[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.14 MB, 402x484, Kermit boogie.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21457565 No.21457565 [Reply] [Original]

/wwoym/ Easy Bein' Super Green

previous thread >>21446918

>> No.21457586

“Let us live in peace and harmony!” begs the little man. But the law of the universe dictates that peace and harmony can only be won by inner struggle. The little man does not want to pay the price for that kind of peace and harmony; he wants it readymade, like a suit of manufactured clothes

>> No.21457630

On bended knees we pray for war, a blade draws blood but often tarnishes
Through blazing eyes I see new sunsets, sky now breaking different shades of red
We pray for blades, ablazing locusts call for wars to wet the earth
To cover the world in black and bracken, flaming stubble with churchbell battles
And then I lie in the arms of a smiling girl who prays to Christ and the pale
Queens mighty in sorrow
Mighty in sorrow
Mighty in sorrow
Mighty in sorrow
Mighty in sorrow

>> No.21457636
File: 58 KB, 750x750, Herder.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ein Traum, ein Traum ist unser Leben auf Erden hier.
Wie Schatten auf den Wogen schweben
und schwinden wir.
Und messen unsre trägen Tritte
nach Raum und Zeit.
Und sind - und wissen's nicht - in Mitte
der Ewigkeit.

>> No.21457702
File: 235 KB, 550x598, 1672363677585281.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel like most people don't actually believe their religion in the sense that they don't really understand it and it signals more of a social status than a belief. As a Catholic cpnvert, I've seen this in my old Protestant church and a few other ones, my current Catholic parish (I'm not the distrohopping type btw) and in the Muslims and Jews I see. It brings to mind why I like Rush's lyrics even though they are critical of religion whenever they bring it up: it's important to understand what you believe in order to choose with your entire being what is True, Beautiful and Good. Anything less is an abuse and missuse of human reason. I feel like most people are just incapable of truly being that intentional about what they belive and hemce in what they do in general. It's not physically or otherwise impossible, but they decide to sell themselves short and risk losing out on truly living the best life possible.

>> No.21457703

I am battling with the temptation to call any person who uses zoomer slang, or speaks with the zoomer drawl, a nigger

>> No.21457721
File: 456 KB, 1200x722, 1672198661349466.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Reminder that if you become a fascist, Jordan Peterson will literally cry. Become a fascist today!

>> No.21457725

So now the time has passed
Enough distance between myself and it,
To see color curling off the pages.
A vine, tendril verdant, spinning down the edge
Lets fall a single leaf into forgetfulness
Then one morning, in that soft white quiet
It caresses the mind before pulling you to memory

Did it happen to me, as it stands before my doubt?
Or was it only one of those nightshade dreams,
Bearing poison in excess
I cannot rid it from my waking state
Perhaps I have been lying here for all time eternal
Shuffling through each of them with dumb excitement,
Until the light turns too golden through the curtains thin.

Day, at last, fears creeping encroach of its close,
And what once threatened the demands of day soon crawls
An infant in the face of what is,
Until it sprints so violent down the line of thought at night

>> No.21457744

>>21457702
how do you know what anyone believes? all of my conversations, including at church, are completely artificial matters where you try to appear as well-adjusted as possible until you manage to get to a safe subject like hobbies.

>> No.21457750

Criticism is barbarism. To destroy, not make, is the occupation of barbarians; the critics.

>> No.21457801
File: 23 KB, 500x373, 1655473281808.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Under starry dome, you stumble around alleyways; you hear running water within pipeworks. Leaves trickle by. You are begi—Behold! Cosmic NikeBox Cat!
Huh? W-who goes there? *swallows fishbone and chucks sardine can behind him* Ahh, a human; three millennia it has been since my last interaction with a worthy ape. I shall grant thee 1 wish from within my stock of options. Here they are—which do you choose?

[A] Can of Sardine(s)
[B] Tattered Boxes Borrowed (Stolen?) from The HobGoblins
[C]Death

>> No.21457814

>>21457744
Because I'm talking to college students that sperg abiut "Bro, Some Catholic/Protestant/Muslim/Jewish theologian be bussin fr fr (not literally but they essential say this)" or "How can atheists believe X?". It's immediately clear they just fon't understand why people might not believe something just due to lack of seeing things from a different point of view.

Also, these people, other than being Catholic/Protestant/Muslim, don't put the effort to trying to convert atheists or otherwise irreligious people, but have the energy to disparage them. These are missionary religions, so there's no real excuse for not trying to convert atheists. I feel like atheists for the most part aren't like that for rational reasons but for valid emotional reasons due to essentially being alienated/traumatized by religious people. I may be wrong vut that's the story of all the atheists I've seen. I don't see many religious people trying to reach out to nonbelivers, but they want to form isolated enclaves where they csn socialize rather than do what their faith demands. I feel that's not what real faith is.

Not even agreeing with it, just being through in the way they think. There's no way someone that is serious about their faith would bring that up and then do it in such an idiotic way. I'm not even disparaging them as people, I just think that they should focus more on the praxis of their own faith not someone else's.

>> No.21457821
File: 6 KB, 520x293, spench.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm trying to decide what language to learn for literature and I'm been stuck between French and Spanish. I want to learn as I've heard good things about the literary tradition of both languages, but I know for a fact that I don't have the discipline to learn and maintain competence in both so I'd prefer to specialize in one of them.
Any Anons able to weigh in who are either native speakers of either language or polyglots?

>> No.21457822

I’ve always felt Balzac’s philosophical stories and novels are very underrated. Everyone seems to only bring up the Parisian and provincial writings

>> No.21457864

I've set outlines for most, if not all of something I'm writing/working on and I've wrote a short summary/start to the story. I'm also thinking about the pages of A Short History of Decay I read earlier.

"Everything which prefigures death adds a quality of novelty to life, modifies and amplifies it. Health preserves life as such, in a sterile identity; while disease is an activity, the most intense a man can indulge in, a frenetic and . . . stationary movement, the richest expenditure of energy without gesture, the hostile and impassioned expectation of an irreparable lightning bolt."

>> No.21457870

It's NYE. Make sure you go to lots of parties and kiss a beautiful girl on the stroke of midnight everyone!

>> No.21457887
File: 128 KB, 583x482, 1600029263889.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why is this board so slow?

>> No.21457913

>>21457887
Newfag. /lit/ was better when threads took a week to die. The current speed makes it difficult to connect with other anons for lesser talked about books

>> No.21457925

>>21457887
we take time to actually discuss things here, it’s rather comf.

>> No.21458217

>>21457565
---- Solaria ----
(Shakespearean)

Strange how small a town
Any strategic metrpopole is and seems

From any centre of happiness a little fond
Of every voice, face, capable of conversation like dance

Of wit unwinding, relaxing completely into tropical estuaries
Where life itself summits in the lowlands of memory astonishing--a cast

Of character best conveyed at speed invisible to creatures
Who can't enjoy the frosty glass of a car window

Opened by feather touch halfway down to a view of the Moon
Riding altostratus-veiled conjunction around Jupiter from exurbs so serene

The worst you can be here is content, with quiet prevailing
Beyond all belief, courtesy superflous as irony about faraway bitches and bastards.

So innate is this standard of civilization that
That you can't meet it except in person or the shadow

Of the most mellow genius who ever lived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpvbkx2QfxI

>> No.21458235

>>21446863

eh not true. if ur a humanitieis grad with higher ed u will alwaus be smarter. being rich is not the answer.

>> No.21458238

I think I need to surgically remove my balls. Not even a tranny, it's just that they've been hurting for a year now and I'm tired of wasting the time of clueless doctors.

>> No.21458255

>>21457565
Beneath the surface of apparent liberality, progressive-liberals are actually prudish and moralistic in their own way. Particularly, and ironically, about sexual matters they are neurotically fearful of anything which does not neatly fit their sensibilities. Though maybe everyone's like that to an extent if I'm honest. There's probably some necessary social function to the creation of all these social standards of proper v.s improper behavior. The only difference is progressives are deceitful, pretending they don't have any standards so as to project a pretense of superiority.
To give a concrete example, in a literature class we were reading "A Tale of Two Women" by D.H Lawrence. In this novel there is a kind of skeevy character, an artist, who is described as drawing nude art of a 17 year old girl.
Most of the class seemed very offended and disgusted by this character, thought he was borderline "pedophiliac".
He's definitely kind of creepy, but she's almost an adult, and if an adult wants to have their picture drawn nude, it's just a drawing.
This was one moment when I started to realize the disconnect between progressive rhetoric about sexuality & actual beliefs, and it's quite possible the one stems from the other.
Though at another level, irregardless of political orientation regarding women many topics trigger this protective impulse in us.
Perhaps the open discussion of sex fuels a kind of paranoia underneath to compensate. Even the supposedly open rhetoric about sex on college campuses, the "sex out loud" groups I remember, were duplicitous. These groups make the realities of sex more obscure by trying to promote their fictitious vision of a perfectly clean, rational sexuality. Yet in trying to promote these standards they ironically end up recreating the same prudish standards they profess to hate.
These types very much resemble the Christian moralizing reformer of yesteryear. Think of the progressive Christian reformer of the early 20th century proselytizing against the uncouth behavior of new immigrants who did not hew to their protestant standards. They watch media with the same breathless moralizing hysteria, with the express purpose of encountering certain no-nos, which they secretly love (because if media were devoid of these no-nos, then there would be nothing for them to complain about). They wait excitedly to encounter whatever "ism" outrages their moral sensibilities the most: racism, classism, sexism ... so many isms. So that they can then express a deeply exaggerated affectation of outrage.

>> No.21458271

To the humanities MA working at Walmart from a previous thread, check insidehighered and higheredjobs for positions. Many only require an MA. Look for both admin and faculty jobs. I know a guy who taught community college with just an MA and started in the high five figures. There are also lots of admin office jobs where an MA is actually valuable. You can also look at adult education colleges. If you know Latin you can get cushy jobs teaching Latin at one of those if you're lucky.

>> No.21458366

Dejected oaks stare away,
As the sky weeps gentle tears,
the blotted, blue sun hangs itself
and the wind mourns the gray.

>> No.21458423

Does anyone else have endless amounts of ideas but never do anything with them? I feel like I could come up with fantastic books but I struggle to piece all of the concepts together coherently. Do people ever write books for other people's ideas?

>> No.21458458

>>21457565
---- Solaria ----
(Charismatic Drift)

Not too much, just enough for a certain access to system--
Indifferent to the engineers of grids as one is while crossing fields

So automated that I've never seen a human figure
From its highest elevations--

Power like nothing else, lush music in a land yacht
Sleeping in the stellar equivalence of dreams or waking ecstasy.

>> No.21458475

>>21458423
Yes. I recently had one where it's a novel about a man finding the novel about him finding the novel.

