[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 107 KB, 581x900, christus-consolator-carl-heinrich-bloch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20884861 No.20884861 [Reply] [Original]

How can i know God exists and christian God is one true God?
Why are christians right and buddhists wrong?
Buddhists think theyre right. Every religion says theyre right one. But only one can be right
I think people do to the best of their abilities, given their circumstances and character. If those 2 align with christianity then they believe. How can God judge people if they didnt believe if there is no proof, and theyre just as lost as everyone else?

>> No.20884873

>>20884861
>>>/his/

>> No.20884894

>>20884873
what THE FUCK does his question have to do with history, you literal FUCKING retard?

>> No.20884908

>>20884894
If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to >>>/his/

>> No.20884943

>>20884873
Why didnt u post this in the thread with op soiboi rendering of God, but u did in this serious one?

>> No.20885029

Idk man

>> No.20885033

>>20884861
Christianity makes the most sense out of all other religions.

>> No.20885221

Jesus claims to be God. He claims to be the ONLY way to eternal life. He defeated death. Hundreds of people were alive and saw this at the time it was written about, making it a falsifiable claim. The apostles suffered and died for what they witnessed with their own eyes, taking death rather than recanting. Lots of historicity and documented reasons. I believe because He changed me when I asked Him to forgive me of my sin and to be my Lord. I can only tell you what happened to me but objectively, you must say he was right or it is the biggest conspiracy that ever happened, with people-lots of people-willingly taking torture and death for what they saw with their own eyes.

>> No.20885228

>>20884894
>If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to >>>/his/.

>> No.20885250

>>20885221
I also had some experience in which i prayed and basically i felt Jesus say a sentence to me, i saw and heard him in my mind and then i fell on the floor shaking and slobbering cause i felt love so strong my body couldnt absorb it.
So basically to the world i have schizophrenia and its been years i often forget about that and i doubt again

>> No.20885260

>>20885033
lol

>> No.20885286

>>20885033
No it doesn't

>> No.20885312

>>20885221
>He defeated death.
No, his followers claim he did
>Hundreds of people were alive and saw this at the time it was written about, making it a falsifiable claim.
I don't think you know what a falsifiable claim is. What would demonstrate this to be total bullshit? After all, this is decades after the facts
>The apostles suffered and died for what they witnessed with their own eyes, taking death rather than recanting.
And muslim fanatics are willing to kill themselves over the claims of their religion, as were the members of Heaven's Gate, yet that doesn't convince you either
>Lots of historicity and documented reasons. I believe because He changed me when I asked Him to forgive me of my sin and to be my Lord.
Literally every religious person on earth will say this
>you must say he was right or it is the biggest conspiracy that ever happened
A significant portion of the human race believes the earth is flat. Humans are really vulnerable to group thinking

>> No.20885341

>>20884861
God is in your heart, so it's not that difficult to figure it out. Buddhism has no empirical basis, Christianity has the most evidence, orthodox monks performed and continue to perform the most miracles, Christianity has by far the most advanced metaphysics, Jesus literally fulfills all the OT prophecies, Christianity was developed by Greeks (the brightest minds on earth), etc. There's no competition really. Westerners who turn to Eastern stuff are just depressed schizos or tryhard midwits. Maybe the other religions have some truth in them too but the fullness of truth is in the Orthodox Church and it's obvious to anyone who studied church history and has a bit of spiritual awareness.

>> No.20885356

>>20885341
This is hilariously bad cope.

The most miracles? So if muslims just picked up their miracle game, you might consider praying to Mecca.

Holy shit, how embarrasing

>> No.20885366

>>20885286
What about it doesn't make sense to you?

>> No.20885382

>>20885356
The only cope here is your atheism. I don't care about suicidal opinions.

>> No.20885383

>>20885366
It provides zero evidence for any of its claims, most of 'proofs' it presents for its veracity are little more than badly made language games, sophistic copes and outright falsehoods, but probably the most important problem is that its followers don't follow a single thing that's actually in the Bible. Pretty weird if you're supposed to believe in this book down to the letter

>> No.20885393

>>20885382
Didn't your Messiah intentionally die?

