459876
>Is it ethical, or even possible, to separate the art from the artist?
Yes, art is the process happening between the object and the observer, it's inherently a separate entity from the creator from the moment it's finished.

>> No.21459893

You cant disentangle concepts. If you know the author's intent that is now a fact in your mind and it affects your experience of the work. You can pretend to put it aside, but in reality that just opens a new context in which you simultaneously know and pretend not to - you dont actually not know. So no it isn't possible unless you truly know nothing about the artist, which is why Cormac and Pynchy are genius in how they operate.

>> No.21459895

>>21459876
reminder that the unethical thing she did was say that male rapists should be semt to female prisons.

>> No.21459898

I'm actually proud of humanity for proving that some things at least are still beyond the pale, I was watching the tranny meme catch on in the mainstream and thinking my god we're really far gone enough that boomer housewives are going to start promoting this shit aren't we? But everybody seems to have spontaneously (if slowly) come to a consensus that trannies are not a real thing, it's just AGP sex offenders and insane self hating young women being preyed upon because women are naive

>> No.21459899

>>21459876
who cares. you sound like a nigger kike. or a stupid girl trying to sound thoughtful.

>> No.21459900

>>21459895
The unethical thing she did was retconning gay dumbledore, for which she deserves the trans shit.

>> No.21459908

>>21459900
It's funny how she was a standard-bearer of boomer liberalism and then ran smack into consequences of it she didn't like

>> No.21459916

Art predates “politics” (in the contemporary sense of the word). If we admit that we can’t separate art from politics, we are just admitting that ideology dominates every sector of life. There is no intrinsic way in which it IS or IS NOT separate. It is up to us, through common opinion, to establish whether we view art politically or not. I think it’s retarded and aesthetic suicide to view all art from a political lens, but that’s just me.

>> No.21459959

>>21459908
Yes, although if any feminists have learned any lessons from that I've yet to see it

>> No.21459993

>>21459876
It's not ethical to seperate the art from the artists in the case of J.K. Rowling. Not because of true statements that she said about trannies being male rapists or amything political she said, but because she is a genuinely shit artist. I can't believe Harry Potter even caught on. Her Potuguese ex-husband should've beaten more sense into her and made her get a job for someone so untalented, like a secretary.

>> No.21460053

>>21459876
People deploy this distinction when it suits them and they can gain ground by convincing people to think this way.
And then they say you shouldn't deploy this distinction when it doesn't suit them and people they don't like could gain ground by convincing people to think this way.
People aren't sincere at all and just want power.

>> No.21460232

>>21459876
you can't separate art from artists, not completely. So, because I'm a problem-solver, I do my best not to know anything about authors I read or any artists.

>> No.21460247

>>21459876
I want to have sex with her

>> No.21460271 [DELETED] 
File: 90 KB, 922x1024, 1671725231417461m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21459876
>Is it ethical, or even possible, to separate the art from the artist?
No, this is why I love Rawlings.

>> No.21460377
File: 174 KB, 800x1214, 800px-James_Joyce_by_Alex_Ehrenzweig,_1915_cropped.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No. This is why you will never read James Joyce again without thinking about farts.

8 December 1909: 44 Fontenoy Street, Dublin

My sweet little whorish Nora,

I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck up in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue come bursting out through your lips and if I gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

You say when I go back you will suck me off and you want me to lick your cunt, you little depraved blackguard. I hope you will surprise me some time when I am asleep dressed, steal over me with a whore’s glow in your slumbrous eyes, gently undo button after button in the fly of my trousers and gently take out your lover’s fat mickey, lap it up in your moist mouth and suck away at it till it gets fatter and stiffer and comes off in your mouth. Sometime too I shall surprise you asleep, lift up your skirts and open your hot drawers gently, then lie down gently by you and begin to lick lazily round your bush. You will begin to stir uneasily then I will lick the lips of my darling’s cunt. You will begin to groan and grunt and sigh and fart with lust in your sleep. Then I will lick up faster and faster like a ravenous dog until your cunt is a mass of slime and your body wriggling wildly.

Goodnight, my little farting Nora, my dirty little fuckbird! There is one lovely word, darling, you have underlined to make me pull myself off better. Write me more about that and yourself, sweetly, dirtier, dirtier.

JIM

>> No.21460380

>>21459876
We don't have artists anymore, we have celebrities. We have people who deeply crave the rabid attention of "fans" to buttress their own flagging, false, flimsy sense of self. These people produce products we call art because art itself has been hollowed out into a label one applies oneself, as the creation of the self is regarded as the highest form of creation period. "Author" becomes nothing more than a self-assigned marker of worth in the battleground of celebrity and in the cultivation of attention. That literally anybody who publishes something on Amazon can claim the title of "author" or that every fifteen year old furry "artist" calls themself such in their Twitter bio and is not only allowed but encouraged to do so shows how meaningless such terms have become.

Nobody asks if Shakespeare was able to "separate himself" from his penning of Iago or Hamlet, because it was perfectly obvious that authors were once tasked with asking important human questions that relay a deeper human nature through the crafting of story. Now we have nothing but a human condition, upon which "authors" create "characters" that reflect the most accurate and well accepted readings of the condition like a fucking odometer. The work is then judged by the relatability of the characters, how well the reader is able to see herself in them, rather than by how well she understands them. The immutability of a nature assumes that all of us share it, whereas a condition is a special diagnosis, a difference you and a character share that marks you both as protagonists of your own reality.

In the modern man's obsession with himself, both fan and celebrity have a parasitic relationship that requires constant identification and affirmation from the other party. There should be no walls between them, all "authors" should feel like your best friend because you can't bear to be mediocre and "artists" can't bear to be unimportant. Fuck this retarded question and fuck all the spineless NPCs who ask it.

>> No.21460382 [DELETED] 

>>21460271
>Exhibited extreme self-control and did NOT tell him to dilate
She's perfect, bros.

>> No.21460435 [DELETED] 

>>21459898
Go outside more often. This thing is far from over and it's going to get worse