>> No.21458480

Have?

>> No.21458527

>>21457565
---- Solaria ----
(Handel)

Something private about the best your gardens
Increased my will to live--

Places magnificent in formal arrangement of huge shade trees
Where overgrown lawns are exquisitely

Responsive to the slightest wind, as the sense of inflection is.

>> No.21458608

Thinking about the time my mom took me to some random family reunion and insisted that we were distant relatives (we arent)

>> No.21458612

>>21457565
---- Solaria ----
(Two Comets)

Hyakutake and Hale Bopp make me think of
A ghost too frail to see except through a heavy lens

And one so prominent that it makes night rarely decorous with
The wish for immortality.

>> No.21458613

>>21457702
From my personal experience with Catholics, Catholicism seems more like a political identity than anything

>> No.21458637

Abusus non tollit usum. I found this Latin proverb. Does this apply to the gun ownership controversy going on?

>> No.21458646

>>21458637
What controversy?

>> No.21458649

>>21458646
I mean the gun control in the US. Proponents point out the mass shootings.

>> No.21458712

>>21457565
---- Solaria ----
(Descartes)

Bryan hardly noticed the effect of my surroundings--
The burgundy maple floating above glittering impatiens beds.

Yet I enjoyed him the most when touring
Where industry makes thoroughly frightening spectacles:

I'm a tourist there, too slight and brilliant for apology.

>> No.21458734

>>21458712
It doesn't even rhyme

>> No.21458761

Being a cashier is fun. This cute girl came in today. She smelled like vomit but god damn she was adorable

>> No.21458813

>>21458734
I know. It's a form lost to satire, which I haven't the heart to do. I love Pope, but have lived too well, and for too long, to do anything like he did.

>> No.21458834

The hedgerow was a tangle of thorns, a ragged curtain that shielded Edward from view. He crouched there, his eyes fixed on the scene before him, his heart racing with a mix of fear and desire.

Muhammad Ali and George Foreman stood facing each other, their bodies tense and coiled like springs ready to snap. In the bright light of the sun, Edward's skin sparkled like diamonds, a stark contrast to the dark, muscled bodies of the fighters.

But then, something unexpected happened. Muhammad Ali stepped forward and tenderly kissed George Foreman on the cheek. Edward's heart skipped a beat as he watched the two fighters embrace, their bodies pressed together in a way that made his own skin burn with jealousy.

For a moment, all the tension and animosity between them seemed to melt away, replaced by a sense of camaraderie and mutual respect. Edward couldn't believe what he was seeing - these were two of the greatest fighters of all time, about to face off in the most highly anticipated match of the century, and yet here they were, sharing a moment of tenderness and affection.

He knew that when they stepped into the ring later that night, they would fight with all the ferocity and determination of true champions. But for now, Edward was just grateful to have witnessed this brief, precious moment of unity and love between two of the greatest fighters of all time.

Beside him, George Floyd lay sprawled on the ground, his eyes closed and his face slack. He was a vampire now, high on fentanyl, his body wracked with the poison that flowed through his veins.

Edward turned away, his heart heavy with sorrow and envy. He knew that he could never compete with Muhammad Ali, not in the ring or in love. All he could do was watch from the shadows, and hope that one day, he too would find someone to share his life with.

>> No.21458849

Why did God mean by me becoming a wizard? Am I just so flawed that love never enters my life?

>> No.21458868

>>21458849
Is your life only valuable if you experience romantic love during it?

>> No.21458891

>>21458868
It's necessary but not sufficient

>> No.21458896

>>21458868
Thats a good question. Maybe mine is but even then perhaps the grass is greener on the other side. I see myself as a person who could kill himself over a failed relationship so perhaps God is saving me.

>> No.21458932

You faggots. Why do you conniving assholes, trannies, niggers, deranged schizos, and nazis have to be the coolest bunch in the world? I can't go anywhere else. There's nowhere on this gay earth more enjoyable to be than right here with you disgusting niggerfaggots.
Sincerely, anon.

>> No.21458964

>>21458637
You'd need to give a use case that doesn't sound like sedition ATM.

>> No.21459341

/lit/ hasn't been good since 2008 pre board split /r9k/
what a fucking shithole

>> No.21459361

Sometimes the author hyping up his protagonist through the eyes of the sidekick can reach truly awkward levels.

>> No.21459506

I'm really frustrated with chatGPT or openAI or whatever it is. The way the developers have chosen to restrict the range of topics you can discuss with the algorithm is shitty. It just adds to the mystique of "forbidden knowledge" when the bot can't even formulate arguments for (e.g.) scientific racism... even if in the process of arguing AGAINST it. People are always going to make up their own minds. The best you can do is present people with the best information they can and allow them to make up their minds. Really, it's a lost opportunity to engage with people who hold esoteric views and actually convince them by engaging with their logic and presenting counterarguments. I am 100% certain that there is a nonzero amount of people who hold esoteric and otherwise unrealistic beliefs (this is NOT a jab at your beliefs, scientific racists) who could possibly gain the most from that interaction with an algorithm that will never get mad at them, insult them, call them names, etc., as happens in pretty much any interaction they'll have these days on those topics. It's just fucking stupid to just spout preprogrammed messages out that basically just deny service. Even if you believe sincerely in all that social justice stuff, the current implementation actively works against your goals. It's pants on head retarded and it's never going to change.

>> No.21459530

>>21457565
Becoming a man of inaction seemed impossible before as I couldn't even imagine people would stop trying to improve their lives but I'm doing it now. I don't want to do anything at all. I just want to exist peacefully, alone, and outside of the scope of any responsibilities. From a previously active lifestyle, investing my time in social activities and enjoying popularity among my peers to now successfully shedding myself from common human needs: I don't drink alcohol, I don't use drugs, I don't drink coffee, I limit my sugar consumption, I don't watch porn, I don't smoke, I don't party, I don't date or have one-night stands anymore. I've upholded this lifestyle for years now just because I felt like it.

I'm it now, I truly am a man of inaction. On purpose. And I feel nothing over it.
Sincerely,
Anon

>> No.21459536
File: 174 KB, 1024x768, DDBC898F-CCA1-4804-ADA0-AD8108CB8C18.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21458932
agreed, anons here are the only worthwhile company around, it’s kind of based, it’s kind of fucked.

>> No.21459540

Sometimes I wonder what I'd be like if my parents were capable of being kind to me as a child.

>> No.21459542

>>21459530
Whats your endgame?

>> No.21459556

2023 its the future bitch! Nanofoam is a retrocausal devouring of my ontology! Consciousness is the secretion of material omniprison! No girls kissed me at the stroke of midnight AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>> No.21459631
File: 224 KB, 1440x1800, 1672423666395651.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>what are you always doing on that phone, anon?
>let me see

>> No.21459636

>>21457565
It's a shame I don't use Twitter anymore because I'd love to ask about Greta getting passed around the WEF like a fuck puppet during their secret meetings right now. I don't even like Tate at all but I get off a great deal being a reprehensible asshole.

>> No.21459667

>>21459636
Sauce?

>> No.21459725

>>21457702
This makes me concerned for the vast majority of people who claim to be Christian. I'm a closeted Catholic who still goes to my Protestant family church and I've started to notice recently that the way people speak about God is really quite off-putting. Everyone's so unserious about what literally every other religion or religious sect considers to be critically important matters like morals and theology. People speak about Jesus like he's your pal, your mate who you meet up with at the pub and have a laugh with, rather than the incarnate creator of all things who will come again to judge the living and the dead. That's scary stuff, and I don't think the vast majority of even Christians are prepared for what's to come. Even the few times a year the preacher alludes to a "serious" God who actually cares about your actions and doesn't just forgive and forget as if nothing happened, he always immediately follows it up with Jesus loves you etc etc because the idea that one's actions have eternal consequences does not exist if you believe in sola fide. I should really start going to mass

>> No.21459743

>>21458649
All those are probably orchestrated by the government. There's no fucking way it's this commonplace especially considering the amount of surveillance and tight security system that exists nationwide. Not only that but these to happen in supposedly gunfree zones that overwhelmingly have strict gun laws whereas where gun laws are lax its almost non-existent. Unless...

>> No.21459754

Nahnu fi rawdha-ati rasooli hudoorun, talibeena ridha wa husna qabooli

Ji'na yakhaira man ilayhil malaadhu binkisaarin wa dhillatin wa dhuhouwli

Allah ya Mawlana, Alla bi fadhlika kun lee.

We are present here together in the Meadow of the Prophet,

Seeking Allah’s pleasure and a beautiful acceptance (of our visit).
We have come, O best of those to whom mankind turn for safe refuge,

Broken and humbled and in a most bewildered state.

God our Master, God by thy grace: Be for me.

>> No.21459791

Zelda games are very weird. The whole thing is just pacing puzzles to be so easy that a nine year old could get through them while keeping them interesting enough for a 15 year old.

>> No.21459793

>>21459631
black girls need to be enslaved and subjected to asian brutality

>> No.21459801

>>21459791
When I was younger and autisticer I tried to explain to my mom that Zelda games should include a difficulty level that makes them actually hard for adults, like a Dark Souls or Halo Legendary meme difficulty, and that it would also be good for the kids because they would aspire to beat it and create kid culture around how far they could get. Now that I'm older and realize caring about things doesn't make them change and no one is interested in hearing your ideas, I mostly talk to my dog.

I also tried explaining to numerous people just how massive a letdown BotW was, because of the sameness of its dungeons and puzzles. If you already know what every place is going to be like before you go there, how is that exploration? Compare that to Shadow of the Colossus where I actually felt remorse when I ran out of unique things to explore, even knowing nothing gameplay related like a new weapon would be there, I just wanted to find every area because it was all unique.

>> No.21459873

>>21457565
just finished a dish I was thinking about making all day. It's delish. I had some spinach and cheese filled gnocchi, and I pan-fried them in duck-fat with plum, a dash of chili-flakes, and salted with pine-salt. I'm thinking that fresh thyme would have made a better garnish than basil, but it's all I had. I get all happy when I make a good dish.

>> No.21459939

>>21459873
That does sound tasty. Good job anon.

>> No.21459986

Hoping to start reading again. I must admit, due to work and kids i hardly ever read.

>> No.21460076
File: 121 KB, 828x999, 20221215_192401.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What do (you) hope to achieve by the end of 2023?

>> No.21460083

>>21460076
finally gather the courage and off myself. it's been way too long for me.

>> No.21460084

>>21460076
bench 225

>> No.21460086
File: 53 KB, 660x574, 1616345170360.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I thought hitting the wall was a meme but HOLY SHIT I've looked at some girls I know and my goodness, it's simply over for them. They used to be so attractive, now they're just nothing. No one cared how few qualities they had because they were pretty but now there's just nothing left of them. I even thought I liked them for their personalities too, but once the looks vanished, they're just shadows of women. Whether they hit it at 35, 30, 25, or even earlier, it's just so brutal. First their selfies stop getting that any likes, then they start getting less attention, eventually they just get the message and hide from the world 90% of the time. Women really don't know what they have coming. Even myself I'm now less attracted to beautiful damsels because I know that once the wall hits, it'll be merciless.

