[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 61 KB, 1080x608, d0f3da9c78e807206a7fc891de7d406c54e8b7af2e6aaea3fc5a5c0572cc86fa._V_SX1080_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21379481 No.21379481 [Reply] [Original]

Any good books about becoming a more independent person/overcoming learned helplessness?

I'm a former terminally online brain fried adhd neet that's going back to a full-time job and don't to instantly cuck it the minute I show up
In generally I overthink too much and I'm overwhelmed with the most basic shit (live with my parents btw and moving out isn't an option since the avg rent here is expensive as hell)

>> No.21379529

>>21379481
the courage to be disliked
yes, read it

>> No.21379588

There's no shame in living with parents. No one has more right over your parents stuff than you, their legitimate children. Your parents stuff is your stuff. People never see inheritance as something to be embarrassed of. So how is living in parents house any different? It keeps you closer to family and saves money. Idk why you guys are so autistic over this. In Asia we like to stay together. Btw, I'd recommend james clear's atomic habits. Get good habits in, the habit of waking up earlier and showing up. Just focus on this, don't overthink anything else. Once you attain the habits it becomes second nature to work,study or wake early. Literally no effort, no painful feeling at all. Good luck anon!

>> No.21379701

>>21379481
The Bible.

>> No.21379985

>>21379481
Do this:
1. Plan out your schedule from the day before
2. Wake up early
3. Start working away at your schedule as soon as you wake up
You are welcome.

>> No.21380194

>>21379529
Fpbp

>> No.21381507

>>21379481
The Bible.

>> No.21382248
File: 223 KB, 1730x1000, 2fe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21379588
>So how is living in parents house any different? It keeps you closer to family and saves money. Idk why you guys are so autistic over this. In Asia we like to stay together.
I'm eastern euro so culture wise we are pretty similar to meds/Asians in this regard.
Mentioned this in the OP since I'm in the position where most of the daily chores are being taken care of by my parents. After graduating in the summer I was bascially living the tendie neet lifestyle and now even cooking my own meals/washing ironing my own clothes seems like a quite herculean Task for me lmao
Therefore I forced myself into a job by spamming application letters and now I managed to get some meme IT position.
>>21379701
>>21381507
Any particular gospels?
>>21379985
The problem is that I'm actually able to autistically track what I have done during the day (have been doing that since the pandemic) but I can't get schedule a day ahead even if my life would depend on it

>> No.21382299

>>21382248
>The problem is that I'm actually able to autistically track what I have done during the day (have been doing that since the pandemic) but I can't get schedule a day ahead even if my life would depend on it
Yes you can, and you will. What's stopping you, exactly? You determine what your goals are, you schedule time for them, and you do them. Make sure to wake up early. That is all.

>> No.21382672

>LEARNED HELPLESSNESS IS LE BAD
It's of no benefit for an organism to exert itself when there is no reward. This is why you have no motivation.

>> No.21382701

>>21379481
How old? How'd you get a job?

Not that I want to but a 15 year CV gap comboed with the resulting social skill deficit doesn't elicit hope.

>> No.21382738

>>21382248
I'm in the exact place you are now man. Graduated and regressed to manchild status at home. I might get hired in January and I think I'll bite the bullet and rent my own place even if it's expensive, I need to get out of the family home asap.

>> No.21382860

>>21382248
maybe you should stop posting the demoralisation memes that clearly put you in this mindset in the first place

>> No.21383037

>>21382299
Procrastination has been a huge issue for me, especially the internet where I can waste hours for hours simply clicking link after link. I used content blockers on my devices and it helped to an extend but too often I fall back into endless online sprees
>>21382672
I dont know, I enjoyed my carefree life so far but I feel like it might have disastrous consequences in the future, also I feel like im too much of a leech for my age.
>>21382701
25 and just applied to some random it gov positions. There is a shortage of employees because the most competent either move overseas (USA) or they get a decent offer from some swiss company. Also I larped on my resume in regard to my skills and simply went with the code meme (frontend). My only regret is that I havent done any certs (I thought this was just a pajeet meme but companies genuinely care about them) and that I have wasted hundreds of hours shitposting instead of simply getting good at one particular framework.

Social skill wise Im in the same boat and thats why I went into a more IT related field
>>21382738
The worst thing is if you realise that months have went by and you havent done anything at all. I actually wanted to read a lot and use my time for all the things which I wanted to learn/do in the first place after graduating but I just continued to rot away in front of the screen

>> No.21383211

>>21383037
>Procrastination has been a huge issue for me, especially the internet where I can waste hours for hours simply clicking link after link. I used content blockers on my devices and it helped to an extend but too often I fall back into endless online sprees
I have done the same and content blockers do nothing for me, I just turn them off and do the same thing. Here's a tip. Don't turn on your devices. If and when you do, turn them on and use them for specific purposes, then turn them off again. Start your day offline. As I said, plan out from the day before, wake up early and start working on your schedule. That's all you do. Try it. Hell, turn off all of your devices for a week and just see what that's like. You'll probably have so much time you won't even know what to do with it.

>> No.21383450

adderall, if doesn't work kill yourself

>> No.21383624

>>21383037
>The worst thing is if you realise that months have went by and you havent done anything at all. I actually wanted to read a lot and use my time for all the things which I wanted to learn/do in the first place after graduating but I just continued to rot away in front of the screen
Dear God yes, I fell for the exact same trap. I wanted to polish my German skills, read books, and maybe learn a new skill. Instead I've done FUCK ALL (although I have done daily Anki flashcards and regular Gym at least)
Something about being at home is just crippling to me. When I was thrown into another country all alone I managed to do alright. Did my own cooking, rent, cleaning, socialized everyday, etc. Now I'm back to Middle Schooler status. Atrocious place to be.
How expensive is rent where you live? Would you be willing to live with a roommate? I feel like having your own place is good remedy

>> No.21384231
File: 82 KB, 640x393, 6dvefayacuk81.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21383624
>How expensive is rent where you live?
I would say around 700$ for a one bedroom appartment which might sound rather okay but due to the rather high taxes and low wages I will earn like 2k after taxes every month and combined with the living costs I won't be able to save a lot of money. Also the pay progression is quite depressing and I can be happy if I will get like 2,5k after 5 years of waging. My ultimate goal is to start a biz but I don't have the money yet and with my current terrible habits it's just a recipe for disaster
>Would you be willing to live with a roommate?
Tbh I would rather live in some micro studio pod, im an absolute hygiene autist and sharing a toilet or a bathtub with someone else is pure nightmare fuel for me.
> I feel like having your own place is good remedy
I have to admit that some of my colleagues who moved do seem like they are really getting ahead somewhere. But i also noticed that lots of zoomers here still live with their parents despite having a job, I have the suspicion that they simply gave up on the dream of owning a home or finding a reliable partner in order to start a family and now just plunge their self into a rabbit hole of leased German sedans and designer clothes. Quite bleak

Nevertheless I don't want to blog post that much but I hope that wagmi anon. I just had another procrastination spree (lol) browsing through warosu and found pic related, I will give it a shot (since I feel like the internet is the major contributor to my inaction and I would probably better without it, despite the convenience factor)

>> No.21384251

>>21379481
Just do it... faggot