[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 44 KB, 336x448, 1312097677704.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2141840 [Reply] [Original]

I am not an Übermensch. I am saying this because I know what being an 'Übermensch' means.

It is not just a person but rather also a goal; to become a being who creates the 'reasons for a way of life' i.e a morality, from within himself. A man capable of such a feat thus automatically frees himself from the shackles of finding reasons from without. He is not misanthropic or at least not necessarily so. But rather he is not dependent upon what he believes to be intrusive to his motives. He is necessarily an introspective creature. For only that man, who sees his thoughts clearly can indeed know his nature. Only through identification can a change be brought to enhance facets of personality that strengthen one's character and mitigate those parts that weaken it.

So after this long prologue, a short answer awaits the question you might ask. What am I really?

I am neither the Superman nor the slave. I am the bridge. I can not claim that I have identified myself, but I am working on it. Cliched , I know. But true. Very, very True.

>> No.2141856

this shows some concern with cause and effect. When people have problems with morality coming from elsewhere, and focus on the idea of it coming from with in, it ussually indicates a fear of not being "original".

In my opinion, being "original", literally being your own origin, is just as impossible as being the effect of something else. In general the whole cause and effect idea of a person's being seems ridiculous.
If something out there interests you (maybe Rodin's Thinker, in your pic), your use/appreciation/application of that thing need not impinge on a personal liberty. Similarly, if you create something you don't need to be afraid of its originality, of it not coming from the group.

Go with it either way, keep a keen eye.

>> No.2141865

>>2141840

Okay, you're an idiot, on so many levels. But on the most important one, the superman is not in opposition to a slave, they are not opposed, in fact the slave is closer to superman than the bourgeois master. Second, man is the bridge, between animal and superman. You just made a half correct overly purple statement that you are a man. Congrats. Lastly, the ubermensh is not truly a goal, you do not find the ubermensh in the halls of the philosophers, you do not reason your way or rationalize yourself into the ubermensh. Its not a goal, it was never a goal, if you aspire to it, you'll never reach it.

>> No.2141868
File: 57 KB, 478x544, 1303429001652.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Holy shit, how can you guys be so obnoxious and childish? What is this ego driven shit? DURR HURR NITCHY DERP DERP UBERGUY HURRRR I AM IN COMPUTER ON LONG JORNEY TO BEEN AWSUM IM 14 N NOBODY LUVS ME BUT 1 DAY, 1 DAY.......

What the fuck is wrong with you? You embarass me and dissapoint me. Grow up or go to /b/ for fuck's sake.

Made me rage.

And don't answer me

>> No.2141873

>>2141868
wait, can we just clear something up, did you post a picture of patrick batemen to serve as a stand in for your expression, or were you making an ironic point? I can't tell anymore.