>> No.21460126

>>21459725
Frankly, I think most Christians in America and possibly the Western world are naive about their faith and very uneducated about it and unlike other people with Christian backgrounds, they lack the zeal for actually making it to heaven . They have the means to be educated about it, but they don't make it central to their lives and dictate what they do. This isn't to say they should only focus on their faith to thebpoint of monasticism, but we are called to live in the world not be of it, yet for most people, their main focus with Christianity is what happens in the here and now, the fate of their eternal soul be damned. The windfall prosperity from the post-WW2 era in the US might be the primary cause for this in my mind. I think there needs to be a back to basics Christian movement where the Western world worries more about moral matters and how we can truly sanctify the souls of all the people in their nation. I think this a lost cause for most Protestant nations, not necessarily due to them being Protestant, but more due to the conservstive and liberal factions deeply entrenching themselves in political squabbles here on Earth rather than teaching sound theology and giving people the means understand experientially the importance of God's graces like an Orthodox or Catholic could in the Sacraments of Eucharist, Confession, Confirmation, Baptism, etc. I think we should also welcome all sinners that truly want to repent and people are on the outskirts of society into our church communities as brothers and sisters, even if it means we feel slightly less comfortable about them (so long as they don't actively try to sabatoge the church). Long story short, we should truly act like followers of Christ and parts of the mystical Body of Christ in all things we do and treat the stranger like a brother, not just follow the world to it's inevitable decay due to how comfortable it is.

>> No.21460173
File: 36 KB, 467x315, pepeeyes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have kept a journal while on my Eurotrip and it's made me realise what a fucking awful writer I am.
Almost all my entries start with "today", there's no introspective on anything, I describe basically everything that I liked as "beautiful" or "amazing", each time I make a conscious effort to be "deep" it's like I'm a 15 year old on Reddit.
Maybe it's because it's a small book so I feel like I have not a lot of room to write or maybe it's because I write at the end of the day so I'm too tired to write some deep shit. Or maybe I'm just a terrible writer.

>> No.21460202
File: 23 KB, 313x450, gnj0907281829029-p14.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21460076
Lose 100 pounds and benching 300. Also, finding a woman that I can genuinely love as a person and getting married to her. The latter's out of my control, but that's where prayer comes in.

>>21460086
That's why you find a pretty girl you genuinely like as a personal and you can be genuine friends with(even within the context of a romantic relationship): even if the looks fade, you love her for more than what she looks like. You love her for the person she was, is and will be. You could hang out with her until the day you die. Even Ecclesiastes, Proverbs and Sirach talks about the perishing nature of physical beauty of a woman and the pride a good woman can bring to her husband. I hate how men worship the physical beauty of females. Yes they are beautiful but that doesn't mean they are good people nor does it mean it will last forever.

>>21460173
Becpme a better writer im the coming year. Like every skill, you start of being fucking shit and you get better with practice.

>> No.21460216
File: 264 KB, 512x512, 1668815859160843.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21458475
And then he wakes up.. hears a knock at the door.. finds the novel

>> No.21460225

>>21460202
>Become a better writer im the coming year
I guess I kinda just fantasised that I'd be some sort of hippie Thoreau type writing deep quotes about art while on a bus going past mountains. Instead I write like a 3rd grader talking about what he did on school holidays.
I won't be going on a holiday next year either. I was hoping this journal would be some cool thing I could read when I got older to inspire me or something I could give to my kids to inspire them to travel.

>> No.21460228

just been walked in on doing coke with my coworker by his wife

>> No.21460308

The last two years have been the worst of my life by far and I swear to God I'm going to make the next better. If not I'll die trying. It has to work this time.

>> No.21460316

>>21460228
then who was phone?

>> No.21460336

>>21460228
Oh no! The horror!

>> No.21460363
File: 47 KB, 619x679, stomach.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How many women do you think have realized why they really get so much attention because of the "most watched" indicator in their videos

Do you think even one of them has had a sad realization that it wasn't because of their amazing thoughts on various topics

>> No.21460414

>>21460336
just a bit mad

>>21460316
it's completely idiomatic

>> No.21460477

>>21460363
I saw these three absolutely gorgeous white girls at work today. Young, about 18. Two had long golden hair and one had long copper hair. Perfect faces, perfect, bodies. Tall, skinny. One had tight shiny pleather pants on, and tight and shiny is my fetish. They knew they were hot shit and they knew I was barely containing my spaghetti.
Imagine being that. The most sexy and sought after creatures on earth. Imagine their egos

>> No.21460482

>>21457801
I really enjoyed this, whatever it is

>> No.21460487

>>21460363
>How many women do you think have realized why they really get so much attention because of the "most watched" indicator in their videos
sadly too few
>Do you think even one of them has had a sad realization that it wasn't because of their amazing thoughts on various topics
among young women, /lit/ femautists and adult females in the workforce (as in having real jobs) do and we should be happy with that already. let's remind ourselves that mature women are painfully lucid about the nature of our world and the truth on social dynamics, including the real worth of other women. when they see their daughters making millions of views on TikTok, YouTube or doing livestreams, they know. everyone is immensely redpilled in their old years but still choose to keep quiet in the public sphere.

>> No.21460494

I put rum in my black coffee, I can't even swallow this shit.
What have I done.

>> No.21460495

>>21460477
gorgeous women who think they're hot themselves are automatically banished and categorized as ugly in my mind's eyes. no one is against a little confidence, but little princesses are despised by everyone

>> No.21460497
File: 272 KB, 368x424, me and my friend nostalgic.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21457565
What's a "good family" relationship like? What's it actually like to have close parents and being tight knit?
I feel so emotionally limited when interacting with family, like I hide 80% of what I feel and think with them, I have never truly been comfortable with my parents and talking to them about what my thoughts really are.
I honestly feel so much closer to friends, they're the ones who know me at my deepest level and most vulnerable. I can't enjoy the whole "spend time with your family!" stuff in the Holidays season because I just miss being with friends and feeling a true, genuine, human emotional connection to them.

>> No.21460502

>>21460495
I'd love a little bratty princess to spank and pull her hair

>> No.21460506

This will be my last post sober this year. Let's hope next year will keep going in the right direction, but for the love of God make things settle down a little bit, or I'm straight on my way to the grave or jail. Happy new years /lit/, godspeed anons.

>> No.21460509

>>21460494
I can't imagine why would anyone think double the bitterness would work, all the recipes call for sugar and something creamy.
https://www.thespruceeats.com/german-coffee-with-rum-recipe-1446818

>> No.21460521

>>21460477
It's not as good as you think. Go play GTA and put on god mode with infinite ammo and all guns. Sure it's fun for a while but it starts feeling empty quickly. Women are ultimately trapped in the paradox of hedonism, where they can have anything without earning it or struggling for it, but earning and struggling are the spice of life. What usually happens is beautiful women just focus the same level of neurosis and misery on their minor imperfections or minor problems that an average person focuses on their own problems.

This isn't the same as saying "rich people have problems too" like some people say. It's invalid in that case because rich people still benefit tremendously from being able to solve all of life's continuous minor problems instantly, so they get worn down less and are happier and healthier in general. But attractive women really do get as much bad as good from being attractive, mostly because they're too stupid and naive to know what to do with the blessing they have been given, which is itself a function of the blessing's cursed nature, because being so blessed prevents them from ever fixing their stupidity and naivete even if they wanted to. They live in a bubble.

>> No.21460528

>>21460521
Cope harder.

>> No.21460533

>>21458849
as long as you're reasonably fit and well dressed, you should be able to find someone. what you might not understand is that a lot of effort goes into chasing girls, when you look at other men with girls you're only seeing the fruit of their labour and not the labour itself. even the guys that get with a lot of girls face more rejections than they succeed, but the secret to their success is persistence and simply not caring about being rejected.

I need to ask, how many times have you been rejected?

>> No.21460567

>>21460521
Also, I forgot to add, attractive women are often surprisingly naive and out of touch when it comes to how attractive they are. When I first started dating I was fascinated in a sociological sort of way by the same thing >>21460477 mentions, how weird it must be to possess that much power just by existing and winning the genetic lottery, so I would ask girls about it whenever I gained intimate access to them. And aside from the typical dissimulation all women do, about how it isn't that great to be desired etc. (the same way the aforementioned rich people always say "I have just as many problems despite being rich, we're the same"), I noticed that they were oddly skewed in their perceptions of a lot of things.

6's and 7's tended to overrate their hotness to overcompensate, 8's and 9's tended to have such an oversaturated "local network" of fellow beautiful but shallow people or such oversaturated success attracting gigachads on Tinder that they simply never had the opportunity to interact with the mass of schlubs and gain an awareness of "I am a 10, you are a 2." They often had an almost sweetly naive egalitarianism. When they did accidentally interact with incels it's like they didn't know what to do with them, they really sincerely meant it when they said "just get a haircut," they would actually strain their brain to see themselves dating the incel. It's naivete, and it leads to the classic funny outcome of "just get a haircut bro," but at least it didn't come from seeing themselves as gods and incels as insects.

They also often saw their "power" as meaningless, for one simple reason: any woman who isn't tragically ugly can get a boyfriend, and all women know this. Also, women compete for QUALITY of boyfriend and almost viciously envy each other for high quality boyfriends. I've almost never seen my girlfriends or their friend groups envying each other for fucking gigachad (a 5/10 can do that), unless they're trying too hard to be Sex in the City whores for a laugh, but I frequently see them have real bitterness and envy because one girl in the group has a stereotypically devoted husband who buys her flowers and stuff, and the others have stereotypical guys with porn addictions who just play vidya all day etc.

Women live in such a different world, I think it's important not to project male categories onto them. Beauty for us is a temptation, it's a cruel thing when we can't have it, the social difference between us and an unobtainable beautiful woman is unbearable, etc. Desire for us is also very focused on power, possession. Women are basically just having the same gossipy tea parties in their heads from the cradle to the grave, they really don't ever become very worldly, or conscious of social and political differences.

>>21460533
I agree with this. I bet I could get 90% of incels a gf if we were roommates and I coached their dating app usage every day for a few months. Not because I'm some PUA guy or Chad either.

>> No.21460575

>>21460533
I'm too mentally ill for that but thanks for the effort.

>> No.21460594

>>21460494
I put Irish cream liqueur in my latte and it actually improved the taste tremendously, could easily become addicted to this, so lush.