>> No.20885407

>>20885393
Both atheist and stupid. The most common combo.

>> No.20885413

>>20885407
Do you find it difficult to answer my question?

>> No.20885434

>>20885383
Can you be more specific? And just because you don't know any practicing Christians doesn't mean there are none. I know plenty who follow the Bible.

>> No.20885444

>>20884861
>How can i know God exists
Discard your prejudices. The knowledge of God is the second most obvious thing after knowledge of your own individual consciousness. A triune being (spirit, soul, body) such as yourself could not live without a triune Creator.
>Why are christians right and buddhists wrong?
Buddhism is largely true, but it's not *the* truth. Buddhism is a humanistic religion and ultimately falls flat on its face by placing all emphasis on knowledge of the self. It might be good thing Buddhism still exists, but it also looks as obsolete as the other pre-Christian religions now that we have discovered a reality above nirvana.

>> No.20885512

>>20885444
What's the difference between spirit and soul?

>> No.20885545

>>20885512
If you wish to know what spirit is, the stuff all is made of, then simply look upon the nearest object, and ask yourself what exactly is doing the looking. Soul is an intermediary that binds it to the body and contains the passions and thinking mind. So in a way, like the body, it is clothing used to interact with the world. But it would be mistaken to see them as mere tools for the spirit, the center of consciousness. That would imply that the Son and the Spirit are mere instruments of the Father as well. But they are in fact one, and operate in an immaculate harmony.

>> No.20885551

>>20885434
Well, the Bible is very clear on what you ought to do. It makes it very obvious that the end times can start at any moment, and that focusing on anything other than makes sure you won't be punished by God is completely useless. It makes me wonder why you'd go to work, buy food, come home and watch tv, etc., if you believe what's clearly proclaimed in the Bible can happen any moment from now.

That's also why the verse about giving all possessions away is very prominently in there, because the people who are (one of the) first sources genuinely believed that the end times were about to happen, and so they genuinely didn't see tge need for possessions. Why would you anyway? It would just hinder your salvation.

So, whatever you think about the first Christians, those people still had the same charm of sincerity, although this is the same charm you will experience with any group of cultists. It's total bullshit, but at least the people who adhere to it appear to sincerely believe in it, since they base their real life actions on it, something i pretty much never see with the christlarpers here on 4chan

>> No.20885556

>>20885221
by your rubric we ought to embrace the religion of airplane hijackers

>> No.20885577

>>20885551
God wants people to work and be useful in their society though; why would God call for people to sit home and simply wait for the end? I do not understand this line of reasoning.

God doesn't explicitly say give up ALL possessions. In fact Thessalonians 4:11-12 say definitely don't do that. God does admonish the rich though; that is something you should avoid.

>> No.20885580

>>20885444
>Buddhism
>placing all emphasis on knowledge of the self
Does anyone here read anything? Anything at all whatsoever? Is there a single informed post?

>> No.20885588

>>20885580
only you anon. you are the only one on this board who is informed. just you.

>> No.20885635
File: 156 KB, 960x960, 1591462856465.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20885588
finally—some recognition of the me that is not-me

>> No.20885806

gawd is just a language game played by authoritarians, to show others how they should simp for them

>> No.20885832

>>20884861
Buddha said that he didn't know the truth. Christianity is the truth that Buddha and all other righteous people were pointing to.

>> No.20885839

>>20885832
Matthew 13:17 "I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, but they didn’t see it. And they longed to hear what you hear, but they didn’t hear"

>> No.20885887

>>20885832
this is just conversion rhetoric for team volcano-demon

>> No.20885914

>>20884861
Whatever society or conditioning you heavily subject yourself to, your mind will begin to take on the shape of that conditioning, which can even seem to be very profound and highly emotionally charged to that person and other persons. For instance, a pious Shia Muslim or Haredi Jew may have the exact same feelings about their own tradition and make the same claims of their absolute perfection and it will seem airtight to them, as people have done about Christianity in this very thread, all while even other sects in their very own tradition (the Sunnis or Reform Jews) are looking on them with such subtle quiet disdain, and/or they themselves are looking on disdain at those other sects, just as might happen between the Orthodox/Catholics/Protestants; even, of course, while the core teachings of such religions are usually about eliminating such pride in oneself and cultivating goodwill towards all people.

