[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 615 KB, 565x1740, William Hope Hodgson.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20806199 No.20806199 [Reply] [Original]

I'm looking for books (and thinkers) that proceed from a certain assumption: the assumption that our lifes will be radically changed by the inevitable (climate) apocalypse.

To give you an example of what I mean by this: I am not interested in what a contemporary Marxist economist thinks about the current exploitation of workers by capital; I am interested in the consequences the approaching (climate) catastrophy will have for the capitalist system and how a radical left can take advantage of the new situation.

Another example: I am not interested in what it means to behave ethically under the present conditions; I'm interested in what ethical behavior will look like in a Mad Max future.

In short: I am looking for books (and thinkers) that take the apocalypse seriously, that see an all-changing rupture coming, and that position themselves, on the timeline, behind the rupture, that is: position themselves in the apocalyptic (or post-apocalyptic) reality.

You know anything like that?

>> No.20806205

You actually think the weather is going to end the world lmao

>> No.20807254
File: 533 KB, 506x674, Anteater.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20806205
>You actually think the weather is going to end the world lmao
Let's just say: Many serious writers and thinkers believe in a climate catastrophe that will usher in the end––if not of the world––of the current world order. You don't have to believe them. I do, but that's beside the point. I just want to know if there are any books of the kind I described in the OP.

>> No.20807335

>>20807254
You didnt sign up for any club meetings I hope? There's a climate club among other more disturbing things next to my city apartment in an industrial complex. Lots of liberals and feminists and "refugees". They can't cover up the big factory windows so I can always look inside from my top floor apartment and see what they are doing. Lots of degenerate things. They have naked Mannequines in most of their rooms and during the climate club meetings they sit around in a circle on the floor and take their clothes off some down to their underwear. No sex in the group circle but not saying I've never seen it. The weirdest thing was two negro (refugees I suppose) that had lit candles stuck in their arses. (I can post proof but not on this board).

So think twice before you join any apocalypse cult meetings.

>> No.20807373

>>20807254
Well they're wrong.

>> No.20807376

>>20806199
>I'm looking for books (and thinkers) that proceed from a certain assumption: the assumption that our lifes will be radically changed by the inevitable (climate) apocalypse.
That's just modern climate "science" retard.

>> No.20807391

>>20806199
I guess the "deep ecology" philosophers like Negarestani, Thacker, Brassier, Meillassoux might be of some interest. They're all extremely dry/academic though with the exception of Reza who was a complete schizo but has since disowned his book

>> No.20807628

>>20806205
Yeah, anon, it’s actually happened a good few times throughout natural history…

>> No.20807693

July 2022

Atmospheric co2 418ppm

Humans are in for an assfucking