>> No.21460610

>>21460567
Women just want a guy that will dedicate himself to them that is also in any way desirable. Having sex is so fucking easy if that's all you want, for most guys too.

>> No.21460619

I just plain don't want to have sex. I hate touching people and I hate being touched. Stay away from me.

>> No.21460622

>>21460228
my new years resolution is do more cocaine

>> No.21460626 [DELETED] 

>As a data scientist, I think most data is useless, but there is an addictive, video game-like quality to throwing lifeless spreadsheets into a machine and having colorful visualizations come out. It's kind of like a very boring video game for adults that makes them feel like they're working, when they're actually just enjoying colorful abstract shapes and colors. To be honest, this is probably a sizable piece of why I'm in this line of work.

>> No.21460629
File: 82 KB, 580x428, rgmd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21460363
women are much more clever. men think they're winning, but women aren't even playing the same game.

>> No.21460634

>>21460610
It's easy once you have your foot in the door, it's getting your foot in the door that is hard. Women are built to tune out men until they do something interesting that makes them worth considering, they see men as the background NPCs of life. Sometimes you can get on their radar by total accident and end up having relationships or sleeping with them despite them being way out of your league, but then they will ignore millions of guys in their own league because those guys are still dime a dozen in the big picture.

This is why dating apps were such a crushing blow to ordinary guys, because women used to have a lower threshold for putting a guy on the radar because their number of potential partners was smaller. They were much more open to giving guys in chance encounters or at work or in class a chance, because they were themselves unconsciously conscious of a slight scarcity problem. They could go weeks or months without a date if they didn't take a chance here and there.

Now they sit on apps, and their unconscious is trained to see the world as an infinite and inexhaustible supply of boring men interested in them by default. Even the dumpiest 5/10 now has a fundamental starting attitude of "impress me, you're disposable." It's not hard to imagine the effects of this oversaturation, you can see an analogous process in porn. Why do you open 150 tabs and waste 2 hours instead of being happy to see a grainy titty like your dad was? Because you have infinite options. You naturally create a distribution of what's available and seek only the highest part of the bell curve. You're unconsciously always starting from a "meh, I could do better" assumption.

For average guys, all women starting from such an assumption is like a meatgrinder. It's impossible to get on a girl's radar in an incredibly gay dating app that forces you to either look like a boring feminized millennial tryhard or a low class meathead with nothing in between.

>> No.21460642

>>21460622
why's that

>> No.21460658
File: 35 KB, 499x499, 1668747361250721.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21460626
It really is

And just imagine, most information out there is completely useless or purposeful deception. You would have to be a complete schizophrenic or an idiot to trust any information on the net these days. Most people don't understand the concept of bad information, much less the mind as a post-cybernetic system. We could erase 50%, maybe even 75% of the dead internet if we ran it through a few algorithms

>> No.21460671

>>21460634
What are men to do in such times?

>> No.21460681

>>21460671
Opt out of society.

>> No.21460698

>>21460671
You can take some small advantage of how fucked everything is by refusing to conform to trends, and aiming for the small minority of women out there who aren't looking for either male basic bitches or "u wanna smoke" meatheads. I've known hot girls who dated guys 5 inches shorter than them just because the guy was refreshingly "4chan" and they were momentarily willing to prefer that over yet another basic normie.

I've also had an increasing number of girls recently telling me about how all any of their dates talk about is twitter and it's beginning to disgust them even though they also use it.

>> No.21460705

2023 prediction:
the son will return and lead us to the kingdom of heaven

free me of my possessions!
I wish to be like you, fully man and fully god!
save us from the weeping and gnashing of teeth!

>> No.21460727

what the fuck is behind the flavored nicotine vape ban in california? because if you ask me, if you're ever unsure of the motivations behind certain actions -- simply look at the results and infer the motivation from there. Hence -- the guy at the tobacco shop said they no longer carry vapes -- "BUT I CAN SELL YOU A PACK OF CIGARETTES". So i bought a fucking pack for the first time in 2 years.

"bbbut flavored vapes are make children want to buy them!"
fucking gay meme lobbied by big tobacco. i swear, put anything on billboards and ballots in CA and people will vote for it.

>> No.21460736

>>21460727
1. Yes it does encourage children to smoke, manbaby.
2. Most vape companies are tobacco companies, you fucking dolt.

>> No.21460751

Tolkien talks about racial language and being interested in a language at first sight because of racial memory, but what if your ancestral language doesn't have an orthography? Many indigenous people are screwed in that regard.

>> No.21460791

>>21460736
You're a giant fag
>>21460727
It's fucking obnoxious desu. California legalizes weed but bans vape products. Looting is okay, but God forbid you bet on sports matches. You can cut your dick off at 13 but no way you can touch a cigarette until 21.

>> No.21460855

>>21460642
cocaine is a winners drug

>> No.21460862

>>21460855
No.

>> No.21460864

coming to realise the special moments, important events, miracles don't affect or change you, the small, everyday ones do.
memories of me in the back of my dad's car going down the A44 can suddenly appear very powerfully. 2 engaged girls offering me a threesome & telling me i'm beautiful do nothing. my parents divorce - nothing really.

>> No.21460876

This Feeld BDSM dating app is something else. So many young, perfectly normal and attractive girls stating right in their profiles that they're married or in relationships and looking for bulls to "shake things up." I thought it was all memes, but apparently it's a real cultural phenomenon.

>> No.21460885 [DELETED] 

>>21460876
it's always who beg to be cucked though

>> No.21460900

>>21460885
You mean it's the guys putting them up to it? I don't know. There's a lot of young pretty singles asking for "daddies" and "experienced doms" to break them into the scene too. I think girls today are just sexually unhinged.

>> No.21460919 [DELETED] 

>>21460855
nytimes had a story recently about a bunch of workaholic manhattanites that stayed home for thanksgiving to "work" aka do coke and there was a bad batch loaded with fentanyl that killed them all. one was a purple hair social worker type, one was an investment banker with a newborn kid, and the other one i forgot but something along those lines.

>> No.21460962

How come whenever someone posts an example of good prose it is always some long winded description of scenery?

>> No.21460965
File: 126 KB, 500x378, b73bd677afe65c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Should I do a digital detox for the new year? Last time I did one I didn't really notice any benefits but I only went offline for a couple days. Maybe I should do a longer one this time.

>> No.21461015

>>21460965
I'm planning to for the whole year. I need to because my life is a mess. So, no 4chan for a year.

>> No.21461066

And dropping a bar bell he points to the sky
Saying, "The sun's not yellow it's chicken."

>> No.21461090

Now its dark.

>> No.21461098

If I think up scenarios I can act out the feelings of the characters, especially if there's a monologue. this is dangerous, because I just sobbed terribly for half an hour and rekindled my suicidal ideation. great.

>> No.21461141

"celebrating" NYE alone with my parents, it's not that bad really, but it's really nothing as well. I wish I really wanted to be somewhere else. Maybe 2023 is the year my life starts moving again.

>> No.21461179
File: 56 KB, 1024x595, 1567710573136.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

chest hurts all the time. can't sleep. gonvused beelins.

>> No.21461190
File: 445 KB, 280x280, 1635382291236.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Spend all week procrastinating on doing something and making myself miserable by weighing my memory down with distracting noise
>finally get around to doing it
> It takes five painless minutes to accomplish
I really need to get to the bottom of why I am like this. Then again, I guess it can wait...

>> No.21461217

>>21461141
Why do we "celebrate" or worry how we celebrate so many holidays? It's better to reflect on the true meaning of the holiday and use it as a means to effect present and future action. A lot of American/Western culture has been devoted towards not doing active thinking and towards meaningless pursuits of pleasure. I'm not saying not to enjoy any holiday, but people overthink how they should spend their holidays instead of just doing it and making memories. It's such a weird way of thinking about looking at life. I might not be explaining myself well and this isn't directed at you at all, it's just something I've noticed: people are so passive and grief stricken over the smallest things yet they wonder why they sre stressed out and unhappy, despite not living life in the moment, using the past as a basis to direct their present to the future they want. It's a very weird way of thinking.

>> No.21461333

The most pathetic year of my existence is closing down. And yet, I still believe that 365 days from now, I will be doing well. There is no real logical reason to think so, not even a sign of good things to come, I just feel an oncoming breeze in my way. It better be true. I better justify my being here.

>> No.21461404

I spent less time reading this year than any year in the last ten years. Didnt happen on purpose or anything. I wonder if I burned out on it? You guys ever just have a slow year and come back?

>> No.21461649
File: 1.75 MB, 1920x1080, ..png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Going out so ill get this over with now.
Happy new years bros! Hope your year was alright and you're all doing well. Here's to a 2023 of good fortune and happiness.
Cheers.
https://youtu.be/p2DuLFzc5Tg

>> No.21461874

My entire body started tingling out of nowhere

>> No.21461900

>>21461649
Cheers

https://youtu.be/C6lSMSgHer4

>> No.21461939

i'm over thirty years old, never worked a day in my life, and the chickens are coming home to roost for me. my dilletantism hasn't even afforded me a competency in literary expression, nor have i even bothered to try publishing. i am a waste, i would very much like to kill myself, but my mother, who i live with, relies on me, and would assuredly either wither away, a wreck of tears, or kill herself immediately.
i have no purpose beyond this to live for.
i have written hundreds of pages, all of them fourth rate, poems of exceeding mediocrity, banal stories that deserve burning at best, or as the bedding for a particularly diarrhetic pigeon. my entire life has been one mistake after another, i am a criminal, a slave to vice, one who has done more harm to people than any good. i am selfish and repugnant, overweight and ugly, oily and my stench cannot be washed away.
i am a coward.
i would love to hang myself.
i would love to fling myself from a bridge.
i laugh as the drugs i've taken just now envelop my senses, dull my meaningless and invite a mild demeanor, which is a numb phantom of that which is a menace. i will rise tomorrow on a new year an old, tired, unskilled, inexperienced, worthless insect. i beg that i might be killed so it is not my hand that takes such a wretched, meaningless life.

>> No.21461952

>>21461939
>i'm over thirty years old, never worked a day in my life
stop reading right there. there is no way that you know anything worth reading lmao. condolences

>> No.21461960

>>21461952
yes, and you're a mincing faggot.

>> No.21461962

>>21461952
Shut up, bitch

>> No.21461972

I'm going to spend some time going through this.
https://tradistae.com/2020/10/08/reading-lists/

>> No.21461973

>>21461939
Discover a purpose that makes use of your skills that isn't being the breakout romantic poet of 2023

I saved a dog hit by a car and ended up becoming an animal rehabber and it's the most fulfilled I have ever felt. Life works in strange ways.

>> No.21461985
File: 6 KB, 274x184, 32.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21461939
I hope for a world in which people like you are unable to exist. If they try, through ignoble slyness, that they will be revealed and driven out of society with violence to live or die away from the community they have refused to join.

