[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 28 KB, 640x480, too deep for you.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2108618 [Reply] [Original]

Hello denizens of /lit/,
I would like to know what is your opinion about the implications of technologically enhancing, replacing adding and generally meddling with ones brain.
I'm talking specificaly about consciousness and p-zombies. /sci/'s opinion is that if it's externally the same, then nothing else should matter. What do you have to say?

>> No.2108624 [DELETED] 
File: 130 KB, 500x509, lips.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>./sci/'s opinion is that if it's externally the same, then nothing else should matter

I would be more inclined to believe that their opinion was something along the lines of philosophy being a mental masturbation, while only they can see the truth using their superior brains, and their less than elementary knowledge of pop-science acquired from 10 minute youtube videos and random trivia from magazines. And I'm pretty damn sure all this was expressed in the form of a: >2011, >I seriously hope you guys don't so this
template.

That said I would never wager and subject myself to this kind of technology.

>> No.2108647

If it affects the cognition, then i'd avoid it. Anything else is bearable, but don't expect any individualism to be about to arise from such uniform meddling.

>> No.2108661

>>2108647
>implying cognition isn't merely an illusion.

>> No.2108710

OP here. I'm gonna bump this just this one time, in case I get some more input.