[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 26 KB, 1092x1037, 2ECDA626-D7DD-435A-9CEA-68916EF3C0B8.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20809365 No.20809365 [Reply] [Original]

books to stop being a coward? I fear confrontations. I tried those stupid theories like 'just acknowledge your fears and you won't be afraid anymore' but it didn't work for me.

>> No.20810217

Get into small confrontations where you'll know you'll almost certainly win. Your confidence will build up and you can keep raising your "level" slowly and slowly.

All that you need is to learn to love the war. That's basically it.

>> No.20810245

>>20809365
There's no book that will help you much with this. As above anon said, you need confrontations. However, I argue that you need big confrontations. You need to go on the hero journey and confront the unknown. Once you've faced the demons you have built up in your head you'll either be destroyed or become a man. There is no other way.

Most people are more cowardly than they appear. You know you're a coward and want to change it, which is how every hero story begins. I think you'll be just fine as long as you crawl back out into the world whenever you hide away.