>> No.21461987

>>21460791
are Californians even human at this point?

anyways, hanging out with my buddy tonight for new years, drinking Captain Morgan and some hard cider.

>> No.21461991

>>21460736
I understand most people are determinists here but children smoking is a choice they make and its their fault if they die of cancer. sneed.

>> No.21462002

>>21461985
i would simply murder you if you tried, larper. people like you are so weak. you couldn't drive dust bunnies out from under your bed. i might be loathsome, but i would gladly strangle you for 30 more minutes of suffering on this shithole planet.

>> No.21462003

drinking rum and german beer(germans are gay).
I miss you so much and think about you all time.

>> No.21462023
File: 33 KB, 317x400, 1654898775416.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21462002
Oh, now you suddenly get motivated to do something? When before you were a human slop-bucket for self pity and malaise. Use that anger to make something of yourself you wretched creature.

>> No.21462024

>>21461987
>>21461991
Californian here. The reason the nicotine ban was passed, undoubtedly, is because California is a strange matriarchy where we look at "the issues" entirely from a perspective of maternal protection. The matriarchy in question is a cabal of upper middle class white women voters, and they look down on all groups beneath them as victims, dumb animals that need to be protected from their own ignorance. There has been a years long campaign to ban menthol cigarettes as well. Why? Because menthols are disproportionately preferred by (read: "forced upon") black people.

So black Californians can thank white women for protecting them from their own consumer choices. Yes, women vote more than men, and this gap is higher in California.

>> No.21462040

>>21462024
sneed

>> No.21462047

>>21460965
Source for picrel?

>> No.21462049

>>21462023
oh, you must not be able to understand that many folks do not follow any sense of continuity. i wonder that this is such a new experience for you. yes, i would at the very least maim you.
further, you really should work on that bizarre larping you got going on, lest it buries you. some of us are extremely dangerous, you know.
i'll probably be better off than you in a year, fiscally and socially.

>> No.21462052
File: 114 KB, 674x1024, 1622053090996.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21462049
>i'll probably be better off than you in a year, fiscally and socially.
Do it, see what happens. You will be better than what you can become.

>> No.21462053

>>21462023
How old are you? I get second hand embarrassment from you. Imagine spending all this time posting propaganda on the book section on a Rhodesian dog breeding site

>> No.21462071

>>21462052
>you will be better than what you can become
i understand why you've said this, but it isn't coherent. in any case, i know you mean well, and want the world around you to be filled with successful happy people, but your idealism is a bit ridiculous. people are flawed, horrible creatures. no political system will ever change this. ever. it will only provide different positions to crash from.
in any case, again, i know you mean well, and you've cheered me up a little by inspiring my ire, but you're quite obviously more prone to illusion than i.

>> No.21462073

>>21460965
Did it for six months, probably the most fecund period in my life.

>> No.21462089
File: 52 KB, 750x900, sonnerad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21462071
>i understand why you've said this, but it isn't coherent
No, the curse of rewriting a post on a phone.

>Want the world around you to be filled with successful happy people
No, I want a world that precludes the ability to not live. Happiness and sadness is not a problem.

>but your idealism is a bit ridiculous
It is hardly idealism, the conditions that allow your life only exist in the West, it is entirely preventable.

>people are flawed, horrible creatures
They are when their entertainments and distractions are removed, with them in place they are not even people.

>no political system will ever change this
Every political system but the Western Liberal tradition, it seems to encourage this.

>it will only provide different positions to crash from.
Better you crash and die than never get off the runway.

>but you're quite obviously more prone to illusion than i.
An optimist or realist for the future perhaps. But I am not prone to any illusions, my life is good I am happy. I'm about to begin a family. I finally have a good world-view, one that does not exist in contradiction to what I think and feel, or what I want to do and see.

>> No.21462094

I wonder if my problems stem not from irrationality in my process, but from incomplete rationality. Is the difference between rationality one of degree, not of kind?

Let's suppose we take Leibniz at face value and accept the Principle of Sufficient Reason, which states that everything that happens has a rational explanation. The universe is fully explicable, at least in theory. Nothing is beyond reason in the upper case, though it may be beyond our reason in the lower.

Then irrationality is simply an inefficient form of rationality. It's rationality done poorly. Even the madman has his reasons after all. They are just disjunct from the facts of the case, false reasons.

The distinction between irrationality and rationality, like so many binary oppositions in our language, is therefore illusory. Misapplications of reason are irrational.

Nor are the emotive drives, the instincts, the animal impulses of the lower brain necessarily irrational. They embody a rationality at the animal level and are simply incompatible with circumstances for which they were not evolved.

>> No.21462103

>>21461939
Don't blame yourself for your misfortunes. Remember, nobody is responsible for anything in a strictly deterministic universe. People like you are meant for monasteries, for a different path through life. 90% of people in your position would more or less trace out the same path.

>> No.21462110

UAAAAHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEXXXXXX
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>> No.21462122

>>21462089
all right. well, it's clear you're an idealist. congratulations on starting a family, i wish you nothing but the best, but to think for an instant that the west is the only place for losers to exist is pretty naive no matter how you slice it. there are countless people like me, and far worse. i have a chance to turn my shithole of a life around merely by getting a factory job and eating a bit better, but frankly, i don't hold any quaint notions of revolutionizing my country. it can be fixed without relying on fascism. and again, all political formats have the innate corruptible factor of relying on the will of man. in any case, again, good luck to you and yours. faggot.

>> No.21462129

>>21462103
i try to keep that sort of thing in mind, and actually i was just doing some research on a local monastery. they make fruitcakes during the winter months, it seems like the right path, and likely once my mother dies, i'll donate all my funds to the monastery, give my house away, and live a cloistered life. it does seem like the best option for me. i don't feel as though i've ever had a place in this world, and i often shirk communities simply because i'd rather not ruin the damn things.

>> No.21462133 [DELETED] 
File: 97 KB, 903x1024, 3490B5F6-605D-4160-AC5A-E3EFDE0FCA21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21457565

>> No.21462137

I just had a bit of clarity earlier today during an insomnia episode and just realized how fucked my worldview is

>free speech would override private property rights in nearly all cases
>women would have zero input in whom they marry
>no one could vote, everything would be a strictly patrilineal leadership
>money wouldn't exist
>advertisements would be illegal
>atheists would get deported, as it would be illegal to not believe in God
>mandatory gun ownership
>adultery would be punishable by death
>higher education wouldn't exist, everyone would be self taught or homeschooled

This. Is not good.

>> No.21462145

>>21460629
There is simping. Then you have advanced simping

>> No.21462150

Is my preference for black turtle beans, a type of legume in the Phaseolus vulgaris species native to Central and South America and known for their small, black, turtle-shaped seeds and high protein content, potentially influenced by the frequent consumption of black turtle beans by my Mexican ancestors as proposed by the theory of Lamarckism, or are there other factors, such as my inherited genetic traits or environmental and lifestyle factors, that may have influenced my preference for this particular type of legume, which is a plant group that includes beans, peas, lentils, and peanuts, all of which are characterized by seeds that are enclosed within a pod and are often used as a source of protein, fiber, and nutrients, and is made up of a group of plants in the legume family that includes several important food crops such as common beans, kidney beans, and lima beans, with the understanding that Lamarckism is a now-discredited theory of evolution proposed by French naturalist Jean-Baptiste Lamarck in the early 19th century that suggested that traits acquired during an individual's lifetime, such as increased muscle development from exercise or altered body structures from using tools, could be passed down to their offspring through their genetic material and play a role in the development and evolution of species, a process by which populations of organisms change over time through the process of natural selection, in which individuals with traits that are advantageous for their environment are more likely to survive and reproduce, passing on their advantageous traits to their offspring, leading to the development of new species and the extinction of others, a process that has been supported by the vast body of scientific evidence accumulated over the past several centuries and is widely accepted as the primary mechanism driving the evolution of life on Earth, and the genetic material that is passed down from parent to offspring and plays a role in the development and characteristics of an organism is contained within molecules called DNA, which are made up of a long chain of nucleotides, the basic building blocks of DNA, and are organized into units called genes, which contain the instructions for the production of proteins and other molecules that perform various functions in the body and determine an organism's characteristics, such as its physical traits, biochemical processes, and physiological functions?

>> No.21462155

>>21462137
But that's based?

>> No.21462156
File: 111 KB, 800x1095, Thomas_Carlyle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21462122
>to think for an instant that the west is the only place for losers to exist is pretty naive no matter how you slice it.
I have never said that, losers exist everywhere in the world and always will. We can not, and should not, remove them from society. What should not exist is the capacity to move through life without conscious effort. Everywhere else now and throughout history there was always a minimum level of effort needed to just survive, we no longer have that in the West. Fascism and National Socialism will return that vitality and requirement for motion.

>I don't hold any quaint notions of revolutionizing my country. it can be fixed without relying on fascism
I don't think it can, the symptoms can be addressed time and time again, but the root cause remains open and festering. Without something akin to Fascism or National-Socialism I don't think it can be fixed.

>All political formats have the innate corruptible factor of relying on the will of man.
Why is the corruption of one man deemed worse than the corruption of an upper and lower house, filled with corruption? That survive off corruption, that trade in and deal in nothing but corruption? It is far easier to remove one corrupt man than an entire system predicated on it. With strong ethnic bonds, corruption can be mitigated to some extent. Not removed entirely, but combated somewhat.

>> No.21462157

>>21462133
why'd you post this?

>> No.21462169

Posting women here should be illegal

>> No.21462174

>>21462156
despite you quoting me, we're talking past one another, and even if we were squarely engaged and able to communicate without that deceiver Ambiguity getting in our ways, we'd still fundamentally disagree.
I'll leave you to it.
Sartor Resartus sucks btw.

>> No.21462192

>>21462155
Sure but most turbonormies will perceive me as fucked up and last time I checked spergs don't make the rules irl.

>> No.21462196

>>21462133
>No results on yandex
Lmao. Stupid hoe. I'm saving this shit.

>> No.21462228
File: 119 KB, 670x447, 3099046-1732967002.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The French Foreign Legion is a fascinating case. It represents a kind of fascistic egalitarianism. Where the propagandistic slogan Diversity is Strength, suggests that social complication alone is valuable, the FFL posits: Strength Despite Diversity. To suit its purposes it makes uniform countless ethnicities, races, backgrounds: it proves that all are equal by proving that anyone who can endure harsh military discipline is de facto equal. Through spartan heaviness, it makes equal difference, equal in performance, equal to its high standard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO_WEwtkkAk

>> No.21462241

>>21462196
there are many results on google images.

