[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 35 KB, 300x360, over.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20919934 No.20919934 [Reply] [Original]

Than a girl who you loved and thought loved you back breaking up with you out of the blue.
Books for this feel?

>> No.20919969

>>20919934
Serotonin, just because he can't forget her

>> No.20919990

>>20919934
Been there and it was terrible. In my case it was an eight year long relationship, and the break up was months prior to the planned date of our wedding.
I remember back in the day, I stopped caring about books, movies and other storytelling media, everything with an optimistic ending was unsavory.

However, it was the most important experience in my life. I was religious before then, but this experience helped me to understand even more the Bible and how life is such a short breath that slowly escapes your grasp. Certainly Ecclesiastes was important for me to understand that all human pursuits are vanity, including the pursuit that I considered the most noble of them all: to love and be loved. I understood that my love for her was some sort of idol I was building, that I was elevating her so high. That maybe understanding what this world is about is the thing, and of course, for me all went back to God.
Also, reading Anna Karenina really made me understand things, in my experience reading that book is that Tolstoy was a genius. It's hard to be on Anna's side throughout the book, until we get to the part that we understand her life and her pursuits of pleasure was miserable. Meanwhile, our cynical Levin starts finding meaning in life, and this meaning is not because he met a good woman, this meaning is because he learned to appreciate life for what it is.

It really opened my eyes to see that my pursuit of love was destroying me, and allowed me to live a serene life. I no longer pursue women, but I accept if I meet someone right. I met many women interested in me since then, they multiplied as I stopped caring about them, but I can see them stealing my peace more than fulfilling my joy. For the first time, I'm living for myself and not feeling bad about it, because in the end, I wasn't as happy in that relationship as I tried to trick myself to believe it was heavenly.

I wish you a happy journey, my friend. May you learn much from it and become a serene person too.

>> No.20920076

>>20919990
I'm not any of the previous anons, but I'll save this post. Also went trough a break up right now. Thanks, Ecclesiastes was always my favorite book of the Bible as well.
I was thinking of re-reading the stoics as well. Dust everything from the time I was younger and stronger...

>> No.20920275

>>20919934
There's nothing that can be done about it. Now go and mope, be depressed for an entire year, maybe two. But next time, don't be such an idiot, and temper your passions from here on out.