[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 78 KB, 658x1024, ij.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21006747 No.21006747 [Reply] [Original]

literarilly, i believe infinite jest (picrel) supports my hypothesis that not being able to purchase a plain bacon mcdouble from mcdonalds under the influence of alcohol at ~4:42AM is LITERALLY fascism... also at the recommendation of an arthoe i read more about wallace's abuses and i realize he was kind of a dick... (i still hate women and idolize wallace as an individual w/r/t his work, unironically... maybe thats why i get no pussy)

thoughts??? most important is the bacon mcdouble thing. do i really have to settle for a sausage egg and cheese biscuit? it feels like i'm being oppressed-- literally 1984, honestly. unironically.

ily all

>> No.21006757

>>21006747
OP-- flipping to random pages of my IJ copy... isn't it crazy how inventive and great wallace's fiction is? it is very disappointing to find out the nature of his character.

maybe there isn't a deeper alchemy to the human condition, maybe we can be predicted with absolutist accuracy, maybe there is no mystery.

in other words, maybe there is no soul? if I can write something with 1/10th of the incisiveness, profundity of wallace, him being a not-morally-admirable person or not, i think i could be happy with my ability.

how did he do it? how do i get my bacon mcdouble without waiting 'till 11 o'clock?!?!?

>> No.21006764

>>21006747
>>21006757
it's just so good, almost every word... :-(