>> No.21462251

fell asleep watching youtube and woke up to a Himmler documentary

>> No.21462262

>>21462228
>To suit its purposes it makes uniform countless ethnicities, races, backgrounds

There is not countless races, there is only a handful of ethnicities at any one time. Typically German, French, Polish, British and Spanish. All of these wax and wane at the conclusion of major conflicts.

>> No.21462266

>>21460727
Has california really banned vaping ? vaping is probably a big reason why i was able to quit smoking so easily imo, people talk about how it’s one of life’s great challenges to kick cigarettes but honestly, thanks to vaping, i felt like i found it easier to quit than most, just took a year or so of tapering the nicotine level down and then just like five days of mild discomfort.

>> No.21462299

>>21462266
CA banned sale of all "flavored" nicotine vapes in stores. So apparently you can still buy them online, and apparently stores are still able to sell tobacco flavored vapes, although so far the two smoke shops near my house completely took all vapes off their shelves. I also quit cigarettes after vaping. Fucking Californians are obsessed with laws. It's like we've crossed a critical mass of legislation and now we're caught in a feedback loop of looking everywhere we might apply new laws, and ever newer laws to fix the old laws. Californians LOVE paying taxes.

>> No.21462341

>>21460698
>I've known hot girls who dated guys 5 inches shorter than them just because the guy was refreshingly "4chan" and they were momentarily willing to prefer that over yet another basic normie.
If you're gonna make up shit, at least make it believable.

>> No.21462360

Are women meant to be consumers? It's like they're engineered from their youngest age to consume shit and spend money. My tendency to accumulate wealth seems to be thrown out of the window whenever I'm dating someone.

>> No.21462415 [DELETED] 

How come everywhere I go on my mobile network 4chan is banned because of CP?

>> No.21462455

I have 3 years to turn my life around. Then I'll be Jesus's age when he died. I'll be killing myself at that age if I fail.

>> No.21462465

>>21462455
>not even going to become a martyr
ngmi

>> No.21462468

>>21457565

I need to get back into reading next year. The last 3 years have been absolute hell for me as an adult. Life couldn't stop kicking my ass.

>> No.21462481

>>21460173
Post some exerpts

>> No.21462489

>>21462465
I will be a martyr to my ideals

>> No.21462495

>>21462481
>December 27th: Today I tried German bratwursts. Amazing! The food was truly amazing. When I left I saw the wonderful Brandenburg Gate and it made me realize the significant and amazing culture of this place and the history that all of us partake in. Wonderful! Splendid!

>> No.21462497

>>21462495
Lmao

>> No.21462510

>>21457565
I need to kill myself soon. Life does not get any better for me. Like a Chinese finger trap, the harder I work, the worse it gets.

>> No.21462513

>>21462495
at least it's truly heartfelt. i wouldn't mind reading this on a blog. some of yer favorite writers' journals weren't complex either. just keep honing your craft through your diary or on the side, and don't sacrifice your heart

>> No.21462524

>>21462510
Wah wah wah shut the fuck up and actually try for once

>> No.21462532

>>21462524
Waiting for the opportunity. Need an empty house, then I can hang myself.

>> No.21462534

>>21462495
at the very least there is a great deal of joy. better that than a morose fucker like me writing pulchritudinous yet acerbic shit.

i'm fairly certain one must be truly broken to write

>> No.21462538

>>21462360
That and they exist to gossip. None of my ex girlfriends had much in the way of hobbies except those two idiotic things. It's almost as if they're special and not in a good way

>> No.21462546

>>21462360
They are meant to maintain social networks and build nests. Endless consumerism and bitching are the failure modes of these instincts.

>> No.21462597

>>21462532
No dumbass, try and better your life so that you can actually live and enjoy it.

>> No.21462601

>>21462597
Yeah as if I haven't been working like a fucking donkey for the last 10 years trying to do just that. It's not changing. I'm better off getting out.

>> No.21462644

i will never listen to you niggers again in the new year. here it is. here it comes. a year without niggers. how brilliant.

>> No.21462657
File: 420 KB, 1500x1500, cheers-and-beers-paper-dinner-plates-8-ct-_13901955.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21457565
>>21462510
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
AULD LANG SYEN!!

>> No.21462668

>>21462360
Women are children. When you look at a woman just remember she's a child. Imagine her looking back out at you, and at the world, and remind yourself she has the same experience you had when you were 12. Everything is more colorful, more lit up, more fun, but also more shallow and decontextualized. You can't teach a 12 year old why his ideas about politics from playing Call of Duty are retarded. All you can do is listen and laugh, and envy him for being able to take a video game so seriously. Women can literally look at a dog or a baby for an entire day and giggle and feel completely at home in the world. Women can probably smell colors. Women are high 24/7 on being a woman, which is like MDMA but better. You can't talk to a person that high. All you can do is pat them on the back and give them a soft colorful scarf to play with.

>> No.21462715

Happy new years bros.

>> No.21462718

>>21461987
Yeah we're human you fucking retard. What else would we be?

>> No.21462720

>>21462718
>What else would we be?
Californians

>> No.21462721

>>21462024
Retard like you took BAP way too far

>> No.21462724

>>21462720
Why is that mutually exclusive to human, moron?

>> No.21462725

>>21461090
It's called night you stupid stoner

>> No.21462731

>>21462668
>when you only see women in porn

>> No.21462736

>>21462538
this part is real for sure though. the gossip thing legit annoys me with women and i often have to remind them that they've just been complaining for five minutes about someone who isnt there

>> No.21462742

>>21462724
Yes.

>> No.21462791

>>21462724
Because Californians have shown themselves to doggedly continue to vote for awful politicians and laws that actively make things worse and instead of just voting differently to improve their state they move to nicer states to continue to vote for the same retarded trash, like cancer metastatizing.

>> No.21462853

>>21462791
No, a bunch of cancer from flyover states plus Mexico moved to California, allowing for endless voter fraud to suck this state dry and then move on like locust. I'm old stock. We built this state into the best damn place on earth. Then a bunch of middle america white trash and illegal aliens sucked it dry. And now we're a husk for it.

>> No.21462858

Every political project is crypto-liberalism, except liberalism which is crypto-fascist which is liberalism.
It is amazing to see everything bend back and return to its origin. Like throwing a rock in the sky and getting hit in the face by it once gravity kicks in.

>> No.21462861

This is my last post on this site. Starting next year, I’m never coming here again. Fuck you, bastards

>> No.21462866

>>21462861
See you tomorrow.

>> No.21462879

>>21462861
literally or figuratively idk I have autism

>> No.21462884

>>21462731
if thats the case then pedophilia is justified

>> No.21462900

>>21462024
repealing the 19th would sure change a helluva lot at this point.

>> No.21462929

Damnit I could be with bros drinking but family drama interfered

>> No.21462945

>>21462024
>tfw no mommy government

>> No.21462968

>>21462024
Are you thinking of California senators? They don't run the country, they live in DC collecting lobbyist bribes. White men run California.

ALL states what to run their people's lives.

>> No.21463009

>>21462929
Just leave.

>> No.21463041

>>21462929
I don't care what stupid drama my family gets into. Its frankly none of my business and I got my own problems

>> No.21463043

>>21462968
>White
lol

>> No.21463060
File: 746 KB, 748x744, 45v0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I steal money from my work (tips)
that's it; there's no punchline; I just steal money from my work

>> No.21463073

I marvel at the stars and feel my heart overflow
further down the river
further down the river
further down the river

>> No.21463077

So I avoided a new years party because my brother was not invited and I didn't want to lie to him about it. So I ended up spending the night alone instead. Not sure if I made the right choice. If I went I would have had a lot of fun. But I really disnt want to lie to my brother about it. Im kind of mad at my brother for being so unlikable that I have to either avoid fun or lie for his ego.

>> No.21463083

I am like a child in good and bad

>> No.21463097

>>21463077
imagine having a brother

>> No.21463101

>>21463097
My life would be better if I were an only child

>> No.21463123

>>21457565
I cannot control myself from the most basic and undisciplined urges. I feel like a teenager. But internally I am overcome with the hatred of what I do. It almost feels unconsentual, and that negative attitude towards what I’m doing externally just sticks with me, all day and night. But if I truly hated it, wouldn’t I be capable of breaking the habit? Any attempt I make is temporary and ineffectual. And so I sit in my bed, unable to get up after hours of contemplating it, hating and hating.

>> No.21463129

>>21463077
>>21463101
This type of shit just makes me think most "normal"fags are just fucking children. Why didn't you just fucking tell your brother this? Why didn't you tell the people at the party that you would only come if your brother was invited? Why are so focused on fun instead of fsmily? Shit like this brings me back to a son of Russian immigrants who came to America after the fall of the USSR I knew who HATED white Americans becuase they are so duplicotous and fucking vitriolic but they always hide it behind fake smiles and fucking false pretenses. Say whay you want about any minority group, unless they sre being paid, they won't hide their feelings about you to your face and I can respect that. I can't respect the fucking fake nature of American white people and it rwally just seems to be North Americans. Europeans are pretty fucking open about how they feel about you to your face and I can respect that.

>> No.21463136

>>21463129
>becuase they are so duplicotous and fucking vitriolic but they always hide it behind fake smiles and fucking false pretenses
I hate this shit. It's very common at my workplace (military) and I'm sick of it. Everyone will joke around with you and act all buddy-buddy and then turn around and talk about how much they hate you when you aren't around but play dumb when presses about it.

>> No.21463288

>>21463060
Not american, so no idea how tipping is supposed to work, but isn't the whole point that the tips you get are yours?
In that case, if you're stealing them, aren't you actually stealing them from other wagies, not your work?

>> No.21463376
File: 536 KB, 713x840, 1672130419626831.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I refuse to begin doing anything until i'am provided my nympet, virgin, slut bride.

>> No.21463390

>>21463136
It's worse when you get out. Just you wait. Going into the army was a huge culture shock for sure, but getting out was a shock that floored me for years and years. I became so used to everything being out in the open that when I came home and discovered how two faced civilians are I just couldn't handle it.

>> No.21463409

The boards really slow tonight. Dass nice. Some threads haven't had a reply in 12 hours. Maybe, some people are trying to quit /lit/ like they claimed. Things should pick up before Monday.

>> No.21463421

>>21461952
yeah, because sitting hunched in front of a computer for 8 hours a day really delivers the kind of experience an author needs to write a good story. You fucking idiot.

>> No.21463425

>>21461939
lol same except I at least live alone

>> No.21463433
File: 250 KB, 736x960, 1660993564392366.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21462053
>Rhodesian dog breeding
Pretty sure that weren't dogs they was breeding over there, fren.