If you go into it deeply enough you might eventually come to some form of perennialism/something like Traditionalism/some apparently paradoxical, qualified view of non-duality. But if you try to distill it in words or make some book out of it or preach it to others, you run the risk of being just another shallow New Ager.

So what’s the point of this post? What’s my answer? I don’t know and can’t tell you anymore than you do, because to do so would be to arrogate a status to myself I don’t have, and I think almost anyone else claiming they can is either secretly insincere/doubtful-somewhere-inside or deluded.

My own experience and intuition tells me, that a more inclusive, non-dual perspective can include the dualistic perspective within itself in a perhaps apparently paradoxical way, but the same doesn’t always apply the other way around — a Muslim might be happy viewing their revelation and tradition as the greatest, highest truth that ever existed, just as a Hindu yogi or Christian monk might, and none of them would like to be disturbed in such a belief, but a privately non-dual expansive view may be able to see something of worth in all traditions without having to either join someone’s cult or even make one’s own “cult”, but simply able to happily learn from such wisdom wherever it presents itself, the reasoning perhaps being, “Wisdom is wisdom whatever its origin, just as refreshing water or the air we breathe can be found in any nation in the world, and doesn’t exclusively belong to anyone.” This would be the viewpoint of someone like a Pythagoras or an Apollonius of Tyana, Greek sages who were known for traveling widely and learning from various mystery schools and religious traditions, so it’s not like you’d be in an entirely bad historical precedent.

Happy hunting!

>> No.20886341

>>20885914
you stumbled in quite an important point there;
assuming you're criticizing all of those, without being biased against them (like a fedora atheist misinterpreting verses), Christianity is the only one that properly holds up.
jews are obviously warping clear verses and making up their own additions to what is considered Scripture to uphold what they want to do; muslims have to juggle the weirdness in their book, the absolute lack of falsifiability in anything it says, and just wear blinds to follow it to the letter in detriment of everything.
all criticism of Christianity i've heard hangs on either questioning the validity of Scripture, or misreading some part of it (at times on purpose).
about not having disdain, you get to that after learning enough.
there are sincere people even outside the faith (truly good in their hearts)
you get to see they just don't really know God yet. and your mission is to show Him to them. and for a Biblical example, the pagan woman that God directs Elijah to. although an idolater, she isn't as bad as the wicked men that came up with that idol, nor as the idolaters who revel in their sins; she's instead a good person, in grave error. she chooses to make food for Elijah instead of feeding herself and her child, and he blesses them for that (along with the miracle God executes, multiplying the oil).

>> No.20886548

>>20884861
Ontological argument states there is one God

>> No.20886628

>>20884861
>How can i know God exists and christian God is one true God?
>Why are christians right and buddhists wrong?
There's no real evidence, almost all arguments for Christianity rely on some form of "It just HAS to be true bro it just HAS to people wouldn't just lie" meanwhile we can see an example of an obviously false religion (Islam) that consists entirely of fabrications built atop one another. Faith alone is the only way. Most miracles are also dubious if you really look into them or could've easily been fabrications or "pious frauds".

>How can God judge people if they didnt believe if there is no proof, and theyre just as lost as everyone else?
There's no fixed dogma on this. Some Christians would tell you "straight to Hell!", some would feel bad and equivocate about it, etc.

>> No.20886639

>>20886628
Also we shouldn't forget Mormonism as an a counterexample to "People wouldn't just be persecuted for a falsehood! It HAS to be true!" Anyone intellectually honest can tell you that Mormonism is completely fraudulent. And yet its adherents suffered repeated violent persecutions willingly until they made their way to Utah.

