[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 4 KB, 225x225, Download (10).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20969403 No.20969403 [Reply] [Original]

i hate it so much and those rounded corners fcking give me aids men. find myself using it less and less bc of the new design.

>> No.20969930

>>20969403
Same, maybe /g/ can make a CSS userstyle and helps us? I use one for Wikipedia and it changes everything.

>> No.20970051
File: 770 KB, 666x555, 1635624434694.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20969403
>is that modern web design that doesn't work with my 20 year old version of LYNX?

>> No.20970469
File: 2.29 MB, 2536x1158, DAB81A76-9EC4-4563-9705-338399DF079E.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Goodreads is also promoting F Gardner books now under all the horror recommendations.

>> No.20970503

>>20969403
The design is still tolerable, the old one was crap, this one too. That's the fact that they made it impossible for them to add new books to the database - it's completely disgusting. Then they could do moderation so that the user himself could contribute the book, but for others it would appear after being checked by the moderator. But no, we decided to do it stupidly. And firstly, I mostly read not in English, and secondly, I love old and rare books, so it was a pleasure for me to add some kind of rarity to the database.

>> No.20970538

are there any substitutes for goodreads?

>> No.20972288

/// If she thinks him too sweet and smarmy with other people, she should let him have it to his nose, straight out /// After spending some time on the island they became inured to the hardships /// When people in their social circles are positive and supportive, fear is dispelled and courage renewed /// In the early 1900s, farming was the mainstay of the national economy /// There were several other people absent that afternoon, weren’t there? Mr. Ashton for one /// Have you heard any scuttlebutt about the new boss? /// The wine is stored in oak casks /// People were sent out to snoop on rival businesses /// There were no soldiers visible here, just traffic and crowds of shoppers and storekeepers, tourists and the schnorrers who hit them up for money /// Lisa was living it up like she didn't have a care in the world /// The discovery was a fluke /// The analysis needs to be more granular /// The ancient ivy cleaved to the ruined castle walls /// The speech touched on all the important issues but never really discussed them /// A ballot snafu in the election led to a recount /// The drug is very effective - the only snag is that it cannot be produced in large quantities /// People with devious intentions always manage to find loopholes in legislation /// The car gave a sudden judder, then stopped dead /// She might live to rue this impetuous decision /// For now, foreign companies should tread carefully and onshore user data when possible /// We had to trudge through deep snow to get to school /// The play just plodded along in the second act /// Wortman is listed as a denturist — a person who makes dentures — in the city of Dartmouth, near Halifax /// She'll be delivering the keynote address at the conference on Friday // He rummaged through the jumble of papers on his desk /// He had the look of a man whose original rustic stolidity had been supercharged with cockney cunning /// Some of the clothes in the fashion show were too off the wall for the average customer /// That is not much comfort to a motorist stuck in a snowdrift /// The weather becomes more erratic, increasing the risk of summer droughts and harvest failures /// She had the calloused hands of someone who had always worked hard for a living /// I like to swirl in a pat or two of butter off heat to add sheen and give the sauce a velvety texture /// I could hear my roommate plodding up the steps to our apartment /// To use the vernacular of the period, Peter was square /// As a rule, monocles were a male accessory: If in need of an aid to vision, a woman would use spectacles or a lorgnette, a pair of glasses on a handle /// Both men and women have cowlicks, which can be covered by longer hair so the whorl is not visible /// I've been racking my brains all day but I can't remember her name /// He was agonizing over the moral issues involved /// The country's criminal and civil courts were creaking at the seams in spite of efforts to shore them up ///

>> No.20972519

>>20970538
No

>> No.20972539

>>20970538
No, goodreads is better than /lit/.