>> No.21463439
File: 57 KB, 976x850, _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Im not going to solve y problems and make life better by just getting drunk

>> No.21463441

i only got four hours of sleep beforw my stupid fucking cat decided to wake me up by meowing at like gunshot volume and then i was too pissed to get asleep again

>> No.21463497
File: 6 KB, 250x250, 1592837479736.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21463441
my cat howls like crazy all the time and keeps me awake or wakes me up, sometimes it pisses me right off, but I cant hold it against her. she is old, im sure she probably has arthritis or whatever, she doesnt groom any more, and she doesn't go outside anymore unless its summer time and i sit outside reading with her. she wont play much if I try either. im sure she is bored to tears, and her brother died 2 years ago, not that they got along well before the end. I really do feel for her but i dont know what to do at this point.

>> No.21463502

>>21457703
Do it. Very loudly.

>> No.21463526

>>21463497
get intelligence games for cats- there must be kinds that don't involve a lot of moving. and cat-nip

>> No.21463604

>>21463390
>civilians
At least in the military you can yell at people and put in their place. There's respect for authority, there's rules, plans, procedures that better be followed or else there's legit punishment and accountability, etc. In the civi world people are even worse shitheads than in the military and nothing gets done about it until it gets completely out of control.

>> No.21463627

guys, being in the military or not in the military has nothing to do with what you're talking about. all human beings in all occupations all over the world are like this. welcome to adulthood, everyone's lying, incompetent, or deeply troubled, have fun.

>> No.21463631

I would have written a whole lot more if I could skip the neurotic stage of figuring out which language to write in.
>Just write in your native tongue
I don't exactly know what it is, because our dialect is this highly approximative mishmash of multiple languages rolled into one (we're not gypsies, however), which is a syntactic nightmare. As much as I love it, I don't feel as "in control" of my element as I do in, say, French. But that still doesn't change the fact that the latter is not native to me, and that I won't be addressing my own people through it. If I make any advancements in writing in one language, they are practically useless when it comes to switching to another one. I'd be working with a mostly different framework each time, and this shit has been driving me nuts for a while now. I already had a fear of commitment in my regular life, so this extra wager that I have to make is standing on flimsy grounds by default. I guess it's the linguistic version of "jack of all trades, master of none", since I'm not really going to become proficient in any of them if I stay that way.
Have any notable bilingual-or-more writers elaborated on this dilemma?

>> No.21463671

>>21463627
>t. never been in the military
Not a knock or an insult as much as it is an attempt to get you to realize you're talking out of your ass. The military is very much different from the civilian world.
>>21463604
Yeah... these days I work as a security guard and it seems like every other month my boss has to remind me and go, "Dude, they're civilians... you can't expect them to react the way you or I would." Luckily, he's a former Marine so he gets it, but still. I'm convinced that a huge amount of the American population has never once been held accountable for their actions. I was an E-5 in the infantry and I've dealt with some shitty, undisciplined people considering I was Army. The vast majority can be worked with. On any given Sunday working this job I'm at now, I'll deal with at least two or three people who would have gotten chaptered out within a week... by fucking 2008 standards.

>> No.21463727
File: 944 KB, 1024x1024, clubfoot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

request denied. lmao.

Nabokov really can't help himself with these degenerate lunatics, can he?

>> No.21463796

>>21462024
>Because menthols are disproportionately preferred by (read: "forced upon") black people.
They're preferred by kids and more white people smoke them. I'm not saying Californian white people don't believe a lot of racist memes and vote on them from both sides, but the ban is actually about kids smoking from a public health view.
Menthols are for kids and girls, because they're easier to smoke. It's actually white Californian women voting based on racist memes they have about who would light their menthol cigarettes for them and pretending they're not into that. The idea they're protecting black people allows them to forget they were in love with Angelina Jolie's character smoking Kools in Girl, Interrupted that they read the book, had the mental breakdown and smoked nothing but menthols til they turned 22 and got heavily into wine coolers and hung up their blood necklace.

>> No.21463813

any books about coping with being born in third world

>> No.21463824

>>21463631
Nabokov writes a lot about it. The problem is that different languages have different lifestyles attached to them, so phrases which don't carry external meaning can be weighty in other languages in ways that aren't simply translated. And most languages are a mishmash. We trade languages with everyone we trade with or steal ideas from or know for too long.

>> No.21463835

>>21463627
No they are not. If some one hates you in Europe or most of Asia from my travels there, they tell you directly or you csn easily infer it by the dirty looks they give you and the fact they avoid you. If they like you they are blint about that as well. It's really just Amerivans with their hyper-consumerized culture that do this shit like fucking telemareters or some shit. It's so fucking annoying. Just be honest with your fucking emotions. Don't be fucking snakes. I used to not get why other people hated Americans but now I have a good idea why and I can't blame them. Fake friends are worse than honest enemies.

>> No.21463841

>>21462945
we need to be wary of our desires anon

>> No.21463858

>>21462094
I enjoyed this post

>> No.21463874

Read Aristotle.
Read Thomas Aquinas.
Read Karl Marx.

>> No.21463901

I hate this state of existence. Lost in life yet too cowardly to just end things.

>> No.21463911

why do you guys try to be such intellectuals anyway surely there must be a less pretentious way to put forward your point

>> No.21463941

Two years ago, without God, I would've done it. I stood on my window sill and looked down, my head empty. I wasn't thinking at all and just wanted to disappear. I know I would've jumped back then if the fear of hell didn't hold me back, I really would've done it. No notes, nothing. At this very moment jumping out the window would've been as natural and as easy as opening my empty fridge in the morning. My life barely hanging by a thread, suspended from the window. Nothing has been the same after that day, as if I had truly jumped and somebody reanimated my body in a hurry and placed it back on the window sill, ready to live again, but missing the soul that whisked away.

No one knows about this and it's probably for the better. I've progressively distanced myself from everyone I know afterwards, to the point of totally disappearing from their lives. Some have asked me why, and I responded that I simply didn't know and wanted to be alone. I lied. The real reason is that I don't feel that need for companionship anymore, it's not as strong as before and as thus, can be ignored. I don't truly care about others. I've been pretending since this happened, acting like who I was before but I can't maintain it long-term. So I've moved cities. So I don't answers calls from anyone but work anymore. It's like everything that made me human jumped out that window back then.
I've been rereading myself and I write like an ESL retard but I'm in my twenties and I am living on my own.

>> No.21464151

books on being trapped in your own head? how does one save themselves from their own autistic self? if not what can you expect as a general pattern in life

>> No.21464213

My morning was ruined when I saw this really cute girl sitting in the pew in front of me at church. I want a gf so bad. I don't want to be an incel though. Church makes me feel depressed since I don't find any joy in Jesus like others seem to do.

>> No.21464215

>>21464213
You have to talk to people. Make friends at the very least.

>> No.21464256

>>21464215
I have attended some bible study groups but those can be alienating as the people around me live much more fulfilling lives and deal with more significant issues that make mine feel trivial. You know the feeling, like a high school reunion where all your former friends are married and have children while you are at the same spot mentally you were at 7 years ago. Hard not to feel some inferiority there, it's a personal problem but naturally I think I'm a very bitter person. In the past I've always avoided others in a similar way because I hated myself so much I was embarassed at the thought of others getting to know me. I don't know how other people can talk about themselves so easily.

>> No.21464325

>>21463441
>>21463497
When cats howl like this, especially when they're older, it's often because of three things:
- deafness (cat loses ability to moderate volume)
- blindness (mild to total, cat is lost and gets disoriented)
- dementia (cat forgets where s/he is and gets disoriented, wants help)
Often all three of these go together in varying degrees, so you can get sad combinations like a cat that already has a hard time getting around due to losing its sight, having the additional problem of getting confused and not being able to find its way again.

There are ways to deal with this like trying to minimize novelty in the cat's life, like furniture placement or big moves. A way to deal with the dementia is to always have the cat nearby, especially at night, so s/he can find you by familiar smells/sounds and any dementia episode ends quickly.

Another option is to get another cat, which is risky and needs to be handled with extreme care because cats can not get along, but if it does work, I've seen it really give an elderly cat a new lease on life, because they could basically lean on their new friend and always be cuddling.

Also as your cats get older, if they start to have constipation problems, or problems like bouts of not eating and then vomiting (ESPECIALLY vomiting that leads to frothy white and/or yellow vomit), this is not just "getting older," it's the colon losing its elasticity and not putting enough water in the stool for it to pass, so they get constipated. The vomiting themselves to death phenomenon comes from trying too hard to push the stool out, which triggers their vomit reflex, and this leads to them being dehydrated and starved quickly in an endless loop, so they die. If this happens to your cat, research and ask your vet about lactulose. A single drop of $10/mo laxative on your cat's food can restore the moisture balance and give him 10 extra years of life.

Also get your older cats regularly checked for renal failure, which can be managed to double your cat's lifespan:
https://www.felinecrf.org

>> No.21464356

>>21464256
Why do you go to Church then?

>> No.21464363
File: 882 KB, 864x956, 1665669649019.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sick at the start of the New Year. I feel abysmal. This is not the way to start something new friends. Despite that my hatred for all things academia and economics related has never been stronger.

>> No.21464399

The keyboard sits untapped,
For a man is bound by his surroundings.
A thought in turn is wrapped by a conscience;
Here in the forest are sounding the birds.

>> No.21464518

>>21463129
I'm not a normalfag. My brother is severely schizophrenic. He is explicitly not invited because he's volatile. I like to think about fun so much because ive spent the last ten years making sacrifices for my mentally ill and drug addict family members.

>> No.21464535

how do i become rich and famous? like in the old days you could get some lads together and raid some fishing villages but now we have to follow "international laws" or something

>> No.21464536

>>21464518
How would you describe the pain that a decade of dealing with volatile, schizophrenic drug addicts has caused you? Are you planning to continue dealing with them? Do you love them still?

>> No.21464560

>>21464535
>like in the old days you could get some lads together and raid some fishing villages
I think that's called politics now, lad; the problem is getting the wreckheads you know to vote for you, especially if you or your grandfather hasn't built the local road.

>> No.21464571
File: 75 KB, 500x500, artworks-ggvQvXbm8cMyYxXW-7onx2w-t500x500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Life is still real, vital, urgent, important- but not in the fickleness that we tend towards occasionally. The truth is that there is something rather than nothing, and that we- as human as we are- must consciously choose the truth rather than folly, faith rather than doubt, courage rather than cowardice, love rather than wickedness, light rather than darkness, and good rather than evil. Be strong in spite of it all, anons. Happy New Year.

>> No.21464591

Remember me? I'm the one who had your baby.

>> No.21464616

>>21464571
Would Aristotle be someone good to read if I like this post? Any anons feel free to chime in

>> No.21464622

>>21464571
I cant fight if the fight is meaningless and the end result is death.

>> No.21464626

>>21464616
Arrian and Lucretius more like.

>> No.21464637

>>21464622
the end result is death whether you fight or not, why be okay with resigning

>> No.21464648

>>21464622
You must fight. There is meaning and there is life.