>> No.20886663

>>20885444
>The knowledge of God is the second most obvious thing after knowledge of your own individual consciousness. A triune being (spirit, soul, body)
What? Nobody intuitively conceives themselves as triune. If anything people intuit themselves as having a body and a soul. What is the difference between soul and spirit, anyway? It's hardly obvious. You just made this shit up now. And the 'body, soul, spirit' thing hardly applies to the Trinity, which is easily the most incomprehensible concept in any major religion.
>le it's so obvious bro you just have to take the established dogma and make some harebrained shaky analogy to the human being
Literally who thinks in terms of body, soul, and spirit? Fucking nobody. Maybe the ancient egyptians did

>> No.20886671

>>20885545
>If you wish to know what spirit is, the stuff all is made of, then simply look upon the nearest object, and ask yourself what exactly is doing the looking. Soul is an intermediary that binds it to the body and contains the passions and thinking mind. So in a way, like the body, it is clothing used to interact with the world. But it would be mistaken to see them as mere tools for the spirit, the center of consciousness. That would imply that the Son and the Spirit are mere instruments of the Father as well. But they are in fact one, and operate in an immaculate harmony.
You're saying THIS is intuitively obvious? Holy mother of cope. You've engineered quite the justification of the trinity for yourself.

>> No.20886889

There's just something about Christ that unlocks that depth feeling deep in your heart and that feeling of love deep in your lungs. It's like we are programmed to know God when we "see" him.

Buddhism should be seen as a form of stoicism and not as a religion.

>> No.20886894

>>20885033
Kek

>> No.20886912

>>20884861
>How can i know God exists?

If you want proof for the existence of god ask any of the metaphysics philosophers here. Their "proofs" are shit ,But hey if it can help them delude themselves maybe it'll help you delude yourself too.

>christian God is one true God?
Why are christians right and buddhists wrong?

There is no definite answer to this because all of their claims are unfalsifiable.

>How can God judge people if they didnt believe if there is no proof, and theyre just as lost as everyone else?

Any rational person would argue that if God did judge nonbelievers but is not willing to provide any proof, that would lead to these outcomes

1. God doesn't exist
2. God exists and is an asshole, leaving it all upto chance.

>> No.20886917
File: 4 KB, 202x250, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20884861
I found Schopenhauer very helpful in developing a deeper understanding of Christianity. I highly recommend his studies in pessimism and parerga.

https://archive.org/details/essaysofschopenh00schouoft/page/n521/mode/2up

https://archive.org/details/23341891SchopenhauerParergaAndParalipomenaV2/23341891-Schopenhauer-Parerga-and-Paralipomena-V-2/

https://archive.org/details/immanuelkantscr07kantgoog

>> No.20886936

You can't and it is unlikely. The Lord in the Hebrew Bible is the God of Israel and its people.

Universalist religions developed much later.

>> No.20886942

>>20886936
The God of Isreal sent Jesus and Muhammed for the unsaved sinful gentiles.

>> No.20886949

>>20884861
buddhists burn in hell, I see them there sometimes.

>> No.20886958

>>20886942
From a Jewish perspective we only need the laws of Noah, not an entire new religion.

>> No.20887010

>>20886889
>feels > reals

Also, please speak for yourself with your 'programmed' shit. This is literally 'all people are born muslims'-style cope

>> No.20887015

>>20885839
And how do you know he wasn't mistaken? I've often held beliefs that I thought were true and that turned out to be total bullshit

>> No.20887019

>>20885577
>God wants people to work and be useful in their society though

No he doesn't, he doesn't give a rat's ass about society. All he cares about is if you obeyed him enough for him to let you into heaven. Christianity and monotheism in general is basically just a stereotypical authoritarian system, where obedience is the only true goal, that all otger goals are ultimately inferior to

>> No.20887022

>>20884861
Read the Athanasian Creed my Brother in Christ, it's all in there.