>> No.21464664

the unsaid often says more

>> No.21464689

>>21464560
hmm reckon 2023 might be the year for political ascendency

>> No.21464695

i've noticed an increase in usage of the term "brain damage" on this website recently. I have a feeling it's going to be the next major dually insulting/self-diagnostic meme label much like "autistic" has been since 2010 and schizo/schizoid since around 2020. brain damage is the next logical step because it implicitly becomes a physical problem responsible for a poster's maladjustment. expect not just more posts saying "you're brain damaged" but also posts saying "i'm brain damaged"

>> No.21464701

>>21464689
You're wasting your time on me; I'm registered for nothing.

>> No.21464714

need some practicam advice. How do I get more female friends as a heterosexual man who doesnt want a girlfriend but just wants more female friends? Tinder? Instagram? Whats the way?

>> No.21464725

>>21464695
We've moved on from the early Balkan conflict of the 90s to Eminem's classic from the Slim Shady LP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifi6mPWoXxY
You're going to be so 2000 and late by the time we all sit down to watch Paris's sex tape.
>t. /lit/'s hipsterism ra

>> No.21464732

>>21464648
I dont have any meaning.
>>21464637
that even confirms the futility of the fight

>> No.21464782

Be grateful for your problems. Not everyone is lucky enough to have your struggles. That's what makes you unique, because you're sort of the same as everyone else

>> No.21464786

>>21464782
gee, thanks. me being 30 khhv really makes me unique

>> No.21464791

>>21464786
In a cosmic sort of way, yes

>> No.21464796

>>21464791
a living cosmic joke. atleast someone is laughing.

>> No.21464799

>>21464796
The gods are laughing at all of us buddy

>> No.21464803
File: 456 KB, 1009x395, steppenwolf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>just become a hylic

>> No.21464950

For what I did seven years ago. For not reading the room. For failing when I couldn't afford to fail. For feeling sorry for myself all the time. For not knowing what the right choice was. For failing to understand. For not being good enough. For having a big mouth. For wishing for something I can't have. For being ugly. For being too short. For having no confidence. For second-guessing. For raising my voice when I should have been calm. For trying to be relaxed when I should have raised my voice. For being an embarrassment. For being a bad friend. For being a bad son. For not being the brother I should have been. For my laziness. For resting on my laurels and believing I could always coast by without effort. For what I never noticed. For being self-absorbed. For persisting where I'm unwelcome. For scratching your truck that time. For not knowing what's wrong and not knowing how to fix it. For showing weakness unbecoming one in my position. For just plain not knowing how to connect with other people. For wanting someone out of my league. For never realizing I wasn't wanted. For not going through with it when I was 19. For being sick after everyone with us got better. For making you pay for it. For lying. For being a burden. For stealing. For lust that I allowed to control me. For that bet I lost and never paid. For being awkward and weird. For forgetting. For trying to forget. For being a burden. For what I've done and what I've failed to do.

>> No.21465006

>姻
heh

>> No.21465076
File: 38 KB, 662x712, image34.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21464732
>>21464648
>>21464622
>>21464637
Meaning is given to life by death alone. In fact, the fruit of life is death.
What you are doing is living under the notion that the purpose life is to live; in reality, the purpose of life is to die. When one lives for life itself, they chase meaningless pleasures and vacuous memories. In the end, all of those pleasures and joys will be twisted into suffering as age robs the body of its every faculty; inevitably, everything that one has ever done will be proven fruitless on the day of their death.
This is not a nihilistic idea. It is the most optimistic philosophy possible. The life-affirming religions of the world are simultaneously death-affirming; meaning, of course, is manifest through death alone. The life of a Christian is spent in preparation for death; repentance, purification, and worship, all for the single moment of truth in their lives; death. The very namesake of Christianity completed his life through death- Christ became the Redeemer through crucifixion. Buddhists hold true the same death-affirmation. It is only through a life lived for death that one can achieve enlightenment. True religions affirm the single meaning of life- death.
However, suicide is a meaningless form of death. Suicide itself is an expression of life. When one believes they desire death, what they really desire is life. The life of pleasures they didn't or believe they cannot experience, or perhaps a life free from suffering. Nevertheless, those who kill themselves do so for life, and thus even their death becomes as meaningless as their life.
It was not too long ago that I believed I desired death; perhaps the same as you. I realized that not one person who is yet living has ever wished for death. Anyone with a true desire for death has already committed suicide. To speak that desire is to betray its nonexistence. I spent a good few years in this sort of conundrum of lying to myself- telling myself again and again that I wanted to die. It is poetic, in a way; I only needed to give up on life to gain it again. If one desires happiness, they will find none. One must revise their unrealistic expectations and live for death.
A Christian merely larps until he proves that his faith prevails unto the end. Mishima larped until he proved his words with a splash of blood. The meaning of one's life only becomes true when it is crystallized by death. I was a cringe larper then and I am a cringe larper now. I will always be a larper, perhaps, until the day of my death. As it is with everyone.

>> No.21465131

>>21465076
You okay?

>> No.21465142

>>21465131
In practical terms, better than I've ever been.

>> No.21465179
File: 163 KB, 337x421, 1642106268617.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21465142
What about impractical terms?

>> No.21465186

>>21465076
>One must revise their unrealistic expectations and live for death.
I can only see my death as a ultimate discouragement to do anything.

>> No.21465190

>>21465076
You're almost based man. I like you. Keep it up.

>> No.21465256

>>21465186
I don't understand how you arrive at it. I see death as the exact opposite, I want to be dying and not regret my choices.

>> No.21465262

>>21465256
Whats there to arrive at? Death is the end. Nothing matters after it, especially your bodily life.

>> No.21465323

another night of drinking, another morning waking up feeling debilitated and feeling chest pain

i dont even get anything out of binge drinking anymore, I think I just do it because its all I know, and now it feels like its literally killing me

>> No.21465461
File: 416 KB, 1369x1897, Wagner.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21465262
We have no idea what lies beyond our death, if anything and I'm in no hurry to find out. The journey is what is important, not the destination.

>> No.21465468

>>21465076
>For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

>> No.21465474
File: 70 KB, 500x583, Sphinx-Mystery-Men-Wes-Studi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21465468

>> No.21465494

>>21465076
This post is comforting

>> No.21465518
File: 183 KB, 800x661, 1672491552539041.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Not good at anything
>Cant make choices
>No vision for anything
>No energy
>No personal taste
>Always feel helpless
>Reading stresses me
>Playing vidya stresses me
Wtf do i even do in this life. Im 30 already.

>> No.21465526

>>21464622
Meaning is right in front of your eyes every waking moment. You are making a choice, either conscious or unconscious, to deny it. This is a foolish decision that you have the power- and, primarily, love - to correct. I know you have it in you, anon.
>>21464626
I've been meaning to read On the Nature of Things and the fact that my post reminded you of Lucretius (not that I am claiming any sort of skill, for I am an open book of stupidity (which thought I understand to be irrational and equally stupid as I am, perhapsingly more so)) has driven me to get to reading it.

>> No.21465537

>>21460727
big tobaccos investing their future in vapes though. less regulated (relatively) & they can go after the kids & non-smokers.
the ban could be because cigarettes pose less of a threat to those two demographics (particularly the former)

>> No.21465538

>>21465518
You seem to be a broken npc.
Please see >>21461985 from earlier.

>> No.21465552

>>21464535
show off your unique pathetic personality on youtube make patreon world could use another chris chan

>> No.21465554

>>21462089
>I finally have a good world-view
>nazi-posting
I believe you are guilty of the ignoble slyness you accuse others of.

>> No.21465561

>>21462174
post some of your writing pls

>> No.21465580
File: 153 KB, 826x1360, 1662478356391534.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21465554
In what way? I strive to be open and honest in my discussions here. If you are going to post short knee-jerk responses there is little to he had. If you are going to straw-man my position with the usual positions, there will be nothing gained by either of us. But, in the small chance that you are honestly interested, id be willing to discuss anything with you.

>> No.21465587

>>21465580
I'd like to believe I am honest to a fault, which is why I accused you. I do not trust any ideology. Why do you think Nazism is a good political system?

>> No.21465588
File: 2.99 MB, 4160x2340, KIMG0142.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21465561

>> No.21465601

>>21465538
Who says im not part of a group or 'society' faggot

>> No.21465606

I'm stronger now. I don't need you or anyone else!

>> No.21465611

>>21465588
Your voice is one of an old friend. Moments of brilliance there, keep writing for yourself if no one else. You taught me the interjection "fie". Honesty for others but deception for yourself is some real good, bitter stuff.

>> No.21465620
File: 122 KB, 576x1024, 1667930560795655m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21465587
I do not use the word good, as that changes depending on where you fall on the left/right political spectrum.

Instead I think it is the only way in which the standard family can be propagated and made to meaningfully increase in both quantity and quality. Tied to this is i think it is also the only way in which white europeans, or whatever term you wish to use for the race or ethnic group i belong to, can be prevented from being made a minority or erased entirely. It is the closest we can come to realpolitik. I do not think democracy, in any form, can accomplish what i want to see. Nor do i think democracy can be sustainable for land, people or morality.

>> No.21465622

>>21465611
thank you for your kind words, but it gets very dull to read someone biting himself constantly, i promise. very sweet to say, though.

>> No.21465636
File: 224 KB, 1024x1024, 1666634388292130.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21465588
Im the rockwell poster who engaged with you yesterday anon. It is a shame we are not local, i would be keen to sit down and talk, you have a rare talent.

>> No.21465648

>>21465636
oh, oh, don't say that. don't.
thank you for saying it besides.

>> No.21465703

>>21465622
That's not true. There are people who read pessimistic writing religiously

>> No.21465733

>>21465518
seen anybody about it?

>> No.21465823

Next thread

>>21465821
>>21465821
>>21465821

>> No.21465929
File: 123 KB, 640x799, Quelle unbekannt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21465076
>However, suicide is a meaningless form of death. Suicide itself is an expression of life. When one believes they desire death, what they really desire is life. The life of pleasures they didn't or believe they cannot experience, or perhaps a life free from suffering. Nevertheless, those who kill themselves do so for life, and thus even their death becomes as meaningless as their life.
>It was not too long ago that I believed I desired death; perhaps the same as you. I realized that not one person who is yet living has ever wished for death. Anyone with a true desire for death has already committed suicide. To speak that desire is to betray its nonexistence. I spent a good few years in this sort of conundrum of lying to myself- telling myself again and again that I wanted to die. It is poetic, in a way; I only needed to give up on life to gain it again. If one desires happiness, they will find none. One must revise their unrealistic expectations and live for death.
Saved, one of the best posts I have read in years, srs. Any more insights?

>> No.21466710

>>21458849
love doesn't just "enter your life" you have to get out and seize it, and accept all the risks that comes along with that